2019 USA Solheim Cup Team Predictions

> @18majors said:

> > @fanofseri said:

> > It looks like Inkster didn't invite J. Song to participate in the Easter Egg hunt or the unicycle ride. Big mistake.

>

> Jennifer will finish her ANA business in Charleston and show the world what she's made of!

That would be poetic justice at its best. I'm not sure how points are tabulated but would a tournament win (major or otherwise) put Jennifer or any other lady on the team based on points?

> @Enduro59 said:

> > @18majors said:

> > > @fanofseri said:

> > > It looks like Inkster didn't invite J. Song to participate in the Easter Egg hunt or the unicycle ride. Big mistake.

> >

> > Jennifer will finish her ANA business in Charleston and show the world what she's made of!

>

> @Enduro59 said:

> > @18majors said:

> > > @fanofseri said:

> > > It looks like Inkster didn't invite J. Song to participate in the Easter Egg hunt or the unicycle ride. Big mistake.

> >

> > Jennifer will finish her ANA business in Charleston and show the world what she's made of!

>

> That would be poetic justice at its best. I'm not sure how points are tabulated but would a tournament win (major or otherwise) put Jennifer or any other lady on the team based on points?

Jennifer is currently No. 17 with 138 Solheim points, a USWO win would move her to 258 points.

Top eight in points are automatically qualified; currently Cristie Kerr is No. 8 with 205 points.

Lizette never actually says she's a Mexican, or > @Seamus_McDuff said:

> Is this the ad in question?

>

> https://www.ispot.tv/ad/I0n8/lpga-drive-on-featuring-lizette-salas#

Yes.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

> @Argonne69 said:

> Lizette never actually says she's a Mexican, or > @Seamus_McDuff said:

> > Is this the ad in question?

> >

> > https://www.ispot.tv/ad/I0n8/lpga-drive-on-featuring-lizette-salas#

>

> Yes.

She says: "...because according to them, Mexicans don't play golf." Mexican is not a race, it is a nationality. That is precisely my issue with the ad, it's misleading. She's American.

But whatever this horse has been beaten dead. I'll stop now, lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This article lists a bunch of people that should have "No" after their name. I hope they take the two people that are playing best this year, regardless of past experience, etc.

Although I'm not sure exactly how you go about, as a lot of people seem to blend together (i.e. I can see how an agenda of experience or youth could help clear things up). Annie Park and Angela Stanford are the two people that have won in 2018-2019 that wouldn't be on the team. Park's 2019 is OK, although not any better than that of a few other choices. Standford has fallen off a cliff - if you had to pick a veteran, there are probably better choices.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/tough-solheim-cup-decisions-looming-us-captain-inkster

> @agolf1 said:

> This article lists a bunch of people that should have "No" after their name. I hope they take the two people that are playing best this year, regardless of past experience, etc.

>

> Although I'm not sure exactly how you go about, as a lot of people seem to blend together (i.e. I can see how an agenda of experience or youth could help clear things up). Annie Park and Angela Stanford are the two people that have won in 2018-2019 that wouldn't be on the team. Park's 2019 is OK, although not any better than that of a few other choices. Standford has fallen off a cliff - if you had to pick a veteran, there are probably better choices.

>

> https://www.golfchannel.com/news/tough-solheim-cup-decisions-looming-us-captain-inkster

Sounds like Juli is looking for that veteran pick..Paula (imo) because she is worried about the incredible Euro talent pool...I can't blame her the Euro`s have a wopping 6 players in the top 50 Rolex rankings...(no offence to them).

Bring on the first timers and let them have their day, good or bad win or lose, choose the girls who DESERVE to be there because of on course performance.

> @ChronicSlicer said:

> > @agolf1 said:

> > This article lists a bunch of people that should have "No" after their name. I hope they take the two people that are playing best this year, regardless of past experience, etc.

> >

> > Although I'm not sure exactly how you go about, as a lot of people seem to blend together (i.e. I can see how an agenda of experience or youth could help clear things up). Annie Park and Angela Stanford are the two people that have won in 2018-2019 that wouldn't be on the team. Park's 2019 is OK, although not any better than that of a few other choices. Standford has fallen off a cliff - if you had to pick a veteran, there are probably better choices.

