The year is under way and this is the bag set-up, more of the "old" PING is going to be a fixture this year (G driver and S55), and the "new" is permanently out (G400 driver and iBlade irons). The one new add-on at the start of the year is a single i500 iron, IMO an amazing club. A more completed picture segment to come.

practice round:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The year is under way and this is the bag set-up, more of the "old" PING is going to be a fixture this year (G driver and S55), and the "new" is permanently out (G400 driver and iBlade irons). The one new add-on at the start of the year is a single i500 iron, IMO an amazing club. A more completed picture segment to come.

practice round:

Why did you choose the 55's instead of the iblades Ryan?

Ping G410  10.5 Project X Evenflow 5.5

Ping G425 5 wood
Ping Anser 20* Hybrid

Srixon ZX5's  5-PW

Ping Glide 3.0  50*
Ping Glide
 54 & 58*ES

Bettinardi Queen B 6

Back to the old faithfuls! So what is up with the TP golf balls? Used to be the Bridgestones then Srixons but the TP’s?

John, Bridgestone B330s pre-2017 was a ball I played exclusively for years. Tried SRiXON for a run with the Z-Star XV '17 into '18, ball was fantastic, but veeeeeeery firm. Got some demo TP5 & TP5x (again) from my rep at the end of '18 and finally put them in play (I used to give them all away). I'll tell you what, IMO the TP5 ball has turned out to be the best overall ball among anything I have played. And I'm a firm believer in judging what the ball does around the green and working your way backwards. Love it around the green, 40-80 it's very spinny. Feels great off full wedges, short iron approach shots. Seem to hit it as far as I want with the mid and long irons. LOVE it off my PXG hybrid. And the ball is terrific off the 4wd and Driver. And every shot has some of the best feel/sound I've experienced in a while. Very interested to see how the newest TP5 ball pans out. I'm not even sure how it gets better, but almost unfair if it does.

practice round:

David, Ya know I just never got along with the feel of iBlade compared to S55. Now, obviously having S55 first led to quite a bit more time with that iron than iBlade, and subsequently I know/knew the S55 really well. I also really had no reason to ever change to iBlade, maybe that fact always had me reflecting about it's performance vs my favorite S55. And, since S55 was the first iron of PING that I ever played there might have been that sentimentality with them as well. So eventually I had enough and got off the iBlade. S55 went into the bag and I've been hitting irons really well and have zero interest in changing into anything else, and I mean to the point where I'm not even excited about any kind of Blueprint iron ;) .

practice round:

David, Ya know I just never got along with the feel of iBlade compared to S55. Now, obviously having S55 first led to quite a bit more time with that iron than iBlade, and subsequently I know/knew the S55 really well. I also really had no reason to ever change to iBlade, maybe that fact always had me reflecting about it's performance vs my favorite S55. And, since S55 was the first iron of PING that I ever played there might have been that sentimentality with them as well. So eventually I had enough and got off the iBlade. S55 went into the bag and I've been hitting irons really well and have zero interest in changing into anything else, and I mean to the point where I'm not even excited about any kind of Blueprint iron ;) .

I get it. The S series Pings are special. I got rid of my 56's and I'm going to try the Iblades with some steelfiber graphite shafts and see how that works out. From what little I hit them, the Iblades give me a bit more confidence over the ball and they felt awesome. My first venture into the world of graphite for over 20 years. Have a great season Ryan!

Ping G410  10.5 Project X Evenflow 5.5

Ping G425 5 wood
Ping Anser 20* Hybrid

Srixon ZX5's  5-PW

Ping Glide 3.0  50*
Ping Glide
 54 & 58*ES

Bettinardi Queen B 6

Color me ignorant but never hit S55 but own iblade...... enjoying them immensely.....am I missing anything?

IMO nope. you'd find no more enjoyment if you started with iBlade and went to S55 than if you started with S55 and went to iBlade. my assumption is if you fall in love with one of them first, the second one becomes completely unnecessary.

Color me ignorant but never hit S55 but own iblade...... enjoying them immensely.....am I missing anything?

IMO nope. you'd find no more enjoyment if you started with iBlade and went to S55 than if you started with S55 and went to iBlade. my assumption is if you fall in love with one of them first, the second one becomes completely unnecessary.

Thanks bud ..... next up a Sigma 2 adjustable anser putter! Also I added dynalite gold XP to them and they fit my tempo MUCH better.....

practice round:

Enjoyed the practice round footage. Nice tempo. I always try to learn something and I like your tempo.