Interesting development - $3000 pay to caddy from a $1.3 million winners check? (MOD EDIT - NO POLIT

It really sucks to put the cheapo cart before the horse. Kutcher is in a no win situation. Thankfully most humans have the attention span of a gnat.

Kuchar is not the first to use a local caddie in Mayakoba and win a decent amount of money. He is the first one to be rumored to stiff his caddie.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really sucks to put the cheapo cart before the horse. Kutcher is in a no win situation. Thankfully most humans have the attention span of a gnat.

Kuchar is not the first to use a local caddie in Mayakoba and win a decent amount of money. He is the first one to be rumored to stiff his caddie.

Dude,, rumored. Why the F" run with that and try to smear Kutcher?

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

It's a message board. We talk about rumors all the time here. Gillis started this thing and he's been right when it came to Tour players stiffing others over money before.

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Americans who aren't unconscionably cheap typically tip 15% to 20% for service. We know the generally discussed rate for caddies is 10% on tour.

If you go to Bandon Dunes, you're typically paying $125 a day for a caddie for 18. $250 for 36. Just for fun and enjoyment, or so called local knowledge.

Elsewhere you can easily pay more or less. Sand Hills I doubled the rate of my caddie because the kid worked hard for our group. I shot 68 and the other guys shot 100+. He was all over the place offering help and finding balls.

You base it how people make their livings and what your expectations typically are. If this is true and Kuchar stiffed the guy, he deserves condemnation not only from the fans but from the PGA Offices.

I know PGA Professionals who have paid local caddies more for making the PGA from the PNC.

Epic SZ 9* Speeder 665
816 Alpha 14* Tensei Pro Blue
Titleist T-MB 3 - PW KBS C-Taper
Vokey SM6 Raw 50*F & 55*M, Low Bounce K 59*
Scotty Cameron Newport Buttonback

It's a message board. We talk about rumors all the time here. Gillis started this thing and he's been right when it came to Tour players stiffing others over money before.

Meh,, lame excuse to justify the continued generation of it.. I just see this differently than the Yips or equipment change rumors...

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

Gossipy sewing circle is a bad look for grown Word not allowed men.

I agree with Robin, Tron looks like a 12 year old girl.

Toucan's compensation is between he and Kuch. If he didn't want to work for the agreed upon rate, guess what? He could have said, no thanks. You want 10% get it in writing. Mexico may be a different country but the rules of business are the same.

Just because the guy's a Mexican caddie doesn't make it any different. He's better paid as a Mayakoba caddie than a doctor in a nearby village. Golfers, 'Mericans, Tweeters - get over yourselves.

Can’t believe how tired I am of Twitter rumors and big mouths who don’t have the backbone, or anything else, to name names. Call someone out by name or shut up. Having been a 12 year old girl at one point, I can tell you it had a lot in common with Twitter.

I’d love to shake your hand. What a post !

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Can’t believe how tired I am of Twitter rumors and big mouths who don’t have the backbone, or anything else, to name names. Call someone out by name or shut up. Having been a 12 year old girl at one point, I can tell you it had a lot in common with Twitter.

There are more than a few 12 year old "girls" in this thread as well.

Everyone on Twitter is naming names. Plenty of people are naming Kuch as a cheapskate.

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Hopefully not true... if it is I'll never root for Kooch again

Agree I feel less sorry that savage Jordan crushed his dreams at the open in 17 now if this is true. Lol

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Everyone on Twitter is naming names. Plenty of people are naming Kuch as a cheapskate.

I don’t think they were yet when she posted that. Yes I see they are now though. Lots of smoke. But In general Twitter is full of twits.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Americans who aren't unconscionably cheap typically tip 15% to 20% for service. We know the generally discussed rate for caddies is 10% on tour.

If you go to Bandon Dunes, you're typically paying $125 a day for a caddie for 18. $250 for 36. Just for fun and enjoyment, or so called local knowledge.

Elsewhere you can easily pay more or less. Sand Hills I doubled the rate of my caddie because the kid worked hard for our group. I shot 68 and the other guys shot 100+. He was all over the place offering help and finding balls.

You base it how people make their livings and what your expectations typically are. If this is true and Kuchar stiffed the guy, he deserves condemnation not only from the fans but from the PGA Offices.

I know PGA Professionals who have paid local caddies more for making the PGA from the PNC.

Agree. I truly detest a poor tipper. And I’ve never worked service industry in my life.

It’s bad business period. I’m a consistently good tipper for good service and every place I frequent I’m known by name and service is great. Why ? I show appreciation and it’s reciprocated...

I hope this is shown to be false. It’s very disappointing if it’s true

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Can't believe how tired I am of Twitter rumors and big mouths who don't have the backbone, or anything else, to name names. Call someone out by name or shut up. Having been a 12 year old girl at one point, I can tell you it had a lot in common with Twitter.

I'd love to shake your hand. What a post !

And by reflex action you believe everybody that's on twitter? Scary if true.

Can't believe how tired I am of Twitter rumors and big mouths who don't have the backbone, or anything else, to name names. Call someone out by name or shut up. Having been a 12 year old girl at one point, I can tell you it had a lot in common with Twitter.

Of course not

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Jump down people's throats much? It was inferred (rightly so, in my opinion) that it was gutless to make anonymous accusations. Well, now those accusations aren't anonymous. Never said whether to believe them or not. Maybe the cheapskate name hits a little too close to home?

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

Jump down people's throats much? It was inferred (rightly so, in my opinion) that it was gutless to make anonymous accusations. Well, now those accusations aren't anonymous. Never said whether to believe them or not. Maybe the cheapskate name hits a little too close to home?

Hardly. Perhaps the cheapskate tag fits you based on your knee jerk reply. Because accusations aren't anonymous doesn't mean they are true. Too many people here are quick to believe anything and everything that is posted on social media. Including some people in this thread.

@brianwacker1 “Asked Kuchar about local caddie situation in Mexico: “That’s not a story. It wasn’t 10 percent, it wasn’t $3,000. It’s not a story.” He came back few minutes later, expressed disappointment. "We had an agreement to start the week. He was excited to go to work that week.””

Something in the middle is more fair.

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Of course not

Sure about that? Seems you believe plenty of rumors. Like this one.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1694468-2018-tour-championship-discussion-thread-please-post-your-comments-here/#entry18029770

How did that work out? No need to reply.

All I keep coming up with is the only confirmed jerk here, IMO, is Gillis, starting something for no apparent reason other than to try and embarrass Kuchar - I mean, really, is Gillis the voice for the alleged downtrodden? Champion of all the caddies of the world? Attention whore? Twitter addict?

Seems pretty free with someone else's money for someone who didn't win the tournament and wasn't even part of the arrangement. Don't see it as any of the rest of the world's business.

All I keep coming up with is the only confirmed jerk here, IMO, is Gillis, starting something for no apparent reason other than to try and embarrass Kuchar - I mean, really, is Gillis the voice for the alleged downtrodden? Champion of all the caddies of the world? Attention whore? Twitter addict?

Based on this post it appears so. Of course no proof provided by the OP.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1731214-interesting-development/page__st__60__p__18480384#entry18480384

"Gillis started this thing and he's been right when it came to Tour players stiffing others over money before."

https://golfweek.com/2019/01/13/matt-kuchar-denies-rumor-he-paid-local-caddie-just-3000-for-win/

Kuchar denies paying the caddy $3,000.

“That’s not a story,” Kuchar said, per Golf Channel. “(What I paid him), it wasn’t 10 percent. It wasn’t $3,000. It’s not a story.”

What I'm surprised most is that a Mayokoba Golf Classic win pays more than a Sony Open win.

Somewhere between 10% and $3000 is quite a range, has Kuchar been clever with the way he responded to the claim and he actually paid him just a fraction more than the reported value. Who knows?

Only a few people will be aware of the exact ins and outs of the situation but a 0.2% share of a win seems like being stiffed to me even if he was a one-off caddy. A fifth of 1%!!

Edit: Didn't Sergio win the Wyndham a few years back with a local and/or one-off caddy?

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

Without knowing all of the facts (or any of them), I definitely find it hard to judge how one man spends his money or pays his caddie.

Agree 100%. If that wage was agreed to why should a multi millionaire have to pay more?

"Have to" is not the argument. A multimillionaire should "want" to.

What? My employer and myself have agreed to a set wage. So your saying if I do my agreed to responsibilities and the company it really successful that the company should “want” to pay me 40 times our agreed to amount. What if they are a multi-billion company? Should it be 80 times? If so, I want to come work for you.

Somewhere between 10% and $3000 is quite a range, has Kuchar been clever with the way he responded to the claim and he actually paid him just a fraction more than the reported value. Who knows?

Only a few people will be aware of the exact ins and outs of the situation but a 0.2% share of a win seems like being stiffed to me even if he was a one-off caddy. A fifth of 1%!!

Edit: Didn't Sergio win the Wyndham a few years back with a local and/or one-off caddy?

If we're discussing semantics, Kuchar could have paid him nothing judging by his quote only.

Based on this post it appears so. Of course no proof provided by the OP.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1731214-interesting-development/page__st__60__p__18480384#entry18480384

"Gillis started this thing and he's been right when it came to Tour players stiffing others over money before."

Gillis brought to light the putting contest debt that Ben Crane owed Daniel Berger

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna