2019 Ping Blueprint Irons - New in hand photos

GolfWRX

If you're in a place where you can do this, bring your six iron into a demo. Hit that, and then hit the demo 7 bp. That'll be most helpful. You may want to power-spec your bps so they more closely match your 210s. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

> @matchavez said:

> If you're in a place where you can do this, bring your six iron into a demo. Hit that, and then hit the demo 7 bp. That'll be most helpful. You may want to power-spec your bps so they more closely match your 210s. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

PING website seems to suggest no powerspec on BP. You could do digital loft/lie through WRX maybe.

TSi3 9.0 (A4)  Tensei Raw Blue 65 Stiff 

TS2 15 (B1) Project X Even Flow White 75 6.0
TS3 19 (C4) Project X Even Flow White 90 6.0
i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Glide Forged Pro (52/56/60) DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newport 
Pro V1x Yellow 

Rep tells me 29th for retail release. ( to backup what others have said ) and that first sets ordered through reps are being built right now along with a few more tour sets. ! To say I’m excited is an understatement!

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @matchavez said:

> kgdxdx3yvadj.png

>

> Looks like it to me, @towncryer

Huh...I could have swore both Power and Retro were blank the other day. My bad!

• Like 1

TSi3 9.0 (A4)  Tensei Raw Blue 65 Stiff 

TS2 15 (B1) Project X Even Flow White 75 6.0
TS3 19 (C4) Project X Even Flow White 90 6.0
i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Glide Forged Pro (52/56/60) DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newport 
Pro V1x Yellow 

> @speeder757 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @speeder757 said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > I remembered a thread from days gone by regarding forging and metals used. I thought I would preemptively share since questions will most likely come up due to the metal used.

> > > >

> > > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/499960/8620-steel-vs-1020-steel/p1

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Ya the Ping wedges are made the same way with the same material and they feel like a rock compared to most forgings.... Hopefully these are different somehow but I doubt it.

> >

> > considering that they have the same relative hardness as any club made with 1020. I am not sure why they would feel like rocks.

>

>

> In my experience 8620 is muchhhh harder feeling than 1020 or 1025

That is not my personal experience. I have had more the opposite. Taylormade Version B tour irons one rthe years have all been 8620 and they feel like butter. Vokey wedges are one of the softest feeling wedges I can think of.

JMHGO

• Like 1

> @easyyy said:

> > @speeder757 said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @speeder757 said:

> > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > I remembered a thread from days gone by regarding forging and metals used. I thought I would preemptively share since questions will most likely come up due to the metal used.

> > > > >

> > > > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/499960/8620-steel-vs-1020-steel/p1

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Ya the Ping wedges are made the same way with the same material and they feel like a rock compared to most forgings.... Hopefully these are different somehow but I doubt it.

> > >

> > > considering that they have the same relative hardness as any club made with 1020. I am not sure why they would feel like rocks.

> >

> >

> > In my experience 8620 is muchhhh harder feeling than 1020 or 1025

>

> That is not my personal experience. I have had more the opposite. Taylormade Version B tour irons one rthe years have all been 8620 and they feel like butter. Vokey wedges are one of the softest feeling wedges I can think of.

>

> JMHGO

I agree. I personally love love the glide forged feel. But I’ve never been a pillow soft fan.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @easyyy said:

> > @speeder757 said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > I remembered a thread from days gone by regarding forging and metals used. I thought I would preemptively share since questions will most likely come up due to the metal used.

> > > > >

> > > > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/499960/8620-steel-vs-1020-steel/p1

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Ya the Ping wedges are made the same way with the same material and they feel like a rock compared to most forgings.... Hopefully these are different somehow but I doubt it.

> > >

> > > considering that they have the same relative hardness as any club made with 1020. I am not sure why they would feel like rocks.

> >

> >

>

> That is not my personal experience. I have had more the opposite. Taylormade Version B tour irons one rthe years have all been 8620 and they feel like butter. Vokey wedges are one of the softest feeling wedges I can think of.

>

> JMHGO

Thanks for the credible back up. haha.

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @matchavez said:

> kgdxdx3yvadj.png

>

> Looks like it to me, @towncryer

Ping simply bends the standard lofts to the Power Spec Lofts (PSL), correct?

They are not manufactured with the PSL.......this means more offset with the PSL.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

> @matchavez said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> Not to be overly pedantic, because I generally agree with your conclusion, but there are some specifics.

>

> Feel equates to what you receive back from the club in terms of force, loss of momentum, and sound. Generally it's pleasing to feel little returned resistance, like knocking a nail in one blow. It starts and ends where you perceive it is correct, so your body doesn't receive any "fight" from impact.

>

> As you pointed out, the metal has a hardness. That's science, and it's settled. You can look it up on a chart, it's been fully worked out. It's the impact between that metal, your ball (hopefully) and whatever else it hits on planet earth during your swing that produces irregular forces to the head and shaft. Those forces, the resonance and resistance, are what get fed up to your hands and ears.

>

> Your point is taken; the metal does have an effect on the returned forces. So does shape. So does even the epoxy used. Your grip matters. Your shaft is a transfer of energy into the ball, but it's receptive to changes and fires those right up to your hands. And the sound a club makes gives your brain expectations; usually loudness is an indicator for your body to prepare for impact, and can tighten your muscles as you might expect.

>

> It's complex, but this whole "only certain forgings" is always comical. If you want a soft golf club, play a soft ball. It'll have much more change. If you don't want to do that, put in earplugs. All golf clubs feel soft when your hearing is muted.

>

> That's not what this thread is about, and there are hundreds of posts on this particular topic. The Blueprint has a smaller head; that'll contribute to fewer returned vibrations up the shaft. It has a narrower sole, which provided it gets through the dirt, is again less agitation of the ground. The metal is 8620, so it's going to give a little more, and with a urethane ball, is going to receive less return energy from the interaction, even on less-than-perfect strikes. It's those reasons I'm very excited about these clubs. That, and I'm going with a softer shaft, and now that my elbow problems are behind me, I'm hoping they'll always be gone - and I can continue on with steel shafts.

>

> So, so happy these have come out. Thanks Paul, Marty, and everyone who twisted arms to make this a public release.

>

I completely agree with you. I understand I was presenting a very simplified and narrow reason for feel. There is soo much more involved than just the metal used. I was simply trying to dispel the myth that 1020, or 1025 metals can be soft and 8620 is hard and lacks feel. That is just not true, or a better way to put it is not "always" true.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Went to a seminar given by a very well known wedge designer. He was asked why they cast 8620 instead of forging it for their wedges. His response was no advantage? They had tried it and it never showed any advantage from a feel, design, customization, or durability standpoint. His description of how they forged 8620 was very much a form forged routine. 4 strikes on a basic cast shape. Not 14-20 strikes on a 10XX billet while varying temperatures of the metal during the process.. But don’t forget if Ping just released these as cast like a Vokey or Cleveland wedge they couldn’t charge $230 a club. You need forged on the club for that.price. I don’t find the Forged Mizuno wedges or Callaway forged wedges to feel any better than cast Vokeys. So very possible a cast set of 8620 irons would feel just fine but you need to “forge” them to take the club from $149 a stick to $230 a stick..

> @BirdieBob said:

> > @matchavez said:

> > kgdxdx3yvadj.png

> >

> > Looks like it to me, @towncryer

>

> Ping simply bends the standard lofts to the Power Spec Lofts (PSL), correct?

> They are not manufactured with the PSL.......this means more offset with the PSL.

Not certain why the need for a choice on lofts shown,

Wouldn't the player have loft and lie adjusted to fit his specs? Dialing in distance , gapping, and lie

for desired ballflight . These are forged, should be

a fairly easy set up .

Most forged players are not playing with off the rack specs.

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

From those on staff I've talked to, these are TINY in-hand.

• Like 1

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

> @Pinging77 said:

> Went to a seminar given by a very well known wedge designer. He was asked why they cast 8620 instead of forging it for their wedges. His response was no advantage? They had tried it and it never showed any advantage from a feel, design, customization, or durability standpoint. His description of how they forged 8620 was very much a form forged routine. 4 strikes on a basic cast shape. Not 14-20 strikes on a 10XX billet while varying temperatures of the metal during the process.. But don’t forget if Ping just released these as cast like a Vokey or Cleveland wedge they couldn’t charge $230 a club. You need forged on the club for that.price. I don’t find the Forged Mizuno wedges or Callaway forged wedges to feel any better than cast Vokeys. So very possible a cast set of 8620 irons would feel just fine but you need to “forge” them to take the club from $149 a stick to $230 a stick..

Again they are $212.50 a stick ($1699.99 for a set of 8). But point taken about putting forged on it justifying a higher price. My question is why is the designer saying it's from a single billet if its not? Is there a reason it can't be? 8620 is just a specific chemistry so I don't see any reason it couldn't other than possibly the metal is too brittle but I'm not sure. You can forge other alloy steels.

I got to hit the 4 iron and 7 last night and they look great. Yeah they are tiny but I didn't feel intimidated by them. Visually very little to no offset which I loved. The feel is very different than a traditional blade like what Mizuno would make, they almost feel a bit hotter but still very solid, just different. The feedback is incredible, I knew exactly when I missed and where I did. I would love to hit these off grass. Still not sure if I could justify the cost but I would definitely game them.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X (Ai Smoke TD otw)
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

> @QMany said:

> From those on staff I've talked to, these are TINY in-hand.

And that’s a huge plus. Means better balance and a centered mass. The tungsten in the toe is just icing on the cake and will be close enough to effect feel and ball speed on toe misses id say.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @easyyy said:

> > @speeder757 said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

>

> JMHGO

I hear ya..... Vokeys do feel good for a wedge.... as did the R9 B's. Those are/were both cast as well. I personally didnt care for the feel of the Glide Forged Wedge out of 8620 at all.... Hopefully the Blueprints feel great as the look at address is outstanding.

• Like 1

> @speeder757 said:

> > @easyyy said:

> > > @speeder757 said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > @speeder757 said:

> > > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > I remembered a thread from days gone by regarding forging and metals used. I thought I would preemptively share since questions will most likely come up due to the metal used.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/499960/8620-steel-vs-1020-steel/p1

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Ya the Ping wedges are made the same way with the same material and they feel like a rock compared to most forgings.... Hopefully these are different somehow but I doubt it.

> > > >

> > > > considering that they have the same relative hardness as any club made with 1020. I am not sure why they would feel like rocks.

> > >

> > >

> > > In my experience 8620 is muchhhh harder feeling than 1020 or 1025

> >

> > That is not my personal experience. I have had more the opposite. Taylormade Version B tour irons one rthe years have all been 8620 and they feel like butter. Vokey wedges are one of the softest feeling wedges I can think of.

> >

> > JMHGO

>

> I hear ya..... Vokeys do feel good for a wedge.... as did the R9 B's. Those are/were both cast as well. I personally didnt care for the feel of the Glide Forged Wedge out of 8620 at all.... Hopefully the Blueprints feel great as the look at address is outstanding.

I'm not sure why you care?? Aren't there at least 6 or 7 blades on the market for 1/2 the price?

> @denvergolf said:

> > @speeder757 said:

> > > @easyyy said:

> > > > > > @speeder757 said:

> > > > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > > I remembered a thread from days gone by regarding forging and metals used. I thought I would preemptively share since questions will most likely come up due to the metal used.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/499960/8620-steel-vs-1020-steel/p1

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ya the Ping wedges are made the same way with the same material and they feel like a rock compared to most forgings.... Hopefully these are different somehow but I doubt it.

> > > > >

> > > > > considering that they have the same relative hardness as any club made with 1020. I am not sure why they would feel like rocks.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > In my experience 8620 is muchhhh harder feeling than 1020 or 1025

> > >

> > > That is not my personal experience. I have had more the opposite. Taylormade Version B tour irons one rthe years have all been 8620 and they feel like butter. Vokey wedges are one of the softest feeling wedges I can think of.

> > >

> > > JMHGO

> >

> > I hear ya..... Vokeys do feel good for a wedge.... as did the R9 B's. Those are/were both cast as well. I personally didnt care for the feel of the Glide Forged Wedge out of 8620 at all.... Hopefully the Blueprints feel great as the look at address is outstanding.

>

> I'm not sure why you care?? Aren't there at least 6 or 7 blades on the market for 1/2 the price?

but they dont say ping silly..

BALL; Chrome Soft X

The bottom line for those that think 8620 is just as soft as 1025 when Forged is would Tiger Woods be caught dead with a set of forged 8620 irons in his bag? I’m sure over the years he has had a chance to use all materials forged or cast (Eye2s as a teenager). Since he continually returns to 1025, I would venture a guess the answer is a Resounding NO!

Ping uses 8620 because they aren’t and never have been forging experts (like Miura, Endo, Epon, Srixon, Bridgestone, etc.) they are casting and machining experts. Their last venture into forging was two sets of Anser irons that felt worse than their i15 look alikes made from 17-4 ph “stainless steel”. They did sell traditional forgings at the beginning when they machined out 1020 Golfcraft heads in the 1960s and basically sold the first perimeter weighted forging...see avatar for sample..

> @denvergolf said:

> > @speeder757 said:

> > > @easyyy said:

> > > > > > > I remembered a thread from days gone by regarding forging and metals used. I thought I would preemptively share since questions will most likely come up due to the metal used.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/499960/8620-steel-vs-1020-steel/p1

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ya the Ping wedges are made the same way with the same material and they feel like a rock compared to most forgings.... Hopefully these are different somehow but I doubt it.

> > > > >

> > > > > considering that they have the same relative hardness as any club made with 1020. I am not sure why they would feel like rocks.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > That is not my personal experience. I have had more the opposite. Taylormade Version B tour irons one rthe years have all been 8620 and they feel like butter. Vokey wedges are one of the softest feeling wedges I can think of.

> > >

> > > JMHGO

> >

> > I hear ya..... Vokeys do feel good for a wedge.... as did the R9 B's. Those are/were both cast as well. I personally didnt care for the feel of the Glide Forged Wedge out of 8620 at all.... Hopefully the Blueprints feel great as the look at address is outstanding.

>

> I'm not sure why you care?? Aren't there at least 6 or 7 blades on the market for 1/2 the price?

There are blades on ebay for 1/4 of the price of the blades you are referring too. Is the cheapest club available the only one anyone should care about?

Ping could easily have them forged by whoever overseas, I take their choices on materials and construction as intentional. You can argue whether or not it was a good choice but I would say hit them. I'm a Mizuno lifer and I was impressed.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X (Ai Smoke TD otw)
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

> @vpexp said:

> > @denvergolf said:

> > > @speeder757 said:

> > > > @easyyy said:

> > > > > @speeder757 said:

> > > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > > @speeder757 said:

> > > > > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > > > I remembered a thread from days gone by regarding forging and metals used. I thought I would preemptively share since questions will most likely come up due to the metal used.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/499960/8620-steel-vs-1020-steel/p1

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ya the Ping wedges are made the same way with the same material and they feel like a rock compared to most forgings.... Hopefully these are different somehow but I doubt it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > considering that they have the same relative hardness as any club made with 1020. I am not sure why they would feel like rocks.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > In my experience 8620 is muchhhh harder feeling than 1020 or 1025

> > > >

> > > > That is not my personal experience. I have had more the opposite. Taylormade Version B tour irons one rthe years have all been 8620 and they feel like butter. Vokey wedges are one of the softest feeling wedges I can think of.

> > > >

> > > > JMHGO

> > >

> > > I hear ya..... Vokeys do feel good for a wedge.... as did the R9 B's. Those are/were both cast as well. I personally didnt care for the feel of the Glide Forged Wedge out of 8620 at all.... Hopefully the Blueprints feel great as the look at address is outstanding.

> >

> > I'm not sure why you care?? Aren't there at least 6 or 7 blades on the market for 1/2 the price?

> There are blades on ebay for 1/4 of the price of the blades you are referring too. Is the cheapest club available the only one anyone should care about?

>

Just a little irony from another thread on the expense of irons...

> @denvergolf said:

> > @speeder757 said:

> > > @easyyy said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > > JMHGO

> >

>

What the hell are you talking about? Isnt this a golf forum to discuss golf equipment? You're trying to take my post saying that the P7TW's are over priced to now a Blueprint thread...... Must have a lot of spare time on your hands. Hate to break it to you cause you've been #ick riding the TW's since announcement but they are over priced, that is a fact. They are also a launch disaster, not to mention they are not even made out of the same material that Tiger uses..... Tiger uses 1018 which is a softer more expensive metal than 1025.

I've been on this forum since the beginning by the way. I also have numerous sets of Muira's, 681T, etc etc as well as other expensive high end clubs.... But facts are facts.....

Sorry your holy grail not "Limited Edition" irons price are dropping like rocks. But they are.

> @Pinging77 said:

> The bottom line for those that think 8620 is just as soft as 1025 when Forged is would Tiger Woods be caught dead with a set of forged 8620 irons in his bag? I’m sure over the years he has had a chance to use all materials forged or cast (Eye2s as a teenager). Since he continually returns to 1025, I would venture a guess the answer is a Resounding NO!

>

> Ping uses 8620 because they aren’t and never have been forging experts (like Miura, Endo, Epon, Srixon, Bridgestone, etc.) they are casting and machining experts. Their last venture into forging was two sets of Anser irons that felt worse than their i15 look alikes made from 17-4 ph “stainless steel”. They did sell traditional forgings at the beginning when they machined out 1020 Golfcraft heads in the 1960s and basically sold the first perimeter weighted forging...see avatar for sample..

And yet Tiger uses 1018 right now in his irons. Taylormade is selling his "Replicas" to all these TM/TW fanboys in 1025 ..... Which is a cheaper/harder metal.