Tyson Lamb Putters (pls no fite)

> @mbrown1833 said:

> The quality in Olson's work isn't stacking up to the quality of Tyson's. The stamping just isn't as clean or deep. The welds aren't nearly as tight. The lines aren't as attractive. But he can certainly do some hammered soles. And his lead times are nice. However, it might just be me, but I'd rather wait for Tyson. With all the production Olson is pumping out, hopefully Olson can figure out what works for him and what doesn't. But by that time, the general putter community might realize he's not a collector's producer, and more like the rest.

goodness gracious you're drunk on the sizzurp. tyson just started learning to weld correctly (HIS words!) lol really, 'attractive' lines? it's honestly minutely different than tyson's designs, and obtw, they're almost all newport/newport 2 headshapes, or the stepped/jam versions. his lead times are nice, he responds to emails, he gives you pricing that's a third of tysons and gives you free control over what you want done.

listen, i'm not saying tyson isn't talented ... but even you gotta give credit when it's due -- and leave the bias at the door. to counter you, "with all the production tyson isn't pumping out, tyson has the leisure to figure out what works for him and what doesn't. By that time, the general putter community might realize he's not actually a putter maker, but more like a machinist with a side hustle."

• Like 1

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @mbrown1833 said:

> The quality in Olson's work isn't stacking up to the quality of Tyson's. The stamping just isn't as clean or deep. The welds aren't nearly as tight. The lines aren't as attractive. But he can certainly do some hammered soles. And his lead times are nice. However, it might just be me, but I'd rather wait for Tyson. With all the production Olson is pumping out, hopefully Olson can figure out what works for him and what doesn't. But by that time, the general putter community might realize he's not a collector's producer, and more like the rest.

I don't know...they look pretty good to me. I just ordered one and I have Lamb as well, so we'll see how they compare.

> @jtarble said:

>

> > @mbrown1833 said:

> > The quality in Olson's work isn't stacking up to the quality of Tyson's. The stamping just isn't as clean or deep. The welds aren't nearly as tight. The lines aren't as attractive. But he can certainly do some hammered soles. And his lead times are nice. However, it might just be me, but I'd rather wait for Tyson. With all the production Olson is pumping out, hopefully Olson can figure out what works for him and what doesn't. But by that time, the general putter community might realize he's not a collector's producer, and more like the rest.

>

> I don't know...they look pretty good to me. I just ordered one and I have Lamb as well, so we'll see how they compare.

>

>

BOOM, thank you sane person.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @mbrown1833 said:

> > The quality in Olson's work isn't stacking up to the quality of Tyson's. The stamping just isn't as clean or deep. The welds aren't nearly as tight. The lines aren't as attractive. But he can certainly do some hammered soles. And his lead times are nice. However, it might just be me, but I'd rather wait for Tyson. With all the production Olson is pumping out, hopefully Olson can figure out what works for him and what doesn't. But by that time, the general putter community might realize he's not a collector's producer, and more like the rest.

>

> goodness gracious you're drunk on the sizzurp. tyson just started learning to weld correctly (HIS words!) lol really, 'attractive' lines? it's honestly minutely different than tyson's designs, and obtw, they're almost all newport/newport 2 headshapes, or the stepped/jam versions. his lead times are nice, he responds to emails, he gives you pricing that's a third of tysons and gives you free control over what you want done.

>

> listen, i'm not saying tyson isn't talented ... but even you gotta give credit when it's due -- and leave the bias at the door. to counter you, "with all the production tyson isn't pumping out, tyson has the leisure to figure out what works for him and what doesn't. By that time, the general putter community might realize he's not actually a putter maker, but more like a machinist with a side hustle."

First of all, my post was pretty open, and I am pretty open-minded to Olson, as I am to every producer. I have many putters from many producers (as you already know, Paul). However, to re-clarify my statements:

If you look at the 'like' models side by side, they look worlds apart. For some they may look better, but to me the majority of the necks look too thin, and the general contour lines don't flow cleanly. Quote me-- he'll make adjustments. Just my .02.

I think I acknowledge that Olson is new in my post. Again, I also acknowledge the positives of OIson-- including turnover times.

Over the last year, Tyson's welds have been pretty darn consistent. I hope Olson gets his straight, too. Again, I gave credit where it was due.

