2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Fake graphite design ad-iz 6

sedevie

Want to make everyone aware of fake shafts on eBay. The seller is Oklahomagolf. I purchased the shaft in early November and was able to hit a few balls before winter and it felt ok maybe soft to me. I went to regrip it recently and immediately noticed no security engraving or sticker. Upon closer examination I found variances in the tm, 6, and the S graphics also. This shaft is fake. I contacted the seller and he denied knowledge of authenticity and would not refund the purchase. He has sold 5 in the past 3 days. I have reported him to eBay but he continues to sell. The iz-7 is my real fairway shaft for comparison. Hope this helps someone!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to make everyone aware of fake shafts on eBay. The seller is Oklahomagolf. I purchased the shaft in early November and was able to hit a few balls before winter and it felt ok maybe soft to me. I went to regrip it recently and immediately noticed no security engraving or sticker. Upon closer examination I found variances in the tm, 6, and the S graphics also. This shaft is fake. I contacted the seller and he denied knowledge of authenticity and would not refund the purchase. He has sold 5 in the past 3 days. I have reported him to eBay but he continues to sell. The iz-7 is my real fairway shaft for comparison. Hope this helps someone!
Do a PayPal claim

I Have started a paypal dispute. I gave him a week to respond but he didn't so I escalated it. Waiting for PayPal to decide. Thanks for your recommendation!

Besides what the OP mentioned was wrong, the rings are different and the Tour AD logo font is off as well. I'm sure there's more wrong that we can't see.

OP, I would also contact Bill at Pro's Choice. Cant hurt to have his evaluation for your case.

Contents of bag subject to change...frequently 

I bought a used AD-DI 6 S a few years ago from a Power Seller on eBay and it played like a Noodle... contacted Bill at Pro Choice and he helped me identify

that it was a fake. The seller refunded me so it was a lesson learned. I then bought a New AD-DI 6 from Japan through TSG and that played like a noodle and

when it was checked came in at around 235 CPM..... Another lesson learned.... NEVER Trust the R , S , X on shafts because that shaft plays really soft for a Stiff.

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

Off topic, but does anyone have a tip to graphic measurement for this shaft? I would like a measurement from the end of the Taylormade adaptor if possible. Thanks, Steve
Steve here’s what I got. I don’t know if my iz 7 has been tipped so not much help but here yah go. If you think you have a fake just cut your grip off to know at a high likelihood. It should have engraved serial number from what I’ve researched and found. My other 2 have had them.

Tip to graphics measurements for all GD shafts are to the first ring from the tip of the shaft. Adapter insertion depth may vary from OEM to OEM so you shouldn't really use tip of adapter to graphic.

Like sedevie mentioned, if it's of concern cut your grip off and send the serial number to Bill at Pro's Choice. He's a great guy to deal with and more than willing to help.

If I remember right it's 24-5/8" tip of shaft to graphic

Contents of bag subject to change...frequently 

Steve here's what I got. I don't know if my iz 7 has been tipped so not much help but here yah go. If you think you have a fake just cut your grip off to know at a high likelihood. It should have engraved serial number from what I've researched and found. My other 2 have had them.

you have exactly what I purchased and returned to him.

Here's him again

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Graphite-Design-Tour-AD-IZ-6-Driver-Stiff-Shaft-Tip-Adapter-Taylormade-M3-M4-335/292924764803?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D4880d0a0bcf54720bfa997f81ca6946d%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D312423576263%26itm%3D292924764803&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A95e85da3-1bb3-11e9-beb2-74dbd1809a3e%7Cparentrq%3A64ccdc4b1680a99b1d14f175ffeb78be%7Ciid%3A1

I too bought from him and compared it to another one most definitely fake he did refund with a excuse that he had no idea. He is a fraud if he is still selling them, I would advise all not to purchase from him.

Signature of Solon CC

Ping g430 10k 9 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

Titleist Tsr1 15 tour ad di6

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max blue Tpt shaft 34/71

This seller has 99% Feedback and at least 3 of you guys state that he sold you a Counterfeit Shaft ..... That's jacked up that he only has 1 negative feedback

• Reply by oklahomagolf (Jan-10-19 11:46): Buyer never sent back the shaft. We were unable to refund without the shaft

Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6 Driver Stiff Shaft Tip Adapter Taylormade M3 M4 (#292832105091)

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

This seller has 99% Feedback and at least 3 of you guys state that he sold you a Counterfeit Shaft ..... That's jacked up that he only has 1 negative feedback

• Reply by oklahomagolf (Jan-10-19 11:46): Buyer never sent back the shaft. We were unable to refund without the shaft

Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6 Driver Stiff Shaft Tip Adapter Taylormade M3 M4 (#292832105091)

Couldn't agree more. It's great to weigh in on the forums, but unless and until you start posting feedback, he is going to continue scamming people and eBay won't do anything about it.

Care to explain why none of you have posted negative feedback?

You will always win a dispute on eBay if you claim item is "not as described", regardless if its real or fake.

There is a scam where you claim this on eBay and seller refunds you immediately and you get your money back and you have no obligation to send the goods back.

Now...in your case, I would recommend getting a refund and then asking eBay if you could forward the shaft to Graphite Design, instead of the seller. If you cant do that, just send the shaft back. If you send it back broken, you will get ur money back and the seller will not have to refund anyone. eBay eats the cost there.

Couldn't agree more. It's great to weigh in on the forums, but unless and until you start posting feedback, he is going to continue scamming people and eBay won't do anything about it.

Care to explain why none of you have posted negative feedback?

When he responded to me I felt bad so I changed my feedback once he refunded me. I should have kept my negative feedback, there is another post on here explaining everything. He obviously lied due to his resisting of these shafts. I am sure there are plenty of fake ones out there now which is disappointing, I had to eventually buy from a member on here for double the price lol

Signature of Solon CC

Ping g430 10k 9 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

Titleist Tsr1 15 tour ad di6

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max blue Tpt shaft 34/71

As expected, there are other sellers with the same counterfeit shafts for sale...

https://rover.ebay.c...tm/254078843522

Thats the same guy's "business account" . man this scumbag really needs to get kicked off

Seriously? That's interesting. It's weird that in one listing he doesn't include close up pictures of the incriminating details but he does in the other. I mean, the font on the second listing is clearly incorrect. I figured that was why his original/personal listings never had pictures of the details.

I've reported both listings, but until there is buyer feedback claiming counterfeit eBay won't do anything serious about this scumbag.

As an aside, thank you all for chiming in as I've been shopping for this exact shaft recently and this has reinforced my avoidance of ebay "deals" on GD shafts.

Gladly weigh in why I Couldnt leave negative feedback. I figured out the shaft was fake about 50 days after transaction being winter in North Dakota. I immediately contacted seller and he took his sweet time to respond until after 60 days. 60 days is the limit for feedback and I was unaware of this until further research. I suspect the seller knew precisely what he was doing. I called eBay directly and spoke with a representative to raise concerns about seller but she couldn't do anything. This is why I took this route. There is another shaft listed that's fake from seller fashion handbag world. It's from same location as other account bixby Oklahoma. I suspect it's a second account for same guy.

I’ve noticed that on counterfeit ad IZ and ad tp shafts that the paint from the ring closest to the “Tour AD-IZ(TP)” bleeds into the text slightly, and you can tell right away when looking at sellers pictures on eBay since they normally include a close up of those graphics to show what model shaft it is.

Kind of hard to tell in these pictures but in the bottom one the black paint is almost touching the text. I’ve seen the same instances in IZs too

Isn't the over lay in material in the white part also a sign if its fake or not?

Can you clarify the white overlay

Reason I'm asking.. I have 2 shafts I got a deal from. They have the etching, the S's look legit, and it feels like a graphite design shaft. Aside from being too soft

There is just alot of counterfeit izs running around

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB