Scotty Cameron Prototype Mallet Pics

These are not as bad as people are making them out to be.

That's an awesome marketing slogan. These aren't as bad as everyone says they are. :)

Every putter company has very ugly high MOI mallets. Its nothing new and most are not much better looking than these. Look at the shapes of some of the Ping mallets or the original JDay Spider. People are complaining about green lines on this putter, that thing was red, no alignment, and sat closed but people loved it. The fact that its Cameron and people have a Mob Mentality is really what is going on here.

True scratch. But those other ugly mallets are selling for a few hundred bucks, not thousands.

Titleist TS2
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
Ping Anser 20,23,27 Hybrids
Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
Ping Glide 3.0 50*
Ping Glide 54* WS
, 58*ES

Bettenardi Queen B 6

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are not as bad as people are making them out to be.

That's an awesome marketing slogan. These aren't as bad as everyone says they are. :)

Every putter company has very ugly high MOI mallets. It’s nothing new and most are not much better looking than these. Look at the shapes of some of the Ping mallets or the original JDay Spider. People are complaining about green lines on this putter, that thing was red, no alignment, and sat closed but people loved it. The fact that it’s Cameron and people have a Mob Mentality is really what is going on here.

Thats exactly it, has anyone noticed the move away from blades on Tour? They hate change! And I promise they love traditional styles more than us but the BEST players on the planet realize they can make more putts with higher MOI, or ie. resistance to twisting. This is the one time when THEY do better I damn sure will too...

This is nothing more than a blade v shovel debate, I get it

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I've never gotten any better results with a mallet than a blade. If I'm putting well I'm putting well no matter what I'm playing.

Titleist TS2
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
Ping Glide 3.0 50*
Ping Glide 54* WS
, 58*ES

Bettenardi Queen B 6

I've never gotten any better results with a mallet than a blade. If I'm putting well I'm putting well no matter what I'm playing.

Then you haven’t found the right neck/flow combination. Or you haven’t experimented with different lies/lofts/grips, lengths etc etc etc etc....My point the Pro’s have and it’s showing in the number of players converting yearly. Most folks like us don’t have access to putter labs so we can’t “see” the hard data.

I’ve been playing for 40yrs and a putter that looks like a frying pan can’t possibly be right!

Personally, I’ve went down this path and I’m over it like a bad marriage. I just want the easiest path to hole and make more putts! I’ve embraced the ugly and she treats me right! Fat putters rule.

I'm just going to leave this here for you to all digest. This sums up the cult following of Cameron very well.

Cringe.

I will say that the main reason these new Cameron mallets don't look good is the yellow paint. But who knows, maybe they did that just to get attention.

Then you haven't found the right neck/flow combination. Or you haven't experimented with different lies/lofts/grips, lengths etc etc etc etc....

Sorry Ben, you would be wrong on all counts.

Titleist TS2
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
Ping Glide 3.0 50*
Ping Glide 54* WS
, 58*ES

Bettenardi Queen B 6

brother of the old Rife Vault 001 series

ex:

RIFE25-2.jpg

[color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2][i]TM [/i][/size][/font][/b][/color][color=#ff0000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2][i]M1 10.5 [/i][/size][/font][/b][/color]
[color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2][i]Cobra[/i][/size][/font][/b][/color][color=#ff0000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2][i] F9 3/4[/i][/size][/font][/b][/color]
[color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2][i]Cobra [/i][/size][/font][/b][/color][color=#ff0000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2][i]F9 5/6[/i][/size][/font][/b][/color]
[color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2][i]Cobra[/i][/size][/font][/b][/color][color=#ff0000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2][i] AMP Cell 4/5h[/i][/size][/font][/b][/color]
[color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2][i]Cleveland[/i][/size][/font][/b][/color][color=#ff0000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2][i] CG16 5-PW[/i][/size][/font][/b][/color]
[color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2][i]Grindworks[/i][/size][/font][/b][/color][color=#ff0000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2][i] 86 Series - 50* and 56*[/i][/size][/font][/b][/color]
[color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2][i]Sunset Beach[/i][/size][/font][/b][/color][color=#ff0000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2][i] 60*[/i][/size][/font][/b][/color]
[b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2][i][color=#0000cd]TM[/color] [color=#ff0000]Chaska (silver)[/color] [color=#000080]/[/color] [color=#0000cd] Lajosi [/color][color=#ff0000]mid-mallet prototype[/color][/i][/size][/font][/b]

Hey Scotty, ignore 99% of the comments. Send one each my way and I will try it out and give you a full review. 360g in 33.5" RH. Thanks.

Wk

Mizuno ST200G Diamana Blue D+ 60s
Mizuno 3Wood ST200 TS 15* Diamana White D+ 70s
Mizuno 5Wood ST3200 18* Diamana White D+ 70s
Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW NS PRO MOD3 Stiff
Mizuno T20 50* Raw,54* Raw, 58* Raw NS PRO Wedge 115
Mizuno M-Craft II 33"
Mizuno RS Tour

Nah I tend to keep all the Scottys I have.

Mizuno ST200G Diamana Blue D+ 60s
Mizuno 3Wood ST200 TS 15* Diamana White D+ 70s
Mizuno 5Wood ST3200 18* Diamana White D+ 70s
Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW NS PRO MOD3 Stiff
Mizuno T20 50* Raw,54* Raw, 58* Raw NS PRO Wedge 115
Mizuno M-Craft II 33"
Mizuno RS Tour

Its quite unusual for a putter to be better looking from the bottom.

And who decided on the alignment line colour??

DRIVER: Taylormade Sim Max 9*

3 WOOD: Taylormade Sim TI 15*

HYBRIDS: Adams Pro DHY 18/21/24*

IRONS: Macgregor MT Pro C/M Black 5 - PW

WEDGES: Titleist SM7 Raw 54/58*

PUTTER: Taylormade Dupage

BALL: Taylormade TP5x

My order when these hit retail;

T-12 Winged putter

Top line in the center instead of dots like my Futura 5M/7M

33 inch length

20G weights

Black Chrome shaft

Blacked Out Pistolini grip

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 5-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten 

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

I’m trying to figure out why the weights are so far forward. Seems a little odd. Granted it’s a simple fix but I would agree with most the yellow doesn’t look right.

I appear to be in the extreme minority, if this thread is a measure, but I like the head shapes. I am not fond of the neon paint fill, and wouldn’t foot the bill for one, but aesthetically I don’t have an issue.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

JT used one in the first round in Hawaii yesterday by the look of things.

The head shapes don't bother me and frankly anyone saying that these Scotty's are any worse looking than the majority of mallets coming on the market from Taylor Made, Odyssey, PING are simply bashing Scotty because he is Scotty.

If you are complaining about the colour combination however, you are completely correct, the colour is awful!

Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist T100 4-PW Stiff Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019