Adam Scott with a Directed Force putter?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't tell the grip but it was big, I think it was one of the proprietary grips.

Thats quite a change from arm-lock. its the red model too.

Maybe hes like me and started to feel like he was losing touch and feel with an arm lock putter. stability was wonderful, but speed a constant issue.

Callaway Mavrik Standard Tensei Pro White 70TX 44.5"
Titleist 16.5* TS3 Diamana White 80TX
Titleist 19.5* TS2 Ventus Blue 8X
Titleist 24.5* TS3 Hybrid 38.25" Project X LZ 6.5 125g
Cobra King Forged CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5 125g
Ping Glide 3.0 51-55-60 Project X LZ 6.5 125g
Ping Sigma 2 Wolverine H 34.5"

Couldn't tell the grip but it was big, I think it was one of the proprietary grips.

Thats quite a change from arm-lock. its the red model too.

Maybe hes like me and started to feel like he was losing touch and feel with an arm lock putter. stability was wonderful, but speed a constant issue.

It is the LAB press grip.

this is the ugliest putter i have ever seen.

Yes.....But if it works it becomes beautiful in the eye of the user very quickly.

I kind of like this one actually:

http://www.directedforce.com/product-p/sblad.1.htm

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

He has been putting it on great lines, just cant get it to the hole.

Do you think its because of the directed force, like because it forces him one way so he essentially backs off a tad?

Also, whats your avatar?

It could be the putter. I left everything short when I switched to one. The face is not hot at all. It is extremely grooved, so there's not much contact surface. It is also a very low lofted putter (2°) and with the press grip on it, I was delofting it even more. The press grip is designed to be used with your hands being vertical. Most people are used to learning the handle forward. The swingweight is also F0, which is different.

Do you think its because of the directed force, like because it forces him one way so he essentially backs off a tad?

Also, whats your avatar?

It could be the putter. I left everything short when I switched to one. The face is not hot at all. It is extremely grooved, so there's not much contact surface.

I wondered the same thing, but the Taylormade insert doesn't have much contact surface area either and it's generally regarded as being hot off the face. Same for the old Nike Method putters.

Also, whats your avatar?

It could be the putter. I left everything short when I switched to one. The face is not hot at all. It is extremely grooved, so there's not much contact surface.

I wondered the same thing, but the Taylormade insert doesn't have much contact surface area either and it's generally regarded as being hot off the face. Same for the old Nike Method putters.

Maybe something with the design of the insert. The DF putter doesn't have an insert. The whole basis behind EVNROLL's face design is that less contact area means less energy transfer.

Love my Directed Force. It has been in the bag for a long time for me, like three years. The face takes some getting used to, it is very slow off the face.

Titleist TS3 10.5 Graphite Design BB 70X
Titleist TS2 15* HZRDUS X
Callaway Super Hybrid 20* Tensei Orange X
Ping i210 4-U X100
Ping Glide 3.0 56* & 60* S400 Half Moon Grind
LAB Blad B2
ProV1

What is wrong with him? He finally starts putting pretty well with the arm braced method and then he decides to switch? The bracing seemed to cure his possible problems with flipping with a standard putter grip so why switch. Hopefully he'll go back to the braced method and really play well this year. His swing is terrific to watch but unless he putts well you won't see him on to much.

What is wrong with him? He finally starts putting pretty well with the arm braced method and then he decides to switch? The bracing seemed to cure his possible problems with flipping with a standard putter grip so why switch. Hopefully he'll go back to the braced method and really play well this year. His swing is terrific to watch but unless he putts well you won't see him on to much.

Agree, seems very odd. They showed his strokes gained putting rank from last yr this yr and he has moved up like 145 spots. Biggest change on tour. And decides to switch putters? You could tell his routine was slower and he was thinking more. Missed a few shorties and his speed was off most of the day. Misses the cut. Brutal!

I like rooting for him and it was great to seeing him playing well. Everyone was missing puts in LA, should have just kept a good thing going. I'm guessing he goes back with armlock.

Tough to make cuts out there hitting only 52% of the greens. His iron play was horrible this week, and not much better off the tee.

