To what extent should driver shaft match fairway woods/hybrid shafts?

I have several drivers, G400 Max, G400, M2, G30, 915D2, (planning a clear-out when I solve my problem) and have had several driver fittings. The outdoor fittings work well with the last resulting in me purchasing a G400 Max with Alta 55S shaft. Great club. When the swing is good it is the longest, straightest and most forgiving... but when I'm hitting it well my fairway woods seem to be a bit off. On the other hand when I am hitting the woods/hybrid well it seems my driver is off. I'm trying to get both working together. (Senior golfer, h/c 12, SS: sub 90)

I use and like 915F 3 and 5 woods that have stiff 70g Diamana S+ shafts and 913h hybrid with stiff 82g Diamana S+ shaft. My budget does not extend to replacing the lot apart from the fact that I like my woods/hybrid.

Can it be that the kick point between shafts is different and that it is the problem ?

To what extent should driver shaft match fairway woods/hybrid shafts and what do most golfers interested in such things or fitters think?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no rule about driver, fairway, or hybrid shafts matching each other. It's all about what works for you and that could vary from one club to the other... I haven't had matching shafts in my driver and 3 wood since I played DG S300 in both.

Ping G400 LST, 8.5*, Speeder VC 7.2 Tour Spec X
Titleist 915 Fd, 14.25*, Speeder VC 8.2 Tour Spec X
Titleist 818 H2 17*, Speeder VC 8.8 HB Tour Spec S
 Mizuno MP H5, 3 iron, C Taper Lite X
Mizuno MP 25, 4&5 iron, DG X100 SSx1
Mizuno MP 5, 6-PW, DG X100 SSx1
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled CC, 53* & 58* (DG S300)
Piretti Potenza II Rev 2.0, 375g, 34"
Srixon Z Star / Z Star XV

There's no rule about driver, fairway, or hybrid shafts matching each other. It's all about what works for you and that could vary from one club to the other... I haven't had matching shafts in my driver and 3 wood since I played DG S300 in both.

This ^

There is no hard and fast rule, however, Accra does have a solution with their FX line of shafts.

Ping G410+ 9/Accra FX270
Ping Rapture 2014/Accra FX370
Ping G SFT 3&5/Accra DyMatch 2.0 MTF
Srixon z565 4 & z765 5-P/Accra iCWT 95
Ping Glide Stealth 50SS & 54ES/Accra Tour 100i
Evnroll ER2B