2019 Ping Blueprint Irons - New in hand photos

GolfWRX

> @JerryTBall said:

> > @Fairway14 said:

> > > @JerryTBall said:

> > > > @jblough99 said:

> > > > > @JerryTBall said:

> > > > > Hey guys quick question, the screws that are at the end of the club Toe, are those all the same weight or are those different weights? Was just curious if I feel the club is a little heavier than I like I was wondering if I just could remove The screw and try to play with it, maybe put a plastic plug in the end?

> > > >

> > > > They come in different weights, its how Ping swingweights the clubs. You could try them with no weights in, wont hurt anything, or send them in to Ping and they will change the weights to lighter ones for you. Someone in this thread got Ping to send them different weights so they could change them out themselves.

> > >

> > > Yeah talked to ping, sending weights not an option he told me. My clubs built to D2 standard length, CP2 standard grip, stronger lofts, I’ve had lies adjusted to my liking. Suggestions are shorten 1/4-1/2”, or heavier grip, or something I just thought of, some sort of counter balance weight under grip!

> > > I don’t want to get so drastic they’re unplayable. PM me for my other option.

> >

> > I doubt you will like heavier grips and, or counter balance weight at grip end. While those options will lower swing weight, they will add to the dead weight of the club. For clubs "feeling too heavy when swung", dead weight is just as significant as swing weight.

> > If you send the set to Ping I think they will install lighter swing weights, which would take your set from D2 to D0 or C9. My opinion is that D2 is a good playable , normal swing weight and you should play several more rounds before changing the weight of the irons. You might find that with some more playing time you like the irons just fine.

>

> You’re probably right, Ping never suggested sending in, so guessing no option there, but could be wrong.

> I work on range more may be my setup fluctuations Between my 410’s and BP’s thus messing with my muscle memory lol

What is the swing weight of your set of 410's ?

Cleveland TL310 10.5* driver

Cleveland HB Launcher 15* 3-wood

Srixon H65  19* 3 hybrid and 22* 4 hybrid

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

410’s are D0 4-8, D0.5 9, and D2 for PW from the factory unless he specified something different.

Driver: Cobra Darkspeed X 9* Tensei 1K Black 65TX

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 13.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 5-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

> @Fairway14 said:

> > @JerryTBall said:

> > > @Fairway14 said:

> > > > @JerryTBall said:

> > > > > @jblough99 said:

> > > > > > @JerryTBall said:

> > > > > > Hey guys quick question, the screws that are at the end of the club Toe, are those all the same weight or are those different weights? Was just curious if I feel the club is a little heavier than I like I was wondering if I just could remove The screw and try to play with it, maybe put a plastic plug in the end?

> > > > >

> > > > > They come in different weights, its how Ping swingweights the clubs. You could try them with no weights in, wont hurt anything, or send them in to Ping and they will change the weights to lighter ones for you. Someone in this thread got Ping to send them different weights so they could change them out themselves.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah talked to ping, sending weights not an option he told me. My clubs built to D2 standard length, CP2 standard grip, stronger lofts, I’ve had lies adjusted to my liking. Suggestions are shorten 1/4-1/2”, or heavier grip, or something I just thought of, some sort of counter balance weight under grip!

> > > > I don’t want to get so drastic they’re unplayable. PM me for my other option.

> > >

> > > I doubt you will like heavier grips and, or counter balance weight at grip end. While those options will lower swing weight, they will add to the dead weight of the club. For clubs "feeling too heavy when swung", dead weight is just as significant as swing weight.

> > > If you send the set to Ping I think they will install lighter swing weights, which would take your set from D2 to D0 or C9. My opinion is that D2 is a good playable , normal swing weight and you should play several more rounds before changing the weight of the irons. You might find that with some more playing time you like the irons just fine.

> >

> > You’re probably right, Ping never suggested sending in, so guessing no option there, but could be wrong.

> > I work on range more may be my setup fluctuations Between my 410’s and BP’s thus messing with my muscle memory lol

>

> What is the swing weight of your set of 410's ?

D1

> @gopherlover said:

> I've seen people comment that they picked up a set 7-pw. What are people comboing these with at the top of the bag? I210's? I500's?

If I get some for next season I'll go straight into hybrids from the 7 iron.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

> @lawsonman said:

> > @gopherlover said:

> > I've seen people comment that they picked up a set 7-pw. What are people comboing these with at the top of the bag? I210's? I500's?

>

> If I get some for next season I'll go straight into hybrids from the 7 iron.

Lawson...I’m pretty much traditional on club setup, had numerous ping hybrids, if you hit a 4 iron or 3 hybrid 190-205, give a good look at the 410 9 wood, what a easy laser club.

> @JerryTBall said:

> > @lawsonman said:

> > > @gopherlover said:

> > > I've seen people comment that they picked up a set 7-pw. What are people comboing these with at the top of the bag? I210's? I500's?

> >

> > If I get some for next season I'll go straight into hybrids from the 7 iron.

>

> Lawson...I’m pretty much traditional on club setup, had numerous ping hybrids, if you hit a 4 iron or 3 hybrid 190-205, give a good look at the 410 9 wood, what a easy laser club.

>

I'm old Jerry! My 3 hybrid only goes about 175. That's a good idea though. I'd definately have to hit one though. My hybrids are pretty steady.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

> @lawsonman said:

> > @JerryTBall said:

> > > @lawsonman said:

> > > > @gopherlover said:

> > > > I've seen people comment that they picked up a set 7-pw. What are people comboing these with at the top of the bag? I210's? I500's?

> > >

> > > If I get some for next season I'll go straight into hybrids from the 7 iron.

> >

> > Lawson...I’m pretty much traditional on club setup, had numerous ping hybrids, if you hit a 4 iron or 3 hybrid 190-205, give a good look at the 410 9 wood, what a easy laser club.

> >

>

> I'm old Jerry! My 3 hybrid only goes about 175. That's a good idea though. I'd definately have to hit one though. My hybrids are pretty steady.

I’m in my mid-60s lol and the blueprint seven iron is about my 160 club. I’m using second swing golf for the first time up in Minnesota I’ve been wanting to try a set of the steel fiber I 95 regular because they do play a little stiffer than regular so I can’t wait to try them.

Question. You guys that have played the S series, are the Blueprints "close" as far as forgiveness from the 6-PW? My favorite Ping iron ever was the S56 which I had no problem playing very well.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

> @gopherlover said:

> I've seen people comment that they picked up a set 7-pw. What are people comboing these with at the top of the bag? I210's? I500's?

I tested the i210's and didn't like the ball flight. Was too high for my liking and quite a difference from the Blueprints. I am actually combo'ing with PXG Gen 2 6-4 iron.

• 2 weeks later...

Just snagged a set of these i500 3/4 and 5-P blueprint, coming from a set of jpx 919 tours, excited to hit them!

QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

QI10 tour 3 15 ventus TR blue 7x

Stealth plus 19 kaili blue 80tx

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

> @collje26 said:

> Just snagged a set of these i500 3/4 and 5-P blueprint, coming from a set of jpx 919 tours, excited to hit them!

Get them from a guy in Toronto? Lol. Was looking at buying the same setup

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

> @Kale_m said:

> > @collje26 said:

> > Just snagged a set of these i500 3/4 and 5-P blueprint, coming from a set of jpx 919 tours, excited to hit them!

>

> Get them from a guy in Toronto? Lol. Was looking at buying the same setup

Yup! Rarely do I get stuff in my specs (red/orange dot) so when I do see if I take full advantage of it. How are you liking your apex mb raws, I played those for the majority of the year.

QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

> @lawsonman said:

> Question. You guys that have played the S series, are the Blueprints "close" as far as forgiveness from the 6-PW? My favorite Ping iron ever was the S56 which I had no problem playing very well.

I've had every iron set in the s series, these are as easy to hit in my opinion

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

> @collje26 said:

> > @Kale_m said:

> > > @collje26 said:

> > > Just snagged a set of these i500 3/4 and 5-P blueprint, coming from a set of jpx 919 tours, excited to hit them!

> >

> > Get them from a guy in Toronto? Lol. Was looking at buying the same setup

>

> Yup! Rarely do I get stuff in my specs (red/orange dot) so when I do see if I take full advantage of it. How are you liking your apex mb raws, I played those for the majority of the year.

They are good. No complaints. Just browsing new stuff

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

> @cardoustie said:

> > @lawsonman said:

> > Question. You guys that have played the S series, are the Blueprints "close" as far as forgiveness from the 6-PW? My favorite Ping iron ever was the S56 which I had no problem playing very well.

>

> I've had every iron set in the s series, these are as easy to hit in my opinion

>

If that is true I’m going to be very happy with my purchase. Loved the iblades but the spin was a major turn off with the tour issue x100 combo. Always love the square look of the ping irons, probably the only company that has managed to nail the wedge for the players cavity release after release.

QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

> @collje26 said:

> > @cardoustie said:

> > > @lawsonman said:

> > > Question. You guys that have played the S series, are the Blueprints "close" as far as forgiveness from the 6-PW? My favorite Ping iron ever was the S56 which I had no problem playing very well.

> >

> > I've had every iron set in the s series, these are as easy to hit in my opinion

> >

>

> If that is true I’m going to be very happy with my purchase. Loved the iblades but the spin was a major turn off with the tour issue x100 combo. Always love the square look of the ping irons, probably the only company that has managed to nail the wedge for the players cavity release after release.

I also had spin issues with iblades ... blueprints are miles better

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Anyone have their Blueprints loft weakend? Im kicking around the idea of bending mine to "old school" lofts. I currently have the 6-PW and was thinking of ordering possibly the 2 iron but for sure the 3-5 to complete the set and was thinking of having the PW bent to 49* and working up in 4* gaps from there. This would mean bending the 7-PW 3* weak, and the 6 iron 2.5*. Not sure if Ping will bend more than 2*. Im sure I can take it to my local shop and they would do what I want but wouldnt want to risk any breakage. The fact that they are 8620 is what scares me. I know this will ad bounce to an already high bounce design, but thats not an issue for my swing, I really hit down and through the ball.

> @jblough99 said:

> Anyone have their Blueprints loft weakend? Im kicking around the idea of bending mine to "old school" lofts. I currently have the 6-PW and was thinking of ordering possibly the 2 iron but for sure the 3-5 to complete the set and was thinking of having the PW bent to 49* and working up in 4* gaps from there. This would mean bending the 7-PW 3* weak, and the 6 iron 2.5*. Not sure if Ping will bend more than 2*. Im sure I can take it to my local shop and they would do what I want but wouldnt want to risk any breakage. The fact that they are 8620 is what scares me. I know this will ad bounce to an already high bounce design, but thats not an issue for my swing, I really hit down and through the ball.

Bending them won’t be an issue. They aren’t hard to bend at all.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Current set up! Won't be able to game them in the snow in wisconsin so I'll have to test them out on the simulator and maybe take a trip south.bp517yqh29kq.jpg

u0t8xtxojrbn.jpg

3dhktd4iblkw.jpg

• Like 1

QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

> @bladehunter said:

> > @jblough99 said:

> > Anyone have their Blueprints loft weakend? Im kicking around the idea of bending mine to "old school" lofts. I currently have the 6-PW and was thinking of ordering possibly the 2 iron but for sure the 3-5 to complete the set and was thinking of having the PW bent to 49* and working up in 4* gaps from there. This would mean bending the 7-PW 3* weak, and the 6 iron 2.5*. Not sure if Ping will bend more than 2*. Im sure I can take it to my local shop and they would do what I want but wouldnt want to risk any breakage. The fact that they are 8620 is what scares me. I know this will ad bounce to an already high bounce design, but thats not an issue for my swing, I really hit down and through the ball.

>

> Bending them won’t be an issue. They aren’t hard to bend at all.

Got in contact with Ping and they said they will only bend to what they called "a half club weak" which equates to 1.5*-2* weak per club. That would put my PW at 48* which I could work with and it would let me spread the lofts out a bit on the top end of he bag. Also there pricing is tough to beat. Was quoted $5 per club for loft/lie adjustment unless your getting 6 or more clubs adjusted then its a flat $30 plus $15 to cover return shipping.

Going to see how they gap with current stock lofts and will decide from there.

Anyone have any issue with screws coming loose? My wedge one is loose and was curious if I could just handle it on my own or what others would advise.

QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

> @JerryTBall said:

> 4 of mine worked loose when I had my set, no special tool, I happen to have right star tip from mustang maintenance. I just took off, applied a little blue loctite.

I was thinking of doing the same thing, sadly for me in wisconsin I won't be using them so I might just call up ping and have them fix it as well as check the loft and lies. Thanks!

QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

> @jblough99 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @jblough99 said:

> > > Anyone have their Blueprints loft weakend? Im kicking around the idea of bending mine to "old school" lofts. I currently have the 6-PW and was thinking of ordering possibly the 2 iron but for sure the 3-5 to complete the set and was thinking of having the PW bent to 49* and working up in 4* gaps from there. This would mean bending the 7-PW 3* weak, and the 6 iron 2.5*. Not sure if Ping will bend more than 2*. Im sure I can take it to my local shop and they would do what I want but wouldnt want to risk any breakage. The fact that they are 8620 is what scares me. I know this will ad bounce to an already high bounce design, but thats not an issue for my swing, I really hit down and through the ball.

> >

> > Bending them won’t be an issue. They aren’t hard to bend at all.

>

> Got in contact with Ping and they said they will only bend to what they called "a half club weak" which equates to 1.5*-2* weak per club. That would put my PW at 48* which I could work with and it would let me spread the lofts out a bit on the top end of he bag. Also there pricing is tough to beat. Was quoted $5 per club for loft/lie adjustment unless your getting 6 or more clubs adjusted then its a flat $30 plus $15 to cover return shipping.

>

> Going to see how they gap with current stock lofts and will decide from there.

Geez you got the Tiger specs going.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

> @Golfjack said:

> > @jblough99 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @jblough99 said:

> > > > Anyone have their Blueprints loft weakend? Im kicking around the idea of bending mine to "old school" lofts. I currently have the 6-PW and was thinking of ordering possibly the 2 iron but for sure the 3-5 to complete the set and was thinking of having the PW bent to 49* and working up in 4* gaps from there. This would mean bending the 7-PW 3* weak, and the 6 iron 2.5*. Not sure if Ping will bend more than 2*. Im sure I can take it to my local shop and they would do what I want but wouldnt want to risk any breakage. The fact that they are 8620 is what scares me. I know this will ad bounce to an already high bounce design, but thats not an issue for my swing, I really hit down and through the ball.

> > >

> > > Bending them won’t be an issue. They aren’t hard to bend at all.

> >

> > Got in contact with Ping and they said they will only bend to what they called "a half club weak" which equates to 1.5*-2* weak per club. That would put my PW at 48* which I could work with and it would let me spread the lofts out a bit on the top end of he bag. Also there pricing is tough to beat. Was quoted $5 per club for loft/lie adjustment unless your getting 6 or more clubs adjusted then its a flat $30 plus $15 to cover return shipping.

> >

> > Going to see how they gap with current stock lofts and will decide from there.

>

> Geez you got the Tiger specs going.

I like having a weak PW 48* or 49* so I can just run 2 specialty wedges after that. I’ve found with 3 specialty wedges I end up never using one, mostly end up using the gap and lob. Also I’m a fairly long player and don’t need to hit my PW 150+ yards.