Tyson Lamb Putters

Eric05

> @scratchswinger said:

> > @FlyOver said:

> > > @scratchswinger said:

> > > Does anyone know if he will be releasing a mallet?

> > Mallet? He needs to release blades first, lol!

> >

>

> How often does he release putters? Sorry but I don't keep with his releases at all.

Only 10 a month, because he makes accessories to stay in business.

If I'm counting correctly...he's had 3 releases since late 2017 of actual putters. I was fortunate enough to get one in the first batch. Still trying to get my hands on a second. The fit and finish on his putters are really second to none - just like his accessories. That said, I wish he'd stop committing to any sort of release schedule until he's actually ready to stick to it.

• Like 1

> @scratchswinger said:

> That is pretty wild, I really had no idea. He is essentially a maker of luxury trinket's that dabbles with golf clubs. His stuff looks nice and I would be interested in a mallet but I would not be interested in fighting robots, flippers, and highly passionate IG fans to get one.

Exactly and it’s why I don’t bother purchasing an accessory from him. I will buy an accessory after I am able to purchase his putter. IMO, it’s like buying a Mercedes AMG rim without the car.

• Like 1

> @FlyOver said:

> > @scratchswinger said:

> > That is pretty wild, I really had no idea. He is essentially a maker of luxury trinket's that dabbles with golf clubs. His stuff looks nice and I would be interested in a mallet but I would not be interested in fighting robots, flippers, and highly passionate IG fans to get one.

>

> Exactly and it’s why I don’t bother purchasing an accessory from him. I will buy an accessory after I am able to purchase a putter from him. IMO, it’s like buying a Mercedes AMG rim without the car.

Precisely my gripe as well. His covers look great, but I have zero use for them on a wall, or another putter. I wouldn’t consider myself a collector, just have a handful of Byron and Lajosi covers to go with my putters.

> @tleader said:

> > @FlyOver said:

> > > That is pretty wild, I really had no idea. He is essentially a maker of luxury trinket's that dabbles with golf clubs. His stuff looks nice and I would be interested in a mallet but I would not be interested in fighting robots, flippers, and highly passionate IG fans to get one.

> >

> > Exactly and it’s why I don’t bother purchasing an accessory from him. I will buy an accessory after I am able to purchase a putter from him. IMO, it’s like buying a Mercedes AMG rim without the car.

>

> Precisely my gripe as well. His covers look great, but I have zero use for them on a wall, or another putter. I wouldn’t consider myself a collector, just have a handful of Byron and Lajosi covers to go with my putters.

Happy to see someone else have the same view. It’s why I don’t understand all of the hoopla about Lamb accessories. They look good and I’m sure being manufactured in the USA, means it’s made with quality, but I can get the same quality with Bettinardi accessories, which is also made in the USA. Not to mention, if I wanted a Bettinardi Hive or custom made putter from them....it’s not as difficult to purchase.

Seriously, someone tell me Betti’s Hive putters and accessories aren’t to par or better than Lamb products?

https://bettinardi.com/collections/hive-archive

• Like 1

> @FlyOver said:

> > @tleader said:

> > > @FlyOver said:

> > > > @scratchswinger said:

> > > > That is pretty wild, I really had no idea. He is essentially a maker of luxury trinket's that dabbles with golf clubs. His stuff looks nice and I would be interested in a mallet but I would not be interested in fighting robots, flippers, and highly passionate IG fans to get one.

> > >

> > > Exactly and it’s why I don’t bother purchasing an accessory from him. I will buy an accessory after I am able to purchase a putter from him. IMO, it’s like buying a Mercedes AMG rim without the car.

> >

> > Precisely my gripe as well. His covers look great, but I have zero use for them on a wall, or another putter. I wouldn’t consider myself a collector, just have a handful of Byron and Lajosi covers to go with my putters.

>

> Happy to see someone else have the same view. It’s why I don’t understand all of the hoopla about Lamb accessories. They look good and I’m sure being manufactured in the USA, means it’s made with quality, but I can get the same quality with Bettinardi accessories, which is also made in the USA. Not to mention, if I wanted a Bettnardi Hive or custom made putter from them.

For sure. If he was an accessory maker, like Seamus I would consider it. He’s touting himself as a putter manufacturer, who in turn, produces very few putters. I wish him well, but I’m completely turned off the brand due to this business model.

I also won’t compete with robots, flippers, and bidders for the “right” to buy a 95% pre-made putter. Take my deposit and put me on a list for a true custom build, otherwise I’ll go elsewhere.

