pga tour live worth 65 dollars

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stream it at work when I have the opportunity to do so, and enjoy having access to it. I like seeing early coverage of the tournaments before they go live on tv.

I guess it comes down to if you're going to use it weekly, and if you feel you get your $5-6 a month use out of it. I don't really have complaints about the coverage, but I'm not expecting it to be prime time tv coverage either. I personally think it's worth it.

WITB
Driver: 10.5* SIM set 1 click lower- shaft Diamana D+ 70s

Fairway:  Cobra F9 5w turned down to 17* Diamana White 80s

Hybrids: 19* Srixon H65 Proforce V2 85f4
Irons: 24* X Forged Utility w/ Modus 120s, 5-PW Ben Hoga PTx Pro Modus 125s
Wedges: 48* bent to 49* Vokey SM6 F Grind, Zipcore 52* Mid bent to 53*, Zipcore 56* Mid Raw bent to 58*. All wedges have DGTI S400
Putter: Toulon Las Vegas or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish

Was just going to post the same question. Seems pricier than PGA Tour Live was last season; but maybe not. Can't remember.

Just hope it works if I get it! So frustrating when PGA Tour Live would constantly freeze up and/or disconnect.

Mavrik 10.5 Ventus Red velocore S
Epic Flash SZ 15 GD AD-IZ 7S
Rogue 19 3 hybrid stock Synergy S
Rogue 21 4 hybrid stock Synergy S
718 AP3 5 DG AWT Black S
718 AP2 6-Gap DG AWT Black S
SM7 54.10M, 58.04L DG TI Onyx S400
Futura 5.5W

Got my PGA Tour live refunded within a few days after ordering last year. Made the mistake of signing up on a Thursdsy of one of Tiger's first events back, may have been this one. They couldn't deliver anything that day, so cancelled, got refund - wasn't all that easy to get done but we got there (may have paid with PayPal but not going to look it up).

Fool me once ......

Edit: it was March, I was hoping to watch while sitting at a conference, lol.

I don't get it at all, PGA Tour Live was phenomenal for the golf nerds. I subscribed for a few seasons, the featured group and featured hole coverage are awesome, you could actually watch multiple groups play one hole see those playing great and also those playing terrible, a totally different view from watching the top 15 leaders of a tournament every week. I'm not sure what they did with NBC Sports Gold, oh wait I mean Amazon Channel package, or hold on they're streaming it on Twitter...

TSi3
Mavrik SZ

PXG 0341 21*
MP20 MMC 4 Iron
MP20 MB 5-W
Raw Callaway 53*

Raw Mizuno T20 58*
PM Grind 64*
Special Select Newport 2

I don't get it at all, PGA Tour Live was phenomenal for the golf nerds. I subscribed for a few seasons, the featured group and featured hole coverage are awesome, you could actually watch multiple groups play one hole see those playing great and also those playing terrible, a totally different view from watching the top 15 leaders of a tournament every week. I'm not sure what they did with NBC Sports Gold, oh wait I mean Amazon Channel package, or hold on they're streaming it on Twitter...

PGA Tour Live is the same this year. I should say it’s better. There is actually a lot more coverage than last year.

It’s just being CARRIED by nbcsports gold. You pay NBC sports gold instead of PGA tour live. You also watch it on the NBC sports gold app or website.

There is a whole other thread on this. And yes....it is more expensive this year. I signed up two weeks ago at $49 but It went up to its “regular “ price now of $65.

Is it “worth it”?? I’d say it’s a bargain for the coverage you get over the entire golf season. Just over $2 Bucks a tourney.

28 tournaments of coverage for $65. I’d say if you think that’s expensive you are exceedingly cheap. Here the schedule.

https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/pga-tour-live

Worth it for me. Looking at the lineup, especially with the change in how the tourney's are aligned, I'd be interested in watching Thursday/Friday featured group coverage for about 85% of the tournaments. I don't really spend my money on things other than golf and being able to watch 5/6 hours of featured group coverage while bored at work is a godsend!

