2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Tyson Lamb Putters (pls no fite)

> @JunkerJorge said:

> Four things I believe to be true:

> 1. The fit and finish of Tyson’s stuff is one of the very top in the market.

> 2. Some of the critiques of Tyson are valid.

> 3. These things are unlikely to change.

> 4. I don’t understand why so many people seem to be personally offended by 1-3.

>

>

Amen!

> @JunkerJorge said:

> Four things I believe to be true:

> 1. The fit and finish of Tyson’s stuff is one of the very top in the market.

> 2. Some of the critiques of Tyson are valid.

> 3. These things are unlikely to change.

> 4. I don’t understand why so many people seem to be personally offended by 1-3.

>

>

now we're talking

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

By nature I believe people get offended when a claim is made that something you don’t possess is the “best”, which infers another is inferior. Intentional or not.

I’m proud of my Byron’s and Lajosi’s and respect each and every maker out there. Some I have interest in, and others I couldn’t care less. Lamb is one of them. That’s my opinion, I’ve stated why, and also that I highly respect his work. His “brand” has zero appeal to me.

Move on people, stop being so sensitive.

I come in here, hoping to see some putter pics, but always end of having to post something like this.

• Like 1

> @FlyOver said:

> > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > @FlyOver said:

> > > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > > Did you read the comment directly above mine that stated that Tyson hasn't made any new putters in months because the poster doesn't see any pictures of putters since he last checked the thread?

> > > >

> > > > This pointless, short-sighted back and forth might just be why no one who collects Lambs cares to post on WRX about their new items. It also doesn't help that forums are outdated.

> > > >

> > > > You really think I didn't read that article months ago.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Well next time please quote the post you were replying to!

> > >

> > > Actually there is no need for anyone to post what’s new at Lambcrafted. We can just visit Tyson’s instagram page. https://www.instagram.com/tyson_lamb/?hl=en

> > >

> > > My bad, I didn’t look close enough at your Lamb putter picture....of course you read the article! ;)

> >

> > Out of curiosity, did Lamb paid Lamont Mann any royalties for stealing his monicker? Mannkrafted has been around way longer than Lamb. Just asking for a friend.

> >

>

> IDK, Lamont is in this forum. Send him a PM.

I know, Lamont is one of my best friends.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

> @BottleCap said:

> I'm thinking he's the supplier behind the JMI putters for Table Rock, so he's probably too busy churning those out

I hope not, those are not the best looking putters I have seen.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)

> @Golfer4Life said:

> > @BottleCap said:

> > I'm thinking he's the supplier behind the JMI putters for Table Rock, so he's probably too busy churning those out

>

> I hope not, those are not the best looking putters I have seen.

>

>

As far as I know, Jim does his own milling. However, I can guarantee that Tyson doesn't have anything to do with Jim Butler.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

> @mbrown1833 said:

> > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > @BottleCap said:

> > > I'm thinking he's the supplier behind the JMI putters for Table Rock, so he's probably too busy churning those out

> >

> > I hope not, those are not the best looking putters I have seen.

> >

> >

>

> As far as I know, Jim does his own milling. However, I can guarantee that Tyson doesn't have anything to do with Jim Butler.

Cool, thanks. But if I remember correctly, Jim was selling Lamb putters on his website. Is that a new thing from Lamb, moving away from Jim selling his putters?

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

> @Golfer4Life said:

> > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > I'm thinking he's the supplier behind the JMI putters for Table Rock, so he's probably too busy churning those out

> > >

> > > I hope not, those are not the best looking putters I have seen.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > As far as I know, Jim does his own milling. However, I can guarantee that Tyson doesn't have anything to do with Jim Butler.

>

> Cool, thanks. But if I remember correctly, Jim was selling Lamb putters on his website. Is that a new thing from Lamb, moving away from Jim selling his putters?

They've been disconnected professionally for about a year.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

> @mbrown1833 said:

> > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > I'm thinking he's the supplier behind the JMI putters for Table Rock, so he's probably too busy churning those out

> > > >

> > > > I hope not, those are not the best looking putters I have seen.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > As far as I know, Jim does his own milling. However, I can guarantee that Tyson doesn't have anything to do with Jim Butler.

> >

> > Cool, thanks. But if I remember correctly, Jim was selling Lamb putters on his website. Is that a new thing from Lamb, moving away from Jim selling his putters?

>

> They've been disconnected professionally for about a year.

Thanks!

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

> @Golfer4Life said:

> > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > > I'm thinking he's the supplier behind the JMI putters for Table Rock, so he's probably too busy churning those out

> > > > >

> > > > > I hope not, those are not the best looking putters I have seen.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > As far as I know, Jim does his own milling. However, I can guarantee that Tyson doesn't have anything to do with Jim Butler.

> > >

> > > Cool, thanks. But if I remember correctly, Jim was selling Lamb putters on his website. Is that a new thing from Lamb, moving away from Jim selling his putters?

> >

> > They've been disconnected professionally for about a year.

>

> Thanks!

>

>

I heard Tyson Lamb is busy making JMI putters for Butler

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

> @BottleCap said:

> > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > > > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > > > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > > > I'm thinking he's the supplier behind the JMI putters for Table Rock, so he's probably too busy churning those out

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I hope not, those are not the best looking putters I have seen.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > As far as I know, Jim does his own milling. However, I can guarantee that Tyson doesn't have anything to do with Jim Butler.

> > > >

> > > > Cool, thanks. But if I remember correctly, Jim was selling Lamb putters on his website. Is that a new thing from Lamb, moving away from Jim selling his putters?

> > >

> > > They've been disconnected professionally for about a year.

> >

> > Thanks!

> >

> >

>

> I heard Tyson Lamb is busy making JMI putters for Butler

Are all of your posts troll posts? Genuinely asking.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

> @mbrown1833 said:

> > @BottleCap said:

> > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > > > > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > > > > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > > > > I'm thinking he's the supplier behind the JMI putters for Table Rock, so he's probably too busy churning those out

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I hope not, those are not the best looking putters I have seen.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As far as I know, Jim does his own milling. However, I can guarantee that Tyson doesn't have anything to do with Jim Butler.

> > > > >

> > > > > Cool, thanks. But if I remember correctly, Jim was selling Lamb putters on his website. Is that a new thing from Lamb, moving away from Jim selling his putters?

> > > >

> > > > They've been disconnected professionally for about a year.

> > >

> > > Thanks!

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I heard Tyson Lamb is busy making JMI putters for Butler

>

> Are all of your posts troll posts? Genuinely asking.

Ask yourself the same question.

i heard that Tyson Lamb was working with Butler on it from a bunch of putter enthusiasts at the Scotty Cameron Gallery, it is hearsay but so are 90 percent of the posts on the site.

Explain yourself, how are Tyson’s welds cleaner than Olsen’s? are your eyes messed up? Genuinely asking.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

> @BottleCap said:

> > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > > > > > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > > > > > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > > > > > I'm thinking he's the supplier behind the JMI putters for Table Rock, so he's probably too busy churning those out

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I hope not, those are not the best looking putters I have seen.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > As far as I know, Jim does his own milling. However, I can guarantee that Tyson doesn't have anything to do with Jim Butler.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Cool, thanks. But if I remember correctly, Jim was selling Lamb putters on his website. Is that a new thing from Lamb, moving away from Jim selling his putters?

> > > > >

> > > > > They've been disconnected professionally for about a year.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks!

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I heard Tyson Lamb is busy making JMI putters for Butler

> >

> > Are all of your posts troll posts? Genuinely asking.

>

> Ask yourself the same question.

>

> i heard that Tyson Lamb was working with Butler on it from a bunch of putter enthusiasts at the Scotty Cameron Gallery, it is hearsay but so are 90 percent of the posts on the site.

>

> Explain yourself, how are Tyson’s welds cleaner than Olsen’s? are your eyes messed up? Genuinely asking.

Whoever told you that has no idea what they're talking about. The last time I heard anything about Jim & Tyson, they hadn't talked since late winter of '18. Nothing has led me to believe that that has changed.