> >

> > https://www.golfchannel.com/news/tough-solheim-cup-decisions-looming-us-captain-inkster

>

> Sounds like Juli is looking for that veteran pick..Paula (imo) because she is worried about the incredible Euro talent pool...I can't blame her the Euro`s have a wopping 6 players in the top 50 Rolex rankings...(no offence to them).

> Bring on the first timers and let them have their day, good or bad win or lose, choose the girls who DESERVE to be there because of on course performance.

Totally agree. The European team is about as weak as it has been in years. Field a young American team and see where the chips fall. These players are going to be your go to team for the next decade. Give them some experience.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

As a far away Aussie, with no skin in this game, here is my observation about Inkster. Last year she was in the booth commentating one day, and she was talking about the girls act a bit differently around her, especially those on the border-line of captain's picks. Fair enough, except i felt she was getting off on it a little bit too much. It felt very clique'ey to me, classic nepotism, and Juli liked being Queen bee. Hence, Paula Creamer for the Solheim!

> @"Raving Shanker" said:

> As a far away Aussie, with no skin in this game, here is my observation about Inkster. Last year she was in the booth commentating one day, and she was talking about the girls act a bit differently around her, especially those on the border-line of captain's picks. Fair enough, except i felt she was getting off on it a little bit too much. It felt very clique'ey to me, classic nepotism, and Juli liked being Queen bee. Hence, Paula Creamer for the Solheim!

I am in full agreement with you on her getting off on it too much. Seems to me sometimes like she thinks too highly of her captain's skills when as I have stated in another post that most of us on the LPGA forum could have produced a victory as captain considering the mismatch of 2017. She also got a huge gift in Germany when the candy tail Euros mostly went into shrinking violet mode immediately after the gimme Lee crybaby incident. Euro women have been in that mode ever since and will remain there for a long time.

Does anyone know if they stop all the singles matches in Solheim Cup after 14 points have been attained. If so I wouldn't spend good money to pay for a ticket to Sunday's singles matches later this year. If not I guess it might be interesting to see if the U.S. can get 20 points. Maybe 25.

> @Enduro59 said:

> I am in full agreement with you on her getting off on it too much. Seems to me sometimes like she thinks too highly of her captain's skills when as I have stated in another post that most of us on the LPGA forum could have produced a victory as captain considering the mismatch of 2017.

I'm sure a Korean team would test her ability to captain a team. She just might fall off that high horse.

> @ChronicSlicer said:

> > @Enduro59 said:

>

> > I am in full agreement with you on her getting off on it too much. Seems to me sometimes like she thinks too highly of her captain's skills when as I have stated in another post that most of us on the LPGA forum could have produced a victory as captain considering the mismatch of 2017.

>

> I'm sure a Korean team would test her ability to captain a team. She just might fall off that high horse.

If she did fall you can be sure she'd be cussing like a sailor as she hit the ground.

Seriously though,a change is going to have to occur pretty soon to keep people (fans and sponsors) interested. Or maybe not, especially in the USA total and complete domination might cause interest to spike.

> @Enduro59 said:

> > @ChronicSlicer said:

> > > @Enduro59 said:

> >

> > > I am in full agreement with you on her getting off on it too much. Seems to me sometimes like she thinks too highly of her captain's skills when as I have stated in another post that most of us on the LPGA forum could have produced a victory as captain considering the mismatch of 2017.

> >

> > I'm sure a Korean team would test her ability to captain a team. She just might fall off that high horse.

>

> If she did fall you can be sure she'd be cussing like a sailor as she hit the ground.

> Seriously though,a change is going to have to occur pretty soon to keep people (fans and sponsors) interested. Or maybe not, especially in the USA total and complete domination might cause interest to spike.

lol, I can hear her cussing now, followed by a few stiff drinks to ease the sting. I agree with the competition factor, if total domination occurs year after year, wheres the fun in that? I'm also not saying that's going to happen either. Sadly, I don't see much of a rivalry between the US and Europeans, there's nothing really to prove..now bring in a Korean team and sh@t gets real. That would be a blast to watch, especially in Korea.

