Golf League Software - What's does your league use?

I've run our league for the last several years and we have always used NetGolfLeague.com to manage the league, but the scoring is a bit limited and doesn't quite give us all the options we want.

What golf league software do your leagues use (particularly if you run a league) and what is your opinion of it?

We use these guys.

https://www.golfscoring.net/home/

Seems decent enough and from the looks of it is pretty customizable.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I custom rolled our own for our 72 person league, 9 teams. Each team 8 people, with AABBCCDD flights, all entry through our league website. Prints cards and matchups. Also, an online sublist for those that can't make it, or want to play. (With72 regulars, we sometimes have had 1/4 the league out). Tracks everyones league handicap, and team points, birdies/bogeys, etc.... All you have to do is put in the scores.

It started out as just a sublist with "wait... you can do that?". (because emails we clogging inboxes with "I need a sub. still need a sub, found a sub. Still need a sub" type emails)

And a few years later... I asked, "why don't we do scoring through it?" "wait... you can do that?" LOL

A fun exercise on the side to keep familiar with web programming stuff. :)

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

At our course we use Unknown Golf (www.UnknownGolf.com) for our League, we have about 200 players in the League with about 50-80 that play every Saturday and Sunday.

Players Sign up online or click a button in an Email that Unknown Golf sends out.  They are plugged into the USGA to retrieve the players handicaps and post all scores back to the USGA. 

They support all formats with Live Scoring, Automated Results, and automate the Flighting for us where every 20 Players a new flight is auto created.  A lot of our players like their Side Bet features that allow players to have side bets / games (Hammer, Wolf, Nine Point, Match Play) within our League Game and Unknown Golf calculates it all for them.

We love it and not only does our league use Unknown Golf, our ladies league at our club does, and the Club itself uses it for everything (MGA, WGA) and all Monday Corporate Outings.

• 1 year later...

Any new developments on league software that also has an android and iphone app for score keeping? I'm in a 20 man league and we're using Google sheets. It's kind of a pita to manage and entering scores in real time on the course is a pain.   I'm looking for a more elegant solution but we've also got a lot of cheapskates so I'd be hard pressed for anything more than $10/man. Also need something that supports subs without adding costs.

Does such a solution exist or is that fantasy?

You might check out this site. One of the groups I belong to uses it.

I believe it's about $100 per year for 50 or so players but I'm not sure if that includes "everything". I know some guys enter scores via their phone in real time.

https://golfgroupcentral.com/Admin/Login

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

• 2 months later...
On 9/4/2022 at 11:12 AM, nsxguy said:

You might check out this site. One of the groups I belong to uses it.

I believe it's about $100 per year for 50 or so players but I'm not sure if that includes "everything". I know some guys enter scores via their phone in real time.

https://golfgroupcentral.com/Admin/Login

The website looks like it was built 20 years ago using Geocities.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 10* Ventus Blue TR

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15* Tensei Blue

Callaway Rogue ST LS 18* Tensei Blue

Ping G425 22* Tensei CK Pro Orange

Titleist T100 5-PW ProjectX LZ

Titleist SM6 50S

Callaway JAWS MD5 56W

Callaway JAWS MD5 60X

1 hour ago, sleuth said:

The website looks like it was built 20 years ago using Geocities.

You're probably right. In point of fact, I talked through some issues with it with the site owner.

But the site, crude as it is, works just fine. And for $100/year, it's a no brainer. :classic_wink:

But if you're interested, another game I'm in uses this site. It's much more robust but I have no idea of the cost.

https://unknowngolf.com/

Titleist Pro V1X

Unknown Golf is fantastic.! We use it for our league, side games, golf trips, group games, and the club recently switched from Golf Genius over to Unknown for all club events and tournaments.  It is very easy to use and does pretty much anything you could want for group / league games, tournaments and the side action.  It is also very affordable.

You can reach out here to get more info: [email protected]

Edited by LookingForBirdies

On 11/7/2022 at 9:30 AM, LookingForBirdies said:

Unknown Golf is fantastic.! We use it for our league, side games, golf trips, group games, and the club recently switched from Golf Genius over to Unknown for all club events and tournaments.  It is very easy to use and does pretty much anything you could want for group / league games, tournaments and the side action.  It is also very affordable.

You can reach out here to get more info: [email protected]

David? That you? 😉

• Haha 1

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

• 2 months later...

i highly recommend Smartgolfsoftware.com

I have used all the programs mentioned above at the courses Ive worked at and these guys are miles ahead of any other program out there and they are still cheaper than Golf Genius / unknowngolf / ez golf / golfscoring.net (which was bought by golf genius) although i heard they may be increasing pricing for next year but our players would kill us if we switched from them.

• 3 months later...

I am currently using the free to use golf.leaguesync.com website and while its super easy to use once set up, the support is now gone and when things break (which they are starting to), there is nobody around to fix it so I am am on the lookout for a replacement.

My club has golf genius and they actually made me an admin. I have run 1 tournament on it and it worked great. I did try to set up our league, however, the handicap options are SEVERLY limited. We use a custom formula and want to continue to, plus not everyone in the league has a GHIN so it makes it hard to handicap our league. Their online documentation is fantastic but it seems like there has to be a way to use your own handicapping and be able to automatically update handicaps for players who dont have a GHIN.

I like golf. A lot.

4 hours ago, TomBomb51 said:

I am currently using the free to use golf.leaguesync.com website and while its super easy to use once set up, the support is now gone and when things break (which they are starting to), there is nobody around to fix it so I am am on the lookout for a replacement.

My club has golf genius and they actually made me an admin. I have run 1 tournament on it and it worked great. I did try to set up our league, however, the handicap options are SEVERLY limited. We use a custom formula and want to continue to, plus not everyone in the league has a GHIN so it makes it hard to handicap our league. Their online documentation is fantastic but it seems like there has to be a way to use your own handicapping and be able to automatically update handicaps for players who dont have a GHIN.

A game I play in uses "Unknown Golf" - unknowngolf.com

I have no idea of the cost. Can't be too much since I don't believe any of our $ throw in every week goes to keep the scores on the site - then again, I've never tried to account for all the throw in $ so I guess it's possible a few dollars of that each week goes toward keeping us on the site. Dunno1.gif

It's a pretty robust site and only a few players have a GHIN. Our scores get uploaded to GHIN each time we play. I have no idea whether that is done automatically or not.

It also has online real-time scoring.

We also have a "customized" handicap formula but again, I have no idea whether the 'caps are adjusted according to a preloaded formula or whether the course pro does it for each golfer after every round.

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1X

On 1/29/2023 at 11:58 PM, suppersunny25 said:

i highly recommend Smartgolfsoftware.com

I have used all the programs mentioned above at the courses Ive worked at and these guys are miles ahead of any other program out there and they are still cheaper than Golf Genius / unknowngolf / ez golf / golfscoring.net (which was bought by golf genius) although i heard they may be increasing pricing for next year but our players would kill us if we switched from them.

1st post. Heh. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Just throwing in another comment since I have been looking into replacements since my last post.

golfleaguetracker.com has a free 4 week trial period which has been great. It has allowed me to set up our league with all of our customizations without too much hassle. There's tons of information on the site, helpful how-to's and there's a lot to learn.

However...

If you have a question and you email support, support is VERY quick to answer which is fantastic. Maybe it is because I am still in the trial period and haven't paid yet, but support isnt too kind in a lot of his responses (saying things like, "there's a big message at the top of the page" which I can clearly see, but I am asking further questions in my request). Working in IT myself, he comes across as your "typical IT guy" where he knows more than you and he's going to let you know (and point out mistakes you may have made). Ive had very basic and even some advanced questions, never demanding or even expecting a response in some cases and he ALWAYS responds, so I give him credit. One of my more advanced questions where I pointed out that his software doesn't do what I need, he just avoids the question and states matter of factly what the site can do, which doesnt help me at all and doesnt come up with ideas for resolution.

If you have a basic'ish league and have a better part of a day to set it up, this site will absolutely do everything you need. I would TRY to avoid going to support for questions, though, unless you really have to.

I like golf. A lot.

• 6 months later...

I'll add to the list, an app that I built called Squabbit (www.squabbitgolf.com). It's got live leaderboards, league stats, handicap management (including importing from GHIN), chat, notifications for upcoming events and tons more. Best of all, it's completely free with no limits or ads. It has an average of 4.9 stars on the app stores and thousands of leagues have been run using it. I build it as a hobby so if there's any features you'd like to see added just let me know, I'm constantly improving it!

• 2 months later...
On 12/20/2023 at 1:45 PM, Jdrouin said:

Our league let’s players make their own matches so there is no set schedule 

I cannot seem to find a program that lets you do that. Not everyone plays every week and sometimes plays two or matches in a week.  Handicaps are redone ever Sunday for whoever played a that week 

any ideas?

Sounds ripe for a Spreadsheet. 

On 3/1/2024 at 7:12 AM, Imp said:

Sounds ripe for a Spreadsheet. 

He's a one-time wonder.

Signed up, made that post, and never came back. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1X

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2023 at 10:02 AM, Orrie said:

I'll add to the list, an app that I built called Squabbit (www.squabbitgolf.com). It's got live leaderboards, league stats, handicap management (including importing from GHIN), chat, notifications for upcoming events and tons more. Best of all, it's completely free with no limits or ads. It has an average of 4.9 stars on the app stores and thousands of leagues have been run using it. I build it as a hobby so if there's any features you'd like to see added just let me know, I'm constantly improving it!

If I’ve got a group of guys that want to play different gambling games. Does this app work for that?

On 3/11/2024 at 10:28 PM, Chunked said:

If I’ve got a group of guys that want to play different gambling games. Does this app work for that?

If you set them up as the league? Probably. I may try this with a buddys trip coming up in the spring.