The overall quality of Tyson's welds are clearly more well done even from eye level than Olson's. Again, I think the overall totality of quality between the two's works are clearly different on an eye level. I'm not talking on individual putters, I'm talking about many, many putters. This is not a knock on Olson as, again, he has basically just begun producing for the general public.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

> @mbrown1833 said:

> > @BottleCap said:

> > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > > > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > > > > > > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > > > > > > I'm thinking he's the supplier behind the JMI putters for Table Rock, so he's probably too busy churning those out

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I hope not, those are not the best looking putters I have seen.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > As far as I know, Jim does his own milling. However, I can guarantee that Tyson doesn't have anything to do with Jim Butler.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Cool, thanks. But if I remember correctly, Jim was selling Lamb putters on his website. Is that a new thing from Lamb, moving away from Jim selling his putters?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > They've been disconnected professionally for about a year.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks!

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I heard Tyson Lamb is busy making JMI putters for Butler

> > >

> > > Are all of your posts troll posts? Genuinely asking.

> >

> > Ask yourself the same question.

> >

> > i heard that Tyson Lamb was working with Butler on it from a bunch of putter enthusiasts at the Scotty Cameron Gallery, it is hearsay but so are 90 percent of the posts on the site.

> >

> > Explain yourself, how are Tyson’s welds cleaner than Olsen’s? are your eyes messed up? Genuinely asking.

>

> Whoever told you that has no idea what they're talking about. The last time I heard anything about Jim & Tyson, they hadn't talked since late winter of '18. Nothing has led me to believe that that has changed.

>

> The overall quality of Tyson's welds are clearly more well done even from eye level than Olson's. Again, I think the overall totality of quality between the two's works are clearly different on an eye level. I'm not talking on individual putters, I'm talking about many, many putters. This is not a knock on Olson as, again, he has basically just begun producing for the general public.

But, I would like to know what makes you a welding afficiando? Are you a welder or a holder of some kind of welding certificate? If not, why should an average joe like myself or anybody reading your post take your word for it?

> @FlyOver said:

> > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > > > > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I'm thinking he's the supplier behind the JMI putters for Table Rock, so he's probably too busy churning those out

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I hope not, those are not the best looking putters I have seen.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > As far as I know, Jim does his own milling. However, I can guarantee that Tyson doesn't have anything to do with Jim Butler.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Cool, thanks. But if I remember correctly, Jim was selling Lamb putters on his website. Is that a new thing from Lamb, moving away from Jim selling his putters?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > They've been disconnected professionally for about a year.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks!

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I heard Tyson Lamb is busy making JMI putters for Butler

> > > >

> > > > Are all of your posts troll posts? Genuinely asking.

> > >

> > > Ask yourself the same question.

> > >

> > > i heard that Tyson Lamb was working with Butler on it from a bunch of putter enthusiasts at the Scotty Cameron Gallery, it is hearsay but so are 90 percent of the posts on the site.

> > >

> > > Explain yourself, how are Tyson’s welds cleaner than Olsen’s? are your eyes messed up? Genuinely asking.

> >

> > Whoever told you that has no idea what they're talking about. The last time I heard anything about Jim & Tyson, they hadn't talked since late winter of '18. Nothing has led me to believe that that has changed.

> >

> > The overall quality of Tyson's welds are clearly more well done even from eye level than Olson's. Again, I think the overall totality of quality between the two's works are clearly different on an eye level. I'm not talking on individual putters, I'm talking about many, many putters. This is not a knock on Olson as, again, he has basically just begun producing for the general public.

>

> But, I would like to know what makes you a welding afficiando? Are you a welder or a holder of some kind of welding certificate? If not, why should an average joe like myself or anybody reading your post take your word for it?

Because if Tyson put out a simple ball marker that was made of all american SS...with no stamping or finish, someone on here would say he makes the purest, roundest, cleanest circular ball markers...so circular that no other putter maker could hope to achieve.

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

> @FlyOver said:

> > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I'm thinking he's the supplier behind the JMI putters for Table Rock, so he's probably too busy churning those out

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I hope not, those are not the best looking putters I have seen.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > As far as I know, Jim does his own milling. However, I can guarantee that Tyson doesn't have anything to do with Jim Butler.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Cool, thanks. But if I remember correctly, Jim was selling Lamb putters on his website. Is that a new thing from Lamb, moving away from Jim selling his putters?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > They've been disconnected professionally for about a year.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks!

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I heard Tyson Lamb is busy making JMI putters for Butler

> > > >

> > > > Are all of your posts troll posts? Genuinely asking.

> > >

> > > Ask yourself the same question.

> > >

> > > i heard that Tyson Lamb was working with Butler on it from a bunch of putter enthusiasts at the Scotty Cameron Gallery, it is hearsay but so are 90 percent of the posts on the site.