I also stand by the following: with as much production as Olson is doing, he's outpacing himself to be a collector's producer. Tyson's gals and guys game his stuff, too, and anything totally hand-made by Tyson (putters, divots, ballmarks, etc) has gained equity from what original purchase price was. The vast majority of producers cannot even get close. IMO, totally my opinion, quote me on it if you must-- but I imagine all of Olson's hand-made work will only lose value through a year (probably 50%)-- just like Byron, Swag, Lajosi, etc etc.

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

@mbrown1833 i know you're a connoisseur of fine things.

golfers don't give a flying eff about the minutia of detail that tyson is going through - nor do they care about how only wants to be the one touching them, or that he has outings or that he does this or that. say what you want about cameron -- THE GUY MADE TONS OF TOUR PUTTERS...and they still held value.

the issue with buying tyson vs. the rest is NOT about resale value; it's about the a) experience in purchasing a custom (tyson currently is either non-existant, or what most would call superbly limited) b) customer service (tyson is awful at this UNLESS you're in the 'crew') and c) the ability to purchase a custom with many options.

sure, there are few that buy them b/c they're works of art. HOWEVER...the guys buying byron, swag, lajosi etc...have MORE than one of those in their collection b/c they're easier to get, cheaper to buy, and overall they enjoyed the experience. Tyson a) doesn't put product into the market at a level commensurate with need, b) prices them, by most accounts, out of market/demographic and c) has arguably the worst customer service of a 'putter making' company - again, unless you're in the know.

so, ok, olson's lines might be different, his welds might not be museum quality, and he might not have the 'allure' of a tyson --- but the guy responds to emails, prices great, and puts product in peoples hands.

would ANYONE buy a putter for $600 (roughly the minimum for most builders) -- that resales for $300 that is honestly darn close to a lamb with regards to customization; or do i go through the agonizingly terrible process of having to earn a spot to the good graces, lottery, etc and pay over $2g's for a proper lamb? i'd honestly bet most would say...sorry lamb, i want my putter from olson/byron/lajosi/etc.

• Like 1

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gioguy21 said:

> @mbrown1833 i know you're a connoisseur of fine things.

>

> golfers don't give a flying eff about the minutia of detail that tyson is going through - nor do they care about how only wants to be the one touching them, or that he has outings or that he does this or that. say what you want about cameron -- THE GUY MADE TONS OF TOUR PUTTERS...and they still held value.

>

> the issue with buying tyson vs. the rest is NOT about resale value; it's about the a) experience in purchasing a custom (tyson currently is either non-existant, or what most would call superbly limited) b) customer service (tyson is awful at this UNLESS you're in the 'crew') and c) the ability to purchase a custom with many options.

>

> sure, there are few that buy them b/c they're works of art. HOWEVER...the guys buying byron, swag, lajosi etc...have MORE than one of those in their collection b/c they're easier to get, cheaper to buy, and overall they enjoyed the experience. Tyson a) doesn't put product into the market at a level commensurate with need, b) prices them, by most accounts, out of market/demographic and c) has arguably the worst customer service of a 'putter making' company - again, unless you're in the know.

>

> so, ok, olson's lines might be different, his welds might not be museum quality, and he might not have the 'allure' of a tyson --- but the guy responds to emails, prices great, and puts product in peoples hands.

>

> would ANYONE buy a putter for $600 (roughly the minimum for most builders) -- that resales for $300 that is honestly darn close to a lamb with regards to customization; or do i go through the agonizingly terrible process of having to earn a spot to the good graces, lottery, etc and pay over $2g's for a proper lamb? i'd honestly bet most would say...sorry lamb, i want my putter from olson/byron/lajosi/etc.

>

>

>

Again, I'm not arguing with you. I don't mind waiting, and I don't mind paying. I'm a firm believer in the reality of "To each their own." It isn't just a statement about likes and dislikes.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

> @gioguy21 said:

> @mbrown1833 i know you're a connoisseur of fine things.

>

> golfers don't give a flying eff about the minutia of detail that tyson is going through - nor do they care about how only wants to be the one touching them, or that he has outings or that he does this or that. say what you want about cameron -- THE GUY MADE TONS OF TOUR PUTTERS...and they still held value.

>

> the issue with buying tyson vs. the rest is NOT about resale value; it's about the a) experience in purchasing a custom (tyson currently is either non-existant, or what most would call superbly limited) b) customer service (tyson is awful at this UNLESS you're in the 'crew') and c) the ability to purchase a custom with many options.

>

> sure, there are few that buy them b/c they're works of art. HOWEVER...the guys buying byron, swag, lajosi etc...have MORE than one of those in their collection b/c they're easier to get, cheaper to buy, and overall they enjoyed the experience. Tyson a) doesn't put product into the market at a level commensurate with need, b) prices them, by most accounts, out of market/demographic and c) has arguably the worst customer service of a 'putter making' company - again, unless you're in the know.

>

> so, ok, olson's lines might be different, his welds might not be museum quality, and he might not have the 'allure' of a tyson --- but the guy responds to emails, prices great, and puts product in peoples hands.

>

> would ANYONE buy a putter for $600 (roughly the minimum for most builders) -- that resales for $300 that is honestly darn close to a lamb with regards to customization; or do i go through the agonizingly terrible process of having to earn a spot to the good graces, lottery, etc and pay over $2g's for a proper lamb? i'd honestly bet most would say...sorry lamb, i want my putter from olson/byron/lajosi/etc.

>

>

>

It looks like the gist of the story is if you make about as many custom putters as you’re capable of you can’t be a good “collector” putter maker.

Scotty Cameron shut down his custom program earlier this year without really telling anyone, heard he was too busy. Maybe Tyson Lamb did the same thing.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

> @BottleCap said:

> Scotty Cameron shut down his custom program earlier this year without really telling anyone, heard he was too busy. Maybe Tyson Lamb did the same thing.

It's more likely that your account gets shut down than Tyson to not make custom putters.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

> @mbrown1833 said:

You’ll be waiting a lifetime, lol.....

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

> @BiggErn said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > @mbrown1833 i know you're a connoisseur of fine things.

> >

> > golfers don't give a flying eff about the minutia of detail that tyson is going through - nor do they care about how only wants to be the one touching them, or that he has outings or that he does this or that. say what you want about cameron -- THE GUY MADE TONS OF TOUR PUTTERS...and they still held value.

> >

> > the issue with buying tyson vs. the rest is NOT about resale value; it's about the a) experience in purchasing a custom (tyson currently is either non-existant, or what most would call superbly limited) b) customer service (tyson is awful at this UNLESS you're in the 'crew') and c) the ability to purchase a custom with many options.

> >

> > sure, there are few that buy them b/c they're works of art. HOWEVER...the guys buying byron, swag, lajosi etc...have MORE than one of those in their collection b/c they're easier to get, cheaper to buy, and overall they enjoyed the experience. Tyson a) doesn't put product into the market at a level commensurate with need, b) prices them, by most accounts, out of market/demographic and c) has arguably the worst customer service of a 'putter making' company - again, unless you're in the know.

> >

> > so, ok, olson's lines might be different, his welds might not be museum quality, and he might not have the 'allure' of a tyson --- but the guy responds to emails, prices great, and puts product in peoples hands.

> >

> > would ANYONE buy a putter for $600 (roughly the minimum for most builders) -- that resales for $300 that is honestly darn close to a lamb with regards to customization; or do i go through the agonizingly terrible process of having to earn a spot to the good graces, lottery, etc and pay over $2g's for a proper lamb? i'd honestly bet most would say...sorry lamb, i want my putter from olson/byron/lajosi/etc.

> >

> >

> >

>

> It looks like the gist of the story is if you make about as many custom putters as you’re capable of you can’t be a good “collector” putter maker.

Right..... I have no idea why collectors bother purchasing Scotty Circle T or Betti’s Hive/Tour putters. They are so mass produced.

Logan was great to work with and the price is just the icing on the cake. I tried to convince myself numerous times that I was going to buy a Lamb putter, but just couldn't, though I own plenty of his head covers, metal pieces, and apparel. It took about ~8 weeks for me to get my putter in hand and it even came with a hand-written thank you note. I would 100% recommend working with Logan and having him make something for you.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw70e0KlHwk/

• Like 1

> @WigglyComet said:

> Logan was great to work with and the price is just the icing on the cake. I tried to convince myself numerous times that I was going to buy a Lamb putter, but just couldn't, though I own plenty of his head covers, metal pieces, and apparel. It took about ~8 weeks for me to get my putter in hand and it even came with a hand-written thank you note. I would 100% recommend working with Logan and having him make something for you.

> https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw70e0KlHwk/

>

>

That looks nice to me. I have seen worse welding from some big names.

Nice putter, enjoy.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)

I just pm'd Olsen too. His stuff looks nice. Im not sure how anyone can explain the >$800 difference in quality.

I havn't been on this thread in many months and there are just as many new putters as the last time.

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

It makes me chuckle a bit like Jim Halpert when it's said that there must not be putters being produced because people aren't posting pictures on WRX.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

> @mbrown1833 said:

> It makes me chuckle a bit like Jim Halpert when it's said that there must not be putters being produced because people aren't posting pictures on WRX.

Why? Tyson himself said he only makes what 20 of so putters a month and that it’s his accessories that he produces more.

Please read this article.

http://www.golfwrx.com/549656/a-visit-to-lamb-crafted-and-details-on-tyson-lambs-plans-to-expand/

Did you read the comment directly above mine that stated that Tyson hasn't made any new putters in months because the poster doesn't see any pictures of putters since he last checked the thread?

This pointless, short-sighted back and forth might just be why no one who collects Lambs cares to post on WRX about their new items. It also doesn't help that forums are outdated.

You really think I didn't read that article months ago.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

> @mbrown1833 said:

> Did you read the comment directly above mine that stated that Tyson hasn't made any new putters in months because the poster doesn't see any pictures of putters since he last checked the thread?

>

> This pointless, short-sighted back and forth might just be why no one who collects Lambs cares to post on WRX about their new items. It also doesn't help that forums are outdated.

>

> You really think I didn't read that article months ago.

>

Well next time please quote the post you were replying to!

Actually there is no need for anyone to post what’s new at Lambcrafted. We can just visit Tyson’s instagram page. https://www.instagram.com/tyson_lamb/?hl=en

My bad, I didn’t look close enough at your Lamb putter picture....of course you read the article! ;)

> @FlyOver said:

> > @mbrown1833 said:

> > Did you read the comment directly above mine that stated that Tyson hasn't made any new putters in months because the poster doesn't see any pictures of putters since he last checked the thread?

> >

> > This pointless, short-sighted back and forth might just be why no one who collects Lambs cares to post on WRX about their new items. It also doesn't help that forums are outdated.

> >

> > You really think I didn't read that article months ago.

> >

>

> Well next time please quote the post you were replying to!

>

> Actually there is no need for anyone to post what’s new at Lambcrafted. We can just visit Tyson’s instagram page. https://www.instagram.com/tyson_lamb/?hl=en

>

> My bad, I didn’t look close enough at your Lamb putter picture....of course you read the article! ;)

Out of curiosity, did Lamb paid Lamont Mann any royalties for stealing his monicker? Mannkrafted has been around way longer than Lamb. Just asking for a friend.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

> @Golfer4Life said:

> > @FlyOver said:

> > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > Did you read the comment directly above mine that stated that Tyson hasn't made any new putters in months because the poster doesn't see any pictures of putters since he last checked the thread?

> > >

> > > This pointless, short-sighted back and forth might just be why no one who collects Lambs cares to post on WRX about their new items. It also doesn't help that forums are outdated.

> > >

> > > You really think I didn't read that article months ago.

> > >

> >

> > Well next time please quote the post you were replying to!

> >

> > Actually there is no need for anyone to post what’s new at Lambcrafted. We can just visit Tyson’s instagram page. https://www.instagram.com/tyson_lamb/?hl=en

> >

> > My bad, I didn’t look close enough at your Lamb putter picture....of course you read the article! ;)

>

> Out of curiosity, did Lamb paid Lamont Mann any royalties for stealing his monicker? Mannkrafted has been around way longer than Lamb. Just asking for a friend.

>

IDK, Lamont is in this forum. Send him a PM.

i think it's pretty clear the difference in the quality of the work between olson and lamb. the welds are just one [of the details i have listed]. i also think i've been pretty fair in my critique, seeing as olson is relatively new, and gave him the breadth he deserves. but again, argue if we must; but you probably chose to read what you wanted to see. go figure (:

• Like 1
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

> @mbrown1833 said:

> i think it's pretty clear the difference in the quality of the work between olson and lamb. the welds are just one [of the details i have listed]. i also think i've been pretty fair in my critique, seeing as olson is relatively new, and gave him the breadth he deserves. but again, argue if we must; but you probably chose to read what you wanted to see. go figure (:

The difference is one guy makes putters for everyone and the other caters to a few and focuses on trinkets, many of which he doesn’t even make. One is a business and one consists of a fraternity that is funded by occasional merchandise sales.