The International Crown was way more fun to watch than the Solheim. I'd be perfectly fine with getting rid of the Solheim and doing kind of a President's Cup thing. Heck, maybe even just have a free-for-all where there are 8 teams of 6 and have the players choose the teams with seeds as captains? Kind of like a World Cup Group phase? Top 8 players pick their teams from the remaining 42 players within the top 50? I don't know, maybe it's the cold meds talking but that would be a blast to watch.

> @Enduro59 said:

> Seriously though,a change is going to have to occur pretty soon to keep people (fans and sponsors) interested. Or maybe not, especially in the USA total and complete domination might cause interest to spike.

I dunno, Des Moines could hardly have gone better in terms of fan and sponsor support. We'll see how things go in Gleneagles but personally I think the Solheim Cup will remain strong well into the future. There are enough young players on both sides coming up to keep it competitive and I can't speak for the Euro side but American fans love the rivalry -- some of which could be spillover from the Ryder Cup.

Which is not say that I wouldn't LOVE a Korea vs the World president's cup style match with full teams. The UL Crown is a good event but I want deeper teams.

> @postfold said:

> > @Enduro59 said:

> > Seriously though,a change is going to have to occur pretty soon to keep people (fans and sponsors) interested. Or maybe not, especially in the USA total and complete domination might cause interest to spike.

>

> I dunno, Des Moines could hardly have gone better in terms of fan and sponsor support. We'll see how things go in Gleneagles but personally I think the Solheim Cup will remain strong well into the future. There are enough young players on both sides coming up to keep it competitive and I can't speak for the Euro side but American fans love the rivalry -- some of which could be spillover from the Ryder Cup.

>

> Which is not say that I wouldn't LOVE a Korea vs the World president's cup style match with full teams. The UL Crown is a good event but I want deeper teams.

Regarding Des Moines that is what I meant in my last sentence there. It seemed kinda like an Olympic competition fan atmosphere with more than a few casual golf fans. Although I believe the gallery sizes were at least slightly exaggerated I wonder what per cent of the total were locals who came out to support their countries team and it's always much more fun when the slaughterhouse derby favors the home team. Me thinks that the Euro fans this year will have plenty of excuses to get drunk on Friday and Saturday and no reason whatever to show up Sunday.

• 3 weeks later...

> @mallrat said:

> I know it will never happen with Inkster as captain but Jennifer Kupcho might be the most deserving as a captains pick. Plus just coming off of Jr golf she has recent experience in match play. That said she will probably pick Paula and Morgan for their experience

Last Solheim Inkster picked Angel Yin(Stacy Lewis recommendation) and Austin Ernst. Paula was an injury replacement for J. Korda. I think Paula and Morgan still have a lot of work to do. I think Stacy and Christie will be her picks, which are reasonable to me unless Christie falls off a lot more.

At the moment Angel Yin and Annie Park are the last 2 in based on Rolex Rankings. Ally McDonald is sort of the odd woman out.

> @18majors said:

> Beth Ann Nichols pleads for Paula, the forever Queen:

>

> [https://golfweek.com/2019/07/28/golf-a-case-for-creamer-solheim/](https://golfweek.com/2019/07/28/golf-a-case-for-creamer-solheim/ "https://golfweek.com/2019/07/28/golf-a-case-for-creamer-solheim/")

She usually has pretty good stuff but this is a huge swing and miss by Beth Ann on this one.

> @"North Texas" said:

> > @18majors said:

> > Beth Ann Nichols pleads for Paula, the forever Queen:

> >

> > [https://golfweek.com/2019/07/28/golf-a-case-for-creamer-solheim/](https://golfweek.com/2019/07/28/golf-a-case-for-creamer-solheim/ "https://golfweek.com/2019/07/28/golf-a-case-for-creamer-solheim/")

>

> She usually has pretty good stuff but this is a huge swing and miss by Beth Ann on this one.

Ease up on Beth Ann. She's just doing a favor for a friend.

Paula is currently ranked 151st in the world. She's 76th in CME points (26th among American players). She's 109th in scoring average (37th among American players). She's 34th in Solheim points.

For the love of all things holy, why is this even a discussion? There are literally dozens of young American players who have more game than she does, and are worth a serious look.

> @Argonne69 said:

> Paula is currently ranked 151st in the world. She's 76th in CME points (26th among American players). She's 109th in scoring average (37th among American players). She's 34th in Solheim points.

>

> For the love of all things holy, why is this even a discussion? There are literally dozens of young American players who have more game than she does, and are worth a serious look.

If Inkster picks Paula, she should never captain a Solheim Cup team ever again. No, forget that. If she merely considers her, she should never captain a team again.

^Ha! Paula could play as kind of a fair play handicap and the US still has to be heavy heavy faves ;-)

I don't think the Euro team has 12 players in the Rolex Top 100, they really really are in tough position.

Like the US men in the Presidents Cup, if there is any choice between new and ~~old~~ experienced they should pick kids. Especially with recent college players who have played lots of match play and team golf.

I'll be rooting for yellow and blue, but I really don't like their chances.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

> @duffer987 said:

> ^Ha! Paula could play as kind of a fair play handicap and the US still has to be heavy heavy faves ;-)

> I don't think the Euro team has 12 players in the Rolex Top 100, they really really are in tough position.

> Like the US men in the Presidents Cup, if there is any choice between new and ~~old~~ experienced they should pick kids. Especially with recent college players who have played lots of match play and team golf.

>

> I'll be rooting for yellow and blue, but I really don't like their chances.

Looks like it's just gonna get worse and worser for the fans of the blue and yellow at least on the women's side. As I stated in an earlier post Juli could pick any random American in the top 400 and the U.S. would still win the cup handily, so why wouldn't she pick as many old pals as she wants. I don't think many casual fans are aware of the huge mismatches the Solheim Cup has become therefore they believe that Inkster is Dick Tracy, King Kong, and Wonder Woman all in one when it comes to coaching golf.

> @Enduro59 said:

> > @duffer987 said:

> > ^Ha! Paula could play as kind of a fair play handicap and the US still has to be heavy heavy faves ;-)

> > I don't think the Euro team has 12 players in the Rolex Top 100, they really really are in tough position.

> > Like the US men in the Presidents Cup, if there is any choice between new and ~~old~~ experienced they should pick kids. Especially with recent college players who have played lots of match play and team golf.

> >

> > I'll be rooting for yellow and blue, but I really don't like their chances.

>

> Looks like it's just gonna get worse and worser for the fans of the blue and yellow at least on the women's side. As I stated in an earlier post Juli could pick any random American in the top 400 and the U.S. would still win the cup handily, so why wouldn't she pick as many old pals as she wants. I don't think many casual fans are aware of the huge mismatches the Solheim Cup has become therefore they believe that Inkster is Dick Tracy, King Kong, and Wonder Woman all in one when it comes to coaching golf.

2013 does seem ever so long ago now. Nordqvist, Hull and Ciganda really are the only ones out of that side to push on. But maybe it's down a 3/4 year cycle and things will pick up. Surely my ignorance of the ladies game means I'm not aware of potential up and comers beyond say Leona Maguire and some others will continue to improve and help make it more of a contest come 2021.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I can't be the only one in this forum that thinks this may not be a slam dunk for the U.S. squad. For that reason, and although I hate to give Juli a reason, I could see a benefit in picking Paula as the 1st alternate.

Europe's won this 5 times. Four of the five were in Europe. I don't know how some players on the US team will react to a large adversarial crowd.

Christie Kerr isn't playing that well, so will the duo of she an Lexi be much less formidable?

Azahara and Carlota have played very well this season.

Bronte vs Danielle Kang, who would you pick?

I might pick Celine Boutier to win vs. Megan Kang or Marina Alex.

• Like 1

All kinds of ways to look at this.

It's 10-5 all time in favor of US.

It's 5-2 US in the last 7.

It's 2-1 US in the last 3 played in Europe.

It's 4-3 Europe all time when played in Europe.

It's 2-2 this decade.

That said, there's only 2 ways Europe wins this year. An extraordinary effort on their part or the US playing like crap.