> > >

> > > Explain yourself, how are Tyson’s welds cleaner than Olsen’s? are your eyes messed up? Genuinely asking.

> >

> > Whoever told you that has no idea what they're talking about. The last time I heard anything about Jim & Tyson, they hadn't talked since late winter of '18. Nothing has led me to believe that that has changed.

> >

> > The overall quality of Tyson's welds are clearly more well done even from eye level than Olson's. Again, I think the overall totality of quality between the two's works are clearly different on an eye level. I'm not talking on individual putters, I'm talking about many, many putters. This is not a knock on Olson as, again, he has basically just begun producing for the general public.

>

> But, I would like to know what makes you a welding afficiando? Are you a welder or a holder of some kind of welding certificate? If not, why should an average joe like myself or anybody reading your post take your word for it?

right back atcha bud.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

> @mbrown1833 said:

> > @FlyOver said:

> > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > > > > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > > > > > > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > I'm thinking he's the supplier behind the JMI putters for Table Rock, so he's probably too busy churning those out

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I hope not, those are not the best looking putters I have seen.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > As far as I know, Jim does his own milling. However, I can guarantee that Tyson doesn't have anything to do with Jim Butler.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Cool, thanks. But if I remember correctly, Jim was selling Lamb putters on his website. Is that a new thing from Lamb, moving away from Jim selling his putters?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > They've been disconnected professionally for about a year.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Thanks!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I heard Tyson Lamb is busy making JMI putters for Butler

> > > > >

> > > > > Are all of your posts troll posts? Genuinely asking.

> > > >

> > > > Ask yourself the same question.

> > > >

> > > > i heard that Tyson Lamb was working with Butler on it from a bunch of putter enthusiasts at the Scotty Cameron Gallery, it is hearsay but so are 90 percent of the posts on the site.

> > > >

> > > > Explain yourself, how are Tyson’s welds cleaner than Olsen’s? are your eyes messed up? Genuinely asking.

> > >

> > > Whoever told you that has no idea what they're talking about. The last time I heard anything about Jim & Tyson, they hadn't talked since late winter of '18. Nothing has led me to believe that that has changed.

> > >

> > > The overall quality of Tyson's welds are clearly more well done even from eye level than Olson's. Again, I think the overall totality of quality between the two's works are clearly different on an eye level. I'm not talking on individual putters, I'm talking about many, many putters. This is not a knock on Olson as, again, he has basically just begun producing for the general public.

> >

> > But, I would like to know what makes you a welding afficiando? Are you a welder or a holder of some kind of welding certificate? If not, why should an average joe like myself or anybody reading your post take your word for it?

>

> right back atcha bud.

Last I read you were the one who posted Tyson is a better welder than Olson. Yet, you are NOT a welding expert or even a welder and can’t explain why it’s better. I highly suggest you do so some research and you could have posted you prefer the push over pull method when laying down the weld. How about posting I notice and like that Tyson uses a figure 8 pattern when he welds. I think it looks better. Yet, you’ve nothing!!!!

> @FlyOver said:

> > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > @FlyOver said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I'm thinking he's the supplier behind the JMI putters for Table Rock, so he's probably too busy churning those out

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I hope not, those are not the best looking putters I have seen.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > As far as I know, Jim does his own milling. However, I can guarantee that Tyson doesn't have anything to do with Jim Butler.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Cool, thanks. But if I remember correctly, Jim was selling Lamb putters on his website. Is that a new thing from Lamb, moving away from Jim selling his putters?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > They've been disconnected professionally for about a year.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Thanks!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I heard Tyson Lamb is busy making JMI putters for Butler

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Are all of your posts troll posts? Genuinely asking.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ask yourself the same question.

> > > > >

> > > > > i heard that Tyson Lamb was working with Butler on it from a bunch of putter enthusiasts at the Scotty Cameron Gallery, it is hearsay but so are 90 percent of the posts on the site.

> > > > >

> > > > > Explain yourself, how are Tyson’s welds cleaner than Olsen’s? are your eyes messed up? Genuinely asking.

> > > >

> > > > Whoever told you that has no idea what they're talking about. The last time I heard anything about Jim & Tyson, they hadn't talked since late winter of '18. Nothing has led me to believe that that has changed.

