Biggest complaint of apparel

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not enough room in the crotch area in golf pants. Amiright guys???!!!

TM SIM 8* | AutoFlex SF505XX at 46.75"

Mizuno ST-Z 15*| Diamana D+ White 7 X 

TM P790 2 IRON UDI | HZRDUS SMOKE 100 6.5

SRIXON ZX7 3-PW | Mitsubishi MMT 125 TX

Cleveland Zipcore Tour Rack 

50* (Mid) Rounded Edge | Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 125 TX

54* (Full) S Grind | Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 125 TX

TM MY SPIDER X BLACK 34"

TM TP5X

It's super unrealistic but I wish there could be some form of universal sizing. It's tough buying brands that you can't try on and a medium in one brand is huge and is super tight in another. Pant sizes still have variations but they are supposed to be based on measurments (waist and length) so I wish shirts could have some standard of measurement based on chest size and length or something. You buy a dress shirt and it at least includes the neck size or sleeve length...again, I dont expect it to ever happen but it would be nice to have some consistency!

Good topic. I could talk all day.

I hate hate hate shirts these days. Polyester is like wearing a trash bag. Traps heat and feels terrible like plastic. And this is coming from a guy who lives in Texas. I miss the old days with thin cotton Ashworth and Polo Golf.

You must be buying some nasty polo shirts these days. I have pretty much gone all polyester and I am much happier with them.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Even Flow White T1100 6.0
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff Tour AD DI
Titleist T100 4-PW 6.0 Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

www.youtube.com/oneillgolf

I hate hate hate shirts these days. Polyester is like wearing a trash bag. Traps heat and feels terrible like plastic. And this is coming from a guy who lives in Texas. I miss the old days with thin cotton Ashworth and Polo Golf.

You must be buying some nasty polo shirts these days. I have pretty much gone all polyester and I am much happier with them.

I think I'd agree. I was always a huge fan of high grade cotton from the likes of Polo etc but Under Armour transformed the market with what they could do in the polyester space. I've played in -3C and 35C in their various heat/cold options and it's a game changer imo.

• Ping G400 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 X (+16g head weight)
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X 
  • Adams Idea A7 19* & 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
  • Mizuno MP20 HMB 4i KBS C-Taper 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MMC 5-7 Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MB 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 50* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Nike Engage Raw 54* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 60* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Odyssey Stroke Lab

I agree with the above post about the sizing consistency. If you look at the size charts on the company websites they will have the same chest size ranges (i.e. Large = 42-44 in chest) but then you try on the same size shirts from two brands and they fit totally different. After buying/trying on different brands you figure out what size you are in that particular brands. I now know I am a M for Footjoy/Peter Millar but a L for Adidas/Under Armour.

Related to the sizing consistency issue is my bigger issue with the length of the shirts. Most are cut so long that they do not look great if you want to wear them untucked in a more casual setting and when you tuck them in when you play there is so much excess material that it feels uncomfortable. There has to be a happy medium for the length of the shirt where you can tuck it in but still looks good enough untucked.

This is a more niche complaint but I feel as though brands need to do a better job of showcasing and highlighting the apparel that their sponsored players are wearing. I know it might be tough for some of the more widely worn brands on tour to do (ex: Nike) but at least for their bigger name players, have a link on the website for the stuff they are wearing week to week.

I feel as though this would be especially beneficial to smaller brands with a smaller roster of sponsored players. I know there were a few occasions last year when I liked some of the Fairway and Greene shirts that Dufner was wearing but had no clue which ones they were on their website. If they had links to the shirts the players were wearing that week it could lead to sales. That's the reason they pay them to wear their clothes and plaster their logo in size 24 font on the back of the shirt.

It's super unrealistic but I wish there could be some form of universal sizing. It's tough buying brands that you can't try on and a medium in one brand is huge and is super tight in another. Pant sizes still have variations but they are supposed to be based on measurments (waist and length) so I wish shirts could have some standard of measurement based on chest size and length or something. You buy a dress shirt and it at least includes the neck size or sleeve length...again, I dont expect it to ever happen but it would be nice to have some consistency!

I find just as much, if not more, variation in pants as I do in shirts. I have some pants that are 36 and fit great, I have some that are 36 and I can’t even button them anymore. I have some 38 that fall off of me and some I can wear without a belt, and some that I can barely get over my legs but the waist is loose. I absolutely cannot buy pants without trying them on first.

I’ve onpy run across a few shirts that run smaller than others, so I can typically buy shirts in my size and I would say probably 90% of them fit.

Have you tried Criquet?

https://criquetshirts.com

M2 9.5
M2 15
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3
MP18 SC 4-5
MP18 6-PW
SM6 52.8
SM6 56.10
SM6 60.4
2016 Select Newport 2

SIZING: As a 2X / 3X guy the top sizing is all over the map with different brands. Some are tents and some are still tight

Galvin Green has a 2XL that fits like a North American schmedium.

Shorts are a joke. 40 for me. Do the mfr's really think all guys wearing shorts that are 40 are 6'8" tall? Even as a taller guy at 6'2", why do I have to take up pretty much every brand of shorts I buy as they come so LONG it is ludicrous

Ping G400 Max Fuji Ventus Red 6x

Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 73x 

Cally Apex '16 3h 20* KK Silver 80x

Cally Apex '16 4h 23* KK Silver 80x

Srixon ZX7 5i  AD DI di 95x 

Srixon ZX7 6 - PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120s
Vokey SM2 50*, SM2 TVD M 56* & 60*, SM2 64.07

Scotty GoLo 7

Price. I'm now in the industry and understand what this stuff really costs. They are straight up raping consumers.

Dont these smaller businesses really need high margins cause they cant achieve economies of scale?

And are the larger players just taking advantage of the stereotypical golfing consumer--High income, high spender?

Its really the perfect demographic to sell into.

I'm a great big f*cker so I have to go to the big and tall store to buy any kind of golf clothes. And the selection is quite limited and very expensive. So yea I played all last season with 2 pairs of shorts and 2 polos, and some slacks that were a hand me down after moms dad passed. At least my clubs look good I guess.

So I guess I'd like to see more large size options, but of course I realize that there likely isn't a big enough customer base requiring these sizes so I understand....I understand I have no place in this world lol

TM SIM Max 9*  Ventus blue 6-S

Cobra Baffler 3w 16* Tour AD G60-S

Cobra BioCell 5w 19* Matrix RedTie-S

Ping G30 4h 22* TFC 419-R

TM R-11 5-PW KBS 90-S

Cleveland CBX 52* 58* DG 115-W

Mannkrafted rebar Rattler 

More clothing companies adding slim fit options for shirts. I can't stand having so much extra material hanging out of the back, it looks terrible.

Ping G410+ -- VA Nemesys
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 5W -- AD-DI 70x
PXG 0317x 22° -- Nippon G.O.S.T.
PXG 0311P 4-Gw --Nippon Modus 120x
EPON Tour Spin Wedge 54° 58° -- shimada tour wedge
Lamb Crafted Camden -- BGT Stability Tour

Price. I'm now in the industry and understand what this stuff really costs. They are straight up raping consumers.

Dont these smaller businesses really need high margins cause they cant achieve economies of scale?

And are the larger players just taking advantage of the stereotypical golfing consumer--High income, high spender?

Its really the perfect demographic to sell into.

It really comes down to overhead. We don't do enough quantity to get the economies of scale the big guys do, but it allows us to focus on design and quality without worrying about if it will sell. We also get the "I don't want to look like everyone else" crowd.

I think the larger players have alot of people to pay (some very handsomely), plus the marketing budget to help push it.

It's amazing how many of the big boys don't have their own factory. We share a factory with FJ, Greg Norman and Sligo among others.

The pocket within the pocket on my golf shorts. You know, the one that when it isn't swallowing your ball marker to make you look like a fool, It's grabbing ahold of your divot tool so that it can stab you in the leg when you sit down in your cart. If I ever meet the guy responsible for booby trapping my golf drawers with this invention....LOOK OUT! Now get off my lawn :)

Cobra F9 Driver 10.5 (9.5) UST ProForce V2 HL 47"

Taylormade M4 3HL UST ProForce V2 HL 45"

Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 (20.5) Stock Bio Cell 41.75"

3-W Ping Eye 2 White Dot +1.5" ZZ lite

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 56(54) & 60(59) TT Traction Wedge Flex Both 36.75"

Cleveland Classic Huntington Beach #10 35.5"

1. Affordable, lightweight, breathable rain gear.

2. Affordable, lightweight, breathable cold weather gear.

3. Performance materials that are wicking but feel like cotton.

4. Performance materials that don't "popcorn" (my kids term for it) from chest hair (us manly old men have lots of it).

5. Performance materials that don't pick up smells over time.

Ping G400 Max, 9.5, Tour 65 S Cobra AMP Cell 3+ (13) Taylormade RBZ 3HL (17) Wishon 775HS 3Hyb (21) - Modus 120X Mizuno JPX 919 Forged (5-G) - Modus 120X Mizuno S18 - 56 & 60 - Modus 120X Odyssey Sabertooth www.YourGolfHeadcovers.com

100% agreed with above...

& to finish off, man, do I "dislike" polyester. A "snag" on the fabric &u can basically be annoyed, knowing that it can't be fixing & most likely, it'll just get worse!