Bentonville, Arkansas - one day, one course to play, help me pick right!

I'm going to Bentonville, AR for one day for work. I'm so gung ho on playing with my buddy that I'm taking a red eye to get there by 8:30am so we can play a round before a dinner meeting.

So with that, need everyone's best of the best. If you can only play one course in/near Bentonville, which would it be?

I found this old thread from 2016 but wanting to know the latest updates on course condition. Budget is probably around $100/round. And probably don't want to have to drive more than 45-60 minutes from Bentonville where we're staying.

Here's the list from there:

• Tannenbaum
  • Mountain Ranch
  • Marion
  • Blessing
  • Alotian
  • Granada
  • Texarkana CC
  • Pleasant Valley
  • Chenal Country Club
  • Diamante
  • Hardscrabble

EDIT: ALL of those are too far lol. Here are the ones GolfNow shows closeby:

• Bella Vista
  • Kingswood
  • Highlands
    Then these below are just over an hour, so curious if they're worth it:
  • Holiday Island CC
  • Patricia Island (this one seems the nicest?)
  • The Coves

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alotian, Texarkana CC, Pleasant Valley, Chenal, Diamanté, Granada are all further than 60 minutes from Bentonville. The Blessings is probably the best condition if you can get on. But that's a guess.

Yikes! Some of those are VERY far. I looked at Blessings, but it looks like it's private members only, no? :-/

EDIT: ALL of those are too far lol. Here are the ones GolfNow shows closeby:

• Bella Vista
  • Kingswood
  • Highlands
  • Holiday Island CC
  • Patricia Island (this one seems the nicest?)

I lived in NW Arkansas for a few years. Any of the Bella Vista golf courses are nice. Some good elevation changes, etc. My fave was Dogwood. Good mix of holes. Stonebridge Meadows in Fayetteville is a good course too if you want to drive down 30 min or so.

There are two private courses, Pinnacle CC (LPGA events are played there) and The Blessings (2019 NCAA championship will be played there) are great if you can get on.

• 3 weeks later...

okay, just 5 days left until my trip. I think we've narrowed it down based on location. We really want the nicest/most fun course we can get on. Unfortunately the private clubs are all ruled out. So help me decide between:

• Paradise Valley
  • Stonebridge
  • Bella Vista (specifically, looks like i can only book at Dogwood OR Kingswood)

Any help would be great! Price is really not an issue, these are all pretty affordable compared to California

okay, just 5 days left until my trip. I think we've narrowed it down based on location. We really want the nicest/most fun course we can get on. Unfortunately the private clubs are all ruled out. So help me decide between:

• Paradise Valley
  • Stonebridge
  • Bella Vista (specifically, looks like i can only book at Dogwood OR Kingswood)

Any help would be great! Price is really not an issue, these are all pretty affordable compared to California

I would scratch PV off the list. Kind of ho-hum.

Stonebridge is a great course. Can't go wrong with this choice. Good mix of holes.

I really like the Bella Vista courses. They have some great layouts with some good elevation change. I grew up and currently live in south Louisiana where our courses are all flat. i really enjoyed the elevations in Bella Vista. Like I mentioned earlier, Dogwood was always my fave. You will use all the clubs in your bag.

Now if you don't mind driving 2 hours, you can make it to Branson.... Great courses up there. :)

Stonebridge would be the one to play, but it's probably a swamp. We have been getting more than normal amounts of rain and stonebridge does not handle that well.

Big sugar is as challenging of a layout as you can play, but closed sometime back and since reopening has never been in good condition. It's now a goat track.

The Bella Vista courses are similar to your big city muni's. Short, tree lined, old style courses. Nothing special, but affordable.

Eagle Crest in Alma is as fun as any, but it's probably too far and won't be open if temp is below 45.

If you are in business, surely someone has an in to Shadow Valley, Pinnacle, or the Blessings.

Let me throw a course out there. It is an old cheap course. Not in great shape by any means. Prairie Creek in Rogers is a great little course to play. A lot like the Bella Vista courses, except more fun but not as well conditioned. I am a little biased as the first time I ever swung a club was there. Seems like yesterday.

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Ping G400 Max 9° EF White 65s 44.5"
Titleist TS2 16.5°  EF White 65s
Ping G410 21° EF White 75s
Ping G410 22°/25°/30° Hybrid Tensei White
Ping G410 7-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/ Stealth 2.0 SW

TaylorMade MG Hi-Toe Bigfoot LW
Ping Sigma 2 Valor