> > > >

> > > > The overall quality of Tyson's welds are clearly more well done even from eye level than Olson's. Again, I think the overall totality of quality between the two's works are clearly different on an eye level. I'm not talking on individual putters, I'm talking about many, many putters. This is not a knock on Olson as, again, he has basically just begun producing for the general public.

> > >

> > > But, I would like to know what makes you a welding afficiando? Are you a welder or a holder of some kind of welding certificate? If not, why should an average joe like myself or anybody reading your post take your word for it?

> >

> > right back atcha bud.

> Last I read you were the one who posted Tyson is a better welder than Olson. Yet, you are NOT a welding expert or even a welder and can’t explain why it’s better. I highly suggest you do so some research and you could have posted you prefer the push over pull method when laying down the weld. How about posting I notice and like that Tyson uses a figure 8 pattern when he welds. I think it looks better. Yet, you’ve nothing!!!!

ok ok ok.....but which guys presses the buttons better on their CNC machines (insert laughing emoji that i dont know how to do). what does it matter guys? who cares? buy what you like. dont buy what you dont like. guys that own a putter are going to say nice things about tyson and guys who dont either arent going to post or are going to be critical. Olsen makes nice looking putters. he is obviously inspired by tyson. he is selling putters cheap. great for him. i wish him lots of luck. im a certified welder. for welding certs all we are tested on are the structural integrity of our welds. beauty pageants usually doesnt matter as most welders buff their welds clean after. so both guys fail that portion. aesthetically speaking i think tysons welds look nicer.

• Like 1

> @FlyOver said:

> > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > @FlyOver said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I'm thinking he's the supplier behind the JMI putters for Table Rock, so he's probably too busy churning those out

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I hope not, those are not the best looking putters I have seen.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > As far as I know, Jim does his own milling. However, I can guarantee that Tyson doesn't have anything to do with Jim Butler.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Cool, thanks. But if I remember correctly, Jim was selling Lamb putters on his website. Is that a new thing from Lamb, moving away from Jim selling his putters?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > They've been disconnected professionally for about a year.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Thanks!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I heard Tyson Lamb is busy making JMI putters for Butler

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Are all of your posts troll posts? Genuinely asking.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ask yourself the same question.

> > > > >

> > > > > i heard that Tyson Lamb was working with Butler on it from a bunch of putter enthusiasts at the Scotty Cameron Gallery, it is hearsay but so are 90 percent of the posts on the site.

> > > > >

> > > > > Explain yourself, how are Tyson’s welds cleaner than Olsen’s? are your eyes messed up? Genuinely asking.

> > > >

> > > > Whoever told you that has no idea what they're talking about. The last time I heard anything about Jim & Tyson, they hadn't talked since late winter of '18. Nothing has led me to believe that that has changed.

> > > >

> > > > The overall quality of Tyson's welds are clearly more well done even from eye level than Olson's. Again, I think the overall totality of quality between the two's works are clearly different on an eye level. I'm not talking on individual putters, I'm talking about many, many putters. This is not a knock on Olson as, again, he has basically just begun producing for the general public.

> > >

> > > But, I would like to know what makes you a welding afficiando? Are you a welder or a holder of some kind of welding certificate? If not, why should an average joe like myself or anybody reading your post take your word for it?

> >

> > right back atcha bud.

> Last I read you were the one who posted Tyson is a better welder than Olson. Yet, you are NOT a welding expert or even a welder and can’t explain why it’s better. I highly suggest you do so some research and you could have posted you prefer the push over pull method when laying down the weld. How about posting I notice and like that Tyson uses a figure 8 pattern when he welds. I think it looks better. Yet, you’ve nothing!!!!

One doesn’t need a welding cert to see the difference in quality. If you’re asking for terms, I’ll be happy to explain my way thru it, but even you can see the difference.

• Like 1
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

> @mbrown1833 said:

> > @BiggErn said:

> > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > i think it's pretty clear the difference in the quality of the work between olson and lamb. the welds are just one [of the details i have listed]. i also think i've been pretty fair in my critique, seeing as olson is relatively new, and gave him the breadth he deserves. but again, argue if we must; but you probably chose to read what you wanted to see. go figure (:

> >

> > The difference is one guy makes putters for everyone and the other caters to a few and focuses on trinkets, many of which he doesn’t even make. One is a business and one consists of a fraternity that is funded by occasional merchandise sales.

