2019 Ping Blueprint Irons - New in hand photos

GolfWRX

> @Skaffa77 said:

> Oh man...now I have to go buy a new set of Pings. Great looking clubs and a 2 iron option which is RARE these days (not talking driving irons/hybrids). Mizuno stopped making them, Titleist only offers it in the CB...

Not to derail this discussion, because I may grab a set of the BP's as well, but the Wilson Staff Model blades can also be ordered with a 2 iron (RH only)

• Like 2

Driver: MYSim2 @ 8º w/ Ventus Velocore Blue 6s

Fairway: Titleist 915F 3w @15º w/ Diamana S+ 70s

Fairway: Sub70 939x 5w 18º w/ ProjectX Low Launch 6.0

Irons: Miura 4-6 (TC201), 7-PW (MB101) w/ MMT 105TX (ss*1)

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

> @From_Parts_Unknown said:

> I had a chance to demo a set of Blueprint irons and Ping totally botched this iron.

>

> First, it's an 8620 head, they're not supposed to feel as soft as they do. It's fugazi carbon steel. They should be much harder than they are, Ping should not have made these soft feeling, it's deceptive and could warrant a class action suit based on fraud. A golfer buying these because he thinks they're going to be that nice hard Ping feeling like Karsten use to make will be completely disappointed.

>

> Second, the irons are way too forgiving. Small headed muscle back blades are not supposed to have any MOI. That 4 iron should be much harder to hit than it is, period! I bet it's that tungsten screw that is **** it up. Ping should have found another way to alter swing weight without giving the head forgiveness. You can't make muscle back irons with forgiveness, it's irresponsible. The next thing you know, 10-15 handicaps are going to be playing blades. Next thing you know, this set is going to be cannibalizing the G410 sales, and that's just bad business.

>

> It's clear to me why Ping never made a set of muscle back irons, they have no idea how to do it. Someone needs to send them a set of baby blades so they can understand that muscle backs should only be soft if you use real carbon steel forged by Eitri on Nidavellir using 22 different dies, and most importantly, they shouldn't be easy to hit. Terrible.

I’m waiting for my set with F. Lee Baileys grandson on speed dial !! Ping you’ll never get away with this !!

• Like 2

TM Sim2 max 9* TB 70TX

TM 300 13.5* Tensei CK blue 80TX

TM Sim2 max 16.5 MMT 70x 

Tsi2 21* graphite design Ad IZ 8s 

Titleist T100 5-pw MMT 125 TX 

Very sm7 50 edel sms 54 58 MMT 125 TX 

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

> @Cruisin1966 said:

> > @Skaffa77 said:

> > Oh man...now I have to go buy a new set of Pings. Great looking clubs and a 2 iron option which is RARE these days (not talking driving irons/hybrids). Mizuno stopped making them, Titleist only offers it in the CB...

>

> Not to derail this discussion, because I may grab a set of the BP's as well, but the Wilson Staff Model blades can also be ordered with a 2 iron (RH only)

Good to know...Wilson is one of the few...I haven't been following Wilson as closely since I purchased a set of FG62 (with a 2 iron).

> I had a chance to demo a set of Blueprint irons and Ping totally botched this iron.

>

> First, it's an 8620 head, they're not supposed to feel as soft as they do. It's fugazi carbon steel. They should be much harder than they are, Ping should not have made these soft feeling, it's deceptive and could warrant a class action suit based on fraud. A golfer buying these because he thinks they're going to be that nice hard Ping feeling like Karsten use to make will be completely disappointed.

>

> Second, the irons are way too forgiving. Small headed muscle back blades are not supposed to have any MOI. That 4 iron should be much harder to hit than it is, period! I bet it's that tungsten screw that is **** it up. Ping should have found another way to alter swing weight without giving the head forgiveness. You can't make muscle back irons with forgiveness, it's irresponsible. The next thing you know, 10-15 handicaps are going to be playing blades. Next thing you know, this set is going to be cannibalizing the G410 sales, and that's just bad business.

>

> It's clear to me why Ping never made a set of muscle back irons, they have no idea how to do it. Someone needs to send them a set of baby blades so they can understand that muscle backs should only be soft if you use real carbon steel forged by Eitri on Nidavellir using 22 different dies, and most importantly, they shouldn't be easy to hit. Terrible.