WITB:

Driver: Ping G410 LST 9.0° [Tensei Orange 60]

Fairway Woods: Taylormade M2 16.5° [Fujikara Pro], Nike VR Pro LTD 19° [Elements Chrome 7F4] 

Irons: Ping iBlade 4-PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 50°F [Chrome] 54°S/58°S [Jet Black]

Putter: Nike B2-01

I got it last year for $39 and really liked it. Now they've merged PGA live with gold and then merged that with NBC sports. I guess to consolidate everything to one app. NBCgold & GC showing the same thing now with GC doing more to sell NBCgold. Not sure why they're giving it away for free on twitter. But right now I wouldn't pay $65 for it b/c I have GC. My subscription expires in AUG so I'll have plenty of time to see if it's worth it then.

I got it last year for $39 and really liked it. Now they've merged PGA live with gold and then merged that with NBC sports. I guess to consolidate everything to one app. NBCgold & GC showing the same thing now with GC doing more to sell NBCgold. Not sure why they're giving it away for free on twitter. But right now I wouldn't pay $65 for it b/c I have GC. My subscription expires in AUG so I'll have plenty of time to see if it's worth it then.

what's free on twitter. NBCGold???

They are promoting it heavily right now so there is overlap and they are sharing some coverage. The coverage on GC and pga tour live is absolutely not going to be the same thoughout the year.

You are getting many, many extra hours of coverage every week that will not be on GC.

what's free on twitter. NBCGold???

They usually carry the first hour or so for free on twitter.

Consensus seems to be it got worse with NBC now owning it. Plus with the increased cost.... Not sure if worth it. I elected to not renew.

Taylormade SIM Max 9* - Ventus Black 6x

Cobra Speedzone Big 3 Tour - Accra FX 2.0 370 M5

Cobra Speedzone - Accra FX 2.0 380 M5 (Testing SIM Max 19* - HZRDUS SMOKE BLACK 95 6.5)

Titleist 818H1 - Ventus Blue 10x

Cobra Forged Tec Black 6i, Forged CB 6-GW - AMT X100 Onyx

Titleist SM8 54.12D, 58.8M - S400 Tour Issue Onyx

Custom Atwood

TP5 (testing Vice Pro)

For example they didn't show the bunker shot from Tiger, last year if I was watching This group I wouldn't have missed any of those shots. You got to listen to more conversations with player caddy last year, not so much now.

Exactly, too many groups this year.

M2 9.5
M2 15
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3
MP18 SC 4-5
MP18 6-PW
SM6 52.8
SM6 56.10
SM6 60.4
2016 Select Newport 2

Consensus seems to be it got worse with NBC now owning it. Plus with the increased cost.... Not sure if worth it. I elected to not renew.

From a technical standpoint, the service itself is much better as a whole than last year, it's just that the way they rolled it out was confusing for most people. I watch Thursday and Friday on mute usually, so I'm not going to comment in terms of the quality of the audio in the broadcast.

Web browser works without crashing.

Full screen stays full screen.

Native Roku and Chromecast support now.

They have weekly tournament recaps

You can actually replay the featured groups

For those concerned with resizing video on the browser, you can do that by zooming in or out on the webpage. It's not as elegant, but it literally takes a few seconds to get the video as small as you want it.

IMO, there were some MAJOR technical flaws with PGA Tour Live and they needed to do something. Streaming through a web browser was terrible (constant streaming errors, reloading of the webpage and full screen would not stay full screen) and there was no direct way to get it on an actual TV. It was kind of similar to what HBO did. They tried to build an "in-house" streaming capability, and that blew up in their face. So they hired another company with an established streaming capability, which made the process significantly better and more stable.

Where they really screwed the pooch is the fact that the transition to NBC Sports Gold coincided with NBC consolidating everything into the NBC Sports app. So now you have a number of customers confused as to how to actually stream PGA Tour Live this year. Not to mention that it's also available on Amazon Channels, leading to even more confusion.

100% agree that the service is better from a technical perspective now. I haven't had a single problem streaming. Compared to the MLB and NHL streaming services I use, the PGA service was downright archaic.

Somebody mentioned this in another thread and it's gold: you can shrink the picture in a regular browser window by simply changing the zoom setting in the browser window. Super easy and worked like a charm to get a small window in the corner of my work monitor.

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 10.5 deg.

Callaway Mavrik 3 wood

Cobra F9 5 Wood

Srixon H45 4 hybrid

Srixon 565 5-AW

Ping Glide 3.0 54 deg.

Callaway PM Grind 60 deg.

Bettinardi Studio Stock 17