>

>regardless, in my earnest opinion, regardless of whoever's opinion on how tyson chooses to conduct his business, he is the best in the **_handmade putter_** business. and i think the proof is that we see these threads getting shut down over and over again because of one main, and genuine, reason-- highly interested and well-versed golfers who genuinely wish they could have tyson do bespoke work for them, but have been disappointed in a possible spectrum of ways-- which should be added that not all of which are in tyson's hands.

Is there a picture of one of his handmade putters?

> @longball said:

> > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > i think it's pretty clear the difference in the quality of the work between olson and lamb. the welds are just one [of the details i have listed]. i also think i've been pretty fair in my critique, seeing as olson is relatively new, and gave him the breadth he deserves. but again, argue if we must; but you probably chose to read what you wanted to see. go figure (:

> > >

> > > The difference is one guy makes putters for everyone and the other caters to a few and focuses on trinkets, many of which he doesn’t even make. One is a business and one consists of a fraternity that is funded by occasional merchandise sales.

> >

> >regardless, in my earnest opinion, regardless of whoever's opinion on how tyson chooses to conduct his business, he is the best in the **_handmade putter_** business. and i think the proof is that we see these threads getting shut down over and over again because of one main, and genuine, reason-- highly interested and well-versed golfers who genuinely wish they could have tyson do bespoke work for them, but have been disappointed in a possible spectrum of ways-- which should be added that not all of which are in tyson's hands.

>

> Is there a picture of one of his handmade putters?

all of his putters, except most of the signature series, have a fair amount of handwork done to them.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

> @mbrown1833 said:

> > @longball said:

> > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > > i think it's pretty clear the difference in the quality of the work between olson and lamb. the welds are just one [of the details i have listed]. i also think i've been pretty fair in my critique, seeing as olson is relatively new, and gave him the breadth he deserves. but again, argue if we must; but you probably chose to read what you wanted to see. go figure (:

> > > >

> > > > The difference is one guy makes putters for everyone and the other caters to a few and focuses on trinkets, many of which he doesn’t even make. One is a business and one consists of a fraternity that is funded by occasional merchandise sales.

> > >

> > >regardless, in my earnest opinion, regardless of whoever's opinion on how tyson chooses to conduct his business, he is the best in the **_handmade putter_** business. and i think the proof is that we see these threads getting shut down over and over again because of one main, and genuine, reason-- highly interested and well-versed golfers who genuinely wish they could have tyson do bespoke work for them, but have been disappointed in a possible spectrum of ways-- which should be added that not all of which are in tyson's hands.

> >

> > Is there a picture of one of his handmade putters?

>

> all of his putters, except most of the signature series, have a fair amount of handwork done to them.

this has all the makings of the t for t; "handworked/handshaped" vs. "handmade"

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @mbrown1833 said:

> > @longball said:

> > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > > i think it's pretty clear the difference in the quality of the work between olson and lamb. the welds are just one [of the details i have listed]. i also think i've been pretty fair in my critique, seeing as olson is relatively new, and gave him the breadth he deserves. but again, argue if we must; but you probably chose to read what you wanted to see. go figure (:

> > > >

> > > > The difference is one guy makes putters for everyone and the other caters to a few and focuses on trinkets, many of which he doesn’t even make. One is a business and one consists of a fraternity that is funded by occasional merchandise sales.

> > >

> > >regardless, in my earnest opinion, regardless of whoever's opinion on how tyson chooses to conduct his business, he is the best in the **_handmade putter_** business. and i think the proof is that we see these threads getting shut down over and over again because of one main, and genuine, reason-- highly interested and well-versed golfers who genuinely wish they could have tyson do bespoke work for them, but have been disappointed in a possible spectrum of ways-- which should be added that not all of which are in tyson's hands.

> >

> > Is there a picture of one of his handmade putters?

>

> all of his putters, except most of the signature series, have a fair amount of handwork done to them.

Sorry friend, that’s not the definition of a handmade putter.

• Like 1

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

> @Golfer4Life said:

> > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > @longball said:

> > > > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > > > i think it's pretty clear the difference in the quality of the work between olson and lamb. the welds are just one [of the details i have listed]. i also think i've been pretty fair in my critique, seeing as olson is relatively new, and gave him the breadth he deserves. but again, argue if we must; but you probably chose to read what you wanted to see. go figure (:

> > > > >

> > > > > The difference is one guy makes putters for everyone and the other caters to a few and focuses on trinkets, many of which he doesn’t even make. One is a business and one consists of a fraternity that is funded by occasional merchandise sales.

> > > >

> > > >regardless, in my earnest opinion, regardless of whoever's opinion on how tyson chooses to conduct his business, he is the best in the **_handmade putter_** business. and i think the proof is that we see these threads getting shut down over and over again because of one main, and genuine, reason-- highly interested and well-versed golfers who genuinely wish they could have tyson do bespoke work for them, but have been disappointed in a possible spectrum of ways-- which should be added that not all of which are in tyson's hands.

> > >

> > > Is there a picture of one of his handmade putters?

> >

> > all of his putters, except most of the signature series, have a fair amount of handwork done to them.

>

> Sorry friend, that’s not the definition of a handmade putter.

I'd love to see the version of Tyson's th> @Golfer4Life said:

> > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > @longball said:

> > > > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > > > i think it's pretty clear the difference in the quality of the work between olson and lamb. the welds are just one [of the details i have listed]. i also think i've been pretty fair in my critique, seeing as olson is relatively new, and gave him the breadth he deserves. but again, argue if we must; but you probably chose to read what you wanted to see. go figure (:

> > > > >

> > > > > The difference is one guy makes putters for everyone and the other caters to a few and focuses on trinkets, many of which he doesn’t even make. One is a business and one consists of a fraternity that is funded by occasional merchandise sales.

> > > >

> > > >regardless, in my earnest opinion, regardless of whoever's opinion on how tyson chooses to conduct his business, he is the best in the **_handmade putter_** business. and i think the proof is that we see these threads getting shut down over and over again because of one main, and genuine, reason-- highly interested and well-versed golfers who genuinely wish they could have tyson do bespoke work for them, but have been disappointed in a possible spectrum of ways-- which should be added that not all of which are in tyson's hands.

> > >

> > > Is there a picture of one of his handmade putters?

> >

> > all of his putters, except most of the signature series, have a fair amount of handwork done to them.

>

> Sorry friend, that’s not the definition of a handmade putter.

There's room for debate there, but I'm not battling semantics.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

> @mbrown1833 said:

> > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > > @longball said:

> > > > > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > > > > i think it's pretty clear the difference in the quality of the work between olson and lamb. the welds are just one [of the details i have listed]. i also think i've been pretty fair in my critique, seeing as olson is relatively new, and gave him the breadth he deserves. but again, argue if we must; but you probably chose to read what you wanted to see. go figure (:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The difference is one guy makes putters for everyone and the other caters to a few and focuses on trinkets, many of which he doesn’t even make. One is a business and one consists of a fraternity that is funded by occasional merchandise sales.

> > > > >

> > > > >regardless, in my earnest opinion, regardless of whoever's opinion on how tyson chooses to conduct his business, he is the best in the **_handmade putter_** business. and i think the proof is that we see these threads getting shut down over and over again because of one main, and genuine, reason-- highly interested and well-versed golfers who genuinely wish they could have tyson do bespoke work for them, but have been disappointed in a possible spectrum of ways-- which should be added that not all of which are in tyson's hands.

> > > >

> > > > Is there a picture of one of his handmade putters?

> > >

> > > all of his putters, except most of the signature series, have a fair amount of handwork done to them.

> >

> > Sorry friend, that’s not the definition of a handmade putter.

>

> I'd love to see the version of Tyson's th> @Golfer4Life said:

> > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > > @longball said:

> > > > > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > > > > i think it's pretty clear the difference in the quality of the work between olson and lamb. the welds are just one [of the details i have listed]. i also think i've been pretty fair in my critique, seeing as olson is relatively new, and gave him the breadth he deserves. but again, argue if we must; but you probably chose to read what you wanted to see. go figure (:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The difference is one guy makes putters for everyone and the other caters to a few and focuses on trinkets, many of which he doesn’t even make. One is a business and one consists of a fraternity that is funded by occasional merchandise sales.

> > > > >

> > > > >regardless, in my earnest opinion, regardless of whoever's opinion on how tyson chooses to conduct his business, he is the best in the **_handmade putter_** business. and i think the proof is that we see these threads getting shut down over and over again because of one main, and genuine, reason-- highly interested and well-versed golfers who genuinely wish they could have tyson do bespoke work for them, but have been disappointed in a possible spectrum of ways-- which should be added that not all of which are in tyson's hands.

> > > >

> > > > Is there a picture of one of his handmade putters?

> > >

> > > all of his putters, except most of the signature series, have a fair amount of handwork done to them.

> >

> > Sorry friend, that’s not the definition of a handmade putter.

>

> There's room for debate there, but I'm not battling semantics.

Semantics? A handmade putter, like the ones Scotty Cameron used to make, started as a block of steel on a Bridgeport machine and hand shaped completely. Do some research on real handmade putters from Scotty Cameron, T.P. Mills, and Tad Moore, just to mentioned the three most masterful putter makers in the business when it comes to handmade putters. There’s no debate in this issue, a handmade putter is not the same as a CNC putter softened up by hand.

I understand, you own a Lamb and you have to protect your investment, but even then you can’t denied the facts.

• Like 1

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

> @Golfer4Life said:

> > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > > @longball said:

> > > > > > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > > > > > i think it's pretty clear the difference in the quality of the work between olson and lamb. the welds are just one [of the details i have listed]. i also think i've been pretty fair in my critique, seeing as olson is relatively new, and gave him the breadth he deserves. but again, argue if we must; but you probably chose to read what you wanted to see. go figure (:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The difference is one guy makes putters for everyone and the other caters to a few and focuses on trinkets, many of which he doesn’t even make. One is a business and one consists of a fraternity that is funded by occasional merchandise sales.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >regardless, in my earnest opinion, regardless of whoever's opinion on how tyson chooses to conduct his business, he is the best in the **_handmade putter_** business. and i think the proof is that we see these threads getting shut down over and over again because of one main, and genuine, reason-- highly interested and well-versed golfers who genuinely wish they could have tyson do bespoke work for them, but have been disappointed in a possible spectrum of ways-- which should be added that not all of which are in tyson's hands.

> > > > >

> > > > > Is there a picture of one of his handmade putters?

> > > >

> > > > all of his putters, except most of the signature series, have a fair amount of handwork done to them.

> > >

> > > Sorry friend, that’s not the definition of a handmade putter.

> >

> > I'd love to see the version of Tyson's th> @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > > @longball said:

> > > > > > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > > > > > i think it's pretty clear the difference in the quality of the work between olson and lamb. the welds are just one [of the details i have listed]. i also think i've been pretty fair in my critique, seeing as olson is relatively new, and gave him the breadth he deserves. but again, argue if we must; but you probably chose to read what you wanted to see. go figure (:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The difference is one guy makes putters for everyone and the other caters to a few and focuses on trinkets, many of which he doesn’t even make. One is a business and one consists of a fraternity that is funded by occasional merchandise sales.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >regardless, in my earnest opinion, regardless of whoever's opinion on how tyson chooses to conduct his business, he is the best in the **_handmade putter_** business. and i think the proof is that we see these threads getting shut down over and over again because of one main, and genuine, reason-- highly interested and well-versed golfers who genuinely wish they could have tyson do bespoke work for them, but have been disappointed in a possible spectrum of ways-- which should be added that not all of which are in tyson's hands.

> > > > >

> > > > > Is there a picture of one of his handmade putters?

> > > >

> > > > all of his putters, except most of the signature series, have a fair amount of handwork done to them.

> > >

> > > Sorry friend, that’s not the definition of a handmade putter.

> >

> > There's room for debate there, but I'm not battling semantics.

>

> Semantics? A handmade putter, like the ones Scotty Cameron used to make, started as a block of steel on a Bridgeport machine and hand shaped completely. Do some research on real handmade putters from Scotty Cameron, T.P. Mills, and Tad Moore, just to mentioned the three most masterful putter makers in the business when it comes to handmade putters. There’s no debate in this issue, a handmade putter is not the same as a CNC putter softened up by hand.

I used the term loosely to distinguish the difference between putter producers who engrave and mill everything on the entirety of a putter, vs those who do handwork on their putters. Respectfully, I know what a entirely handmade putter. You don't need to educate me.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale