2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

2019 Ping Blueprint Irons - New in hand photos

GolfWRX

> @GolfMonster09 said:

> Played the inaugural full 18 with the Blueprints/410 LST wood combo/fresh Glide Forged. The honeymoon ain’t ending any time soon boys. 68 around the home track with a couple bonehead bogeys and at least 5 shortish birdie putts sliding by. These irons allow more shotmaking than I’ve possibly ever enjoyed. High, low, cut, draw, hook to get out of trouble - on command. Distance and distance control are incredible. I’m giddy for the 2 & 3 irons to show up.

What's the feel like on these compared to other OEM's 1025 carbon forgings?

> @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > @GolfMonster09 said:

> > Played the inaugural full 18 with the Blueprints/410 LST wood combo/fresh Glide Forged. The honeymoon ain’t ending any time soon boys. 68 around the home track with a couple bonehead bogeys and at least 5 shortish birdie putts sliding by. These irons allow more shotmaking than I’ve possibly ever enjoyed. High, low, cut, draw, hook to get out of trouble - on command. Distance and distance control are incredible. I’m giddy for the 2 & 3 irons to show up.

>

> What's the feel like on these compared to other OEM's 1025 carbon forgings?

I’d put the feel on these up against any 1025 forging out there. They’re just incredible.

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

> @matchavez said:

> Remember that unlike the US, most countries are inclusive of their sales tax / GST. The US doesn't do it generally because most states are slightly different. So US$213, let's say... that's CA$286, but add 15% to that, and you get $329. So add $28, and you have Canadian prices. This assumes zero import duties, and at least in New Zealand, I know those exist... so given the variance is less than 10%, that's pretty normal.

>

Wat? These will be selling at $550 nzd a piece thanks to the stupid tax (15'%), whatever import duties and super weak nzd. Bear in mind our minimal wage here is only $15 per hour nzd, mental.

> @Kevinnz said:

> > @matchavez said:

> > Remember that unlike the US, most countries are inclusive of their sales tax / GST. The US doesn't do it generally because most states are slightly different. So US$213, let's say... that's CA$286, but add 15% to that, and you get $329. So add $28, and you have Canadian prices. This assumes zero import duties, and at least in New Zealand, I know those exist... so given the variance is less than 10%, that's pretty normal.

> >

>

> Wat? These will be selling at $550 nzd a piece thanks to the stupid tax (15'%), whatever import duties and super weak nzd. Bear in mind our minimal wage here is only $15 per hour nzd, mental.

Is that your calculation based on the USD price etc.. or have you been quoted $550 an iron? That is mind boggling if so.

G430 LST 9*
G15 17.5*
G425 19*
W/S Blade 3-P
S22 51* Zipcore 56* S20 60*
Sigma 2 Arna Stealth

I think stock is going to be about:

$213 * 1.54 conversion = 328*1.15GST 378, and the typical 12% markup, and you get about NZ$425 stock. If you add a grip and an upgraded shaft, you'll get to 550, but I'd expect they'll be 2xUS (numerically) as they usually are. I can get a quote if you want, Beluga, but it'll be a few days.

Also, in the US, if you went $213 plus sales tax of around 9% typically (0% in Oregon, wink wink), you're at about $231. If you convert that to NZD at 1.54, that's roughly $355. About NZ$70/club.

Another way of doing it is ordering one club at a time, and you avoid any NZ GST on the shipping, since it's under the threshold... ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

What do you guys think of PING's usual lack of free/cheap shaft upgrades? For an iron this expensive, I'm shocked at (1) the amount of shafts you have to pay for, and (2) the price they are charging for otherwise "standard" shafts. They want $38/head for C-Tapers... several of their own proprietary PING shafts are even upcharges...

• Like 1

> @tgoodspe1991 said:

> What do you guys think of PING's usual lack of free/cheap shaft upgrades? For an iron this expensive, I'm shocked at (1) the amount of shafts you have to pay for, and (2) the price they are charging for otherwise "standard" shafts. They want $38/head for C-Tapers... several of their own proprietary PING shafts are even upcharges...

I think if you want this club, you aren’t bothered. I wasn’t. I always assume I’m paying a shaft upgrade, for every club. Maybe I’m naive, but I’m only going to play a ~~stick~~ stock shaft in the coincidence it wins out, not price. If I can’t get the right shaft, what’s the point?

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

> @matchavez said:

> > @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > What do you guys think of PING's usual lack of free/cheap shaft upgrades? For an iron this expensive, I'm shocked at (1) the amount of shafts you have to pay for, and (2) the price they are charging for otherwise "standard" shafts. They want $38/head for C-Tapers... several of their own proprietary PING shafts are even upcharges...

> I think if you want this club, you aren’t bothered. I wasn’t. I always assume I’m paying a shaft upgrade, for every club. Maybe I’m naive, but I’m only going to play a stick shaft in the coincidence it wins out, not price. If I can’t get the right shaft, what’s the point?

