Sergio disqualified from the Saudi tournament on the European tour

Don't get me wrong, I think Sergio is an a**.

But, I wonder sometimes with the "friend chicken" comment and now the "suicide bomber" if it's just his sense of humor. I think he would consider himself to be very likable and have a good sense of humor. He just has no filter, and I think some of the blame falls on the Tours for not having given him stronger consequences along the way.

In this case, it would be nice if the ET and PGA had a joint policy that a suspension would be upheld on either tour. If he really had to sit out until after the Masters he probably wouldn't do it again. Going to the champions dinner without teeing it up would be a lot of humble pie.

Would be awesome if the Masters revoked his invite for the year to encourage him to have more respect for other venues. When he made the same "tin cup" shot into the lake last year to miss the cut he didn't act like a jerk. Well, no more of a jerk than it is to try and hit the exact same shot with the exact same result 3 times.

Fuzzy made the same joke.

Also I was not a part of the shoot but I was on the range when Tiger was doing a shoot for Gatorade (a friend who a part of it asked if I wanted to go). Another player came up to say hello during a break, but as he was walking up he goes “I didn’t know Gatorade made fried chicken flavored!” Tiger laughed and shot back “suck on my...” the whole crew just started laughing.

Not really much to add other than share a funny story.

If that's how fuzzy zoeller makes jokes...then...at that moment..watch the video, he was filled with rage, frustration, he was reaching back to his beliefs, culture and views...no comedy central moment there. I would have given him an oscar myself.

Ping G400 LST 8.5 Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI
Cobra LTD PRO / Graffaloy Blue
Cobra F6 Baffler  16 Atmos 7
Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Atmos 7
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Nike VaporProCombo 4-AW DG XP S300/Original Nike Blades 3-PW s300
Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, I wonder sometimes with the "friend chicken" comment and now the "suicide bomber" if it's just his sense of humor. I think he would consider himself to be very likable and have a good sense of humor. He just has no filter, and I think some of the blame falls on the Tours for not having given him stronger consequences along the way.

In this case, it would be nice if the ET and PGA had a joint policy that a suspension would be upheld on either tour. If he really had to sit out until after the Masters he probably wouldn't do it again. Going to the champions dinner without teeing it up would be a lot of humble pie.

Would be awesome if the Masters revoked his invite for the year to encourage him to have more respect for other venues. When he made the same "tin cup" shot into the lake last year to miss the cut he didn't act like a jerk. Well, no more of a jerk than it is to try and hit the exact same shot with the exact same result 3 times.

Also I was not a part of the shoot but I was on the range when Tiger was doing a shoot for Gatorade (a friend who a part of it asked if I wanted to go). Another player came up to say hello during a break, but as he was walking up he goes “I didn’t know Gatorade made fried chicken flavored!” Tiger laughed and shot back “suck on my...” the whole crew just started laughing.

If that's how fuzzy zoeller makes jokes...then...at that moment..watch the video, he was filled with rage, frustration, he was reaching back to his beliefs, culture and views...no comedy central moment there. I would have given him an oscar myself.

Fuzzy made himself into a joke on that occasion ; )

I agree that he wasnt joking. Just steaming that TW lit him up along with his boys at a place TW could have only been a caddie not long before.

You realize just because a racist comment is laughed off by the recipient it doesn’t actually make it less racist? Context of the terms use only serves to clarify the intention of the person saying it, the comment is still racist.

Again, when do we stop entitling the dumb in an age when accurate information is literally only a click away. It’s just lazy. So much for “American Exceptionalism”...

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

Sergio is a tool. Absolute joke. He can play golf with the best of them out there but his attitude and lack of physical and verbal filter make him the laughing stock of the tour. Think about what happens if there are kids out there watching him play and idolizing his moves. Now, all of a sudden, it'll be ok to drag spikes on the green, jab your putter on the green and damage the surface, and go berzerk in a bunker because of a bad lie and a badly raked bunker. I saw that and thought he was a Class A B****.

I'm all for competitiveness and the desire to win but, understand your audience and repercussions.

I don't know. I enjoy an occasional meltdown or two by the pros. Shows the human side of them. And that this game can drive people mad, get to the best of them. These guys are playing for their livelihood with such high stakes. Is it setting a good example for the younger generation? No. But is it entertaining? You betcha!

Driver: Callaway Epic 9.0* Tour AD-IZ Xstiff
3 Wood: Titleist 910 Fd 13.5* Diamana Blueboard Stiff
Hybrid: Ping i20 17* Project X 6.0
Irons: Srixon 745 TT DG S300 4-PW
Wedges: Titleist 718 ap2 50* GW
Titleist SM6 54* M grind SW
Titleist SM6 58* M grind LW
Putter: Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #9

Think we can all say that we are surprised and disappointed with Sergio's latest meltdown (maybe some of us aren't so surprised). It's so easy to judge and criticize his destructive behavior, but I think all of us have had some experience with losing our temper or saying the wrong thing in the heat of the moment...some of us have this happen more often than others.

