2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

pga tour live worth 65 dollars

sergio285

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stream it at work when I have the opportunity to do so, and enjoy having access to it. I like seeing early coverage of the tournaments before they go live on tv.

I guess it comes down to if you're going to use it weekly, and if you feel you get your $5-6 a month use out of it. I don't really have complaints about the coverage, but I'm not expecting it to be prime time tv coverage either. I personally think it's worth it.

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

Was just going to post the same question. Seems pricier than PGA Tour Live was last season; but maybe not. Can't remember.

Just hope it works if I get it! So frustrating when PGA Tour Live would constantly freeze up and/or disconnect.

TSR2 10 Ventus Blue velocore  6S
Paradym Ai Smoke 3D  Ventus Red velocore 7S
Apex '21 19 + 21  GD ADDI 85S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
SM9 50F, 55M, 60K Steelfiber S 95
Toulon Chicago

Got my PGA Tour live refunded within a few days after ordering last year. Made the mistake of signing up on a Thursdsy of one of Tiger's first events back, may have been this one. They couldn't deliver anything that day, so cancelled, got refund - wasn't all that easy to get done but we got there (may have paid with PayPal but not going to look it up).

Fool me once ......

Edit: it was March, I was hoping to watch while sitting at a conference, lol.

I don't get it at all, PGA Tour Live was phenomenal for the golf nerds. I subscribed for a few seasons, the featured group and featured hole coverage are awesome, you could actually watch multiple groups play one hole see those playing great and also those playing terrible, a totally different view from watching the top 15 leaders of a tournament every week. I'm not sure what they did with NBC Sports Gold, oh wait I mean Amazon Channel package, or hold on they're streaming it on Twitter...

I don't get it at all, PGA Tour Live was phenomenal for the golf nerds. I subscribed for a few seasons, the featured group and featured hole coverage are awesome, you could actually watch multiple groups play one hole see those playing great and also those playing terrible, a totally different view from watching the top 15 leaders of a tournament every week. I'm not sure what they did with NBC Sports Gold, oh wait I mean Amazon Channel package, or hold on they're streaming it on Twitter...

PGA Tour Live is the same this year. I should say it’s better. There is actually a lot more coverage than last year.

It’s just being CARRIED by nbcsports gold. You pay NBC sports gold instead of PGA tour live. You also watch it on the NBC sports gold app or website.

There is a whole other thread on this. And yes....it is more expensive this year. I signed up two weeks ago at $49 but It went up to its “regular “ price now of $65.

Is it “worth it”?? I’d say it’s a bargain for the coverage you get over the entire golf season. Just over $2 Bucks a tourney.

28 tournaments of coverage for $65. I’d say if you think that’s expensive you are exceedingly cheap. Here the schedule.

https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/pga-tour-live

Worth it for me. Looking at the lineup, especially with the change in how the tourney's are aligned, I'd be interested in watching Thursday/Friday featured group coverage for about 85% of the tournaments. I don't really spend my money on things other than golf and being able to watch 5/6 hours of featured group coverage while bored at work is a godsend!

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9° 

Fairway Wood: Taylormade SIM TI 15°, Titleist 917F2 18°

Irons: Ping i210 4-UW

Wedges: Titleist SM8 S-Grind 54°, 58°

Putter: Nike BC-01 33"

I got it last year for $39 and really liked it. Now they've merged PGA live with gold and then merged that with NBC sports. I guess to consolidate everything to one app. NBCgold & GC showing the same thing now with GC doing more to sell NBCgold. Not sure why they're giving it away for free on twitter. But right now I wouldn't pay $65 for it b/c I have GC. My subscription expires in AUG so I'll have plenty of time to see if it's worth it then.

I got it last year for $39 and really liked it. Now they've merged PGA live with gold and then merged that with NBC sports. I guess to consolidate everything to one app. NBCgold & GC showing the same thing now with GC doing more to sell NBCgold. Not sure why they're giving it away for free on twitter. But right now I wouldn't pay $65 for it b/c I have GC. My subscription expires in AUG so I'll have plenty of time to see if it's worth it then.

what's free on twitter. NBCGold???

They are promoting it heavily right now so there is overlap and they are sharing some coverage. The coverage on GC and pga tour live is absolutely not going to be the same thoughout the year.

You are getting many, many extra hours of coverage every week that will not be on GC.

what's free on twitter. NBCGold???

They usually carry the first hour or so for free on twitter.

For example they didn't show the bunker shot from Tiger, last year if I was watching This group I wouldn't have missed any of those shots. You got to listen to more conversations with player caddy last year, not so much now.

Exactly, too many groups this year.

M2 9.5
M2 15
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3
MP18 SC 4-5
MP18 6-PW
SM6 52.8
SM6 56.10
SM6 60.4
2016 Select Newport 2

Consensus seems to be it got worse with NBC now owning it. Plus with the increased cost.... Not sure if worth it. I elected to not renew.

From a technical standpoint, the service itself is much better as a whole than last year, it's just that the way they rolled it out was confusing for most people. I watch Thursday and Friday on mute usually, so I'm not going to comment in terms of the quality of the audio in the broadcast.

Web browser works without crashing.

Full screen stays full screen.

Native Roku and Chromecast support now.

They have weekly tournament recaps

You can actually replay the featured groups

For those concerned with resizing video on the browser, you can do that by zooming in or out on the webpage. It's not as elegant, but it literally takes a few seconds to get the video as small as you want it.

IMO, there were some MAJOR technical flaws with PGA Tour Live and they needed to do something. Streaming through a web browser was terrible (constant streaming errors, reloading of the webpage and full screen would not stay full screen) and there was no direct way to get it on an actual TV. It was kind of similar to what HBO did. They tried to build an "in-house" streaming capability, and that blew up in their face. So they hired another company with an established streaming capability, which made the process significantly better and more stable.

Where they really screwed the pooch is the fact that the transition to NBC Sports Gold coincided with NBC consolidating everything into the NBC Sports app. So now you have a number of customers confused as to how to actually stream PGA Tour Live this year. Not to mention that it's also available on Amazon Channels, leading to even more confusion.

100% agree that the service is better from a technical perspective now. I haven't had a single problem streaming. Compared to the MLB and NHL streaming services I use, the PGA service was downright archaic.

Somebody mentioned this in another thread and it's gold: you can shrink the picture in a regular browser window by simply changing the zoom setting in the browser window. Super easy and worked like a charm to get a small window in the corner of my work monitor.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1