Ping I210 Long Term Reviews - Anyone?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If one puts any stock in Maltby MPF, the Blueprint is actually easier to hit than the i210. The BP has a lower COG, rear COG is about the same. i210 does have higher MOi, which I don’t care about on i

@Argonne69 @Nixhex524 @karstens_ghost - Appreciate the input, guys. Definitely looking to give these a try to see for myself. Might try to go hit a demo this week if I can find one.

Shot a 75 today with new i210. Hit some great shots and a few crappy ones. Had a swing issue first 9 that was making me hook all my shots. Found i210 easy to work. Best example was 132 yards to fl

Finally got my first round in and have to say i love these irons. The longer irons are easy to hit and before I made the choice I was looking at the Cobra Forged Tecs, the TM790s and the G710s. The standard loft and lie worked well with my current wedge set up and look forward to putting in some more rounds with them.

• 4 weeks later...

OP, hope you enjoying your i210's!

Anyone playing i210's with Oban CT - 115 shafts? I currently have a set of i210's which I like but am thinking about changing over to the Oban's. I've hit them in some other irons and had great results and feedback.

Any insight would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Recent convert to i210’s with recoil shafts. Coming from z745’s and have to say the higher ball flight of the i210’s has helped my scoring. Really love the recoils and can see why these are often in players clubs. Smooth with a higher launch than my Nippon’s...think these will be hard to get out of the bag...

Taylormade M6 10.5* UST V2 HL
Taylormade SIM Max 3/5 Wood UST Helium

Taylormade SIM Max 4/5 Hybrid Recoil ESX
Taylormade P770 6/7 Mitsubishi MMT

Taylormade P7MC 8-PW Mitsubishi MMT

Callaway MD2 Tour 51* Nippon NS V90

Callaway MD Forged 54* Nippon NS V90

Vokey SM7 (raw) 58* Nippon NS V90

Mizuno M Craft 1 Putter

Callaway Play Yellow

Playing the i210s with power specs and Modus 105s shafts. Man, they go so far! I think they go 1-2 clubs further per club VS my old i20s with CFS stiff shafts. Loving the feel and trying to calibrate the distance. Anyone else playing power specs? What are your distances?

PW - 135, 9i - 150, 8i - 165, 7i - 180, 6i - 195, 5i - 210 for me thus far...

• 4 weeks later...

Back to the Ping. This isn't a long term review, but a short term one. Switched back to Ping from Mizuno JPX 919 Tours. The Tours felt great, but the long irons I ordered in the combo set went low and left, not enough spin, they were too upright even though I ordered them flat. The Ping long irons in the i210 are just so much easier to hit long and high. I went with the X100 which I haven't used in years and the ball is flying higher with more spin and straighter. So glad to be back in the Ping i series.

Titleist TS3 10.5 Graphite Design BB 70X
Titleist TS2 15* HZRDUS X
Callaway Super Hybrid 20* Tensei Orange X
Ping i210 4-U X100
Ping Glide 3.0 56* & 60* S400 Half Moon Grind
Ping Anser 2 Heppler
ProV1

• 2 weeks later...

So can these still be ordered ? I don't see them on the golf retail stores sights.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

• 2 weeks later...

I have about 2 months worth of rounds with the i210’s, power spec, and recoil shafts with smac wrap. Smooth with just the right amount of feedback. These replaced my i20’s which I loved but wanted something new with a graphite shaft. 60 years old, replaced shoulder, rebuilt wrist and quite a few back and hip problems. These have been perfect in terms of vibration and joint pain. So far.....

Callaway Rogue Driver 
TEE E8 Beta 3W
Callaway Epic Hybrid 
PING i210 irons 4-gap recoil 780 F4 smacwrap
PING Glide 3.0 54*, 58* Glide 3.0 Eye 2
SeeMore MFGP Nashville Studio Series
Titleist ProV1x
All grips Golf Pride Tour Velvet plus 4

I ordered a set as recently as 7/11/2020, but their ship date is extremely delayed as Ping is way behind. Estimated ship date is August 26th, right at 6.5 weeks.

Driver: Ping G400 Max w/ Ping Alta CB 55 Stiff (44.5")

Fairway: Ping G410 SFT 3W w/ Ping Alta CB 65 Stiff

Hybrids: Ping G 3H-4H w/ Ping Alta 70 Regular

Irons: Ping i210 5i-Gap w/ Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff (+0.5"/1.5* upright)

Wedges: Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 54 SS / 58 ES w/ Ping AWT 2.0 Wedge Flex

Putter: Taylormade Spider X Navy (35")

So i just bought a set 5-UW. Played my first round with them and i love them compared to my cobras. I ordered my matching set 4 iron to complete the set.

But now that I’m thinking as a high handicapper, should i keep my order for the 4 iron or spend a little more and just get a hybrid to match the specs?

Are irons a strength? How well do you hit the 5 iron and what’s the yardage gap between it and your 6 iron? If it’s healthy perhaps you will handle the 4 iron no problem. For most players, however, it is easier to get the 4 iron distance out of a hybrid on mishits. Very player dependent. I also like the option of a 4 iron with a lighter graphite shaft that launches higher vs the rest of the set.

I bough the full set 3-PW because I am OCD.