I've been very critical of his antics in the past and I get fairly annoyed that these flare ups continue to occur with Sergio, but ultimately...I hope he finds a way to calm the demons that haunt him from time to time.

I still think he would have been a much happier dude if he won that 1999 PGA. He seemed like a pretty happy kid around that time. There would have been no major monkey on his back for so many years and he likely would have won more majors as a result. But it is still pretty surprising to see his latest outburst. I thought the wife had really helped calm him down in recent years.

Obviously, winning a major earlier in a career and getting that monkey off the back would take a lot of pressure off of him (and other sports professionals), but I feel like there are other emotional or psychological factors at play here. Whether it's the comments that the gods are against him, his displays of anger or spitting into a cup...I wonder what can cause him to feel so distraught.

Fast forward and he's won his major and he has a wife...whatever he's battling internally, I don't think it has to do with him winning a major or finding a soul mate...whatever it is...it gets triggered and you see the outbursts. I'm just hoping he can find some peace.

Probably something to do with not having a normal childhood due to your parents' living out their dreams of success by forcing you to live like a golf concubine? Just a guess. Seemed to contribute to another well-known player's troubles with sex addiction.

I think Steiny had more to do with the sex addiction idea!

I almost got banned for making a crack at Sergio in a thread about a year ago. So, while I’m surprised this thread has lasted as long as it has all I’m going to say is “tisk tisk Sergio”

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

The Club (formally GCW), have just posted this:

46983899111_ddfaa42228_h.jpg

He sure has a knack for saying the exact wrong thing

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on this allegation. This Twitter feed looks less than reliable despite the claim of multiple sources. Who's behind this Twitter account anyway?

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

The Club (formally GCW), have just posted this:

46983899111_ddfaa42228_h.jpg

He sure has a knack for saying the exact wrong thing

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on this allegation. This Twitter feed looks less than reliable despite the claim of multiple sources. Who's behind this Twitter account anyway?

a few guys who started out by running a very funny account and then got power hungry and tried to turn into some sort of golf saviour and change the golf world - one of their big things is the right to wear jeans on a course...

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

As dumb as this is i feel sorry for Sergio. As well as he hit it yesterday he'd have shot 64 if he made even 40 % inside 10 ft. He made zero. And hasn't really made a putt since winning then masters.

I wonder sometimes if this isn't hell for some people. Punishment from a past life. " hey you're the best ball striker on earth. But you'll never make a putt ".

but none of that excuses acting 100% an a##hole.

This is Sergio from nearly a decade ago...looks like his swing hasn't changed!

Not sure what planet people are on when they keep mentioning a wife and kids...those add stress to your life. Remember...it's the happy-go-lucky bachelor, not married man :)

Exactly. My first thoughts were that he must be having some personal problems. And he didnt just damage one green... it was FIVE!!! I can't even wrap my head around that, even an outraged 12 year old menace probably only putter slams one green...

62115612.jpg

What amount of behavior deemed inappropriate or detrimental to your playing partners does it take to get suspended?

My thought exactly, imagine playing in this group and trying to maintain your focus. One response "These guys are playing for their livelihood with such high stakes." Yes they are, and should they subjected to such behavior in the name of entertainment. Nope!

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Ping G-400 Max, 10.5, Xtorsion[/font]
PXG, 15-degree, ACCRA
PXG, 19-degree hybrid, ACCRA
Cobra DWS Utility 19-degree
CF-16, 4-PW, UST Recoil
0311 PXG, 5-AW, i70 Areotech Steel-fiber
SW, 56 PXG
Ping Nickel Anser II

You realize just because a racist comment is laughed off by the recipient it doesn’t actually make it less racist? Context of the terms use only serves to clarify the intention of the person saying it, the comment is still racist.

Again, when do we stop entitling the dumb in an age when accurate information is literally only a click away. It’s just lazy. So much for “American Exceptionalism”...

lol... WTF

Sergio should be suspended for at least 6 months on the European tour. He's always been an a** hat and winning the Masters doesn't change that.

Would that bother him? He would just play on the US PGA Tour.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Ping G-400 Max, 10.5, Xtorsion[/font]
PXG, 15-degree, ACCRA
PXG, 19-degree hybrid, ACCRA
Cobra DWS Utility 19-degree
CF-16, 4-PW, UST Recoil
0311 PXG, 5-AW, i70 Areotech Steel-fiber
SW, 56 PXG
Ping Nickel Anser II