2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

2019 Taylormade Spider X

Mabyboi

Is every model coming to retail going to have a skinny black alignment line inside the wide white one? I was hoping they would just have the thick white line.....

2 versions, each available in copper and navy: (1) large white alignment aid with single black alignment line; and (2) solid color with single alignment line with white paintfill.

The copper with large white alignment aid will also come in a single bend, face balanced version.

Chris Trott on IG said that the embargo is being lifted tomorrow and that there will be a lot of content being shared behind the story of the new TaylorMade putters. It'll be interesting to learn more about the background for the change in shape, colors, etc.

Driver: Titleist TSR2

Fairways: TaylorMade M1 (2017) Aldila Black; Cobra Baffler F6

Irons: Cobra KING Forged Tec Irons Steelfiber i110cw

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 54*; Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Versa 3T

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

Is it worrisome to anyone else on here that the only person from TM putting this in play is Rory? Doesn’t seem to be catching on with the rest of their pros

You're joking, right? No one asks if it's worrisome that Odyssey and Scotty guys haven't put new putters in the bag after only 4 weeks of being available, so why is it a thing for this new putter? When have players ever rushed to replace old putters with a new model at the start of the year? Drivers, yes. Putters, no.

But if you really want to go down this line of thinking, here are my thoughts:

• DJ will play it at some point. It's a given with the way he switches putters.
  • Day led the PGA Tour in SG Putting in 2016 and was second in 2018. Why would he switch?
  • I think we'll see Rahm using one sooner rather than later.
  • Tiger...hahaha. But I'd love to see him use it.

I always find it funny that TM gets all of the hate. Not a lot of Odyssey guys, and definitely no SC guys, use the newest offerings (or even versions that are available at retail). I'd be surprised to see any SC guys use one of the new "Phantom X" putters, those things are hideous. I've always appreciated that at least with TM (minus DJ's TP without an insert) the majority of pros using their putters are using a version similar if not the same as the retail versions. And don't argue that if I wanted to spend $$$ I could have a SC Tour Only putter too.

While I agree with some of your post and I agree the new SC Phantom mallets are unfortunate to look at, JT switched and is using the X5 that looks to be just like the upcoming retail version.

I knew I'd get caught with that blanket statement. I totally was going was going to mention the Phantom X5 being the only decent looking one. Still more excited to see the Spider Xs in person.

STEALTH 2 Tour AD DI 6X //  SIM Oban Devotion 65-04 //  699 v2 MMT105s //  JB Full Groove MMT105w //  TOULON ATLANTA //  Vice Pro+

Is it worrisome to anyone else on here that the only person from TM putting this in play is Rory? Doesn’t seem to be catching on with the rest of their pros

You're joking, right? No one asks if it's worrisome that Odyssey and Scotty guys haven't put new putters in the bag after only 4 weeks of being available, so why is it a thing for this new putter? When have players ever rushed to replace old putters with a new model at the start of the year? Drivers, yes. Putters, no.

• Day led the PGA Tour in SG Putting in 2016 and was second in 2018. Why would he switch?

I always find it funny that TM gets all of the hate. Not a lot of Odyssey guys, and definitely no SC guys, use the newest offerings (or even versions that are available at retail). I'd be surprised to see any SC guys use one of the new "Phantom X" putters, those things are hideous. I've always appreciated that at least with TM (minus DJ's TP without an insert) the majority of pros using their putters are using a version similar if not the same as the retail versions. And don't argue that if I wanted to spend $$$ I could have a SC Tour Only putter too.

Plenty of O-Works use on tour. It's only shunned on Golfwrx. Around here, if Phil isn't using it, it's a failure.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-)
PING G430 hybrid 22°, 26° (F-)
Irons tbd
PING s159 53W, 58B
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour yellow

Plenty of O-Works use on tour. It's only shunned on Golfwrx. Around here, if Phil isn't using it, it's a failure.

O-Works is old technology though. Based on the expectations of the people here it’d be comparable to very few tour players with the new Stroke Lab putter in the bag = must not be a good sign for Odyssey.

Is every model coming to retail going to have a skinny black alignment line inside the wide white one? I was hoping they would just have the thick white line.....

2 versions, each available in copper and navy: (1) large white alignment aid with single black alignment line; and (2) solid color with single alignment line with white paintfill.

The copper with large white alignment aid will also come in a single bend, face balanced version.

Thank you! So, if I'm understanding you correctly, both have a line....(1) black alignment line and (2) white alignment line. I suppose I could just paint over the white alignment line.

BUMMER!

Chris Trott on IG said that the embargo is being lifted tomorrow and that there will be a lot of content being shared behind the story of the new TaylorMade putters. It'll be interesting to learn more about the background for the change in shape, colors, etc.

My guess is they did some studies about what colors were pleasing to the eyes/psychologically beneficial or contrasted best with a ball/green. I remember reading some stuff about this a few years back.... Certain colors are more likely to stimulate the brain in different ways and could lead to reading a putt better. Might be hocus pocus, but, my guess that's it. I'm not saying I believe it; just that it'll explain the blue and gold....

O-Works is old technology though. Based on the expectations of the people here it’d be comparable to very few tour players with the new Stroke Lab putter in the bag = must not be a good sign for Odyssey.

Half the putters I’ve seen lately are stroke lab. Or at least that shaft.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Stroke Lab putter has a victory on the Euro Tour already.

Not the point. Is every player on the Odyssey staff using the Stroke Lab putter?

Well then I don’t get your point. Do you want 100% conversion?

When the Spider Tour came to retail many TM and non TM staff gamed the putters on the heels of J Day’s success. Now with the new sleeker refined version they have one convert.

Scotty has new mallet putters that are being tried and gamed. Never to be as successful as his blades.

Odyssey has new stroke lab putters and Danny Willet wins with a new Tuttle putter.

If Rory wins, it will be a success, but after the monumental success they had with the Spider Tour, this introduction to the Tour has been a bit lackluster. That’s all. That’s the point. Nothing more.

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

Not the point. Is every player on the Odyssey staff using the Stroke Lab putter?

When the Spider Tour came to retail many TM and non TM staff gamed the putters on the heels of J Day’s success. Now with the new sleeker refined version they have one convert.

Scotty has new mallet putters that are being tried and gamed. Never to be as successful as his blades.

Odyssey has new stroke lab putters and Danny Willet wins with a new Tuttle putter.

If Rory wins, it will be a success, but after the monumental success they had with the Spider Tour, this introduction to the Tour has been a bit lackluster. That’s all. That’s the point. Nothing more.

That’s the point I was making. Not exactly a big fanfare when your most notorious spider users still game the old one. I’m sure they’ll switch in time, but for now the only prominent player is Rory and he isn’t exactly good for putter sales....

As for advertising and money, all I constantly hear about is how titleist is promising everyone more speed and the epic flash is the best driver ever when I’m watching the golf or reading a golf magazine. I just don’t get the hate for some companies like taylormade and scotty. If a club works for me, I wouldn’t care if it was made by titleist or Dunlop!

Titleist TSR2 10 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 Ping tour shaft.
Titleist TS3 hybrid 21 Hzrdus smoke
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Titleist Pro V1

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

Blue slant neck for me.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

And your point is where we can agree to disagree. When Day first used the red Spider most of the TM haters on this very site said look at this cheap plastic looking putter. Then it became so “monumentally successful” as you put it, that multiple companies have tried to copy it.

All I’m trying to say is that the embargo has only been lifted today for info of the product to be made available to the public and their staffers have just recently gotten their hands on it themselves. Being the most personal/sentimental club in the bag, they’re just gonna need some practice time with it and you’ll start seeing more on tour. Not like the M5’s that they tweak and go.

Look I get it though, people just love to hate on TaylorMade on this site no matter what they bring to the table. I for one, do not.

Now on TM website...

What's In Today's Bag.... 
TaylorMade Qi10 10.5° (@9.5°) Fujikura Ventus Black 6
TaylorMade Qi10 15° Graphite Design Tour AD XC 7

TaylorMade Qi10 18° Graphite Design Tour AD XC 8  or  TaylorMade Stealth 2 Rescue 19° Graphite Design Tour AD IZ Hybrid 85 
Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-iron Recoil 95  or  TaylorMade Stealth 2 Rescue 22° Graphite Design Tour AD IZ Hybrid 95
Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-PW KBS Tour V
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F KBS Tour V / 54.10S KBS 610 / 58.04T 
TaylorMade Spider X Hydroblast #3

Blue slant neck for me.

I find the long sight line way too distracting. I wish they offered these with no sight line like the last line of Spider Tours.

PING G430 Max 10.5* Project X Hazrdus Smoke Red RDX 50

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

Titleist T200 5i True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist T150 6i-GW True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist SM9 Vokey 52, 56, 60 Dynamic Gold S300

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

No Navy singled bend? Disappointing.

100% agree...

What's In Today's Bag.... 
TaylorMade Qi10 10.5° (@9.5°) Fujikura Ventus Black 6
TaylorMade Qi10 15° Graphite Design Tour AD XC 7

TaylorMade Qi10 18° Graphite Design Tour AD XC 8  or  TaylorMade Stealth 2 Rescue 19° Graphite Design Tour AD IZ Hybrid 85 
Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-iron Recoil 95  or  TaylorMade Stealth 2 Rescue 22° Graphite Design Tour AD IZ Hybrid 95
Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-PW KBS Tour V
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F KBS Tour V / 54.10S KBS 610 / 58.04T 
TaylorMade Spider X Hydroblast #3

I see some websites are showing preorder now with delivery for mid Feb. Anyone got an actual date? Wouldn’t mind a go with one now I know you can get them without the big white block on.

Titleist TSR2 10 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 Ping tour shaft.
Titleist TS3 hybrid 21 Hzrdus smoke
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Titleist Pro V1

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]