If you don’t have issues with the 5, the 4 will be relatively similar in ease. I have no launching the 4 at standard loft of 22.5*.

I am a medium to low ball hitter and swing the driver just below 100mph.

I just ordered a set of i210 4-U.

Ive been fit into them but never ordered them. Im playing the T100 and hitting them well but my iron game is struggling so Im going to try something different.

Should get them in a few days.

SIM MAX 10.5 TOUR AD DI 6

SIM MAX FAIRWAY 15 TOUR AD DI 7

SIM HYBRID 19 TOUR AD DI 85

TITLEIST T100S 3-PW PX LZ 6.0

VOKEY SM8 CHROME 52 56S 60M TOUR ISSUE DGS400

TRIPLE TRACK 

I've gamed both. Not "back to back" though, played a season with 718AP2 in between gaming the i200 and i210; so I've never done a side by side. But from what I can remember, they are very similar. Notable exceptions are that the i210 are definitely softer feeling. Offset in long irons is hidden more. And I think they have a slightly thinner topline.

• Like 1

TaylorMade SIM 10.5*, HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g 6.5
TaylorMade SIM Max 3W 15*, HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g 6.5
Titleist 818H1 21*, Tensei Pro White 90S
Taylormade P770 4-PW, KBS Tour 120 S
Titleist Vokey SM8 50F, 54S, 58M

TaylorMade Spider X
SM 4.5LS 14 Way

Thanks I am considering i210, iblade, 718 AP2 or the T100 soon. I have mostly been a PING guy because the factory being close means I get loft lir adjustments and other services for next to nothing. I love the company.

Viktor Hovland and Tyrell Hatton are two of the best iron players in the world and they play i210. I don’t think you need to swallow your pride for playin iBlade : ) BTW love your bag!

Maybe he has I haven't stayed that on top of it. I think I heard something at Memorial he took all the bounce off his irons but I didn't pay attention to what model they were. I know he was using Blueprints and i210 in various combo sets for awhile.

I have been using the i210s since November of last year coming from Mizuno 900 JPX. Love the i210s. They’re a touch more forgiving and the feel is fantastic for a cast iron. I also own an older set of s55 irons and those are THE best feeling cast irons ever made (that I’ve hit). However, the s55 irons are a touch more demanding than the 210s...

Ping 400 Max

M2 15 degrees

Ping Rapture Hybrid 18/21

Ping i210

Ping Glide Wedges 2.0 50/54/58

Ping Anser Sigma 2

Doubtful this year but likely next year. Hard call to make right now. IMO the differences between the i200 and i210 is about 1-2%. Pretty much irrelevant. If it's another similar tweaking then I'd say just get the i210's now.

They are darn near perfect IMO. The thing that I keep wondering about is whether or not they'll do something to make them longer. When they get compared to other irons in a similar category they excel at spin and consistency but they are not on the longer end. And longer sells. Even if it shouldn't. They could progressively give the long irons a smidge more pop (through 7 since that's what everyone tests) and probably see a spike in hype/sales. I'm just not sure how they could really improve them in any meaningful way.

Seeing as how my i210s are 6 weeks on backorder, I'm not sure sales have been much of an issue for them.

The length issue is why I actually liked them and purchased them. I hit them against the P790 and sure, those things were rocket launchers, but the 6-iron is 3 degrees stronger compared to the i210. They aren't totally immune to the loft-creep craze, but they are better than a lot of their peers. It doesn't make sense to spread out the short-irons and mid-irons with 15-20 yard gaps and bunch up the long-irons with 10 yard gaps when you're trying to be much more precise from inside 160 than from 160+.

But it does sell!

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G400 Max w/ Ping Alta CB 55 Stiff (44.5")

Fairway: Ping G410 SFT 3W w/ Ping Alta CB 65 Stiff

Hybrids: Ping G 3H-4H w/ Ping Alta 70 Regular

Irons: Ping i210 5i-Gap w/ Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff (+0.5"/1.5* upright)

Wedges: Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 54 SS / 58 ES w/ Ping AWT 2.0 Wedge Flex

Putter: Taylormade Spider X Navy (35")

I think they’ve designed them just right for distance. I found the i200 way more consistent than the p790.

Plus the Pings have lots of bounce so if you want to power spec the lofts for more distance, no big deal. They play the same. I did it on a set of i200s and it worked perfectly. Brought the flight down into the window I lke and added about a half-club in distance.

They’re very adjustable, whatever you want.

• 1 month later...

Just purchased a set of i210’s with DG105 in stiff.  I’ve been playing the G410’s for the last few months and although they’re nice, didn’t love the feel. Also, when I went hard on them, I would have these massive draws.  Not sure if that’s due to the offset, or if the AWT shaft wasn’t quite right. 

I’ve been fitted for the DG105’s in the past and so far during range time, the i210’s with the DG105’s were perfect. Easy to hit, nice flight and when I went after it, just a nice baby draw. 

Playing them for the first time tomorrow. 

DRIVER - PING G410 LST

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G410 3W

HYBRIDS - PING G410 3H

IRONS - PING i210 4-PW

WEDGES - PING GLIDE 3.0 50, 54 & 58

PUTTER - SCOTTY CAMERON NEWPORT 2