2019 Ping Blueprint Irons - New in hand photos

GolfWRX

How does the hydropearl finish hold up over time? I like my 900 tours but I have to say the finish shows some of the worst wear and tear marks, most of which appear to be from the clubs sliding against each other.

• Like 1

Titleist 917 D3 9.5* Kiyoshi Black 65-05
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X
(Testing) Titleist T200 3 iron w/ Tensei Raw White 100-X and TSi2 21* w/ HZRDUS RDX Black 80 6.5
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 Raw 47-07 PX 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 Raw 52-08F/56-10S/60-04L PX 6.5/6.0/6.0
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol 1.0

> @matchavez said:

> > @GrandmasterJ said:

> > Tell me what you guys think! I am going to blend my current i500 4-6 with the blueprints replacing my powerspec i210s 7-PW.

> > should I go...

> > i500 4-6 standard loft (21, 24, 27 respectively) with Blueprints 7-PW Powerspec (32, 36, 40.5, 45 respectively)

> > or

> > i500 4-6 retrospec (23, 26, 29 respectively) with Blueprints 7-PW standard loft (34, 38, 42, 46 respectively)

> > my wedges are 50, 54, 58. Just worried it might be too big of a gap! Thanks in advance for any input!!

> > I am really considering pulling the trigger on these by these weekend hahahaa

> >

> I think I'd be doing something like 21, 25, 29 - then power spec., but I'd be patient. Just decide how you want the BPs. You might be happy with two 7-irons, too. I think it's hard to predict, but if you've been playing power spec'd 210s, you're going to be a full club back if you don't power the Bps. By being patient, buy them how you want them, and then adjust your lofts after the fact. Once you see what your actual gap is between your 27º 6-iron and your either 32 or 34º 7-iron, you'll have to go between "close enough", bends, or get a 6 1/2 iron.

The i500s go further for many people (they didn’t really for me). I’d guess retro spec i500 and power spec BPs should have the best gap between the 6 and 7. For a combo set, I like @matchavez idea of considering two 7is as well.

> @TLUBulldogGolf said:

> How does the hydropearl finish hold up over time? I like my 900 tours but I have to say the finish shows some of the worst wear and tear marks, most of which appear to be from the clubs sliding against each other.

It holds up well on the back of the club. ASI n doesn’t show chatter etc. the sole in my type turf conditions ( clay based Bermuda) it will wear through pretty quick. The faces do show wear quickly too. But it’s fast and once it happens it stays that way. Doesn’t reallly progress. Just looks worn quick. Hope that makes sense?

I have the ability to tape up and very lightly media blast the faces , so I’ll just refresh mine every couple months or so as needed. The wear that shows is really more of a polishing effect. The rough face look gets polished away by the ground and ball contact. Side effect for any satin finish really.

TM Sim2 max 9* TB 70TX

TM 300 13.5* Tensei CK blue 80TX

TM Sim2 max 16.5 MMT 70x 

Tsi2 21* graphite design Ad IZ 8s 

Titleist T100 5-pw MMT 125 TX 

Very sm7 50 edel sms 54 58 MMT 125 TX 

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

> @Deadpool_25 said:

> > @matchavez said:

> > > @GrandmasterJ said:

> > > Tell me what you guys think! I am going to blend my current i500 4-6 with the blueprints replacing my powerspec i210s 7-PW.

> > > should I go...

> > > i500 4-6 standard loft (21, 24, 27 respectively) with Blueprints 7-PW Powerspec (32, 36, 40.5, 45 respectively)

> > > or

> > > i500 4-6 retrospec (23, 26, 29 respectively) with Blueprints 7-PW standard loft (34, 38, 42, 46 respectively)

> > > my wedges are 50, 54, 58. Just worried it might be too big of a gap! Thanks in advance for any input!!

> > > I am really considering pulling the trigger on these by these weekend hahahaa

> > >

> > I think I'd be doing something like 21, 25, 29 - then power spec., but I'd be patient. Just decide how you want the BPs. You might be happy with two 7-irons, too. I think it's hard to predict, but if you've been playing power spec'd 210s, you're going to be a full club back if you don't power the Bps. By being patient, buy them how you want them, and then adjust your lofts after the fact. Once you see what your actual gap is between your 27º 6-iron and your either 32 or 34º 7-iron, you'll have to go between "close enough", bends, or get a 6 1/2 iron.

>

> The i500s go further for many people (they didn’t really for me). I’d guess retro spec i500 and power spec BPs should have the best gap between the 6 and 7. For a combo set, I like @matchavez idea of considering two 7is as well.

Yep. In retro lofts mine didn’t really go further at all. You could absolutely play a 3-6 i500 in retro and gap well with 7-pw blueprint

TM Sim2 max 9* TB 70TX

TM Sim2 max 16.5 MMT 70x 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @TLUBulldogGolf said:

> > How does the hydropearl finish hold up over time? I like my 900 tours but I have to say the finish shows some of the worst wear and tear marks, most of which appear to be from the clubs sliding against each other.

>

> It holds up well on the back of the club. ASI n doesn’t show chatter etc. the sole in my type turf conditions ( clay based Bermuda) it will wear through pretty quick. The faces do show wear quickly too. But it’s fast and once it happens it stays that way. Doesn’t reallly progress. Just looks worn quick. Hope that makes sense?

>

> I have the ability to tape up and very lightly media blast the faces , so I’ll just refresh mine every couple months or so as needed. The wear that shows is really more of a polishing effect. The rough face look gets polished away by the ground and ball contact. Side effect for any satin finish really.

Thanks, and not too worried about sole wear and tear as that's where it should be worn, and impact marks are expected, also in clay/bermuda (Houston). But mine have what essentially look like scratches from the clubs sliding across each other, never seemed to get that with the MP irons I played, although I guess it was traded for more bag chatter. I like a satin finish but a lot don't seem to hold up well.

Titleist 917 D3 9.5* Kiyoshi Black 65-05
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X
(Testing) Titleist T200 3 iron w/ Tensei Raw White 100-X and TSi2 21* w/ HZRDUS RDX Black 80 6.5
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 Raw 47-07 PX 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 Raw 52-08F/56-10S/60-04L PX 6.5/6.0/6.0
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol 1.0

> @Deadpool_25 said:

> And no, Kevin H. You may NOT hit them! :smiley:

Deadpool, you rock. Thanks for the pics. Could you take a few pics showing comparisons to any other irons you have? I feel like I live on a damn island here in NM with no one getting these for weeks. Thanks!

My thought is power specs 8-PW blended with normal spec 5-7 i500's I currently have.

• Like 1

Epic Max LS

Ping hybrid

TM 770/p7mc

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 56*

Ping Tess JAS/TM FCG mallet

I'm a mess.

Ran into a Ping rep yesterday and he was kind enough to show me a 7 iron blueprint. OMGGGG is this thing sexy. At address, it is perfect. It's so small and compact with such a nice shape. The shape with no offset looks so pleasing to my eye. I was lucky enough to hit a few balls on a launch monitor. It was shafted with a DG 120 s300. On centered hits, it felt as good as anything I've ever hit. My goodness it felt so pure. So easy to shape and flight shots. Every good swing resulted in consistent numbers which is what you should expect from a quality muscleback iron. Even on bad swings, I only lost about 7 yards and offline by about 5 yards but that depends on the degree of "bad swing." lol This is definitely a players iron. As a 5 hdcp, I could game these on my best days and even average days but would struggle heavily on bad days.

• Like 1

Sim Max 9* Accra TZ5 M5 65

Sim Ti 14* Fujikura Speeder TR 757x 

Titleist TS3 18* Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8x

Srixon ZX7 4-PW Nippon Modus 125x

Mizuno T20 Raw 50/10, 55/8,  59/6 DG Tour Issue s400

EVNROLL ER2B 

> @craz-e said:

> > @Deadpool_25 said:

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/QY5Dk0j.jpg "")

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/x76CxyZ.jpg "")

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/oXpLzIi.jpg "")

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/Mf2JpL9.jpg "")

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/WxbQu17.jpg "")

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/sv3SZHV.jpg "")

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/srCXBgQ.jpg "")

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/RsVr3ID.jpg "")

> >

> Yummy

>

> I have a Ping demo day in about three weeks time so I can hopefully put up some comparison photos with the Baby Blades

>

really want to see these side by side w/ the BBs. please post this!

• Like 1

SIM 9 Degree set to 10.5 - AD IZ 6TX w/ TP adaptor - plays 44.5"

SIM MAX Ventus Blue 6S - std length

SIM Max 19 Hybrid HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist U510 4I - HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist 620CB 5I-9I - Modus 120X pured/hard stepped, 1 flat

Titleist 620MB PW & Vokey SM8 Raw 50.08F bent 1 weak, 2 flat - X100

Vokey SM8 Raw 54.10S bent 1 weak, 2 flat - S400

Vokey SM8 WW Raw 60 Low K bent 2 flat - S400

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Laguna Two - 36" 

ProV1x - #41

> @mcc0819 said:

> Ran into a Ping rep yesterday and he was kind enough to show me a 7 iron blueprint. OMGGGG is this thing ****. At address, it is perfect. It's so small and compact with such a nice shape. The shape with no offset looks so pleasing to my eye. I was lucky enough to hit a few balls on a launch monitor. It was shafted with a DG 120 s300. On centered hits, it felt as good as anything I've ever hit. My goodness it felt so pure. So easy to shape and flight shots. Every good swing resulted in consistent numbers which is what you should expect from a quality muscleback iron. Even on bad swings, I only lost about 7 yards and offline by about 5 yards but that depends on the degree of "bad swing." lol This is definitely a players iron. As a 5 hdcp, I could game these on my best days and even average days but would struggle heavily on bad days.