>

I'm not saying play the stock shaft, but I'm saying most companies offer a variety of no-upcharge shafts that would still be considered "premium". PING charges for almost every upgraded shaft. They even charge an $11/club upgrade for a standard, non-Tour Issue DG R300 or S400. I can't even remember the last time I have seen a company charge an upgrade for a standard Dynamic Gold shaft of any flex. They even charge a small upgrade for some of their own proprietary shafts, lol.

To your point though, if you want the clubs badly enough you'll pay the fee and move on with life. Heck, I might even do that one day. But it doesn't mean it's not a tougher pill to swallow.

C-tapers are an expensive iron shaft. If you love that shaft, go for it! I know plenty of people that love them. Who doesn’t want the absolute best for them in a set?

Just don’t insinuate that all shafts are anywhere near that expensive of an upcharge.

I have project x 6.0’s on order & the upcharge was insignificant.

Ping is lagging behind in the shaft charge department. Always has been. My curiosity is with how smaller brands offer truly exotic upgrades for free or small fees. Yet Ping can’t give you even the modus lineup as a free option. It is pretty disappointing. But the only current gripe I have with an otherwise top notch brand

> @Frid_the_kid said:

> C-tapers are an expensive iron shaft. If you love that shaft, go for it! I know plenty of people that love them. Who doesn’t want the absolute best for them in a set?

> Just don’t insinuate that all shafts are anywhere near that expensive of an upcharge.

> I have project x 6.0’s on order & the upcharge was insignificant.

$30/club for a PX shaft that's offered free almost everywhere else is insignificant? To me, it's not just the price, it's the principle. I've spent my fair share on golf clubs so it's not price that's holding me down. However, I suppose every OEM has a right to do whatever they want and I wouldn't want it to keep anyone from trying their clubs.

Also, regarding C-Taper. They might be expensive on their own, but my quick search shows they're a free shaft from: Taylormade, Callaway, Mizuno, and Cobra. Haven't looked further but that's a lot of competitive options when PING is charging $38/shaft.

> @BearQ said:

> Ping is lagging behind in the shaft charge department. Always has been. My curiosity is with how smaller brands offer truly exotic upgrades for free or small fees. Yet Ping can’t give you even the modus lineup as a free option. It is pretty disappointing. But the only current gripe I have with an otherwise top notch brand

I agree, I have a ton of respect for PING. They're quality always seems great and I have heard amazing stories about their customer service. I guess they have to fund their gold putter vault one way or another!

Banging on PING for not offering a bunch of different shafts for free is understandable. However, I'm going to step out on a limb and defend them a little. I know this is bordering on heresy on WRX, but shaft tinkering is just not that important for most golfers . Sorry. It's not. The club head shape/design has WAY more impact than shaft. If you're playing the right head, the shaft just really serves as a fine focus...a little spin, a little launch...but a LOT of personal preference.

Now...I know I'm on WRX with a bunch of tour-quality ball strikers who simply must dial in their spin into a 50 rpm tolerance and their TRAJ to a .5 degree tolerance...I get that. But the overwhelming majority of all golfers will fit perfectly into stock shafts from PING. It doesn't make sense for them to offer expensive shafts for everyone to satisfy the minority of players who "need" them. They're a smart company, and they know what they're doing from a financial standpoint and an engineering standpoint. They pioneered custom fitting before any of the companies who offer all shafts for free.

If this post gets me banned from WRX, I just want to say how much fun I've had while my time lasted here.

• Like 3

TSi3 9.0 (A4)  Tensei Raw Blue 65 Stiff 

TS2 15 (B1) Project X Even Flow White 75 6.0
TS3 19 (C4) Project X Even Flow White 90 6.0
i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Glide Forged Pro (52/56/60) DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newport 
Pro V1x Yellow 

Also, there is no upcharge for DG S400 or R300 on irons that offer DG as a stock option.

TSi3 9.0 (A4)  Tensei Raw Blue 65 Stiff 

TS2 15 (B1) Project X Even Flow White 75 6.0
TS3 19 (C4) Project X Even Flow White 90 6.0
i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Glide Forged Pro (52/56/60) DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newport 
Pro V1x Yellow 

Well. I’d also spin this in another thought path.

Ping offers far superior stock shaft offerings. The AMT line is nippon made. And a wonderful feeling shaft compared to a lot of the other junk. And their graphite line is made by UST I believe , and also surprisingly stable and true to advertised flex. Which cannot be said about the “ made for “ shafts by other companies. I’d bet they’ve spent more on offering great stock shafts and therefore aren’t offering aftermarket for free. So the bottom line is probably same or similar for ping compared to other oems just with great stock shafts . Factor in the costumer service , and the quality product and the value is there. “ free shafts “ is just a sales gimmick to prop up marginal product that may never be in stock.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Frid_the_kid said:

> It’s clear that you have a bone to pick. Count me out of the argument.

>

> Can we get this conversation back on track.

It's obvious their issue is with Ping's business model and Ping's right to earn a profit margin they deem reasonable. Instead of voting with the their dollars and not buying Ping, they prefer to complain online in multiple threads because it's so much more fun!

