Scotty Cameron Prototype Mallet Pics

i can see he's still pushing forward with the short bend neck and calling it "flow", which is bullxxxx.

Nobody liked the 5.5m, because of its closed bar design, and everyone called for a flow neck 5w. So what does he do, he fills the whole damn thing in with aluminum.

These putters are just the footprint of 5w and 7m and 5.5m with all filled in aluminum. Joke show.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cameron seems to have lost it.....

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 UST Proforce V2 8F5
Taylormade Gapr low 2 
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

I'd be curious to go back and look at the Taylormade Tour Spider thread when the first images went public. I think once could argue that putter changed the game. I've always been a newport/monterey guy, but I love the Tour Spider and I can't find anything that makes more putts. It took a lot to get used to looking at, but now its pure confidence. That said, the quality of the materials and how its manufactured leave a lot to be desired. Say what you want about Cameron, the quality and attention to detail are never compromised... whether you like the styling or not.

Now back to the regularly scheduled Cameron bashing!

I'd be curious to go back and look at the Taylormade Tour Spider thread when the first images went public. I think once could argue that putter changed the game. I've always been a newport/monterey guy, but I love the Tour Spider and I can't find anything that makes more putts. It took a lot to get used to looking at, but now its pure confidence. That said, the quality of the materials and how its manufactured leave a lot to be desired. Say what you want about Cameron, the quality and attention to detail are never compromised... whether you like the styling or not.

Taylormade was the first to offer that style.... They offered a slant neck (and then plumber neck later), which played a huge part in it's popularity.

Scotty does a bad knock off and in the cheap typical bend neck option only.

The Futura line was always fun because Scotty would explore new ideas. The Futura X was crazy ugly and I loved it. But he's continuing to come out with double or single bend shafts to avoid producing plumber and slant necks and alum/SS combination heads when very clearly the market wants neck options and single material heads.

The Toulon Las Vegas is calling my name. That's a knock off I can stand behind.

Truly find these to be ugly as sin, and I'm a completely unashamed Scotty fanboy. That said, I am VERY excited about the lack of insert in these putters, maybe the blades will follow suit?

The insert is there... it’s the whole face, then goes over the top for extra fugliness and cheapness.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

I used to be all in on Scotty. Circle T putters, bag, logo golf balls, divot tools, etc but then I woke up and thought how much money have I spent on “stuff” just because it had CT on it. Doesn’t make a ton of sense. No disrespect to any fan or collector. For me I didn’t see the point to pay 10x for product that wasn’t superior to other OEMs.

I love scotty putters generally but these are gross

Titleist TS3 8.5 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70TX

Titleist TS3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5

Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90X

Titleist T200 4 - Project X 6.5

Titleist T100 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Vokey SM8 Jet Black 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

Looks a lot like the old Yes! true Alignment putters.

haha was about to post the same! hideous

Driver: G400 Max - Xtorsion
FW: G400 Diamana D+ TX
TM P790 UDI - KBS Proto X
Titleist 718 CB - Accra 125i 
Vokey SM7 50/54/58 Accra 125i
Toulon Vegas Stroke Lab

to be fair to Scotty, his best designs are remixes. Give him a putter design will potential and he will turn it into the best looking version of itself. Give him a blank piece of paper and a pen, and, well, he has not produced much to write home about.

Truly find these to be ugly as sin, and I'm a completely unashamed Scotty fanboy. That said, I am VERY excited about the lack of insert in these putters, maybe the blades will follow suit?

The insert is there... it’s the whole face, then goes over the top for extra fugliness and cheapness.

Haha, brilliant!!!! While anyone else is doing a milled piece of metal Scotty is going the other way and just making his putters completely out of insert now!! I think he has been misunderstanding the calls from the wild here.... go back the other way Scotty!!!

Ping G410 LST 9* Aldila Tour blue 65s

Titleist 917f2 16.5* Aldila Rogue silver 70s

Titleist 915h 21* Aldila Rogue black 85s

Ben Hogan Icon black 4-P S300

Titleist Vokey SM6 52/12, 58/12

Ping Anser Milled 2 

to be fair to Scotty, his best designs are remixes. Give him a putter design will potential and he will turn it into the best looking version of itself. Give him a blank piece of paper and a pen, and, well, he has not produced much to write home about.

Other than the wonderful Futura. Bask in its magnificence!

I was also going to mention the Detour, but I can’t bring myself to say that a Newport with a bit of metal sticking out of it was an original design.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Titleist needs to hire a new putter guy NOW. This old man is done...

Titleist really screwed up keeping Vokey/Dill and letting JP walk and I'm afraid the are doing the same here. Put a fork in Scotty and Titleist unless they get some young ideas in there.

You're an idiot.

Driver: TaylorMade M3, 10.5*
Fairway: Adams Fast 10, 15*
Hybrid: Adams Idea Tech A4, 19*
5-GW: Titleist 718 AP1, 24*-48*
SW: Ping Glide ES, 56*
Putter: Ping Classic Stainless Steel Anser 2
Ball: Srixon Z-Star
Bag: Ping Mascot

Agreed! You want a high quality mid to high MOI mallet here’s your chance. Looks one heck of a lot nicer than the same category from Odyssey or TM in my humble opinion.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Agreed! You want a high quality mid to high MOI mallet here's your chance. Looks one heck of a lot nicer than the same category from Odyssey or TM in my humble opinion.

I don't understand all the vitriol about these putters or Scotty Cameron in general. Almost any product anywhere has been copied to some degree. Is there a segment of the population who hates any car maker who designed and built a four door model except for whomever did it first? Do people hate paper towel companies that came after whomever did it first? The size and shape of these mallets look great to me. I like the black. The quality of the craftsmanship will be superior to the Spiders in every way. I can't and won't defend the price of his putters, or the Toulons that are over $400, but I do know that no one is forced to buy them.

If you're looking for a mallet with high moi there are a ton of them a hell of a lot better looking than these things.

Titleist TS2
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
Ping Anser 20,23,27 Hybrids
Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
Ping Glide 3.0 50*
Ping Glide 54* WS
, 58*ES

Bettenardi Queen B 6

I love the look of a good traditional putter so I was going to say that Scotty finally jumped the shark but he's jumped it about 10 times and just keeps on coming back and dominating.

It just proves that if you stamp Scotty Cameron on a hunk of ugly metal people will line up to pay $400 for it.