Tyson Lamb Putters

Eric05

> @Raiders said:

> > @BottleCap said:

> > > @Raiders said:

> > > > @longball said:

> > > > > @Raiders said:

> > > > > > @longball said:

> > > > > > I think he knows that if he starts producing a lot of putters sales will slow. The number of buyers willing to spend $1000+ on a putter is very limited. It is very easy to complain about not being able to buy one of his putters but many will shy away when presented with a real opportunity to buy one.

> > > > >

> > > > > no its not. i can name you literally thousands of guys who are willing to line up around the block to pay 1K for a Cameron. so that statement just isnt accurate. perhaps you meant to say you dont think people are willing to pay 1k for one of Tyson's putters? perhaps. i dont know the answer to that. maybe Tyson will be out of business in 5 years. you have your Swag putter yet?

> > > >

> > > > With millions of golfers in the World, "thousands of guys" is a limited customer pool.

> > > >

> > > > Is the Swag comment supposed to be an insult? Right now I am happy with my Nead putter. Maybe someday an opportunity to buy a Lamb will present itself.

> > >

> > > Nead makes great putters. i have two. very good craftsmanship. Swag wasnt supposed to be an insult.....just a friendly dig. i actually really like the companies headcovers. the putters to me are the same as Royalty putters in that imho they mine as well be mass produced in Taiwan because they look like the Skateboard graphics you see on deck in Walmart from 1996. and that just brought me back right there. but their headcover design is really fantastic. their name is awful and also reminds me of Walmart, except the Tshirt department. but as a capitalist im all for "the more the merrier" and "the cream will rise to the top". lots of really great putter makers out there. LaMont, Lajosi, Nead, Tyson, Bradley (their wood stuff is awesome), Byron, Cody James making some great stuff. i think there is a large enough pool of people wanting sticks from multiple makers that no one has to go hungry, however some may need to make and sell some collectible knick knacks to keep profits up. just one poor mans opinion.

> >

> > You're way off, it's 1986 skateboard graphics

> >

> > Also you're not just any old man.

> > You've been the pre 10:00am opening topic of conversation at the Scotty Cameron Gallery on at least two occasions.

>

> HAHAHA greeeeaaaattttt! i have oh so many people who like me in California. and i apologize you are correct on the '86 graphic. i would love to be a fly on the gallery wall to hear all the nice things being said about me. i am in very special company in the Cameron world. very few of us who have had explicit access to that world to have it all be ripped away in an instant. i went from having hundreds of friends and contacts throughout the world to have maybe 5-6 left that will still even associate with me anymore. i felt like people had to disconnect from me as i was a suppressive person or something (sorry been watching a lot of scientology docs lately). but i suppose its better to be infamous then non existent

It's the same dudes that do the talking, they also like to talk about fancy watches as well. It's like a measuring contest out there.

Your story is told as one of caution to new collectors, like a fable.

Story goes something like Santo wanted to be like "Eddie" or "Paige" and some other names who are collecting royalty, but you were close with the Studio, not Scotty like the others were. The lesson at the end was that you can buy your way into the Studio, but not into Scotty's circle.

The other story was that there was a dude that wanted to be like Santo, and spent a lot of money buying putters, and ran into some financial difficulties since he didn't have the means. The lesson here was to beware of trying to keep up with others.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

> @BottleCap said:

> > @Raiders said:

> > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > @Raiders said:

> > > > > @longball said:

> > > > > > @Raiders said:

> > > > > > > @longball said:

> > > > > > > I think he knows that if he starts producing a lot of putters sales will slow. The number of buyers willing to spend $1000+ on a putter is very limited. It is very easy to complain about not being able to buy one of his putters but many will shy away when presented with a real opportunity to buy one.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > no its not. i can name you literally thousands of guys who are willing to line up around the block to pay 1K for a Cameron. so that statement just isnt accurate. perhaps you meant to say you dont think people are willing to pay 1k for one of Tyson's putters? perhaps. i dont know the answer to that. maybe Tyson will be out of business in 5 years. you have your Swag putter yet?

> > > > >

> > > > > With millions of golfers in the World, "thousands of guys" is a limited customer pool.

> > > > >

> > > > > Is the Swag comment supposed to be an insult? Right now I am happy with my Nead putter. Maybe someday an opportunity to buy a Lamb will present itself.

> > > >

> > > > Nead makes great putters. i have two. very good craftsmanship. Swag wasnt supposed to be an insult.....just a friendly dig. i actually really like the companies headcovers. the putters to me are the same as Royalty putters in that imho they mine as well be mass produced in Taiwan because they look like the Skateboard graphics you see on deck in Walmart from 1996. and that just brought me back right there. but their headcover design is really fantastic. their name is awful and also reminds me of Walmart, except the Tshirt department. but as a capitalist im all for "the more the merrier" and "the cream will rise to the top". lots of really great putter makers out there. LaMont, Lajosi, Nead, Tyson, Bradley (their wood stuff is awesome), Byron, Cody James making some great stuff. i think there is a large enough pool of people wanting sticks from multiple makers that no one has to go hungry, however some may need to make and sell some collectible knick knacks to keep profits up. just one poor mans opinion.

> > >

> > > You're way off, it's 1986 skateboard graphics

> > >

> > > Also you're not just any old man.

> > > You've been the pre 10:00am opening topic of conversation at the Scotty Cameron Gallery on at least two occasions.

> >

> > HAHAHA greeeeaaaattttt! i have oh so many people who like me in California. and i apologize you are correct on the '86 graphic. i would love to be a fly on the gallery wall to hear all the nice things being said about me. i am in very special company in the Cameron world. very few of us who have had explicit access to that world to have it all be ripped away in an instant. i went from having hundreds of friends and contacts throughout the world to have maybe 5-6 left that will still even associate with me anymore. i felt like people had to disconnect from me as i was a suppressive person or something (sorry been watching a lot of scientology docs lately). but i suppose its better to be infamous then non existent

>

> It's the same dudes that do the talking, they also like to talk about fancy watches as well. It's like a measuring contest out there.

>

> Your story is told as one of caution to new collectors, like a fable.

> Story goes something like Santo wanted to be like "Eddie" or "Paige" and some other names who are collecting royalty, but you were close with the Studio, not Scotty like the others were. The lesson at the end was that you can buy your way into the Studio, but not into Scotty's circle.

> The other story was that there was a dude that wanted to be like Santo, and spent a lot of money buying putters, and ran into some financial difficulties since he didn't have the means. The lesson here was to beware of trying to keep up with others.

Which is a great lesson in life. the problem with being like Paige and Nancy or being like uncle Eddie was that i couldnt blindly idolize everything. it was my big reason for not being accepted into the "Circle of Friends". i was fortunate. i was granted access to the studio, granted access to scotty, granted access to hank and margaret etc. i was able to garner the respect in my seek for knowledge and history. i became great friends with lots of people and tried my best to help anyone who asked for my help. but i refused to keep my opinion to my self. i had major issue with the gallery and the fact that everything you cold ever want was purchasable right then and there for the most part. or at least you had access to ultra limited product based solely on proximity. in essence it ended "the hunt" in the collecting game. when you eliminate the hunt collecting gets stale. anyway yes i got under the skin of the socal crew and we clashed in opinions. i was also against ultra hard to access invitationals. i felt that they created too much of an "Inner Circle" that made way to many people feel they were left out of. im sure many people feel the same way about the tyson lamb buddies, but we tell everyone to come hang with us. anyway i flew too close to the sun. and unfortunately got burned.

> @Raiders said:

> > @BottleCap said:

> > > @Raiders said:

> > > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > @Raiders said:

> > > > > > > @Raiders said:

> > > > > > > > @longball said:

> > > > > > > > I think he knows that if he starts producing a lot of putters sales will slow. The number of buyers willing to spend $1000+ on a putter is very limited. It is very easy to complain about not being able to buy one of his putters but many will shy away when presented with a real opportunity to buy one.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > no its not. i can name you literally thousands of guys who are willing to line up around the block to pay 1K for a Cameron. so that statement just isnt accurate. perhaps you meant to say you dont think people are willing to pay 1k for one of Tyson's putters? perhaps. i dont know the answer to that. maybe Tyson will be out of business in 5 years. you have your Swag putter yet?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > With millions of golfers in the World, "thousands of guys" is a limited customer pool.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Is the Swag comment supposed to be an insult? Right now I am happy with my Nead putter. Maybe someday an opportunity to buy a Lamb will present itself.

> > > > >

> > > > > Nead makes great putters. i have two. very good craftsmanship. Swag wasnt supposed to be an insult.....just a friendly dig. i actually really like the companies headcovers. the putters to me are the same as Royalty putters in that imho they mine as well be mass produced in Taiwan because they look like the Skateboard graphics you see on deck in Walmart from 1996. and that just brought me back right there. but their headcover design is really fantastic. their name is awful and also reminds me of Walmart, except the Tshirt department. but as a capitalist im all for "the more the merrier" and "the cream will rise to the top". lots of really great putter makers out there. LaMont, Lajosi, Nead, Tyson, Bradley (their wood stuff is awesome), Byron, Cody James making some great stuff. i think there is a large enough pool of people wanting sticks from multiple makers that no one has to go hungry, however some may need to make and sell some collectible knick knacks to keep profits up. just one poor mans opinion.

> > > >

> > > > You're way off, it's 1986 skateboard graphics

> > > >

> > > > Also you're not just any old man.

> > > > You've been the pre 10:00am opening topic of conversation at the Scotty Cameron Gallery on at least two occasions.

> > >

> > > HAHAHA greeeeaaaattttt! i have oh so many people who like me in California. and i apologize you are correct on the '86 graphic. i would love to be a fly on the gallery wall to hear all the nice things being said about me. i am in very special company in the Cameron world. very few of us who have had explicit access to that world to have it all be ripped away in an instant. i went from having hundreds of friends and contacts throughout the world to have maybe 5-6 left that will still even associate with me anymore. i felt like people had to disconnect from me as i was a suppressive person or something (sorry been watching a lot of scientology docs lately). but i suppose its better to be infamous then non existent

> >

> > It's the same dudes that do the talking, they also like to talk about fancy watches as well. It's like a measuring contest out there.

> >

> > Your story is told as one of caution to new collectors, like a fable.

> > Story goes something like Santo wanted to be like "Eddie" or "Paige" and some other names who are collecting royalty, but you were close with the Studio, not Scotty like the others were. The lesson at the end was that you can buy your way into the Studio, but not into Scotty's circle.

> > The other story was that there was a dude that wanted to be like Santo, and spent a lot of money buying putters, and ran into some financial difficulties since he didn't have the means. The lesson here was to beware of trying to keep up with others.

>

> Which is a great lesson in life. the problem with being like Paige and Nancy or being like uncle Eddie was that i couldnt blindly idolize everything. it was my big reason for not being accepted into the "Circle of Friends". i was fortunate. i was granted access to the studio, granted access to scotty, granted access to hank and margaret etc. i was able to garner the respect in my seek for knowledge and history. i became great friends with lots of people and tried my best to help anyone who asked for my help. but i refused to keep my opinion to my self. i had major issue with the gallery and the fact that everything you cold ever want was purchasable right then and there for the most part. or at least you had access to ultra limited product based solely on proximity. in essence it ended "the hunt" in the collecting game. when you eliminate the hunt collecting gets stale. anyway yes i got under the skin of the socal crew and we clashed in opinions. i was also against ultra hard to access invitationals. i felt that they created too much of an "Inner Circle" that made way to many people feel they were left out of. im sure many people feel the same way about the tyson lamb buddies, but we tell everyone to come hang with us. anyway i flew too close to the sun. and unfortunately got burned.

Didn't sound like the folks talking had any animosity towards you.

It actually sounded like the types they loathe are the profiteers. The expectation of the elite collectors is to pass along things around cost to other collectors.

One time they were talking about a dude that posted a putter and was asking for 4k, and kept having to lower it. It sounded like it was a dishonorable deed to post it so high in the first place.

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

> @Raiders said:

> > @BottleCap said:

> > > @Raiders said:

> > > > @longball said:

> > > > > @Raiders said:

> > > > > > I think he knows that if he starts producing a lot of putters sales will slow. The number of buyers willing to spend $1000+ on a putter is very limited. It is very easy to complain about not being able to buy one of his putters but many will shy away when presented with a real opportunity to buy one.

> > > > >

> > > > > no its not. i can name you literally thousands of guys who are willing to line up around the block to pay 1K for a Cameron. so that statement just isnt accurate. perhaps you meant to say you dont think people are willing to pay 1k for one of Tyson's putters? perhaps. i dont know the answer to that. maybe Tyson will be out of business in 5 years. you have your Swag putter yet?

> > > >

> > > > With millions of golfers in the World, "thousands of guys" is a limited customer pool.

> > > >

> > > > Is the Swag comment supposed to be an insult? Right now I am happy with my Nead putter. Maybe someday an opportunity to buy a Lamb will present itself.

> > >

> > > Nead makes great putters. i have two. very good craftsmanship. Swag wasnt supposed to be an insult.....just a friendly dig. i actually really like the companies headcovers. the putters to me are the same as Royalty putters in that imho they mine as well be mass produced in Taiwan because they look like the Skateboard graphics you see on deck in Walmart from 1996. and that just brought me back right there. but their headcover design is really fantastic. their name is awful and also reminds me of Walmart, except the Tshirt department. but as a capitalist im all for "the more the merrier" and "the cream will rise to the top". lots of really great putter makers out there. LaMont, Lajosi, Nead, Tyson, Bradley (their wood stuff is awesome), Byron, Cody James making some great stuff. i think there is a large enough pool of people wanting sticks from multiple makers that no one has to go hungry, however some may need to make and sell some collectible knick knacks to keep profits up. just one poor mans opinion.

> >

> >

> > You've been the pre 10:00am opening topic of conversation at the Scotty Cameron Gallery on at least two occasions.

>

> HAHAHA greeeeaaaattttt! i have oh so many people who like me in California. and i apologize you are correct on the '86 graphic. i would love to be a fly on the gallery wall to hear all the nice things being said about me. i am in very special company in the Cameron world. very few of us who have had explicit access to that world to have it all be ripped away in an instant. i went from having hundreds of friends and contacts throughout the world to have maybe 5-6 left that will still even associate with me anymore. i felt like people had to disconnect from me as i was a suppressive person or something (sorry been watching a lot of scientology docs lately). but i suppose its better to be infamous then non existent

The SC crew have always talked of putters bringing strangers together which turned into lifelong friendships. Now you are telling us that isn't true? Shocking!!!

> @longball said:

> > @Raiders said:

> > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > @Raiders said:

> > > > > @longball said:

> > > > > > @Raiders said:

> > > > > > > @longball said:

> > > > > > > I think he knows that if he starts producing a lot of putters sales will slow. The number of buyers willing to spend $1000+ on a putter is very limited. It is very easy to complain about not being able to buy one of his putters but many will shy away when presented with a real opportunity to buy one.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > no its not. i can name you literally thousands of guys who are willing to line up around the block to pay 1K for a Cameron. so that statement just isnt accurate. perhaps you meant to say you dont think people are willing to pay 1k for one of Tyson's putters? perhaps. i dont know the answer to that. maybe Tyson will be out of business in 5 years. you have your Swag putter yet?

> > > > >

> > > > > With millions of golfers in the World, "thousands of guys" is a limited customer pool.

> > > > >

> > > > > Is the Swag comment supposed to be an insult? Right now I am happy with my Nead putter. Maybe someday an opportunity to buy a Lamb will present itself.

> > > >

> > > > Nead makes great putters. i have two. very good craftsmanship. Swag wasnt supposed to be an insult.....just a friendly dig. i actually really like the companies headcovers. the putters to me are the same as Royalty putters in that imho they mine as well be mass produced in Taiwan because they look like the Skateboard graphics you see on deck in Walmart from 1996. and that just brought me back right there. but their headcover design is really fantastic. their name is awful and also reminds me of Walmart, except the Tshirt department. but as a capitalist im all for "the more the merrier" and "the cream will rise to the top". lots of really great putter makers out there. LaMont, Lajosi, Nead, Tyson, Bradley (their wood stuff is awesome), Byron, Cody James making some great stuff. i think there is a large enough pool of people wanting sticks from multiple makers that no one has to go hungry, however some may need to make and sell some collectible knick knacks to keep profits up. just one poor mans opinion.

> > >

> > > You're way off, it's 1986 skateboard graphics

> > >

> > > Also you're not just any old man.

> > > You've been the pre 10:00am opening topic of conversation at the Scotty Cameron Gallery on at least two occasions.

> >

> > HAHAHA greeeeaaaattttt! i have oh so many people who like me in California. and i apologize you are correct on the '86 graphic. i would love to be a fly on the gallery wall to hear all the nice things being said about me. i am in very special company in the Cameron world. very few of us who have had explicit access to that world to have it all be ripped away in an instant. i went from having hundreds of friends and contacts throughout the world to have maybe 5-6 left that will still even associate with me anymore. i felt like people had to disconnect from me as i was a suppressive person or something (sorry been watching a lot of scientology docs lately). but i suppose its better to be infamous then non existent

>

> The SC crew have always talked of putters bringing strangers together which turned into lifelong friendships. Now you are telling us that isn't true? Shocking!!!

i can say with 100% certainty that i did make some life long friends through my time collecting cameron stuff. but 95% of those people either shunned me or just disassociated themselves from me for fear of getting in trouble themselves. there were open events i had to back out of because the studio said that if i was attending they wouldnt approve an event cover. petty stuff on the part of the studio. thats why i now try and stay away from the moniker of "Lambassador" because i feel it puts me into a box. i collect a lot of different artists putters. if i think it has artistic value i will buy it. but Tyson is my friend. i just happen to collect some of his stuff. but people think there is special treatment going around for the "inner circle" and i can tell you that of all the stuff i have from the Lambs i was only ever given maybe 2-3 things for FREE as it was a birthday present or such. i pay the same price everyone else does. also i miss releases just like the rest of everyone. i dont have even close to all the trinkets tyson has made because i couldnt checkout fast enough, and tyson didnt think it would be fair to hold things off to the side for me. if i dont get special treatment then no one is. i can guarantee it. but i digress. any hobby will produce friendships. lifelong is a long time and requires more then just a love for a product in my humble opinion. to forge lifelong friendships requires shared experiences, inside jokes, having some incriminating knowledge on said friend, telling at least a few lies on there behalf, spending time with that person family and friends from home etc. in other words you need to know the person more then just "hey you like putters and gold too!? Lets be besties!!!!"

p.s. the cameron world is a cult. if you are in it and reading this....proceed with caution.

Bob and crew at Betti run a great shop, probably one of the best in the industry. They also have a tone of guys and machines running. I recall seeing an IG post that the Lamb's just purchased a new shop and looking to expand. Two machines and two guys running them are clearly not enough to meet demand.

I'll echo a lot of what Santo has said also having come from the SC / TCC world, granted from a greater distance than him. I left the SC world for the same reasons, I like the growth of the private putter makers. I feel some of these guys taking their inspirations from those of who created the ground work are only strengthening that foundation. Tyson, Cody, Olsen, Bradley, Swag, Neptune, Two Talents.... list goes on and on. These guys can bring their own thing to the table for collectors and I think it's great.

I've made some great friends through Tyson and collecting his items. They make me feel good using them even when my game is terrible. I like sharing those items as I've definitely given away more than I've ever been given by the Lambs. Glad to see another post up and hope we all can discuss our opinions about the world of Lamb.

Cheers,

J

• Like 1

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra F8+[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Adams Tight Lies Tour 14.5[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra AMP 18[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Bridgestone J40 Combo [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MP3 52/58[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Tyson Lamb Custom Bridgeport[/font][/size]
[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif"]Vice Pro +[/font]

> @scratchswinger said:

> You must have done some shifty things to get blackballed like that.

The story goes that The Scotty Cameron Studio made Raiders some very unique items that 98 percent of folks could not get. Raiders was not happy he still wasn't in the 1 percent that was in Scotty Cameron's putter customer inner circle after spending lots of money.

So Raiders jumped into bed with Tyson Lamb so he could be a founding Lambassador and then went on an Instagram campaign promoting Tyson Lamb using Scotty Cameron hashtags. Final straw was when Raiders made a post where he said Tyson Lamb was more creative and a better Craftsman than Scotty Cameron implying that Scotty was over the hill.

Sad part is that Scotty didn't even know any of this happened since Raiders wasn't in his putter customer inner circle, his Studio employees carried it out.

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

> @BottleCap said:

> > @scratchswinger said:

> > You must have done some shifty things to get blackballed like that.

>

> The story goes that The Scotty Cameron Studio made Raiders some very unique items that 98 percent of folks could not get. Raiders was not happy he still wasn't in the 1 percent that was in Scotty Cameron's putter customer inner circle after spending lots of money.

>

> So Raiders jumped into bed with Tyson Lamb so he could be a founding Lambassador and then went on an Instagram campaign promoting Tyson Lamb using Scotty Cameron hashtags. Final straw was when Raiders made a post where he said Tyson Lamb was more creative and a better Craftsman than Scotty Cameron implying that Scotty was over the hill.

>

> Sad part is that Scotty didn't even know any of this happened since Raiders wasn't in his putter customer inner circle, his Studio employees carried it out.

>

>

That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard all week.

i sup> @BottleCap said:

>

> The story goes that The Scotty Cameron Studio made Raiders some very unique items that 98 percent of folks could not get. Raiders was not happy he still wasn't in the 1 percent that was in Scotty Cameron's putter customer inner circle after spending lots of money.

>

> So Raiders jumped into bed with Tyson Lamb so he could be a founding Lambassador and then went on an Instagram campaign promoting Tyson Lamb using Scotty Cameron hashtags. Final straw was when Raiders made a post where he said Tyson Lamb was more creative and a better Craftsman than Scotty Cameron implying that Scotty was over the hill.

>

> Sad part is that Scotty didn't even know any of this happened since Raiders wasn't in his putter customer inner circle, his Studio employees carried it out.

>

>

I suppose it's believable if you believe biased rumors, or more importantly, if you don't know Santo.

• Like 1
Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

> @mws82 said:

> I’m just impressed that guy has that much clout that the studio wouldn’t produce something if he attended.

> @mbrown1833 said:

> i sup> @BottleCap said:

> > > @scratchswinger said:

> > > You must have done some shifty things to get blackballed like that.

> >

> > The story goes that The Scotty Cameron Studio made Raiders some very unique items that 98 percent of folks could not get. Raiders was not happy he still wasn't in the 1 percent that was in Scotty Cameron's putter customer inner circle after spending lots of money.

> >

> > So Raiders jumped into bed with Tyson Lamb so he could be a founding Lambassador and then went on an Instagram campaign promoting Tyson Lamb using Scotty Cameron hashtags. Final straw was when Raiders made a post where he said Tyson Lamb was more creative and a better Craftsman than Scotty Cameron implying that Scotty was over the hill.

> >

> > Sad part is that Scotty didn't even know any of this happened since Raiders wasn't in his putter customer inner circle, his Studio employees carried it out.

> >

> >

>

> I suppose it's believable if you believe biased rumors, or more importantly, if you don't know Santo.

That's the story told by the Scotty Cameron Gallery TCC crowd, has there been a story from another angle?

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

> @BottleCap said:

> > @mws82 said:

> > I’m just impressed that guy has that much clout that the studio wouldn’t produce something if he attended.

>

> > @mbrown1833 said:

> > i sup> @BottleCap said:

> > > > @scratchswinger said:

> > > > You must have done some shifty things to get blackballed like that.

> > >

> > > The story goes that The Scotty Cameron Studio made Raiders some very unique items that 98 percent of folks could not get. Raiders was not happy he still wasn't in the 1 percent that was in Scotty Cameron's putter customer inner circle after spending lots of money.

> > >

> > > So Raiders jumped into bed with Tyson Lamb so he could be a founding Lambassador and then went on an Instagram campaign promoting Tyson Lamb using Scotty Cameron hashtags. Final straw was when Raiders made a post where he said Tyson Lamb was more creative and a better Craftsman than Scotty Cameron implying that Scotty was over the hill.

> > >

> > > Sad part is that Scotty didn't even know any of this happened since Raiders wasn't in his putter customer inner circle, his Studio employees carried it out.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I suppose it's believable if you believe biased rumors, or more importantly, if you don't know Santo.

>

> That's the story told by the Scotty Cameron Gallery TCC crowd, has there been a story from another angle?

I can tell you that if you knew Santo, that you would know someone was filling in their own blanks with that story.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

> @mbrown1833 said:

> > @BottleCap said:

> > > @mws82 said:

> > > I’m just impressed that guy has that much clout that the studio wouldn’t produce something if he attended.

> >

> > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > i sup> @BottleCap said:

> > > > > @scratchswinger said:

> > > > > You must have done some shifty things to get blackballed like that.

> > > >

> > > > The story goes that The Scotty Cameron Studio made Raiders some very unique items that 98 percent of folks could not get. Raiders was not happy he still wasn't in the 1 percent that was in Scotty Cameron's putter customer inner circle after spending lots of money.

> > > >

> > > > So Raiders jumped into bed with Tyson Lamb so he could be a founding Lambassador and then went on an Instagram campaign promoting Tyson Lamb using Scotty Cameron hashtags. Final straw was when Raiders made a post where he said Tyson Lamb was more creative and a better Craftsman than Scotty Cameron implying that Scotty was over the hill.

> > > >

> > > > Sad part is that Scotty didn't even know any of this happened since Raiders wasn't in his putter customer inner circle, his Studio employees carried it out.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I suppose it's believable if you believe biased rumors, or more importantly, if you don't know Santo.

> >

> > That's the story told by the Scotty Cameron Gallery TCC crowd, has there been a story from another angle?

>

> I can tell you that if you knew Santo, that you would know someone was filling in their own blanks with that story.

Sounds like you don't know anything about the TCC crowd. Most of them can't play golf, it's the folks that should be playing the red tees. Most are collectors of putters, watches, and cigars

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

> @BottleCap said:

> > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > @mws82 said:

> > > > I’m just impressed that guy has that much clout that the studio wouldn’t produce something if he attended.

> > >

> > > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > > i sup> @BottleCap said:

> > > > > > @scratchswinger said:

> > > > > > You must have done some shifty things to get blackballed like that.

> > > > >

> > > > > The story goes that The Scotty Cameron Studio made Raiders some very unique items that 98 percent of folks could not get. Raiders was not happy he still wasn't in the 1 percent that was in Scotty Cameron's putter customer inner circle after spending lots of money.

> > > > >

> > > > > So Raiders jumped into bed with Tyson Lamb so he could be a founding Lambassador and then went on an Instagram campaign promoting Tyson Lamb using Scotty Cameron hashtags. Final straw was when Raiders made a post where he said Tyson Lamb was more creative and a better Craftsman than Scotty Cameron implying that Scotty was over the hill.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sad part is that Scotty didn't even know any of this happened since Raiders wasn't in his putter customer inner circle, his Studio employees carried it out.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I suppose it's believable if you believe biased rumors, or more importantly, if you don't know Santo.

> > >

> > > That's the story told by the Scotty Cameron Gallery TCC crowd, has there been a story from another angle?

> >

> > I can tell you that if you knew Santo, that you would know someone was filling in their own blanks with that story.

>

> Sounds like you don't know anything about the TCC crowd. Most of them can't play golf, it's the folks that should be playing the red tees. Most are collectors of putters, watches, and cigars

I'm not talking about playing abilities and hobbies--- I'm talking about their ability to grow a tale.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

> @mbrown1833 said:

> > @BottleCap said:

> > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > @mws82 said:

> > > > > I’m just impressed that guy has that much clout that the studio wouldn’t produce something if he attended.

> > > >

> > > > > @mbrown1833 said:

> > > > > i sup> @BottleCap said:

> > > > > > > @scratchswinger said:

> > > > > > > You must have done some shifty things to get blackballed like that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The story goes that The Scotty Cameron Studio made Raiders some very unique items that 98 percent of folks could not get. Raiders was not happy he still wasn't in the 1 percent that was in Scotty Cameron's putter customer inner circle after spending lots of money.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So Raiders jumped into bed with Tyson Lamb so he could be a founding Lambassador and then went on an Instagram campaign promoting Tyson Lamb using Scotty Cameron hashtags. Final straw was when Raiders made a post where he said Tyson Lamb was more creative and a better Craftsman than Scotty Cameron implying that Scotty was over the hill.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sad part is that Scotty didn't even know any of this happened since Raiders wasn't in his putter customer inner circle, his Studio employees carried it out.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I suppose it's believable if you believe biased rumors, or more importantly, if you don't know Santo.

> > > >

> > > > That's the story told by the Scotty Cameron Gallery TCC crowd, has there been a story from another angle?

> > >

> > > I can tell you that if you knew Santo, that you would know someone was filling in their own blanks with that story.

> >

> > Sounds like you don't know anything about the TCC crowd. Most of them can't play golf, it's the folks that should be playing the red tees. Most are collectors of putters, watches, and cigars

>

> I'm not talking about playing abilities and hobbies--- I'm talking about their ability to grow a tale.

What do you think they do? They don't play golf, so they stand around telling stories

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

> @Raiders said:

> > @BottleCap said:

> > > @Raiders said:

> > > > @longball said:

> > > > > @Raiders said:

> > > > > > I think he knows that if he starts producing a lot of putters sales will slow. The number of buyers willing to spend $1000+ on a putter is very limited. It is very easy to complain about not being able to buy one of his putters but many will shy away when presented with

> @Raiders said:

> > @BottleCap said:

> > > @Raiders said:

> > > > @longball said:

> > > > > @Raiders said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

I live in NorCal and I still like you bud!

I think its an interesting one, for me people are hating on the name because its fashionable to do so now.

People don't know Tyson - or hard he and the family work. I think its all a little unfair. What they are trying to do is build a business for the future while trying to keep people happy now and we all know that isnt something that can happen overnight. Accessories and lots of them mean the company can pay its way and expand. Putters at the moment have been under the radar but I can promise people this isnt always going to be the case. I know for a fact the Lambs want to get putters in peoples hands so they can experience the craftsmanship and finish of his work.

The outings look heck of a lot of fun, and its a great way to make the collecting more than a hobby. Its about making friendships with people and getting to golf at some cool places.

Santo had a bad deal in a way with SC in the end and its pretty sad, as I know he still has some pretty cool putters. SC loss is Tyson's gain IMO.

Lets just enjoy Lamb Crafted for what it is - super cool high end stuff.... and appreciate the work that has gone into creating a nearly global brand.

Rich

> @BottleCap said:

>

>

>

>

>

Be careful, Santo will send you a nasty pm and berate you if you are critical of anything Lamb.

> @richcollins said:

> I think its an interesting one, for me people are hating on the name because its fashionable to do so now.

>

> People don't know Tyson - or hard he and the family work. I think its all a little unfair. What they are trying to do is build a business for the future while trying to keep people happy now and we all know that isnt something that can happen overnight. Accessories and lots of them mean the company can pay its way and expand. Putters at the moment have been under the radar but I can promise people this isnt always going to be the case. I know for a fact the Lambs want to get putters in peoples hands so they can experience the craftsmanship and finish of his work.

>

> The outings look heck of a lot of fun, and its a great way to make the collecting more than a hobby. Its about making friendships with people and getting to golf at some cool places.

>

> Santo had a bad deal in a way with SC in the end and its pretty sad, as I know he still has some pretty cool putters. SC loss is Tyson's gain IMO.

>

> Lets just enjoy Lamb Crafted for what it is - super cool high end stuff.... and appreciate the work that has gone into creating a nearly global brand.

>

>

> Rich

Why do you say it's a global brand?

I don't know if it's even a National brand.

It is an internet brand.

• Like 1

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

> @BottleCap said:

> > @richcollins said:

> > I think its an interesting one, for me people are hating on the name because its fashionable to do so now.

> >

> > People don't know Tyson - or hard he and the family work. I think its all a little unfair. What they are trying to do is build a business for the future while trying to keep people happy now and we all know that isnt something that can happen overnight. Accessories and lots of them mean the company can pay its way and expand. Putters at the moment have been under the radar but I can promise people this isnt always going to be the case. I know for a fact the Lambs want to get putters in peoples hands so they can experience the craftsmanship and finish of his work.

> >

> > The outings look heck of a lot of fun, and its a great way to make the collecting more than a hobby. Its about making friendships with people and getting to golf at some cool places.

> >

> > Santo had a bad deal in a way with SC in the end and its pretty sad, as I know he still has some pretty cool putters. SC loss is Tyson's gain IMO.

> >

> > Lets just enjoy Lamb Crafted for what it is - super cool high end stuff.... and appreciate the work that has gone into creating a nearly global brand.

> >

> >

> > Rich

>

> Why do you say it's a global brand?

> I don't know if it's even a National brand.

> It is an internet brand.

To be fair the internet is global.

> @JunkerJorge said:

> > @BottleCap said:

> > > @richcollins said:

> > > I think its an interesting one, for me people are hating on the name because its fashionable to do so now.

> > >

> > > People don't know Tyson - or hard he and the family work. I think its all a little unfair. What they are trying to do is build a business for the future while trying to keep people happy now and we all know that isnt something that can happen overnight. Accessories and lots of them mean the company can pay its way and expand. Putters at the moment have been under the radar but I can promise people this isnt always going to be the case. I know for a fact the Lambs want to get putters in peoples hands so they can experience the craftsmanship and finish of his work.

> > >

> > > The outings look heck of a lot of fun, and its a great way to make the collecting more than a hobby. Its about making friendships with people and getting to golf at some cool places.

> > >

> > > Santo had a bad deal in a way with SC in the end and its pretty sad, as I know he still has some pretty cool putters. SC loss is Tyson's gain IMO.

> > >

> > > Lets just enjoy Lamb Crafted for what it is - super cool high end stuff.... and appreciate the work that has gone into creating a nearly global brand.

> > >

> > >

> > > Rich

> >

> > Why do you say it's a global brand?

> > I don't know if it's even a National brand.

> > It is an internet brand.

>

> To be fair the internet is global.

>

People can view the website, but do people from outside Golfwrx and Texas care to?

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

So, it's been a while.. From a design perspective I think that his work will soon become stale. I really do like some of his design touches, but in the span from introduction to today there are several others offering the same and makers like Bettinardi pushing past. And, there are others delivering product with innovations that are not aesthetic but with a crappy name, ala Swag.

Lamb seems to occupy the same space as the blonde trophy wife in the Rover waiting in the independent school hook-up line.

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

> @BottleCap said:

> > @JunkerJorge said:

> > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > @richcollins said:

> > > > I think its an interesting one, for me people are hating on the name because its fashionable to do so now.

> > > >

> > > > People don't know Tyson - or hard he and the family work. I think its all a little unfair. What they are trying to do is build a business for the future while trying to keep people happy now and we all know that isnt something that can happen overnight. Accessories and lots of them mean the company can pay its way and expand. Putters at the moment have been under the radar but I can promise people this isnt always going to be the case. I know for a fact the Lambs want to get putters in peoples hands so they can experience the craftsmanship and finish of his work.

> > > >

> > > > The outings look heck of a lot of fun, and its a great way to make the collecting more than a hobby. Its about making friendships with people and getting to golf at some cool places.

> > > >

> > > > Santo had a bad deal in a way with SC in the end and its pretty sad, as I know he still has some pretty cool putters. SC loss is Tyson's gain IMO.

> > > >

> > > > Lets just enjoy Lamb Crafted for what it is - super cool high end stuff.... and appreciate the work that has gone into creating a nearly global brand.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Rich

> > >

> > > Why do you say it's a global brand?

> > > I don't know if it's even a National brand.

> > > It is an internet brand.

> >

> > To be fair the internet is global.

> >

>

> People can view the website, but do people from outside Golfwrx and Texas care to?

As someone from the UK - knowing several other guys who collect in the UK.... Yes for sure.

There is also the japan connections and other things. I know putters have made it down to South America as well.

Its more global than you think - in the same way 99% of these boutique companies are.

> @scratchswinger said:

> > @FlyOver said:

> > > @scratchswinger said:

> > > Does anyone know if he will be releasing a mallet?

> > Mallet? He needs to release blades first, lol!

> >

>

> How often does he release putters? Sorry but I don't keep with his releases at all.

I think there’s been one or two since he said he’d be doing monthly about a year ago.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link