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

> @towncryer said:

> Banging on PING for not offering a bunch of different shafts for free is understandable. However, I'm going to step out on a limb and defend them a little. I know this is bordering on heresy on WRX, but shaft tinkering is just not that important for most golfers . Sorry. It's not. The club head shape/design has WAY more impact than shaft. If you're playing the right head, the shaft just really serves as a fine focus...a little spin, a little launch...but a LOT of personal preference.

>

> Now...I know I'm on WRX with a bunch of tour-quality ball strikers who simply must dial in their spin into a 50 rpm tolerance and their TRAJ to a .5 degree tolerance...I get that. But the overwhelming majority of all golfers will fit perfectly into stock shafts from PING. It doesn't make sense for them to offer expensive shafts for everyone to satisfy the minority of players who "need" them. They're a smart company, and they know what they're doing from a financial standpoint and an engineering standpoint. They pioneered custom fitting before any of the companies who offer all shafts for free.

> If this post gets me banned from WRX, I just want to say how much fun I've had while my time lasted here.

This is a forged MB iron catered to good golfers. To nearly everyone buying this set the shaft is going to matter. I can tell you right now I will not get along with the stock shaft they are putting in this club, regardless of how little you say it is going to affect my ball flight. The issue isn't that they don't offer them but that they essentially charge full retail for you to upgrade the shaft. Now I love the look of these clubs and have always played Mizuno, but I would consider these if they were a bit more reasonable. Meanwhile Mizuno doesn't charge me for Project X so I'm inclined to remain loyal. Guess I will have to see what the new Mizuno blade looks like and decide if the cost difference is worth it.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X
Titleist T200 3 Utility Build Thump 90-X
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

I sense a lot of Ping fanatics will be blueprint and 410lst by August

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

> @cardoustie said:

> I sense a lot of Ping fanatics will be blueprint and 410lst by August

Already there brotha. But you’re right, gonna be a popular bag setup.

• Like 1

Bridgestone Tour B XS

I see that bag sir!

Now I am thinking I need to use my DLX cart bag with leather headcovers. Do I go all black version or the black and red and white?

• Like 1

EvnRoll ER9

> @cardoustie said:

> I see that bag sir!

> Now I am thinking I need to use my DLX cart bag with leather headcovers. Do I go all black version or the black and red and white?

Black/red/white. For sure. The leather headcovers are legit.

• Like 1

Bridgestone Tour B XS

> @GolfMonster09 said:

> > @cardoustie said:

> > I sense a lot of Ping fanatics will be blueprint and 410lst by August

>

> Already there brotha. But you’re right, gonna be a popular bag setup.

Well if I knew you well sir I would tell you to go F yourself.

LST due here in 20 days. Irons to be ordered by Saturday

• Like 2

EvnRoll ER9

> @cardoustie said:

> > @GolfMonster09 said:

> > > @cardoustie said:

> > > I sense a lot of Ping fanatics will be blueprint and 410lst by August

> >

> > Already there brotha. But you’re right, gonna be a popular bag setup.

>

> Well if I knew you well sir I would tell you to go F yourself.

> LST due here in 20 days. Irons to be ordered by Saturday

Nothing I haven’t been told before, you’re all good. Being on staff has its perks. My PLD Bruzer should be here Monday or Tuesday.

Now I’m just rubbing it in. I’ll go follow your instructions now...

• Like 2

Bridgestone Tour B XS

> @GolfMonster09 said:

> > @cardoustie said:

> > > @GolfMonster09 said:

> > > > @cardoustie said:

> > > > I sense a lot of Ping fanatics will be blueprint and 410lst by August

> > >

> > > Already there brotha. But you’re right, gonna be a popular bag setup.

> >

> > Well if I knew you well sir I would tell you to go F yourself.

> > LST due here in 20 days. Irons to be ordered by Saturday

>

> Nothing I haven’t been told before, you’re all good. Being on staff has its perks. My PLD Bruzer should be here Monday or Tuesday.

>

> Now I’m just rubbing it in. I’ll go follow your instructions now...

I don't think I could go all Ping again. I do like Glides but ...

Too in love with my sm2 Vokey wedges and gen 1 Apex hybrids

Plus my x7M Scotty and Piretti can't be touched

EvnRoll ER9

> @GolfMonster09 said:

> > @cardoustie said:

> > > @GolfMonster09 said:

> > > > @cardoustie said:

> > > > I sense a lot of Ping fanatics will be blueprint and 410lst by August

> > >

> > > Already there brotha. But you’re right, gonna be a popular bag setup.

> >

> > Well if I knew you well sir I would tell you to go F yourself.

> > LST due here in 20 days. Irons to be ordered by Saturday

>

> Nothing I haven’t been told before, you’re all good. Being on staff has its perks. My PLD Bruzer should be here Monday or Tuesday.

>

> Now I’m just rubbing it in. I’ll go follow your instructions now...

It’s sure does. I’m not on staff. But ..... it has its perks.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock