Just sold my G400... What next??

BCULAW

F9 sure has a lot of buzz around it these days...

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TS3

Titleist TSR3 - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Rogue LS - 15* - Tour ADXC 7x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - KBS Tour 120 Wedge

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft TruTrack (Winter)
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

Try out the G410 Plus. Just demoed it today and really was impressed with the adjustability of it. Wouldn't consider it a super low spin club, but forgiveness is there and ball speeds seem a little faster than the G400 series.

14 Beaten and Battered clubs,

a few balls and tees,

tattered golf bag and

one unwavering spirit that loves the game

I still heart my g400 max....but my testing session with the f9 was amazing. No LM...just the eye test...but dang that f9 was a beast.

This is why I won't let myself test the F9 yet.

Pretty sure that's what ends up in my bag by the end of the year

I was so impressed with the F9, I have one on the way now. I had to....

I still heart my g400 max....but my testing session with the f9 was amazing. No LM...just the eye test...but dang that f9 was a beast.

This is why I won't let myself test the F9 yet.

Pretty sure that's what ends up in my bag by the end of the year

I was so impressed with the F9, I have one on the way now. I had to....

I've been a Ping driver guy for the last 10 years and will not say anything bad about anything since the G20 as they are very reliable drivers in tournament play and match play but I couldn't resist either with the F9. Hitting the senior tour this year and it just gives me everything Ping has over the years with improved tone and I just love the looks too. I've thought for the last several years Ping and Cobra have been very similar in going after the forgiveness playability market for drivers that perform. Pings been a little ahead of Cobra imo but they may have just gotten passed..

Changing my answer.... NOTHING is better than the G400!!!! Buy another.. LOL

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

You just sold the most forgiving driver ever manufactured. My next move would be to find another one. Change the grip or something if it makes you feel better. Maybe buy a fancy headcover.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

OP here. Confession time. I spent 3 rounds with my new Rogue SZ/AD TP combo and ultimately didn't get along with it. It was just a really demanding combo for me - launched low with a lot of dispersion. Time to move on to....

You guessed it - another G400. Actually spent most of an afternoon hitting a bunch of combos. G400 Max with the Tour stiff and G400 LST with Hzrdus 6.5 were the finalists. The LST/Hzrdus consistently carried 10 yards longer, but the Max/Tour combo has such better dispersion that I was pretty much sold.

Before I pulled the trigger, I asked to hit the LST/Tour combo. BOOM!!! Man, it is a good fit. Picked up 12 yards of carry compared to the Max, and with nearly identical dispersion. The Tour shaft seems to be a really good fit for me, and the lower spin properties of the LST head really benefit me. Hopefully this combo will stick for a while.

Ping is really on to something with this technology. IMO, the additional forgiveness the G400 provides is really a game changer.

Haha, I knew the answer to your question was get another G400!!! There is something about the tour shaft that is just right. It’s the best shaft fit for me that I have ever hit, glad to hear we have another convert. Enjoy the setup :)

OP here. Confession time. I spent 3 rounds with my new Rogue SZ/AD TP combo and ultimately didn't get along with it. It was just a really demanding combo for me - launched low with a lot of dispersion. Time to move on to....

You guessed it - another G400. Actually spent most of an afternoon hitting a bunch of combos. G400 Max with the Tour stiff and G400 LST with Hzrdus 6.5 were the finalists. The LST/Hzrdus consistently carried 10 yards longer, but the Max/Tour combo has such better dispersion that I was pretty much sold.

Before I pulled the trigger, I asked to hit the LST/Tour combo. BOOM!!! Man, it is a good fit. Picked up 12 yards of carry compared to the Max, and with nearly identical dispersion. The Tour shaft seems to be a really good fit for me, and the lower spin properties of the LST head really benefit me. Hopefully this combo will stick for a while.

Ping is really on to something with this technology. IMO, the additional forgiveness the G400 provides is really a game changer.

Haha, I knew the answer to your question was get another G400!!! There is something about the tour shaft that is just right. It’s the best shaft fit for me that I have ever hit, glad to hear we have another convert. Enjoy the setup :)

Man, I've been killing this thing. Probably not quite as forgiving as the Max, but the lower spin definitely gives me a bit more distance and my dispersion has been really good.

The Tour shaft is so good, IMO. I don't have to step on it to move the ball, but it can handle things when I do.

Long, straight, forgiving. I'm not even considering other drivers at the moment.

Although, I can definitely see a 410 in my future!!! ?

Man, I've been killing this thing. Probably not quite as forgiving as the Max, but the lower spin definitely gives me a bit more distance and my dispersion has been really good.

The Tour shaft is so good, IMO. I don't have to step on it to move the ball, but it can handle things when I do.

Long, straight, forgiving. I'm not even considering other drivers at the moment.

