Tyson Lamb Putters (pls no fite)

> @BiggErn said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > guys - don't beat up on Raiders; he's a genuinely good guy -- i hope he understands when i say things here i don't mean them as attacks or anything to him OR tyson.

>

> Lol. If you had seen the pm he sent me awhile back for being critical of the Lambster you might think a little differently.

jeez.....when are we going to get over that. you already tattled to tana on me for it. we gonna hold a grudge forever. i told you that you are welcome to come and played winged foot with me anytime you want. im only a bad guy on odd numbered days

Tyson makes cool $#!t.

I have a putter that I was fortunate to grab back in the Table Rock days. I've also gotten lucky with a few of the releases and everything he sells, from head covers to divot tools to ball markers, they are at least equal in quality to best anything out there. The details he includes took the putter and accessory business to the next level. I can't have a conversation on Tyson's merits if the other person can't at least acknowledge that point.

I actually admire his business model and can related to an extent. The guys that are getting in line for a custom putter are the guys that are making the effort to be a part of the community. For me, I will only design custom homes for people I know and have a relationship with. The time that is takes vs. what I can charge is quite inefficient, so unfortunately, there's isn't a lot of money in it. I count on my money maker to be production homes, which is soul ripping for me. It lacks creativity, but I can design a project with 300 units in almost the same amount of time it would take me to do a single custom one off. If I want to make money, I can only do a set number of customs, so they go to people that I know will have an appreciation for the design. Probably similar to making putters vs. ball markers, but I've never made a either, so who knows...

With two businesses and two young kids, I've had no chance to get away for one of his events, but they look like a blast and are clearly an open invite to anyone out there. I would love to get in line for a custom putter, but will have to wait until I can grab Tyson's attention. All good...Life's too short to be mad that I can't blow money on unnecessary purchases.

> @Pwood28 said:

> > @JunkerJorge said:

> > Good grief. Same song, different verse.

>

> So why do keep coming to the show if you hate the band?

>

I'm not totally sure what you mean by that. I'm tuning in to see cool putters and gear. Every one of these threads seems to devolve into personal attacks and bullying type behavior. I would prefer to just see cool stuff. The tone of these threads is making me stop coming to the show. That is the sad thing to me, the artistry is seemingly getting overshadowed by silly nonsense.

> @JunkerJorge said:

> > @Pwood28 said:

> > > @JunkerJorge said:

> > > Good grief. Same song, different verse.

> >

> > So why do keep coming to the show if you hate the band?

> >

>

> I'm not totally sure what you mean by that. I'm tuning in to see cool putters and gear. Every one of these threads seems to devolve into personal attacks and bullying type behavior. I would prefer to just see cool stuff. The tone of these threads is making me stop coming to the show. That is the sad thing to me, the artistry is seemingly getting overshadowed by silly nonsense.

Ahh, gotcha. Honestly, me too...I keep hoping to come in here a see a sweet putter or collection of something and always leave disappointed!

In all my my experience with WRX, it’s been a group of really nice people haveing some good conversations about golf and equipment...except for the putter forum (and blades vs. game improvement, but we’ll save that one). The topic of putter makers just seem to get guys all kinds of fired up

> @BiggErn said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > guys - don't beat up on Raiders; he's a genuinely good guy -- i hope he understands when i say things here i don't mean them as attacks or anything to him OR tyson.

>

> Lol. If you had seen the pm he sent me awhile back for being critical of the Lambster you might think a little differently.

He did the same thing to me and honestly, I think I answered the first one and ignored the follow ups. :)

PING 400 Max and a Bag full of PXG’s.......
Non Titleist Cameron Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

> @JunkerJorge said:

> > @Pwood28 said:

> > > @JunkerJorge said:

> > > Good grief. Same song, different verse.

> >

> > So why do keep coming to the show if you hate the band?

> >

>

> I'm not totally sure what you mean by that. I'm tuning in to see cool putters and gear. Every one of these threads seems to devolve into personal attacks and bullying type behavior. I would prefer to just see cool stuff. The tone of these threads is making me stop coming to the show. That is the sad thing to me, the artistry is seemingly getting overshadowed by silly nonsense.

Join the Lamb Fans Facebook page. You will see tons of gear. And a small number of putter pictures.

> @longball said:

> > @JunkerJorge said:

> > > @Pwood28 said:

> > > > @JunkerJorge said:

> > > > Good grief. Same song, different verse.

> > >

> > > So why do keep coming to the show if you hate the band?

