Scotty Experts - What is your favorite retail Newport 2 model?

Mine:

Newport 2 Gun BLue

Newport 2 Oil Can

Newport 2 Studio Stainless - 2003

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 10.5* Driver

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 17* 3 Wood

Honma TW 727 22* UT Hybrid

Titleist 818H1 25* Hybrid

4-PW Bridgestone J33 CB Irons or  Miura CB 57 4-PW

Miura Tour 2018 52* and 58* Wedges

Slighter Seattle Custom Putter

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Non insert, standard milling Studio Select.

Taylormade Tour Issue 2016 M2 10.5 Tensei Pro Blue 60TX
Taylormade Tour Issue Sim 3W Tensei Pro Blue 70TX
Taylormade Tour Issue 2016 M2 3HL Diamana BF 70x
Taylormade M3 5W Aldila Rogue Black 80X
PXG 0311X 3-4 Project X HC Even Flow Blue 6.0
Bridgestone Tour B X-CB 5-PW KBS Tour 120
Vokey SM7 50F, SM6 54S, SM7 60D
Ping Scottsdale Anser Antique Finish Tungsten Weights to 350G
Scotty Cameron 08 Studio Select Newport 2
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless NP2 350

Studio Stainless NP2. I'm not a big fan of how busy the engraving is, but the head shape and material is tops in my book.

I don't like carbon putters, so everything before the Studio Stainless line is out. And I don't like inserts or removable weights so everything after the Studio Stainless line is out.

• 2 weeks later...

Studio Select. Came out around the time I went through my second Scotty Cameron phase. Was also the introduction of the Cherry Dots (OTR anyway) and interchangeable weights.

[size=3][b][u]In the Hoofer[/u][/b][/size]

[b][size=3]TaylorMade M5 10.5° [/size][/b][size=2]Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S [/size]
[size=3][b]TaylorMade M2 15° [/b][/size][size=2]Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70-S  [/size]
[size=3][b]TaylorMade RSi TP UDI #2 [/b][size=2]Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-95 S  [/size][/size]
[size=3][b]Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW [/b][size=2]KBS Tour $-Taper 120 S [/size][/size]
[size=3][b]Titleist Vokey SM7 50.12F, 54.08M, 58.08M [/b][size=2]KBS Tour 120 S [/size][/size]
[size=3][b]Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 [/b]
[b]Titleist ProV1X [/b][/size]

Cheers��

RP

Glad to see you posting again----- And as usual you always have such nice stuff---- I can see us playing golf now the odd couple you with your pristine stuff and me with my rusty beat up lead taped stuff> Hey RP should I mess up this beautiful Scotty thread and show them Rusty? :taunt: :swoon: But then again the OP did write Newport and mine is a Santa Fe

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400 LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400 Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

2004studiostainlessnewport2_2.jpg

Bring it back, Scottyyyy!

Yep, this one.

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 10.5* Driver

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 17* 3 Wood

Honma TW 727 22* UT Hybrid

Titleist 818H1 25* Hybrid

4-PW Bridgestone J33 CB Irons or  Miura CB 57 4-PW

Miura Tour 2018 52* and 58* Wedges

Slighter Seattle Custom Putter

Hard not to be biased, as I think my studio select mid slant is the best haha. I just love the finish on it, the way it sits at address, and love the slant neck over plumbers personally. I mean, just look at it. hahahaha

Callaway Rogue 9.5*

Cobra Baffler 16*

Ping G30 22*

TM R-11 5-PW

Mizuno MP-T5 50* 54*

PM Grind 60* 

Ping My Day 

Cheers?

RP

That’s a NP and not a NP2.

Yeppers???

Stay well?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I've tried all a lot of Newports, but have always gone back to my 1999 Newport Mid Slant. Bought it brand new in 2000 and I remember Scotty Cameron was at the shop I bought it from. It originally came with a black head cover so I had them sell me a silver one so that I could have Scotty sign in and he did. Sitting in my man cave now. My putter is a little banged up but it looks pretty good for 18 years in the bag. Was thinking of sending back to Cameron to have it refinished but may have to pick up another one to play with while I wait.

Cheers?

RP

That's a NP and not a NP2.

Yeppers??

Stay well?

RP

What have you done to yourself?? I thought you were an 8802 man? :)

PS-welcome back!

lolol, I rotated depending on how I was rolling em, when I was Playin tourneys and at my best, it was the 8802 or similar heel/shaft design however I won with a Newport design in the bag, and if I didn’t “feel” right, I’d take either the putter above or my T Newport Beach or YES Tour Abbie Forged and all was good.

Pete taught me early on that when the season rolled around, I had to go with what I got, whether it be my swing or stroke, and sometimes I had an 8802 stroke and other times a Newport stroke, lol.

It didn’t matter, lol

Thanks for the kind words?

Stay wel Brother?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24