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade SIM 8* @7.25* with TPT (15/LKP/MT/SW).
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM Titanium @14.25* with Japanese B70X.
5 Wood or Hybrid, Searching for SIM MAX 19*
Driving Iron: Callaway 2018 CF18 18*  with KBS Prototype 105X
Irons: Sub70 699 Pro, 4-PW with Recoil 110 F5
Wedges: Sub70 Raw Milled 50, 54, 60(59) with Recoil 110 F5.
Putter: Directed Force Reno at 34 inches and 69* lie angle (Stability Tour Only blacked out putter shaft) and custom site line. 

Ball: Snell MTB-X Yellow

Tough to make cuts out there hitting only 52% of the greens. His iron play was horrible this week, and not much better off the tee.

The thing I don't get is why switch at all? He was inside the Top15 twice with the armlock and now 67th with the DF.

Callaway Mavrik SZ Triple Diamond 9° w/ Fuji Motore Speeder VC 6.2 Tour Spec X-Flex
Taylormade SIM 19° set to 17.5° w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI 9X
Titleist U510 2 Iron 18° w/ PX 6.0
Titleist 680 MB 3-PW w/ DG X100
TaylorMade MG2 TW 56°, 60° w/ DGS400
Odyssey White Hot Tour 7H 33"

The thing I don't get is why switch at all? He was inside the Top15 twice with the armlock and now 67th with the DF.

He felt it gives him a better chance at winning and he hit his line more often.

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade SIM 8* @7.25* with TPT (15/LKP/MT/SW).
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM Titanium @14.25* with Japanese B70X.
5 Wood or Hybrid, Searching for SIM MAX 19*
Driving Iron: Callaway 2018 CF18 18*  with KBS Prototype 105X
Irons: Sub70 699 Pro, 4-PW with Recoil 110 F5
Wedges: Sub70 Raw Milled 50, 54, 60(59) with Recoil 110 F5.
Putter: Directed Force Reno at 34 inches and 69* lie angle (Stability Tour Only blacked out putter shaft) and custom site line. 

Ball: Snell MTB-X Yellow

In complete agreement with you on this! For the first time in 2-3 years his putting looked OK. Not world beating but OK and near to a level where he was able to contend. He doesn't half do some strange things at times with the putting. Definitely makes me think that his putting problems are mental more than anything else.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist T100 4-PW Stiff Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

Exactly, miss a cpl putts you think you should make and it creeps into the rest of the game. He missed the cut by one stroke. I saw him miss a 4 footer. That could have been the difference. And was the last cpl tourneys when he was climbing leaderboards.

That's why I think he was doing better with the arm lock. Kind of ironic that a locked in stroke some how freed him up a bit. He just looked so much more comfortable on the greens.

I always see him with multiple putters in his bag during practice rounds. In the last 6 months he's used 6 different putters. Long, blade, arm lock, centre shafted and heel shafted mallets. I wanna see him bring back the Rev X10 proto!

Titleist TS4, 10.5*, Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
Titleist TS2, 16.5*, Fujikura Rombax P95 
Titleist 718 T-MB 4-iron, Project X
Titleist 680, 4-9-iron, KBS Tour 
Titleist Vokey SM7, 48.10, AMT Tour White
Titleist Vokey SM8, 52.08, AMT Tour White
Titleist Vokey SM8, 56.10, AMT Tour White
Titleist Vokey SM8 60.06K, AMT Tour White
Titleist Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5
Pro V1

"I'll be having a look at that space machine!" - Jim, my daughter's caddie at St. Andrews, upon his first view of my DF last summer. Gave it a good run for two seasons, but found the new "magic" right after getting home, lol.

BTW, putted the best I've putted in a long time after putting the new one in the bag last July. I thought I was putting really well with the DF, but the stats and scores just didn't bear it out. Anyway, I really enjoyed it but found a putter that just "fits" and feels the way I really want a putter to fit and feel - we'll see what happens this season. Still have the DF (actually 2, lol, because I upgraded last year to the newest model) so you never know.