> > >

> >

> > I'm not totally sure what you mean by that. I'm tuning in to see cool putters and gear. Every one of these threads seems to devolve into personal attacks and bullying type behavior. I would prefer to just see cool stuff. The tone of these threads is making me stop coming to the show. That is the sad thing to me, the artistry is seemingly getting overshadowed by silly nonsense.

>

> Join the Lamb Fans Facebook page. You will see tons of gear. And a small number of putter pictures.

Not a Facebook guy. Not even Tyson Lamb can get me to create a Facebook account!

• Like 1

> @Pwood28 said:

> > @longball said:

> > > @JunkerJorge said:

> > > > @Pwood28 said:

> > > > > @JunkerJorge said:

> > > > > Good grief. Same song, different verse.

> > > >

> > > > So why do keep coming to the show if you hate the band?

> > > >

> > >

> > > I'm not totally sure what you mean by that. I'm tuning in to see cool putters and gear. Every one of these threads seems to devolve into personal attacks and bullying type behavior. I would prefer to just see cool stuff. The tone of these threads is making me stop coming to the show. That is the sad thing to me, the artistry is seemingly getting overshadowed by silly nonsense.

> >

> > Join the Lamb Fans Facebook page. You will see tons of gear. And a small number of putter pictures.

>

> Not a Facebook guy. Not even Tyson Lamb can get me to create a Facebook account!

>

Ha. I thought I was the only one. When I tell people I don’t have Facebook they look at me like I churn my own butter.

• Like 1

> @JunkerJorge said:

> > @Pwood28 said:

> > > @longball said:

> > > > @JunkerJorge said:

> > > > > @Pwood28 said:

> > > > > > @JunkerJorge said:

> > > > > > Good grief. Same song, different verse.

> > > > >

> > > > > So why do keep coming to the show if you hate the band?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I'm not totally sure what you mean by that. I'm tuning in to see cool putters and gear. Every one of these threads seems to devolve into personal attacks and bullying type behavior. I would prefer to just see cool stuff. The tone of these threads is making me stop coming to the show. That is the sad thing to me, the artistry is seemingly getting overshadowed by silly nonsense.

> > >

> > > Join the Lamb Fans Facebook page. You will see tons of gear. And a small number of putter pictures.

> >

> > Not a Facebook guy. Not even Tyson Lamb can get me to create a Facebook account!

> >

>

> Ha. I thought I was the only one. When I tell people I don’t have Facebook they look at me like I churn my own butter.

I don’t have a facebook either. Welcome to the club!

• Like 1

> @Bigmean said:

> 96p0bastg8n4.png

> This is the whole point of the frustration and jokes and the indefensible arguments as to why putters are not being made....

> ....dude has a cnc, and That is 2/3 of his days cycles...TWO THIRDS of a day......

>

> Also, SUPER dope find, I am inquiring on a custom from him, I wonder where he is at on the price scale....

I have already reached out to Logan. His 303 stainless steel custom putters start at $345 and it’s a 30 day lead time. That’s a great price for a custom putter!

• Like 1

> @Pwood28 said:

> Tyson makes cool $#!t.

>

> I have a putter that I was fortunate to grab back in the Table Rock days. I've also gotten lucky with a few of the releases and everything he sells, from head covers to divot tools to ball markers, they are at least equal in quality to best anything out there. The details he includes took the putter and accessory business to the next level. I can't have a conversation on Tyson's merits if the other person can't at least acknowledge that point.

>

> I actually admire his business model and can related to an extent. The guys that are getting in line for a custom putter are the guys that are making the effort to be a part of the community. For me, I will only design custom homes for people I know and have a relationship with. The time that is takes vs. what I can charge is quite inefficient, so unfortunately, there's isn't a lot of money in it. I count on my money maker to be production homes, which is soul ripping for me. It lacks creativity, but I can design a project with 300 units in almost the same amount of time it would take me to do a single custom one off. If I want to make money, I can only do a set number of customs, so they go to people that I know will have an appreciation for the design. Probably similar to making putters vs. ball markers, but I've never made a either, so who knows...

>

> With two businesses and two young kids, I've had no chance to get away for one of his events, but they look like a blast and are clearly an open invite to anyone out there. I would love to get in line for a custom putter, but will have to wait until I can grab Tyson's attention. All good...Life's too short to be mad that I can't blow money on unnecessary purchases.

I disagree with you.

There's no difference I see from a Cameron, Lamb, Byron, Lajosi, Bettinardi, or Mann putter these days, all are very nice.

What sets Tyson Lamb apart are his accessories. His ball markers and divot tools are a step above anything I've ever seen. Have you seen better craftsmanship and design on a ball marker like Lambs? If so i'd like to know where.

Titleist TS2 Kuro Kage XD 7S
Titleist 917 F3 GD TourAD IZ 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Bridgestone Tour B XS

> @BottleCap said:

> > @Pwood28 said:

> > Tyson makes cool $#!t.

> >

> > I have a putter that I was fortunate to grab back in the Table Rock days. I've also gotten lucky with a few of the releases and everything he sells, from head covers to divot tools to ball markers, they are at least equal in quality to best anything out there. The details he includes took the putter and accessory business to the next level. I can't have a conversation on Tyson's merits if the other person can't at least acknowledge that point.

> >

> > I actually admire his business model and can related to an extent. The guys that are getting in line for a custom putter are the guys that are making the effort to be a part of the community. For me, I will only design custom homes for people I know and have a relationship with. The time that is takes vs. what I can charge is quite inefficient, so unfortunately, there's isn't a lot of money in it. I count on my money maker to be production homes, which is soul ripping for me. It lacks creativity, but I can design a project with 300 units in almost the same amount of time it would take me to do a single custom one off. If I want to make money, I can only do a set number of customs, so they go to people that I know will have an appreciation for the design. Probably similar to making putters vs. ball markers, but I've never made a either, so who knows...

> >

> > With two businesses and two young kids, I've had no chance to get away for one of his events, but they look like a blast and are clearly an open invite to anyone out there. I would love to get in line for a custom putter, but will have to wait until I can grab Tyson's attention. All good...Life's too short to be mad that I can't blow money on unnecessary purchases.

>

> I disagree with you.

> There's no difference I see from a Cameron, Lamb, Byron, Lajosi, Bettinardi, or Mann putter these days, all are very nice.

> What sets Tyson Lamb apart are his accessories. His ball markers and divot tools are a step above anything I've ever seen. Have you seen better craftsmanship and design on a ball marker like Lambs? If so i'd like to know where.

Kraken Golf

https://www.krakengolf.com/

• Like 1

> @FlyOver said:

> > @Bigmean said:

> > 96p0bastg8n4.png

> > This is the whole point of the frustration and jokes and the indefensible arguments as to why putters are not being made....

> > ....dude has a cnc, and That is 2/3 of his days cycles...TWO THIRDS of a day......

> >

> > Also, SUPER dope find, I am inquiring on a custom from him, I wonder where he is at on the price scale....

>

> I have already reached out to Logan. His 303 stainless steel custom putters start at $345 and it’s a 30 day lead time. That’s a great price for a custom putter!

What???? A custom putter under $1000???? Aren't we being led to believe this is impossible?

> @longball said:

> > @FlyOver said:

> > > @Bigmean said:

> > > 96p0bastg8n4.png

> > > This is the whole point of the frustration and jokes and the indefensible arguments as to why putters are not being made....

> > > ....dude has a cnc, and That is 2/3 of his days cycles...TWO THIRDS of a day......

> > >

> > > Also, SUPER dope find, I am inquiring on a custom from him, I wonder where he is at on the price scale....

> >

> > I have already reached out to Logan. His 303 stainless steel custom putters start at $345 and it’s a 30 day lead time. That’s a great price for a custom putter!

>

> What???? A custom putter under $1000???? Aren't we being led to believe this is impossible?

He probably gets the head milled from a 3rd party and then just finishes it

Titleist TS2 Kuro Kage XD 7S
Titleist 917 F3 GD TourAD IZ 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Bridgestone Tour B XS

Agreed...Logan’s stuff is looking great. With so many guys making great sticks, I think we should all be > @BottleCap said:

> > @Pwood28 said:

> >

> > I have a putter that I was fortunate to grab back in the Table Rock days. I've also gotten lucky with a few of the releases and everything he sells, from head covers to divot tools to ball markers, they are at least equal in quality to best anything out there. The details he includes took the putter and accessory business to the next level. I can't have a conversation on Tyson's merits if the other person can't at least acknowledge that point.

> >

> > I actually admire his business model and can related to an extent. The guys that are getting in line for a custom putter are the guys that are making the effort to be a part of the community. For me, I will only design custom homes for people I know and have a relationship with. The time that is takes vs. what I can charge is quite inefficient, so unfortunately, there's isn't a lot of money in it. I count on my money maker to be production homes, which is soul ripping for me. It lacks creativity, but I can design a project with 300 units in almost the same amount of time it would take me to do a single custom one off. If I want to make money, I can only do a set number of customs, so they go to people that I know will have an appreciation for the design. Probably similar to making putters vs. ball markers, but I've never made a either, so who knows...