They are every bit as soft feeling as the 2010 and 2013 forged Ansers..Just think how much money Cleveland and Titleist could make if they forged their 8620 cast wedges. kind of amazing Bob Vokey and Cleveland wedges haven’t thought of that yet.. Wonder if Roger Cleveland is forging 8620 for Callaway wedges..

One 1025 forged iron they do feel softer than are the recently released TW irons with tungsten plug for a “deeper feeling” Maybe the Next Tiger iron will be forged 8620 with toe and hosel tungsten weights, after Tiger catches up on material advancements..Sure would have thought MT and the oven would have presented this superior iron material to Tiger while at Nike and now TM. Wonder if Ping during their complex forging process anneals each head 72 hours in straw ash. Also wonder if they even vary the metal temperature during forging.

> @towncryer said:

> > @cardoustie said:

> > Am I the only one thinking of blending with iblades? Stock lengths are different so will tackle that. Will start with PW 1.25" over and drop in 1/4" per club

> > I'm thinking 5/6 iblade and 7-PW in blueprints. Both in powerspec lofts

> > And I think the fuji MCI 100's in my s55's may move into them nicely (order in with Modus 105) ....

>

> I'm going to blend with my current set of iBlades. I'm thinking of ordering 5-PW in Blueprint in iBlade lengths +1/2".

Same. I got mine really about the same as my iBlades, and I plan to work them in one at a time. I got the whole set because I plan to go all the way to a 5-iron, but the iBlades are going to let me wade into the pool and not get sudden shrinkage.

• Like 1

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

> @Pinging77 said:

> > @From_Parts_Unknown said:

> > I had a chance to demo a set of Blueprint irons and Ping totally botched this iron.

> >

> > First, it's an 8620 head, they're not supposed to feel as soft as they do. It's fugazi carbon steel. They should be much harder than they are, Ping should not have made these soft feeling, it's deceptive and could warrant a class action suit based on fraud. A golfer buying these because he thinks they're going to be that nice hard Ping feeling like Karsten use to make will be completely disappointed.

> >

> > Second, the irons are way too forgiving. Small headed muscle back blades are not supposed to have any MOI. That 4 iron should be much harder to hit than it is, period! I bet it's that tungsten screw that is **** it up. Ping should have found another way to alter swing weight without giving the head forgiveness. You can't make muscle back irons with forgiveness, it's irresponsible. The next thing you know, 10-15 handicaps are going to be playing blades. Next thing you know, this set is going to be cannibalizing the G410 sales, and that's just bad business.

> >

> > It's clear to me why Ping never made a set of muscle back irons, they have no idea how to do it. Someone needs to send them a set of baby blades so they can understand that muscle backs should only be soft if you use real carbon steel forged by Eitri on Nidavellir using 22 different dies, and most importantly, they shouldn't be easy to hit. Terrible.

>

> They are every bit as soft feeling as the 2010 and 2013 forged Ansers..Just think how much money Cleveland and Titleist could make if they forged their 8620 cast wedges. kind of amazing Bob Vokey and Cleveland wedges haven’t thought of that yet.. Wonder if Roger Cleveland is forging 8620 for Callaway wedges..

>

> One 1025 forged iron they do feel softer than are the recently released TW irons with tungsten plug for a “deeper feeling” Maybe the Next Tiger iron will be forged 8620 with toe and hosel tungsten weights, after Tiger catches up on material advancements..Sure would have thought MT and the oven would have presented this superior iron material to Tiger while at Nike and now TM. Wonder if Ping during their complex forging process anneals each head 72 hours in straw ash. Also wonder if they even vary the metal temperature during forging.

Unless my sarcasm meter is broken, I think you missed the wink in his original post...

G400Max Xtorsion 60S | Cobra F9 3W Devo 7S | F9 3H Devo 8S

XL Halo 5H | G425 6-7H Tensei OrangeS |  Halo XL 8-DW CypherS

Glide3 Eye2 55-60 Recoil Proto W | Nova or ER2B

> @Kball10 said:

> I am currently gaming Apex Pro 16 - not sure if I can handle Blueprints or not. Might at least demo them.

Worth a try, I came from Apex CF16’s to iBlade and the transition was seamless. Be honest with yourself, consider a combo set if the short irons perform but the long irons require something you don’t have in your skill set yet. You could always combo with the CF16’s and just bring the lofts down to normal.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

Hit the 4, 7, and PW outdoors last night at my local shop, they just got them in that morning. They were shafted with DG 120 stiff which I was not getting along with. Would be nice if they had a fitting head like the rest of their irons to try with your shaft of choice. Anyhow, when I did catch one out of the middle, they felt great, nice strong ball flight. They have a very short blade length, made my 919 Tours look huge when sitting side by side. Would like to see them side by side with some Baby blades. I noticed while doing this that the club length was shorter than my 919s, at least a half inch, if not more, and my 919s are standard Mizuno lengths.

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9* Ventus Black 6TX

Fairway: Off-season testing

Irons: Ping I210 4-UW Modus 120X

Wedge: Ping Glide Forged Pro 54S Modus 125 Wedge

Wedge: Ping Glide Forged Pro 59S Eye2 Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Tour Issue Odyssey Protype PT12 Butane Finish

To be fair. 919 isn’t a small iron really. They have a pretty long blade length

• Like 1

TM Sim2 max 9* TB 70TX

TM 300 13.5* Tensei CK blue 80TX

TM Sim2 max 16.5 MMT 70x 

Tsi2 21* graphite design Ad IZ 8s 

Titleist T100 5-pw MMT 125 TX 

Very sm7 50 edel sms 54 58 MMT 125 TX 

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

> @GolfChannel said:

> > @Kball10 said:

> > I am currently gaming Apex Pro 16 - not sure if I can handle Blueprints or not. Might at least demo them.

>

> Worth a try, I came from Apex CF16’s to iBlade and the transition was seamless. Be honest with yourself, consider a combo set of the short irons perform but the long irons require something you don’t have in your skill set yet. You could always combo with the CF16’s and just bring the lofts down to normal.

Yeah - I really am waiting for the iBlade replacement

> @jblough99 said:

> Hit the 4, 7, and PW outdoors last night at my local shop, they just got them in that morning. They were shafted with DG 120 stiff which I was not getting along with. Would be nice if they had a fitting head like the rest of their irons to try with your shaft of choice. Anyhow, when I did catch one out of the middle, they felt great, nice strong ball flight. They have a very short blade length, made my 919 Tours look huge when sitting side by side. Would like to see them side by side with some Baby blades. I noticed while doing this that the club length was shorter than my 919s, at least a half inch, if not more, and my 919s are standard Mizuno lengths.

I got to try these as well, the heads look amazing. I really like the way they look. I also do not like the dg 120 shaft. I have tried it in a few heads and I think it is the lightness of it. I don’t know, we don’t get along at all. I would really love to get these I am just not sure they are worth the money. The cobra mb iron is amazing and only 1099 for 7 clubs, I am. I am curious to see what mizuno has in the works. We will see. I have very rarely been an early adopter. The epic flash is really the only club that I have put in my bag pretty much at launch.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

> @RodrigoNicely said:

> > @Wardonation said:

> > $113 cost per iron...

>

> You can’t do that bro!!

>

Especially when it's inaccurate...

• Like 1

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @jblough99 said:

> > Hit the 4, 7, and PW outdoors last night at my local shop, they just got them in that morning. They were shafted with DG 120 stiff which I was not getting along with. Would be nice if they had a fitting head like the rest of their irons to try with your shaft of choice. Anyhow, when I did catch one out of the middle, they felt great, nice strong ball flight. They have a very short blade length, made my 919 Tours look huge when sitting side by side. Would like to see them side by side with some Baby blades. I noticed while doing this that the club length was shorter than my 919s, at least a half inch, if not more, and my 919s are standard Mizuno lengths.

>

> I got to try these as well, the heads look amazing. I really like the way they look. I also do not like the dg 120 shaft. I have tried it in a few heads and I think it is the lightness of it. I don’t know, we don’t get along at all. I would really love to get these I am just not sure they are worth the money. The cobra mb iron is amazing and only 1099 for 7 clubs, I am. I am curious to see what mizuno has in the works. We will see. I have very rarely been an early adopter. The epic flash is really the only club that I have put in my bag pretty much at launch.

