The Masters - UK coverage 2019

Bit of a low-key announcement during the Genesis Open coverage but Sky Sports will be at Augusta.

They also confirmed they are broadcasting all four majors this year having not been the PGA the last couple of years. Not surprised after missing out on the spectacle at Bellerive that they made a renewed effort but the old date clashed with the EPL season opening weekend.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsGolf/status/1096100866308870144

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hardly surprising that they got the PGA back. Eleven sport had it last year and gave away the subscription for free, despite that I think a grand total of 159 people watched it, it might have been a couple more.

The PGA of America probably took one look at the viewing figure and paid Sky to take it back (joking).

You can expect Serie A and La Liga to be making a return to Sky or BT in the not too distant future.

Srixon Z785 9.5 Hzrdus stiff

Srixon Z H85 16* Hzrdus stiff

Ping Karsten 22* Hybrid

Srixon Z U85 4i Recoil stiff

Srixon Z785 5-PW Modus 3 120 stiff
Srixon Z765 51* Modus stiff
Srixon Z765 57* Modus stiff
Cleveland RTX 3 62* TTDG
Nike Method Midnight 006

Monopolies aren't usually good but I like the monopoly that Sky has on golf. Obviously high quality free-to-air events would be better but at least you don't have to buy several subscriptions for various tournaments. Buy Sky and all the golf is there. PGA completes that.

Still think the Open should be on BBC though, important for public interest and growth of the game.

Monopolies aren't usually good but I like the monopoly that Sky has on golf. Obviously high quality free-to-air events would be better but at least you don't have to buy several subscriptions for various tournaments. Buy Sky and all the golf is there. PGA completes that.

Still think the Open should be on BBC though, important for public interest and growth of the game.

The BBC golf music intro..... :D

I have that music as my ringtone. Seriously. It brings back fond memories of my childhood growing up watching The Open and other assorted events when they were on the BBC. I interchange it with the

theme tune, which is also amazing.

As for the golf, it's a good thing it's back on Sky. Their coverage is light years better than anything else on offer. Last year's efforts by the PGA to stream the tournament on alternative platforms was a disaster. Nice to see they have come to their senses as well.

Great tune. Love all the old BBC Sport intros, Grandstand of course the classic, but my favourite is probably the snooker one.

I have that music as my ringtone. Seriously. It brings back fond memories of my childhood growing up watching The Open and other assorted events when they were on the BBC. I interchange it with the

As for the golf, it's a good thing it's back on Sky. Their coverage is light years better than anything else on offer. Last year's efforts by the PGA to stream the tournament on alternative platforms was a disaster. Nice to see they have come to their senses as well.

Nostalgia for seminal theme tunes aside, free-to-air sport in the UK is from a bygone era it's not going to return

For the most part Sky Sports do a very good job and I agree with the previous comment, I trust them as I pretty much know what I'm going to get but the others option are a risk.

TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

The Open IS on BBC..... at 11pm or on radio 5 live :lol:

source.gif

People forget that the BBC gave up their coverage of The Open as well. It means so little to them that they gave up on Royal Troon and the Sky deal started a year early as a result.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist T100 4-PW Stiff Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

The Open IS on BBC..... at 11pm or on radio 5 live :lol:

source.gif

People forget that the BBC gave up their coverage of The Open as well. It means so little to them that they gave up on Royal Troon and the Sky deal started a year early as a result.

1997 Open @ Troon was a low point for BBC coverage as they went away from the live golf coverage to show some horse racing and the viewers missed the bulk of Tiger's course record equalling 64.

The nostalgia for the BBC isn't aligned with reality their coverage wasn't anything special. Until Sky Sports came along we didn't have a comparison but standards are higher now.

TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

Nostalgia for seminal theme tunes aside, free-to-air sport in the UK is from a bygone era it's not going to return

For the most part Sky Sports do a very good job and I agree with the previous comment, I trust them as I pretty much know what I'm going to get but the others option are a risk.

Except for the the UK equivalent of McCord....Mark Roe

Ping Karsten 22* Hybrid

Cleveland RTX 3 62* TTDG
Nike Method Midnight 006

Haha! I can't stand Bruce Critchley either.

Radar is great though.

OMG that guy is a right tool, can Sky not hear him like we can, the absolute dross he comes out with, and apparently hes taught pro's!?!

DRIVER: Taylormade Sim Max 9*

3 WOOD: Adams Tight Lies TI 15*

5 WOOD: Taylormade SLDR 19*

HYBRID: Adams Pro DHY 21 & 24*

IRONS: Ping I500 6-PW

WEDGES:Ping Glide 3.0 50/54*

LOB WEDGE: Titleist SM7 Raw 58*

PUTTER: Taylormade Patina Ardmore 3

BALL: Taylormade TP5x

Haha! I can't stand Bruce Critchley either.

Radar is great though.

Bruce "The Colonel" Critchely was jettisoned a number of years ago now, he very occasionally appears to do one of those pompous pieces about the history of a golf club normally when one of the majors is at a very significant historical venue.

Radar can get a bit tedious if he over does the clowning around when he actually sticks to his job his insight and analysis is great. He reads/calls it very well.

I'm going to go against the grain and say I don't actually mind Mark Roe.

TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

Sky is part of the reason for Golfs decline in the British Isles........

Why can it not be on both BBC and the superior Sky?......... cause it’s all about the money..........

Why? are you trying to say BBC's dire coverage of 2 or 3 tournaments a year made people go and play?

At least Sky have tried to bring coverage into the 21st century

DRIVER: Taylormade Sim Max 9*

3 WOOD: Adams Tight Lies TI 15*

5 WOOD: Taylormade SLDR 19*

HYBRID: Adams Pro DHY 21 & 24*

IRONS: Ping I500 6-PW

WEDGES:Ping Glide 3.0 50/54*

LOB WEDGE: Titleist SM7 Raw 58*

PUTTER: Taylormade Patina Ardmore 3

BALL: Taylormade TP5x

Sky is part of the reason for Golfs decline in the British Isles........

Why can it not be on both BBC and the superior Sky?......... cause it’s all about the money..........

10000000000000000% incorrect. Sky have THE best coverage of all sports in the UK, maybe even worldwide. F1 is incredible too.

BBC are a shambles and used our TV licensing money to pay that ginger tosser over half a million quid a year to talk rubbish on the radio (yes he's Branson's now but... BBC are still overpaying their useless staff and not rewarding their tax payers with the TV coverage they deserve.)

I'm not a fan of Ewan Murray either - much prefer Ken Brown and Peter Alliss

It's hardly surprising that they got the PGA back. Eleven sport had it last year and gave away the subscription for free, despite that I think a grand total of 159 people watched it, it might have been a couple more.

The PGA of America probably took one look at the viewing figure and paid Sky to take it back (joking).

You can expect Serie A and La Liga to be making a return to Sky or BT in the not too distant future.

Replying to my own posts......yee ha.

Anyway my prediction came true.....ish. La Liga is coming to terrestrial TV in the form of ITV on a tele near you soon.

Ping Karsten 22* Hybrid

Cleveland RTX 3 62* TTDG
Nike Method Midnight 006