Drills For Swinging Left, Body Release, Quiet Hands

bober74

One of my big swing faults is overactive hands through the hitting area. So in the new year I want to focus on once and for all taking my hands out of the release and releasing more with the body and swinging more left.

So can I please have suggestions for drills and/or gadgets to help me practice this, particularly at speed. For chip and pitch shots I can take my hands out of things quite successfully but for irons and drivers my hands are as active as ever.

Thanks!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no drill, you have to get your body and especially the club, in position that makes swinging more left the proper matchup.

Taking hands out is a false dichotomy. They have to do what they do now or you’d hit it worse with your current alignments.

Ok, how do you do that?

By spending money.

There is no drill, you have to get your body and especially the club, in position that makes swinging more left the proper matchup.

Taking hands out is a false dichotomy. They have to do what they do now or you’d hit it worse with your current alignments.

Ok, how do you do that?

It’s individual for each person relative to what they’re doing.

Found this:

This is the sort of thing I was after.

That’s fine, if you’re in position to do it. That may not match what you’re doing.

Hypothetical. You have too much extension in left wrist in transition. You’re a 3 and can hit it well. That forces some pivot stall and hand action at the bottom.

That first dril....total distaster for you.

If you flexed your left wrist more, that would have the body react and hands would Work more up and left.

You can’t just say I want more body, less hands and swing more left in a vacuum.

Found this:

That's fine, if you're in position to do it. That may not match what you're doing.

Hypothetical. You have too much extension in left wrist in transition. You're a 3 and can hit it well. That forces some pivot stall and hand action at the bottom.

If you flexed your left wrist more, that would have the body react and hands would Work more up and left.

You can't just say I want more body, less hands and swing more left in a vacuum.

I like what this guy has to say about hand action:

Found this:

That’s fine, if you’re in position to do it. That may not match what you’re doing.

Hypothetical. You have too much extension in left wrist in transition. You’re a 3 and can hit it well. That forces some pivot stall and hand action at the bottom.

You can’t just say I want more body, less hands and swing more left in a vacuum.

What would the most common cause of this be in say a single digit handicap? In my case the stall and flip is when I get dumped under and right tilt too soon, then it's the only way to make contact (and marvellous for the back)