I know you only hit a limited number of balls....BUT if forced to make a knee jerk reaction how would you compare the BP to your Z765 in:

1. Feel

2. Forgiveness

3. Length

Of course not holding you to anything, just interested in your gut answers.

Thank you!!

Driver- Titleist Tsi2 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - TM Sim with Ventus Blue

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-GW - PXG Gen3 0311P with Accra Tour graphite shafts

59 and 54 Ping Pro Forged irons with Steel Fiber shafts

Scotty Newport 2

> @Llortamaisey said:

> > @Deadpool_25 said:

> > Well...**** now I feel bad. Apparently they aren’t supposed to be available until the 30th. They’re no longer available on the rack and I shouldn’t have posted pics.

>

> Welp... they’re goes their ping account

>

seriously, ping will stalin'ize them and they will not be able to sell their equipment. They are super duper strict about it.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

> @Deadpool_25 said:

> Well...**** now I feel bad. Apparently they aren’t supposed to be available until the 30th. They’re no longer available on the rack and I shouldn’t have posted pics.

Sucks, but not your fault. PING makes it REALLY clear to their accounts what day they can display new clubs. It's on a bright pink or yellow slip of paper in the boxes.

TS3 10.5 (A1) Project X Even Flow White 65 6.0

TS2 15 (B1) Project X Even Flow White 75 6.0
TS3 19 (C4) Project X Even Flow White 90 6.0
PING iBlade 4-5 DGS400
PING Blueprint 6-PW DGS400
SM7 51, 56, 60 in Tour Chrome, DG S200
Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newport 
Pro V1x YELLOW / Vice Pro+ Lime / Srixon Z-Star XV Yellow

> @towncryer said:

> > @Deadpool_25 said:

> > Well...**** now I feel bad. Apparently they aren’t supposed to be available until the 30th. They’re no longer available on the rack and I shouldn’t have posted pics.

>

> Sucks, but not your fault. PING makes it REALLY clear to their accounts what day they can display new clubs. It's on a bright pink or yellow slip of paper in the boxes with the clubs.

PING iBlade 4-5 DGS400

> @Llortamaisey said:

> > @Deadpool_25 said:

>

>

Yep, some shop owner is not going to be very happy today.

Word of caution for the i500 split set makers. Make sure you try them before you decide to blend them with blueprints. Many despise the feel.

There is also zero steadfast rule you have to blend with another ping iron, ESPECIALLY when the models look so different from another. Expand your mind folks! Great alternative options for 3-6 iron in other brands. Many that I’d choose easily over i500

• Like 2

> @Llortamaisey said:

> > @Deadpool_25 said:

>

>

I certainly hope not.

Anyway, I just hit them and wow are they amazing. Super solid. Even the 4i was fine for me. The heads are small but not noticeably smaller than my 718mbs were. At least not that I can tell. The MB’s are gone so I can’t compare though. Ping has a winner here for sure.

> @BearQ said:

> Word of caution for the i500 split set makers. Make sure you try them before you decide to blend them with blueprints. Many despise the feel.

>

> There is also zero steadfast rule you have to blend with another ping iron, ESPECIALLY when the models look so different from another. Expand your mind folks! Great alternative options for 3-6 iron in other brands. Many that I’d choose easily over i500

I’m think about blending them with my TM 790s. 4-6 790 and 7-pw BP. I’m sure ping purests will say I’m crazy for mixing them but I really like my 790 long irons

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

> @Deadpool_25 said:

> > @Llortamaisey said:

> > > @Deadpool_25 said:

> > > Well...**** now I feel bad. Apparently they aren’t supposed to be available until the 30th. They’re no longer available on the rack and I shouldn’t have posted pics.

> >

> > Welp... they’re goes their ping account

> >

>

> I certainly hope not.

>

> Anyway, I just hit them and wow are they amazing. Super solid. Even the 4i was fine for me. The heads are small but not noticeably smaller than my 718mbs were. At least not that I can tell. The MB’s are gone so I can’t compare though. Ping has a winner here for sure.

Mind me asking if yours was a early order or did a shop sell you some early?