> >

> > With two businesses and two young kids, I've had no chance to get away for one of his events, but they look like a blast and are clearly an open invite to anyone out there. I would love to get in line for a custom putter, but will have to wait until I can grab Tyson's attention. All good...Life's too short to be mad that I can't blow money on unnecessary purchases.

>

> I disagree with you.

> There's no difference I see from a Cameron, Lamb, Byron, Lajosi, Bettinardi, or Mann putter these days, all are very nice.

> What sets Tyson Lamb apart are his accessories. His ball markers and divot tools are a step above anything I've ever seen. Have you seen better craftsmanship and design on a ball marker like Lambs? If so i'd like to know where.

Agreed. My comment about pushing the market to the next level are centered around the accessories more so than putters. A quick breeze through IG and you quickly find entire businesses now built around nothing but accessories that have a very TL feel to them. Sure, Cameron has been selling accessories for years, but the donut ball maker and hand stamped or customized divot tools that Tyson put out are now being replicated (some great and some not) on a massive scale. The only divot tool I have that I put on par with my Lamb tools are my Byron Turf's Up divot tool. Those things share the high quality machine and finish that Tyson's tools exhibit, but Byron doesn't produce many accessories. The SC accessories have always been kind of blah to me. I have some pivots and I think a marker or two left, but they've never excited me.

On the head cover front, TL was the first that I know to have people playing his covers on miscellaneous putters. Now, there are people starting businesses with head covers as the primary product. My favorite TL covers are some of the high quality leather covers. Magnet closure are my thing, so the only thing equal to my TL covers are a couple of Byron covers that I own that were made in the same shop as TL's and have magnets in them. All of my head covers from TL, Byron, Betti, Lamont, and Lajosi have been high quality. It's the magnet closures on the Lambs (and a couple of my Bryon's) that are my favorite part. I've actually been continually disappointed in the SC head covers. They are feel so flimsy and show wear quickly.

I am very fortunate to own at least one putter from each of the makers you listed and I wouldn't even begin to try and rank each of them. To me, each maker has their style (similar to art, but not trying to go down that road again) and I have an appreciation for each of them. I actually have sold off most of my putters that I don't see being as great as those you listed. My post in the thread is not just a TL fanboy thing, I'd jump in on a thread for any of these guys. Love their work, love that were looking at a competitive market and that new guys are jumping in all of the time.

sent a request for quote to Olson --

SiM2 / 9* / TZ6 65M5 tipped 1"

SiM2 Ti / 5w (set 1 tick lower loft) / TZ6 85M5 tipped 1"

SiM Max 3H / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX

TI Apex TCB / 3-PW / Modus 130X

RTX Zipcore Black / 50,54,60 / KBS Tour X/S+

Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"  & Spider EX Navy / 36"

> @BottleCap said:

> > @Pwood28 said:

> >

> >

> >

>

> I disagree with you.

US mint

• Like 1

> @BottleCap said:

> > @longball said:

> > > @FlyOver said:

> > > > @Bigmean said:

> > > > 96p0bastg8n4.png

> > > > This is the whole point of the frustration and jokes and the indefensible arguments as to why putters are not being made....

> > > > ....dude has a cnc, and That is 2/3 of his days cycles...TWO THIRDS of a day......

> > > >

> > > > Also, SUPER dope find, I am inquiring on a custom from him, I wonder where he is at on the price scale....

> > >

> > > I have already reached out to Logan. His 303 stainless steel custom putters start at $345 and it’s a 30 day lead time. That’s a great price for a custom putter!

> >

> > What???? A custom putter under $1000???? Aren't we being led to believe this is impossible?

>

> He probably gets the head milled from a 3rd party and then just finishes it

Logan has his own CNC machine. It’s in his Instagram or website page.

> @gioguy21 said:

> sent a request for quote to Olson --

yup, that about does it -- he's way less than half of tyson for similar quality work -- i will be commissioning a putter this fall/winter when he isn't so busy.

SiM2 / 9* / TZ6 65M5 tipped 1"

SiM2 Ti / 5w (set 1 tick lower loft) / TZ6 85M5 tipped 1"

SiM Max 3H / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX

TI Apex TCB / 3-PW / Modus 130X

RTX Zipcore Black / 50,54,60 / KBS Tour X/S+

Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"  & Spider EX Navy / 36"

The quality in Olson's work isn't stacking up to the quality of Tyson's. The stamping just isn't as clean or deep. The welds aren't nearly as tight. The lines aren't as attractive. But he can certainly do some hammered soles. And his lead times are nice. However, it might just be me, but I'd rather wait for Tyson. With all the production Olson is pumping out, hopefully Olson can figure out what works for him and what doesn't. But by that time, the general putter community might realize he's not a collector's producer, and more like the rest.

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker