2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

AT&T Pebble Beach

flushem

http://m.ghin.com/HL...SearchResults=0

Those are incredibly consistent scores for a 15.

At least he's posting something as opposed to Romo. I know quite a few older players that are incredibly consistent. They never get into trouble but lack the skills to go low.

8 of the last 10 within 2 strokes of each other consistent? The two 'outliers' make it 3 & 4 strokes. Me no know math and probabilities, but I could see how someone might think that looks dodgy.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s very true. It’s very possible Romo might be a bagger, seems if you know you’re playing in what is possibly the biggest handicap event in the country you would be posting, unless those scores were going to hurt you. I wonder at rhe AT&T, do plus handicaps have to give shots back?

Plus cappers always give strokes back. Why would the AT&T be any different?

Well they obviously don’t always. Shilgy just talked about one where they don’t.

At least he's posting something as opposed to Romo. I know quite a few older players that are incredibly consistent. They never get into trouble but lack the skills to go low.

8 of the last 10 within 2 strokes of each other consistent? The two 'outliers' make it 3 & 4 strokes. Me no know math and probabilities, but I could see how someone might think that looks dodgy.

Handicap history shows over a year the index fluxuated only .7 of a stroke. I don’t know if that is unusual or not, but I know mine always moves two or three strokes throughout the year.

Are those older players mid teen handicaps?

There must be something to these questions, they reduced him for this tournament.

I will grant no doubt that he is oddly consistent. Seems odd that a titan of industry wouldn't be wise enough to game the system in a less obvious manner.

There must be something to these questions, they reduced him for this tournament.

They reduced Fitzgerald from a 12 to an 8 iirc.

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

I will grant no doubt that he is oddly consistent. Seems odd that a titan of industry wouldn't be wise enough to game the system in a less obvious manner.

At least they’re aware and proactive about doing something. After being in contention last year (from what someone said here) and winning this year, wonder if they drop it again next year. I bet they do. Fitzgerald got dropped four, I bet they drop DC another two next year.

None of us will play well enough really to play so well that our all around game helps the tour pro a bunch of strokes. The player most likely, imo, to fare well in an event like this is the erratic player that makes a handful of net birdies-even a net eagle or two- and messes up a bunch of holes as well. Steady Eddie is not winning. How the 3 cap won most valuable amateur or whatever they call it is beyond me. That's the guy y'all should be investigating. :)

At least they’re aware and proactive about doing something. After being in contention last year (from what someone said here) and winning this year, wonder if they drop it again next year. I bet they do. Fitzgerald got dropped four, I bet they drop DC another two next year.

I think they adjust a lot of the handicaps.

None of us will play well enough really to play so well that our all around game helps the tour pro a bunch of strokes. The player most likely, imo, to fare well in an event like this is the erratic player that makes a handful of net birdies-even a net eagle or two- and messes up a bunch of holes as well. Steady Eddie is not winning. How the 3 cap won most valuable amateur or whatever they call it is beyond me. That's the guy y'all should be investigating. :)

I think a big part of the issue is that we never saw the three on TV (as far as i know anyway). Although it obviously can be flawed and there are exceptions, I think most of us here have been around the game long enough to be able to make educated guesses based on what we’re seeing. Colleran just hit so many really good shots, especially in that setting, that it raised eyebrows. His game certainly doesn’t look like a 15 (and I realize you’re right with the pount you made earlier that they didn’t televise his bad shots). But the 15’s I know, they maybe a shot that good once every two or three rounds, not once every two or three holes, on national television, at Pebble Beach, playing in the heat of a PGA tournament. Obee, who has seen boatloads of net golfers, good ones, immediately reached that conclusion watching him.

^^I have always believed you can see a players potential when watching their swing but not their handicap. There are players with gorgeous swings but crap short games and mush for brains that play nowhere near what their swing appears to be. Even some pros fit that description.

They seem to adjust a lot of caps at the att. Matt Ryan of the Falcons played as a 2 with a 2.8. Gave up a stroke or two a day. Didn't hurt him Saturday though at Pebble with a birdie-eagle start...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.golfdigest.com/story/a-nfl-quarterback-not-named-tony-romo-is-lighting-up-pebble-beach-on-saturday/amp

I've always felt that if you want to make net truly fair you would average today's index with the lowest the player has ever been.

Maybe Colleran is a 14, but he was a 5 or 6 at some point, so he should play off 10.

Do you get to add strokes for age? Or is Jack still a +5 or so with your average system?

I've always felt that if you want to make net truly fair you would average today's index with the lowest the player has ever been.

Maybe Colleran is a 14, but he was a 5 or 6 at some point, so he should play off 10.

Do you get to add strokes for age? Or is Jack still a +5 or so with your average system?

My system isn't really a system, but now that you mention it, we're going to go with the lowest revised index in the last 3 years. So, no strokes for age, but a statue of limitations on skills.

Maybe I should ask for strokes because I'm left-handed? Short? I'm only 5'10" guys who are over 6'2" obviously have an advantage. Last night I slept weird and I have a tiny tinge of pain in the right side of my neck, that's gotta be worth as much as 2 strokes. Between sandbagging and rules written like they came from the Treaty of Versailles let's postulate a few more times why "normal" people don't want to play golf? Oh yeah, I paid the same amount for my greens fees as everybody else, I'm entitled to play a 6 hour round, too. Now, get off my lawn.

I would tend to believe you lol! But..a large pro-am I played in in Minnesota for years the plus's played as scratch. The pros don't give any back so why would the plus am?

Edit-I will go with they play to scratch.

Romo is a +0.4

Finley Ewing IV is a +1.5

Both are listed as 0 cap-there are no plus ams listed.

https://www.golfdige...arry-fitzgerald

Why would anybody with a minus handicap play an event where plus cappers played at scratch? That defeats the whole purpose of handicaps.

It's a pro am team event. Not an individual meet event. By that logic why would you pay to be on a team with #200 in the world when DJ is on another team? Why should a +1 am give a shot back when the #1 player in the world and about a +9 doesn't give back any?

Because that's how amateur golf works as contrasted to professional golf.

I know quite a few older players that are incredibly consistent. They never get into trouble but lack the skills to go low.

I play with mostly retired guys who play12 - 18 times per month. You can achieve a very consistent pattern when playing that often.

Link to what?

The post I responded to said he recorded ten scores at home in December while his home course was closed. I'm looking for facts to back that up.

You would have to call the TPC to see if they were open. You can look up his ghin and see he only posted six scores in December-so that part at least is false.

Link to what?

The post I responded to said he recorded ten scores at home in December while his home course was closed. I'm looking for facts to back that up.

Sorry RK. His card is on here, and just above someone did post a link to his GHIN. The question is if TPC was open in December or not.

They look quite normal to me.

The spread over his past 20 rounds is 12.7 strokes with a high of 28.6 over CR and a low of 15.9 over CR.

Very normal spread.

That is fair enough. I clarified in a later post I was referring to his last 10 scores, especially that Dec flurry, it was a pretty flat line.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I play with a guy who is a member at Southwind. He called his friends after the ATT and they said that Colleran posted 10 home scores in December that were all in the 90's. Southwind was closed in December. For what it is worth.

Seems this whole thing is BS. Others have pointed out that Colleran posted a lot fewer than 10 scores in December, and looking at TPC Southwind’s Instagram posts shows photos posted throughout December at the course, posts by the pro talking about practicing in the frosty conditions on course, pics of freshly mown greens, etc. Their Facebook page also has activities throughout December. No sign at all the course was closed, but lots of signs it was fully open and in use. So it looks like both parts of this “Colleran is a cheater” argument are bogus.