As an unbiased consumer looking from the outside and visiting his instagram page. This is what I see. A young entrepneuer making money through accessories sales, then going out on golfing trips and partying with friends and the patrons who he sells most of his putters to. Then back to the grind of making more accessories, repeat and rinse. He is getting older and maybe maturing and why he has elected to invest in his business infrastructure (bigger building and more CNC machines) to grow his business and start turning out putters. Again, I could be very wrong....but, that is what I preceive from his instagram page and perception is reality!

• Like 1

My thoughts and maybe more of a question but doesn’t Lamb make other things that are the main source of income. Not the trinkets but I was under the impression that he made car parts for gas monkey garage and some other high end custom stuff for other industries. (Or once upon a time he did) I believe I’ve seen nice pieces for golf courses like trophies, awards etc. I thought Bettinardi was doing this too until he made enough money to start the putters and I think they still do outside work I don’t know. Someone please let me know. I have seen every lamb thread come and go on this site and I always wondered if what I thought was actually true or not.

Lastly, if his passion was making putters and he needed a way to hustle and make the most money possible so he could one day only make putters like Bettinardi and Cameron you gotta try. I can’t buy a lamb or the trinkets or anything high end in the putter world but jeez Lamb is playing golf making golf stuff and seems to really enjoy the golf world. My dad loves cars. Can’t afford them but loves to look. Maybe I’m the same way with putters and therefore I admire these putter people and what they can do. I’d love a lamb thread with some actual putters from guys that have them....just my 2 cents.

> @Willian70 said:

> My thoughts and maybe more of a question but doesn’t Lamb make other things that are the main source of income. Not the trinkets but I was under the impression that he made car parts for gas monkey garage and some other high end custom stuff for other industries. (Or once upon a time he did) I believe I’ve seen nice pieces for golf courses like trophies, awards etc. I thought Bettinardi was doing this too until he made enough money to start the putters and I think they still do outside work I don’t know. Someone please let me know. I have seen every lamb thread come and go on this site and I always wondered if what I thought was actually true or not.

> Lastly, if his passion was making putters and he needed a way to hustle and make the most money possible so he could one day only make putters like Bettinardi and Cameron you gotta try. I can’t buy a lamb or the trinkets or anything high end in the putter world but jeez Lamb is playing golf making golf stuff and seems to really enjoy the golf world. My dad loves cars. Can’t afford them but loves to look. Maybe I’m the same way with putters and therefore I admire these putter people and what they can do. I’d love a lamb thread with some actual putters from guys that have them....just my 2 cents.

>

>

I can't really speak for LambCrafted, but as far as Bettinardi is concerned, I don't think he "needed the money" to start making putters...putters are more like a hobby for them. Bettinardi owns X-Cel Technologies, [https://xcelcnc.com/#homePage](https://www.xcelcnc.com/#homePage "https://xcelcnc.com/#homePage") , one of the premier CNC machine shops in the country, if not world, doing very high volume/precision machining for things like communications, etc. This predates the putters, which he got into after seeing CNC putters in a golf shop one day. My father retired from QC in CNC/machining/tool and die in the communications industry, and I had heard of X-Cel that way. X-Cel/Bettinardi machined all of Scotty Cameron's putters in the early to mid '90s, and founded Bettinardi Golf and his own putter line about the same time as Cameron quit having putters made there.

I don't mean this as a slight to Lamb, but I don't/wouldn't put Bettinardi and Lamb on the same level in terms of machining ability or size of operation.

> @chris975d said:

> > @Willian70 said:

> > My thoughts and maybe more of a question but doesn’t Lamb make other things that are the main source of income. Not the trinkets but I was under the impression that he made car parts for gas monkey garage and some other high end custom stuff for other industries. (Or once upon a time he did) I believe I’ve seen nice pieces for golf courses like trophies, awards etc. I thought Bettinardi was doing this too until he made enough money to start the putters and I think they still do outside work I don’t know. Someone please let me know. I have seen every lamb thread come and go on this site and I always wondered if what I thought was actually true or not.

> > Lastly, if his passion was making putters and he needed a way to hustle and make the most money possible so he could one day only make putters like Bettinardi and Cameron you gotta try. I can’t buy a lamb or the trinkets or anything high end in the putter world but jeez Lamb is playing golf making golf stuff and seems to really enjoy the golf world. My dad loves cars. Can’t afford them but loves to look. Maybe I’m the same way with putters and therefore I admire these putter people and what they can do. I’d love a lamb thread with some actual putters from guys that have them....just my 2 cents.

> >

> >

>

> I can't really speak for LambCrafted, but as far as Bettinardi is concerned, I don't think he "needed the money" to start making putters...putters are more like a hobby for them. Bettinardi owns X-Cel Technologies, [https://xcelcnc.com/#homePage](https://www.xcelcnc.com/#homePage "https://xcelcnc.com/#homePage") , one of the premier CNC machine shops in the country, if not world, doing very high volume/precision machining for things like communications, etc. This predates the putters, which he got into after seeing CNC putters in a golf shop one day. My father retired from QC in CNC/machining/tool and die in the communications industry, and I had heard of X-Cel that way. X-Cel/Bettinardi machined all of Scotty Cameron's putters in the early to mid '90s, and founded Bettinardi Golf and his own putter line about the same time as Cameron quit having putters made there.

>

> I don't mean this as a slight to Lamb, but I don't/wouldn't put Bettinardi and Lamb on the same level in terms of machining ability or size of operation.

I did not mean any disrespect to anyone or any following. I was curious if there might be similar thoughts on the process to become the great/greatest. Social media is one heck of a drug to feed the addiction of golf/sports and many times we don’t see the process just the end results. Thanks for the clarification I like history lessons being a history guy!!

> @chris975d said:

> > @Willian70 said:

> > My thoughts and maybe more of a question but doesn’t Lamb make other things that are the main source of income. Not the trinkets but I was under the impression that he made car parts for gas monkey garage and some other high end custom stuff for other industries. (Or once upon a time he did) I believe I’ve seen nice pieces for golf courses like trophies, awards etc. I thought Bettinardi was doing this too until he made enough money to start the putters and I think they still do outside work I don’t know. Someone please let me know. I have seen every lamb thread come and go on this site and I always wondered if what I thought was actually true or not.

> > Lastly, if his passion was making putters and he needed a way to hustle and make the most money possible so he could one day only make putters like Bettinardi and Cameron you gotta try. I can’t buy a lamb or the trinkets or anything high end in the putter world but jeez Lamb is playing golf making golf stuff and seems to really enjoy the golf world. My dad loves cars. Can’t afford them but loves to look. Maybe I’m the same way with putters and therefore I admire these putter people and what they can do. I’d love a lamb thread with some actual putters from guys that have them....just my 2 cents.

> >

> >

>

> I can't really speak for LambCrafted, but as far as Bettinardi is concerned, I don't think he "needed the money" to start making putters...putters are more like a hobby for them. Bettinardi owns X-Cel Technologies, [https://xcelcnc.com/#homePage](https://www.xcelcnc.com/#homePage "https://xcelcnc.com/#homePage") , one of the premier CNC machine shops in the country, if not world, doing very high volume/precision machining for things like communications, etc. This predates the putters, which he got into after seeing CNC putters in a golf shop one day. My father retired from QC in CNC/machining/tool and die in the communications industry, and I had heard of X-Cel that way. X-Cel/Bettinardi machined all of Scotty Cameron's putters in the early to mid '90s, and founded Bettinardi Golf and his own putter line about the same time as Cameron quit having putters made there.

>

> I don't mean this as a slight to Lamb, but I don't/wouldn't put Bettinardi and Lamb on the same level in terms of machining ability or size of operation.

Thank you for the insight!

> @FlyOver said:

> > @scratchswinger said:

> > That is pretty wild, I really had no idea. He is essentially a maker of luxury trinket's that dabbles with golf clubs. His stuff looks nice and I would be interested in a mallet but I would not be interested in fighting robots, flippers, and highly passionate IG fans to get one.

>

> Exactly and it’s why I don’t bother purchasing an accessory from him. I will buy an accessory after I am able to purchase his putter. IMO, it’s like buying a Mercedes AMG rim without the car.

Your Mercedes analogy isn't correct IMO because you can't do anything with just a rim. Sure if you bought four rims you could put them on your 92 Honda civic much like you can put a Lamb headcover on a Ping putter. But his divot tools and ball markers are usable without needing a putter. Just my 2 cents.

> @976-Evil said:

> > @FlyOver said:

> > > That is pretty wild, I really had no idea. He is essentially a maker of luxury trinket's that dabbles with golf clubs. His stuff looks nice and I would be interested in a mallet but I would not be interested in fighting robots, flippers, and highly passionate IG fans to get one.

> >

> > Exactly and it’s why I don’t bother purchasing an accessory from him. I will buy an accessory after I am able to purchase his putter. IMO, it’s like buying a Mercedes AMG rim without the car.

>

> Your Mercedes analogy isn't correct IMO because you can't do anything with just a rim. Sure if you bought four rims you could put them on your 92 Honda civic much like you can put a Lamb headcover on a Ping putter. But his divot tools and ball markers are usable without needing a putter. Just my 2 cents.

Maybe a better analogy would be a Mercedes/AMG key chain while driving a Honda, or a Rolex ball cap while wearing a Timex. Sure, the keychain and the cap are standalone, functional items, but to use and carry one without owning the main product from the company seems pretty silly. The trinkets are just basically marketingbranding material for the main product.