TM Sim2 max 9* TB 70TX

TM Sim2 max 16.5 MMT 70x 

I spent about 30 minutes hitting my buddy’s Blueprints today on Trackman, as he is a Ping Ambassador.

They felt incredible, and actually got my launch and spin into a higher window but optimal across the board.

I don’t recall seeing 140mph ball speed with 4 iron previously on any irons, and my launch of 14 and 4800 spin resulted in about a 220 carry, which was more than optimal.

Ping fans will love them, and the Ping cast snobs can rejoice, because hands down they’re the nicest looking and feeling Pings I have every seen and hit.

Yes they’re smaller, but by no means were they intimidating.

• Like 2

> @rxk9fan said:

> > @mcc0819 said:

> > Ran into a Ping rep yesterday and he was kind enough to show me a 7 iron blueprint. OMGGGG is this thing ****. At address, it is perfect. It's so small and compact with such a nice shape. The shape with no offset looks so pleasing to my eye. I was lucky enough to hit a few balls on a launch monitor. It was shafted with a DG 120 s300. On centered hits, it felt as good as anything I've ever hit. My goodness it felt so pure. So easy to shape and flight shots. Every good swing resulted in consistent numbers which is what you should expect from a quality muscleback iron. Even on bad swings, I only lost about 7 yards and offline by about 5 yards but that depends on the degree of "bad swing." lol This is definitely a players iron. As a 5 hdcp, I could game these on my best days and even average days but would struggle heavily on bad days.

>

> I know you only hit a limited number of balls....BUT if forced to make a knee jerk reaction how would you compare the BP to your Z765 in:

> 1. Feel

> 2. Forgiveness

> 3. Length

>

> Of course not holding you to anything, just interested in your gut answers.

> Thank you!!

1. The feel is slightly different between the BP and the z765. Probably due to them being different types of steel. That being said, both feel similar on centered hits with the BP feeling slightly better. (nothing better than hitting an MB right on the sweet spot). But you more feedback on the blueprint since it's such a small footprint.

2. z765 has much more forgiveness. On mishits, I typically only lose about 3-5 yards short with the z765 but with the BP I lost a few more yards short and a few more yards offline. Not a whole lot of help with the BPs.

3. Do you mean distance when you say length? If so, distance control with both clubs are spot on. I found it easier to shape shots with the BP because of the thinner sole and zero offset. BP did spin a couple hundred rpm's more but distance didn't suffer. My stock 7 iron is 177 with the 765s. With the BPs, I was averaging 175. So slightly less distance in comparison with the 765s but the lofts are a tad weaker i believe.

Sim Max 9* Accra TZ5 M5 65

Sim Ti 14* Fujikura Speeder TR 757x 

Titleist TS3 18* Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8x

Srixon ZX7 4-PW Nippon Modus 125x

Mizuno T20 Raw 50/10, 55/8,  59/6 DG Tour Issue s400

EVNROLL ER2B 

Am I the only one thinking of blending with iblades? Stock lengths are different so will tackle that. Will start with PW 1.25" over and drop in 1/4" per club

I'm thinking 5/6 iblade and 7-PW in blueprints. Both in powerspec lofts

And I think the fuji MCI 100's in my s55's may move into them nicely (order in with Modus 105) ....

• Like 1

TMade ‘16 M2 10.5* Vnts Blue 6x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* GD AD DJ 6x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Fuji TS 8.2s

Cally Apex '16 4h 23* Matrix 92x

Cally Apex ‘19 5h 26* Matrix 92x
Srixon ZX7 6-9 PX Catalyst 6.5
Ping Glide OG 46*, 50*, 54* & 59*ES SF 125s

Piretti Matera Elite torched

> @cardoustie said:

> Am I the only one thinking of blending with iblades? Stock lengths are different so will tackle that. Will start with PW 1.25" over and drop in 1/4" per club

> I'm thinking 5/6 iblade and 7-PW in blueprints. Both in powerspec lofts

> And I think the fuji MCI 100's in my s55's may move into them nicely (order in with Modus 105) ....

Basically my thought process, the iBlades are so ridiculously easy to hit through the set that I wondered if I could blend the BP’s with them, just not sure whether to start at 7 or 8 iron.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

> @cardoustie said:

> Am I the only one thinking of blending with iblades? Stock lengths are different so will tackle that. Will start with PW 1.25" over and drop in 1/4" per club

> I'm thinking 5/6 iblade and 7-PW in blueprints. Both in powerspec lofts

> And I think the fuji MCI 100's in my s55's may move into them nicely (order in with Modus 105) ....

I'm going to blend with my current set of iBlades. I'm thinking of ordering 5-PW in Blueprint in iBlade lengths +1/2".

• Like 1

PING iBlade 4-5 DGS400