• Like 1

> @BiggErn said:

> > @mbrown1833 said:

> > i think it's pretty clear the difference in the quality of the work between olson and lamb. the welds are just one [of the details i have listed]. i also think i've been pretty fair in my critique, seeing as olson is relatively new, and gave him the breadth he deserves. but again, argue if we must; but you probably chose to read what you wanted to see. go figure (:

>

> The difference is one guy makes putters for everyone and the other caters to a few and focuses on trinkets, many of which he doesn’t even make. One is a business and one consists of a fraternity that is funded by occasional merchandise sales.

i think your statement, respectfully, is a bit flawed. one guy [olson] caters to everyone, but the other [tyson] doesn't? or is it that olson is pumping out okay looking work, while tyson just doesn't make as many putters as the general public would assume he would, or (selfishly believe) should, make. which, as this conversation has been had through several threads, is totally up to him. i don't see his business model as flawed. i can see why some would envision it as flawed if they genuinely wish they had a putter and just can't get the one they want made. but again, that's a selfish (not necessarily negative connotation of selfish) way of seeing the way he does determine his business. i do wish he made more putters, but that's not my decision (it's not yours either). honestly, i genuinely believe that tyson is putting out the best quality of handcrafted work of any producer at this moment. are there guys pumping out solid work? yes. are there guys pumping out trash? moreso than the guys putting out dope wands. regardless, in my earnest opinion, regardless of whoever's opinion on how tyson chooses to conduct his business, he is the best in the handmade putter business. and i think the proof is that we see these threads getting shut down over and over again because of one main, and genuine, reason-- highly interested and well-versed golfers who genuinely wish they could have tyson do bespoke work for them, but have been disappointed in a possible spectrum of ways-- which should be added that not all of which are in tyson's hands.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

> @mbrown1833 said:

> > @BiggErn said:

> > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > i think it's pretty clear the difference in the quality of the work between olson and lamb. the welds are just one [of the details i have listed]. i also think i've been pretty fair in my critique, seeing as olson is relatively new, and gave him the breadth he deserves. but again, argue if we must; but you probably chose to read what you wanted to see. go figure (:

> >

> > The difference is one guy makes putters for everyone and the other caters to a few and focuses on trinkets, many of which he doesn’t even make. One is a business and one consists of a fraternity that is funded by occasional merchandise sales.

>

> i think your statement, respectfully, is a bit flawed. one guy [olson] caters to everyone, but the other [tyson] doesn't? or is it that olson is pumping out okay looking work, while tyson just doesn't make as many putters as the general public would assume he would, or (selfishly believe) should, make. which, as this conversation has been had through several threads, is totally up to him. i don't see his business model as flawed. i can see why some would envision it as flawed if they genuinely wish they had a putter and just can't get the one they want made. but again, that's a selfish (not necessarily negative connotation of selfish) way of seeing the way he does determine his business. i do wish he made more putters, but that's not my decision (it's not yours either). honestly, i genuinely believe that tyson is putting out the best quality of handcrafted work of any producer at this moment. are there guys pumping out solid work? yes. are there guys pumping out trash? moreso than the guys putting out dope wands. regardless, in my earnest opinion, regardless of whoever's opinion on how tyson chooses to conduct his business, he is the best in the handmade putter business. and i think the proof is that we see these threads getting shut down over and over again because of one main, and genuine, reason-- highly interested and well-versed golfers who genuinely wish they could have tyson do bespoke work for them, but have been disappointed in a possible spectrum of ways-- which should be added that not all of which are in tyson's hands.

Sorry, you lost me with the best at handcrafted putters. Last I checked his automated CNC machine makes the putter. Lamont and Lumpy make better manually handmade putters.

Cushman might be better as well. Since, he also doesn’t use CAD to pump out a putter.

https://www.cushman.golf

Seriously can Tyson make a putter manually? Like Cushman in this video?