Have you hit the z forged? I did an iron fitting 2 weeks ago and hit almost every blade available except for P7TW and these since they weren’t out yet. For me the z forged felt and performed the best. With that being said, I’d still really like to hit these and see how they feel.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Deadpool_25 said:

> > > @Llortamaisey said:

> > > > @Deadpool_25 said:

> > > > Well...**** now I feel bad. Apparently they aren’t supposed to be available until the 30th. They’re no longer available on the rack and I shouldn’t have posted pics.

> > >

> > > Welp... they’re goes their ping account

> > >

> >

> > I certainly hope not.

> >

> > Anyway, I just hit them and wow are they amazing. Super solid. Even the 4i was fine for me. The heads are small but not noticeably smaller than my 718mbs were. At least not that I can tell. The MB’s are gone so I can’t compare though. Ping has a winner here for sure.

>

> Mind me asking if yours was a early order or did a shop sell you some early?

I had my shop email the rep before ordering was even an option. So basically a pre-pre-order lol

>

>

>

I approve of this post.

My impressions are similar so far, but with only a few range sessions on them. I’ll know more after my tournament round tomorrow.

• Like 1

> @mBiden2 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @jblough99 said:

> > > Hit the 4, 7, and PW outdoors last night at my local shop, they just got them in that morning. They were shafted with DG 120 stiff which I was not getting along with. Would be nice if they had a fitting head like the rest of their irons to try with your shaft of choice. Anyhow, when I did catch one out of the middle, they felt great, nice strong ball flight. They have a very short blade length, made my 919 Tours look huge when sitting side by side. Would like to see them side by side with some Baby blades. I noticed while doing this that the club length was shorter than my 919s, at least a half inch, if not more, and my 919s are standard Mizuno lengths.

> >

> > I got to try these as well, the heads look amazing. I really like the way they look. I also do not like the dg 120 shaft. I have tried it in a few heads and I think it is the lightness of it. I don’t know, we don’t get along at all. I would really love to get these I am just not sure they are worth the money. The cobra mb iron is amazing and only 1099 for 7 clubs, I am. I am curious to see what mizuno has in the works. We will see. I have very rarely been an early adopter. The epic flash is really the only club that I have put in my bag pretty much at launch.

>

> Have you hit the z forged? I did an iron fitting 2 weeks ago and hit almost every blade available except for P7TW and these since they weren’t out yet. For me the z forged felt and performed the best. With that being said, I’d still really like to hit these and see how they feel.

I have it the z forged. Great iron. For me, the current cobra feels better than them all. It is a very underappreciated iron. The ping is grest, I think it my be the best looking out there. I am just very price sensitive.

PUTTER; LAB DF2.1

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @jblough99 said:

> > Hit the 4, 7, and PW outdoors last night at my local shop, they just got them in that morning. They were shafted with DG 120 stiff which I was not getting along with. Would be nice if they had a fitting head like the rest of their irons to try with your shaft of choice. Anyhow, when I did catch one out of the middle, they felt great, nice strong ball flight. They have a very short blade length, made my 919 Tours look huge when sitting side by side. Would like to see them side by side with some Baby blades. I noticed while doing this that the club length was shorter than my 919s, at least a half inch, if not more, and my 919s are standard Mizuno lengths.

>

> I got to try these as well, the heads look amazing. I really like the way they look. I also do not like the dg 120 shaft. I have tried it in a few heads and I think it is the lightness of it. I don’t know, we don’t get along at all. I would really love to get these I am just not sure they are worth the money. The cobra mb iron is amazing and only 1099 for 7 clubs, I am. I am curious to see what mizuno has in the works. We will see. I have very rarely been an early adopter. The epic flash is really the only club that I have put in my bag pretty much at launch.

I have hit both extensively. I like the Cobra's better.

I really wanted to like the Blueprints but they just feel very firm almost hard to me..... Not like a typical forging

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @mBiden2 said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @jblough99 said:

> > > > Hit the 4, 7, and PW outdoors last night at my local shop, they just got them in that morning. They were shafted with DG 120 stiff which I was not getting along with. Would be nice if they had a fitting head like the rest of their irons to try with your shaft of choice. Anyhow, when I did catch one out of the middle, they felt great, nice strong ball flight. They have a very short blade length, made my 919 Tours look huge when sitting side by side. Would like to see them side by side with some Baby blades. I noticed while doing this that the club length was shorter than my 919s, at least a half inch, if not more, and my 919s are standard Mizuno lengths.

> > >

> > > I got to try these as well, the heads look amazing. I really like the way they look. I also do not like the dg 120 shaft. I have tried it in a few heads and I think it is the lightness of it. I don’t know, we don’t get along at all. I would really love to get these I am just not sure they are worth the money. The cobra mb iron is amazing and only 1099 for 7 clubs, I am. I am curious to see what mizuno has in the works. We will see. I have very rarely been an early adopter. The epic flash is really the only club that I have put in my bag pretty much at launch.

> >

> > Have you hit the z forged? I did an iron fitting 2 weeks ago and hit almost every blade available except for P7TW and these since they weren’t out yet. For me the z forged felt and performed the best. With that being said, I’d still really like to hit these and see how they feel.

>

> I have it the z forged. Great iron. For me, the current cobra feels better than them all. It is a very underappreciated iron. The ping is grest, I think it my be the best looking out there. I am just very price sensitive.

Cobra's are so underated.... one of the best blades on the market.

• Like 2

Cobra mb getting some love here

It’s so good, I’m playing the gap wedge as a stand-alone (probably only one in universe doing so)

And only cause I’m already legendary z945 4-P.

I’m rightfully excited for these irons and a couple other releases. But you don’t move on from what I play until grooves are gone

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) "The FREAK" Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9* (10*), Accra TZ6/M5 72g X

CALLAWAY Apex UW 17* LAGolf Tour Issue Prototype Trono 75x

PXG GEN4 0311ST, Xtreme Dark, 4 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout

PXG GEN4 0311T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout

PXG GEN4 0311XP/GEN0311P, Xtreme Dark, 5 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 56*/10, 60*/7, PX 6.5 Blackout //  CALLAWAY JAWS MD5 Custom Wedges, 54*(55*)/10S, 60*/08C; PX LS 6.5....TOULON GARAGE Austin Custom Rose Gold // SCOTTY CAMERON Santa Fe T3 Custom Antique Copper  .... STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550// Cobalt Q6 Slope

• Like 1

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) "The FREAK" Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9* (10*), Accra TZ6/M5 72g X

CALLAWAY Apex UW 17* LAGolf Tour Issue Prototype Trono 75x

PXG GEN4 0311ST, Xtreme Dark, 4 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout

PXG GEN4 0311T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout

PXG GEN4 0311XP/GEN0311P, Xtreme Dark, 5 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 56*/10, 60*/7, PX 6.5 Blackout //  CALLAWAY JAWS MD5 Custom Wedges, 54*(55*)/10S, 60*/08C; PX LS 6.5....TOULON GARAGE Austin Custom Rose Gold // SCOTTY CAMERON Santa Fe T3 Custom Antique Copper  .... STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550// Cobalt Q6 Slope

> @speeder757 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > @jblough99 said:

> > > > > Hit the 4, 7, and PW outdoors last night at my local shop, they just got them in that morning. They were shafted with DG 120 stiff which I was not getting along with. Would be nice if they had a fitting head like the rest of their irons to try with your shaft of choice. Anyhow, when I did catch one out of the middle, they felt great, nice strong ball flight. They have a very short blade length, made my 919 Tours look huge when sitting side by side. Would like to see them side by side with some Baby blades. I noticed while doing this that the club length was shorter than my 919s, at least a half inch, if not more, and my 919s are standard Mizuno lengths.

> > > >

> > > > I got to try these as well, the heads look amazing. I really like the way they look. I also do not like the dg 120 shaft. I have tried it in a few heads and I think it is the lightness of it. I don’t know, we don’t get along at all. I would really love to get these I am just not sure they are worth the money. The cobra mb iron is amazing and only 1099 for 7 clubs, I am. I am curious to see what mizuno has in the works. We will see. I have very rarely been an early adopter. The epic flash is really the only club that I have put in my bag pretty much at launch.

> > >

> > > Have you hit the z forged? I did an iron fitting 2 weeks ago and hit almost every blade available except for P7TW and these since they weren’t out yet. For me the z forged felt and performed the best. With that being said, I’d still really like to hit these and see how they feel.

> >

> > I have it the z forged. Great iron. For me, the current cobra feels better than them all. It is a very underappreciated iron. The ping is grest, I think it my be the best looking out there. I am just very price sensitive.

>

> Cobra's are so underated.... one of the best blades on the market.

The blueprints have an almost perfect shape to my eye looking down at them. They are sooo good. I just think for the money cobra is really punching out of its weight class! Tungsten in the toe and in the sole make for a very forgiving blade. I would love to get the blueprints and if money was no issue I would.

• Like 1

PUTTER; LAB DF2.1

Still one of the best descriptions of carbon steel (1020) versus steel alloy (8620) by “Fairway Fred” who I would remind people actually was involved in making clubs, not just repeating urban legends or inventing facts. You can machine a full club from a cast block of 8620, you can not machine a full club from a block of 1020. You can not cast a block of true carbon steel there are too many pinhole flaws in such a casting. That is the reason for the forging process of a billet, thru heat and strikes to remove the material flaws. From that product machining, grinding, polishing, finishing can occur (including storing repeatable sole grinds). If you used a block of cast carbon steel to fully machine a club, the risk is too great somewhere along the machining process pinhole flaws will appear (that are removed during forging) and it would be scrapped and started over (multiplied times 8 or 9 2-P)..

Per Fred:

“1020 is a true carbon steel while 8620 is a steel alloy that is not carbon steel but shares some properties (like rusting) of real carbon steel. "8620 Carbon Steel" does not really exist and is a marketing term coined by the golf industry. Any steel with 4 numbers that starts with 10 is a true carbon steel. For example 1018, 1020, 1025, 1030 are all used in forgings and cannot be cast. Clubs that are made from 8620 steel are typically cast (like our Scratch 8620 wedge or a Vokey wedge) or "form forged" (like some Cleveland wedges or any club made from 8620 steel that says its Forged). I do not know of any golf clubs made from 8620 that are truly forged like a 10 series true carbon steel. The second 2 numbers are the carbon content of the steel and the lower that number the softer the steel. So 1020 and 8620 have similar carbon content but otherwise are very different and 1020 carbon steel is softer than 1025 or 1030 etc.”

In another post when asked if 8620 could be forged “Tom Wishon” remarked “anything can be forged you just need a big enough hammer”..

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @mBiden2 said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @jblough99 said:

> > > > Hit the 4, 7, and PW outdoors last night at my local shop, they just got them in that morning. They were shafted with DG 120 stiff which I was not getting along with. Would be nice if they had a fitting head like the rest of their irons to try with your shaft of choice. Anyhow, when I did catch one out of the middle, they felt great, nice strong ball flight. They have a very short blade length, made my 919 Tours look huge when sitting side by side. Would like to see them side by side with some Baby blades. I noticed while doing this that the club length was shorter than my 919s, at least a half inch, if not more, and my 919s are standard Mizuno lengths.

> > >

> > > I got to try these as well, the heads look amazing. I really like the way they look. I also do not like the dg 120 shaft. I have tried it in a few heads and I think it is the lightness of it. I don’t know, we don’t get along at all. I would really love to get these I am just not sure they are worth the money. The cobra mb iron is amazing and only 1099 for 7 clubs, I am. I am curious to see what mizuno has in the works. We will see. I have very rarely been an early adopter. The epic flash is really the only club that I have put in my bag pretty much at launch.

> >

> > Have you hit the z forged? I did an iron fitting 2 weeks ago and hit almost every blade available except for P7TW and these since they weren’t out yet. For me the z forged felt and performed the best. With that being said, I’d still really like to hit these and see how they feel.

>

> I have it the z forged. Great iron. For me, the current cobra feels better than them all. It is a very underappreciated iron. The ping is grest, I think it my be the best looking out there. I am just very price sensitive.

I agree with you about the feel of the cobras. The z forged just performed better for me. I am also very price sensitive. That’s why it’s really hard to pass up the z forged. I can’t wait to see the Blueprints in person, but they would have to significantly out perform the ZF for me to consider since the price is such a big difference.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")