Scotty Cameron Prototype Mallet Pics

The new pics actually don't look that terrible. I'm not a fan of the yellow sightlines but other than that they aren't as awful as I first thought. Let's face it. All OEMs have some pretty "different" designs. Bettinardi Inovai models, Ping Ketsch, Sidney, Odyssey Sabretooth, 2Ball F7, TM Daddy Long Legs, Spider, just to name a few. Then look at all OEMs and they all make traditional blades as well and all very similar to each other across the OEMs.

These designs deserve some slack from the Cameron haters and will get plenty of love from his supporters. For me, I'm on the fence and back to the fundamental idea of playing whatever makes me better.

Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Red 5R
Mizuno CLK 16* Fujikura Speeder 75
Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder 75
Callaway Rogue 4-AW TT XP95 R300
Callaway MD4 54/12 W Grind
Callaway MD4 58/12 W Grind
Bettinardi 2020 Innovai 6.0 Crescent Neck
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone, and I mean everyone said this crap about the 2ball and it was one of the best selling putters ever.

Spider had a similar reaction, then DJ won a few and “it’s the best putter ever made!!!!”

I’m just glad that everybody realizes that the one putter fits all is a pipe dream.

Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 9º, Fujikura Motore F1 6X
Titleist 917 F3, 13.5°, 4th Gen. Diamana White 80X
Titleist 816 H2, 19°, 3rd Gen. Diamana White h-90X
Avian 535 3 iron, OBAN CT125X
Avian 335 blades, 4-PW (50º PW), OBAN CT-125X flighted
Avian SW 54º, Shimada Tour S
Titleist Vokey, CC 60.04, T Grind, Tour Issue DG S400

Original 2Ball White Hot, triple track mod 36"

Instagram

Everyone, and I mean everyone said this crap about the 2ball and it was one of the best selling putters ever.

Spider had a similar reaction, then DJ won a few and “it’s the best putter ever made!!!!”

I’m just glad that everybody realizes that the one putter fits all is a pipe dream.

Add in the fact that this is about Scotty Cameron and here ya go.

Although this is pretty much how every new release of his goes. He’s jumped the shark, lost it, best days are behind him, he’s done, Xerox strikes again, why no carbon, doesn’t care about retail...

Same ol same ol. If an ugly mallet line signals the beginning of the end for putter makers they’re would be too many left. He’ll be ok.

Yes, but they weren't selling their ugly putters for 1000's of dollars or whatever Circle T's sell for nowadays.

Titleist TS2
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
Ping Anser 20,23,27 Hybrids
Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
Ping Glide 3.0 50*
Ping Glide 54* WS
, 58*ES

Bettinardi Queen B 6

Yes, but they weren't selling their ugly putters for 1000's of dollars or whatever Circle T's sell for nowadays.

If they could get thousands of dollars you better believe they would. A Spider or 2 Ball isn't priced lower than a Circle T because TM or Callaway is being nice.

Cameron gets that price because PEOPLE ACTUALLY PAY thousands of dollars for stuff with his name on it. Blows my mind what people actually pay for Cameron tour putters.

• 1 month later...

Cameron gets that price because PEOPLE ACTUALLY PAY thousands of dollars for stuff with his name on it. Blows my mind what people actually pay for Cameron tour putters.

Cameron creates that demand by NOT offering to retail the stuff the guys on tour are using - i.e. fully milled SS or Carbon heads with minimal branding.

Until Toulon/Odyssey there haven't been many options for these high quality fully milled tour validated heads available to retail. I think 2019 Toulon line is going to dramatically eat into Cameron sales. Toulon is actually giving golfers what they are asking for. Long term, Toulon/Odyssey partnership could lead Cameron back to designing "no gimmick" putters as Acushnet isn't going to watch their market share walk away.

I don't know how they aren't already eating into Cameron's share... All I see on the course for the most part, are Odysseys. I couldn't get on the bandwagon for a long time but then I had to stop and ask why I would pay so much for another putter when an Odyssey can do the same thing, look good, and feel good... for less than $100. I think it's great that there are people out there who can drop a lot of coin on a Cameron, just because it is a Cameron, but it just seems really silly to me, and these new mallets are awful. I would have to agree with the flow neck 5... they would sell so many of those. I don't understand why he doesn't go back to basics and really offer what people want (regular people, who can't drop $5000 on a putter) instead of force-feeding us something that looks like a boy scout race car on a stick.

Taylormade M2 '17 Aldila Rogue black 60s

Titleist 917f2 16.5* Aldila Rogue silver 70s

Titleist 915h 21* Aldila Rogue black 85s

Ben Hogan Icon 4-P S300

Titleist Vokey SM6 52/12, 58/12

Ping Anser Milled 2 

Tried one of these prototype mallets earlier today, after the first roll I was hooked, my garage door opened out of nowhere and my tv ended up recording the entire cooking network show programming from last Tuesday. Also ended up getting stuck in 1983, send help. This isn’t a putter.