Although, I can definitely see a 410 in my future!!! ?

Haha as long as you have the tour shaft in it, why not try it :)

Unless you’re ready to spend $500 or more, I don’t think you’ll find a better one than the Rogue SZ for forgiveness/low spin. They’re on sale and GG has coupons for more discount

That's funny. My experience with the Rogue SZ was the exact opposite. I had it in the bag for the month of August (which is usually my best playing month of the year). When I hit it on the screws, it was a champion.

My issue was finding the screws!

For me, it was the most unforgiving driver I ever hit. I was using the shaft from my Callaway 815 that had a pretty good resume' so the issue was indeed the head.

I swapped the Rogue for my current G400 Max and couldn't be happier. Good hits are just as far as the Rogue good hits, but mediocre or even bad swats are where the Ping really shines.

Bad hits have no business ending up as good as they usually do!

Fun fact: I ordered a Rogue head cover and traded the Rogue before it arrived, so my Ping lives in a Rogue head cover.

YMMV

My exact experience. Had the Epic SZ. Was finally figuring out that club when Callaway contacted me about a deal that they had on trading for the Rogues (or maybe it was the other way around, can’t remember who called who, anyways). Traded for the Rogue. Hated it. Tested the G400 Max. Loved it. Had a buddy of mine on Tour get me a hand crafted 6.5. Tipped it an inch and toduh! Back in the saddle again, unless of course someone on here says that they are hitting some new driver further and straighter then may trade it.

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Tensei 60TX
3 wood: Ping G425 14.5* Tour 75X
Hybrid: Ping G430 19* Kaili 85X
Utility: Srixon ZX 4-21.5* Project X LZ 6.5
Irons: Srixon ZX7 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Gap Wedge: Srixon ZX7 PW bent to 50*
Sand & Lob Wedges: Vokey SM8s - 54/12 D, 58/10 M
Putter: 2014 Scotty Cameron Fastback 20 gram weights

Ball: Titleist Pro VIx Left Dash

I don't know but the new G410 is ugly and looks really closed at address. Hopefully the LST will look better.

Cobra F8 10.5* UST Attas Coool 7S
Cobra F8 5-6 17* Evenflow Blue 75
Cobra F8 Hybrid 19* Smacwrap
Cobra King Utility 22.5* C-Taper Lite
Ping I210 5-UW PX LZ 6.0
Bridgestone XW-1 56* 60* DG Spinner
Odyssey Strokelab Seven S
Chrome Soft
Clicgear 3.5/Cobra King Ultradry

Haha, I knew the answer to your question was get another G400!!! There is something about the tour shaft that is just right. It's the best shaft fit for me that I have ever hit, glad to hear we have another convert. Enjoy the setup :)

Although, I can definitely see a 410 in my future!!!

Hello - so the G400 spins less than the MAX?

Haha, I knew the answer to your question was get another G400!!! There is something about the tour shaft that is just right. It's the best shaft fit for me that I have ever hit, glad to hear we have another convert. Enjoy the setup :)

Although, I can definitely see a 410 in my future!!!

Anyone?

In theory the g400 should spin a touch less than the max. I can tell you the max spins more than the LST, but I haven’t actually hit the G400...

Just by CG and size it should be between the g400lst and the max

Titleist TSR3 - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Rogue LS - 15* - Tour ADXC 7x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - KBS Tour 120 Wedge

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft TruTrack (Winter)
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

Although, I can definitely see a 410 in my future!!! ��

Anyone?

I didn't go with the standard 400 - ended up with the LST. I can't remember the exact spin difference, but it was definitely lower for me than the Max. The LST (for me) was 9-12 yards longer on average, and my best drive with it was nearly 20 yards longer. The results on the course have mirrored my testing.

The Max was as accurate and consistent as anything for me. The LST has been every bit as accurate for me, and longer by a decent amount. I'm a high spin/low launch driver of the ball, and the LST has been awesome.

I also tend to be a high spin driver of the ball, but my SS is 90mph and the LST isnt for me.

This is why I was considering the standard G400. I have the Max but need less spin.

Any thoughts? Thank you

I bought the std G400 and love it. Tried it against the max and far prefer the setup and size of the standard. Hit a few in the monitor at the local Golf Galaxy and had much better dispersion with my standard. Don't recall the spin numbers exactly but I'm pretty sure I was a couple hundred revs less with mine. Tried the LST at the same time with my shaft and it just didn't feel right. As I was taking it apart I realized the tungsten weight had dropped out. Pretty pleased with the numbers on the standard G400 so I'm not dying to have it kicked out of the bag.

Currently trying to find the right shaft. Testing my current KK XT60S against a tour S 65 and a tour R 80 and just ordered a Fujikura 2.0 5S, so pretty much all bases covered. We will see.

TS2 w/ Tensei Pro White.....bombs off the tee

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND