Ping I210 Long Term Reviews - Anyone?

Eagerly waiting on my i210s to come back from Ping, should be this week.  I had one round on them before sending them out to be built to my specs.... been playing lots of players CBs and have to say, even after one round and not fitting me properly, these are the easiest irons I have hit in a long time, LONG time.  They do feel a bit better than the 200s even if performance gains are minimal.  Really looking forward to getting these back out on the course, abnormally excited.

• Like 2

Titleist TSi2 9* Tensei AV 65 Raw White

Titleist 917f2 16.5* Diamana S+ 70s

Titleist 915h 21* Aldila Rogue black 85s

Srixon Z785 4-P Modus 120s

Titleist Vokey SM6 52/12F, SM7 58/8M

Ping Anser Milled 2 34"

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If one puts any stock in Maltby MPF, the Blueprint is actually easier to hit than the i210. The BP has a lower COG, rear COG is about the same. i210 does have higher MOi, which I don’t care about on i

@Argonne69 @Nixhex524 @karstens_ghost - Appreciate the input, guys. Definitely looking to give these a try to see for myself. Might try to go hit a demo this week if I can find one.

Eagerly waiting on my i210s to come back from Ping, should be this week.  I had one round on them before sending them out to be built to my specs.... been playing lots of players CBs and have to say,

Has anyone went from playing MBs/blades to the i210s? I've developed some interest in these lately along with some other player CBs. I do favor PING a lot so these are at the top of my list. I've been playing forged blades for the last two years but I kind of want to take a bit more "forgiveness" approach to my set up going into next year. I guess the two biggest things holding me back are the size profile and the feel. Hoping to hear some experiences, good and bad.

Edited by cflo2382

PING G400 @ 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Black Velo 7X

PING G400 5 Wood @ 16.5* - Aldila RIPx 95TX

Mizuno MP-20 HMB 3i - Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4i-6i / MB 7i-PW - Nippon Modus 125X

PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54*, & 60* - DG TI S400 Onyx

Lajosi Sensor Custom

Lamkin UTX, PRO V1x, Hoofer Tour

5 hours ago, cflo2382 said:

Has anyone went from playing MBs/blades to the i210s? I've developed some interest in these lately along with some other player CBs. I do favor PING a lot so these are at the top of my list. I've been playing forged blades for the last two years but I kind of want to take a bit more "forgiveness" approach to my set up going into next year. I guess the two biggest things holding me back are the size profile and the feel. Hoping to hear some experiences, good and bad.

I played Mizuno MBs and CBs (MP-57/54/68/60/64/5) for over 10 years before switching to i200s (w/ traditional lofts) 3 seasons ago. I wanted a little more forgiveness. I was looking at the Mizuno JPX line, but I didn't like the feel. I tried the Srixon CBs, but I couldn't get enough spin from them. 

The i200s did the trick. They'll never be mistaken for a forged MB, but they're good enough. Yes, they're larger than the MB/CBs, but not shovel-like. I like the fact that I picked up 10 yds of distance with the same lofts. The fact that practically every Ping staffer on the LPGA was playing them was a selling point given that my swing speed is similar. 

I do like the look of the 210s more, but the reviews I've read indicate that they spin a bit less than the 200s, and I need all the spin I can get, so the 200s stay in the bag for now. 

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G400 7wd 20.5 - Alta CB 65 Stiff 43"
Ping G400 9wd 23.5 - Alta CB 65 Stiff
Ping G400 26 and 30 hybrids - Alta CB 70 Stiff
Ping i200 7-P (2 Deg Weak) Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - True Temper X95 S300
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

8 hours ago, cflo2382 said:

I have been playing the Ben Hogan Icons for the last couple months and they are a very forgiving blade, but a bunch of my playing partners are going the way of "more help"....  I saw a set of i210s at my local store used, but near mint and decided to pull the trigger.  I will say, the short irons, maybe 7 and down, do look a little bigger but still playerish enough.  The long irons will definitely show more mass and a touch more offset.  If you can get used to the look and focus on what you're actually trying to accomplish, the results will speak for themselves IMO.  One round out with the i210s and I was in love, it didnt feel like I mis hit one all day.  The i210s are surprisingly soft feeling, probably the softest Ping iron I have tried yet.  I have to get them out more, but I just don't see a downside yet.

• Like 1

Ping Anser Milled 2 34"

8 hours ago, cflo2382 said:

I've found that the 4-iron I have of the 210s is fantastic; I simply have to focus on centre contact. The main problem for me is that the Blueprints are smaller. As such, they tend to have a centre strike on what would be the inner-third from the 4-iron. It's neither good nor bad; just something to be aware of depending on the size of your current blade, and if you combo. It's a progressive set, so this is a long iron issue. Good luck.

• Like 2

410LST 8º, 13º, 3h 18º, 210 4i, Blueprint s400ti, forged 50/54/58, fetch with breakthrough shaft. First par round 4 Oct 2020.

@Argonne69 @Nixhex524 @karstens_ghost - Appreciate the input, guys. Definitely looking to give these a try to see for myself. Might try to go hit a demo this week if I can find one.

• Like 3

PING G400 @ 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Black Velo 7X

PING G400 5 Wood @ 16.5* - Aldila RIPx 95TX

Mizuno MP-20 HMB 3i - Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4i-6i / MB 7i-PW - Nippon Modus 125X

PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54*, & 60* - DG TI S400 Onyx

Lajosi Sensor Custom

Lamkin UTX, PRO V1x, Hoofer Tour

Great irons.  Second round in the books and the i210’s are super easy to hit and accurate. It’s like throwing darts at the flags. Super impressed. 

Edited by jbandalo
  • Like 1

DRIVER - PING G410 LST

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G410 3W

HYBRIDS - PING G410 3H

IRONS - PING i210 4-PW

WEDGES - PING GLIDE 3.0 50, 54 & 58

PUTTER - SCOTTY CAMERON NEWPORT 2

Question - does Ping "hard step" their DG120 shafts standard?

I have two sets; DG 120 TI S400 and DG 120 X100 and unless I am misreading the serial number it seems both are hard stepped. (4i has 39 listed as length of shaft in serial number...isn't standard 39.5 for 4i?)

One set I called Ping and asked them to look up the serial numbers - the shafts must have been changed because their system showed S300. The other set i havent called yet and certainly could be a similar situation with aftermarket change but seems weird I would randomly buy two sets that happen to be hard stepped. 

19 hours ago, Cachaulo said:

Question - does Ping "hard step" their DG120 shafts standard?

I have two sets; DG 120 TI S400 and DG 120 X100 and unless I am misreading the serial number it seems both are hard stepped. (4i has 39 listed as length of shaft in serial number...isn't standard 39.5 for 4i?)

One set I called Ping and asked them to look up the serial numbers - the shafts must have been changed because their system showed S300. The other set i havent called yet and certainly could be a similar situation with aftermarket change but seems weird I would randomly buy two sets that happen to be hard stepped. 

No, they do not.

Got mine back from Ping today... Had green bent to black, shortened a 1/2" and asked for swingweight to be adjusted if need be, also had them regripped with GP Tour Wraps.  Shipped from and to my local Roger Dunn all for $108.  I feel like that is a pretty good deal overall honestly.  The clubs were like new when I found them in the used section, still had plastic on the numbers of the clubs on the soles.... Taking them out tomorrow and will see how they are, really looking forward to it, some of the best feeling irons I have tried yet.  Yes, I said that and they ARE cast.

• Like 2

Ping Anser Milled 2 34"

3 hours ago, Nixhex524 said:

Got mine back from Ping today... Had green bent to black, shortened a 1/2" and asked for swingweight to be adjusted if need be, also had them regripped with GP Tour Wraps.  Shipped from and to my local Roger Dunn all for $108.  I feel like that is a pretty good deal overall honestly.  The clubs were like new when I found them in the used section, still had plastic on the numbers of the clubs on the soles.... Taking them out tomorrow and will see how they are, really looking forward to it, some of the best feeling irons I have tried yet.  Yes, I said that and they ARE cast.

That is officially a steal

• Like 2

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 @ 8.75

Taylormade RocketBallz Tour 3 Hybrid 18.5 or MP Titanium 4W 16.5

Nike Victory Red Hybrid 3 21.0

Mizuno MP 52 4-PW

Mizuno MP T-11 52/07

Wilson Staff PMP Wedge 56/14

Mizuno MP T-11 60/05

Mizuno/Bettinardi  BC1

I have been playing the Ping S56 Irons since they came out and have attempted to replace them too many times to count. The latest attempts were with a combo set of Callaway Apex Pro 19 / Apex Mb....long irons went miles with a huge gap between 7mb and 6cb....not enough to knock out the consistency of the S56 even though they were longer. Next, a set of Srixon Z785. While this was one of the best feeling irons I have hit, they were a bit longer than my S56 but I could not get over the shape and let them on they merry way.

NOW, I purchased a set of i210s, for a couple of reasons. 1) for a bit of added forgiveness even though I have not problems hitting any of the S56 irons...but why not make the game a little easier.... 2) perhaps a little extra length (1/2 club?), hey, I'm not getting any younger.

So...a couple of range sessions and two rounds later, I'm not getting the warm and fuzzies like everyone else. I cannot seem to strike them quite as well (diff shafts, kbs vs PX LZ) therefore the consistency is off again. One thing I noticed on the set I purchased...they are blue dot, and appear to be 1/2" longer than my S56. From what I found online the lengths should be 36.75" (S56) and 37" (i210). Contemplating just letting them go.....or getting them adjusted to black dot and trim the butt end of the shafts and regrip.  

^^^  Hate to say it, but I am feeling the same.  First few rounds I loved them but the more I play with them the more I am feeling different things.   I'm not feeling super consistent with them as far as turf interaction goes as well as striking them all over the face... don't know what my problem is, but I think I'm going to take the Hogans back out and see how things go.  I feel like I get lazy with larger irons expecting them to do more of the work whereas the smaller player irons force me to focus and make a good swing.  IDK...

Ping Anser Milled 2 34"

13 hours ago, Nixhex524 said:

^^^  Hate to say it, but I am feeling the same.  First few rounds I loved them but the more I play with them the more I am feeling different things.   I'm not feeling super consistent with them as far as turf interaction goes as well as striking them all over the face... don't know what my problem is, but I think I'm going to take the Hogans back out and see how things go.  I feel like I get lazy with larger irons expecting them to do more of the work whereas the smaller player irons force me to focus and make a good swing.  IDK...

I’ve been battling this same thing myself looking to go more forgiving. Been playing Miura blades most of the season as well as Mizuno MP20 and Srixon 945. I’ve gotten myself down to a +0.5 and had a handful of great under par rounds but keep wondering if a little extra help would yield better results. I’ve played i210/200 in the past and agree about the long irons. I had trouble with the combo of high bounce and offset. I just picked up and built a set of T100 and they are the real deal. They’re tiny. They fully look like a blade but they’re super forgiving. MOI like an i210 but tiny shaved off sole and no offset. First time out with them yesterday - 15/18 greens and +3 in 8 Celsius with 2 three putts and two drops off tee shots (driver swing changes NOT grooves yet haha!). I hit a couple that I knew would not have been up with my blades and were pin high. 

The i210 is a great club and I agree it’s in lots of tour bags but they also have access to custom grinds or reduced offset etc - we don’t know what they’re really playing. I had much more success when I played the iBlade. Spun like crazy for me though. 

Edited by TigerInTheWoods
  • Like 1

Taylormade Sim 9* Ventus Velo Blue 7x 

Taylormade Sim Max 3W Aldila Rogue 110MSI 70x

Taylormade Sim Max 5W Ventus Velo Blue 7x

Taylormade P7MC 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100

Taylormade MG2 51* SB Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Taylormade MG2 TW 56* + 60* Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Byron Morgan DH89 34.75/70*/2*

Titleist Pro -V1x  or Bridgestone Tour BXS

Ping Hoofer

Interesting comments. The previous couple posts is what I am finding. A few days ago I put the blueprint with ctaper against my i210 px lz and I was more accurate with the blueprint. It was easier to hit straight or with a draw, little knockdowns etc.

Is it possible the longer blade length is a bit harder to turn over? The CG is farther from the hosel?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

Interesting comments. The previous couple posts is what I am finding. A few days ago I put the blueprint with ctaper against my i210 px lz and I was more accurate with the blueprint. It was easier to hit straight or with a draw, little knockdowns etc.

Is it possible the longer blade length is a bit harder to turn over? The CG is farther from the hosel?

If one puts any stock in Maltby MPF, the Blueprint is actually easier to hit than the i210. The BP has a lower COG, rear COG is about the same. i210 does have higher MOi, which I don’t care about on irons. 

I always look at C-Dimension. BP has sweet spot pretty much dead center on a smaller blade length. 

To me the wider sole plus high bounce on the i210 is the issue for some in terms of turf interaction. I don’t necessarily mind the bounce but when combined with a wider sole it seems like the effective bounce is even higher. Srixon has high bounce irons but the v-sole gives it a different feel. 

I’ve hit the Blueprints twice now and am surprised at how well I hit them. I really enjoy the feel of them, but I always lean toward solid over soft. They’re not mushy, more of a thumper. Feels like compression has occurred. 

• Like 3