Jason Day. Out not with a bang but with a whimper.

Back injury again. He just withdrew from API. He is never healthy enough to really get in gear. Is this basically the end of Jason Day? Soon he’ll just be on medical leave waiting to get better, and time will move on. Quite a shame because he could’ve been one of the greats.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His swing just looks like it torques the back. Wish him well and a speedy recovery.

Ping G410LST 9* / Agera 75X                  

Cally Mav SZ 13.5* / Fuji Ventus Black 7X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 wedges / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Lack of hip rotation.

Listen to what I say; I’m an internet expert.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I somehow never think he is as bad off as he lets on. Seems to be a bit of a drama queen.

I’d have to agree. However, his swing does look painful.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I somehow never think he is as bad off as he lets on. Seems to be a bit of a drama queen.

LOL, must have gotten one of those MRIs that exaggerate those tears to his disks. ;-)

Now, you want to make fun of his PSR, I'm all over it.

Man O man this guy is a snowflake

Ping G400 Max 10.5* Fubuki K 60x : Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 63x
Ping G400 7w 19.5* Blueboard 73x : Callaway Apex '16 4h 23* Fubuki 82x

Callaway Apex CF16 5i AD DI 85x  :  6i - PW Recoil Prototype 95 f4
Vokey SM2 50*  Vokey SM2 TVD 54*m & 59*m DG s400 Onyx

Callaway ‘19 PM Grind 64* DG s400 Onyx ~~ Piretti Matera Elite

Why on earth would Day think that a back injury that serious would "loosen up" after a bit of golf? Either there's something he's not telling the media, or he has an incompetent doctor.

Doctor: It's bad news I'm afraid Jason. The MRI shows that you have an annular tear in the L4-L5 discs in your back.

Day: "Crikey Doc, that sounds bad! What's the treatment?"

Doctor: Well normally I'd recommend surgery, but in your case I'm sure it will loosen up after a solid range session or two. You're all good to play in the API.

Day: "OK fair dinkum Doc. Good on ya."

It looks like his back injury didn't keep him from making a trip to the Magic Kingdom today

D1J_2DzX0AEnPF3.jpg

D1KFcUkW0AEO-zg.jpg

TaylorMade SIM 9* - Fujikura Speeder TR 857X

TaylorMade SIM Max Rocket 14* - Fujikura Rombax P95X

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 - Fujikura Pro 95i Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-9 - DG TI X100

TaylorMade MG Tour Chrome 46*, Raw 50*, Raw 55* - DG TI S400

TaylorMade Tour Hi Toe Raw Face 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback

I think Rory's dentist diagnosed this "annular" tear

Ping G400 Max 10.5* Fubuki K 60x : Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 63x
Ping G400 7w 19.5* Blueboard 73x : Callaway Apex '16 4h 23* Fubuki 82x

Callaway Apex CF16 5i AD DI 85x  :  6i - PW Recoil Prototype 95 f4
Vokey SM2 50*  Vokey SM2 TVD 54*m & 59*m DG s400 Onyx

Callaway ‘19 PM Grind 64* DG s400 Onyx ~~ Piretti Matera Elite

The dude pushed his body to the limits working out and became #1 in the world. Now he is injured because of it. Call me crazy but i would take that tradeoff, he cashed in on that hard work while it lasted.

Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB Black

The pics from Disney are terrific. Well played! Where else but WRX.

[size=3][b][u]In the Hoofer[/u][/b][/size]

[b][size=3]TaylorMade M5 10.5° [/size][/b][size=2]Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S [/size]
[size=3][b]TaylorMade M2 15° [/b][/size][size=2]Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70-S  [/size]
[size=3][b]TaylorMade RSi TP UDI #2 [/b][size=2]Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-95 S  [/size][/size]
[size=3][b]Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW [/b][size=2]KBS Tour $-Taper 120 S [/size][/size]
[size=3][b]Titleist Vokey SM7 50.12F, 54.08M, 58.08M [/b][size=2]KBS Tour 120 S [/size][/size]
[size=3][b]Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 [/b]
[b]Titleist ProV1X [/b][/size]

Longevity in golf does not seem possible with modern tempo/speed. Is a shorter ball better for all?

Isn’t a speed issue persay. It’s the extreme unnatural angles they create coupled with the high speed transition.

Day doesn’t rotate hips much at all. I never hit it like him but I had similar issues, I’m two hip labral repair and two herniated now. If he think he can’t walk now...

Longevity in golf does not seem possible with modern tempo/speed. Is a shorter ball better for all?

Isn’t a speed issue persay. It’s the extreme unnatural angles they create coupled with the high speed transition.

Day doesn’t rotate hips much at all. I never hit it like him but I had similar issues, I’m two hip labral repair and two herniated now. If he think he can’t walk now...

I feel like a lot of the old timers took a good crack at it. Jack and Arnie didn’t leave much in the tank and they played for a long long time. It just seemed like maybe their swings were more free flowing when compared to Day.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Apparently he has L4-L5 anular tear.Being familiar with those 2 discs i can tell you playing without heavy meds and walking is not possible.Ask Tiger. Ive given Day plenty grief on his other "ailments" but back issues arent fake.Theyre not going away for him sadly.I hope he avoids surgery and plays a smart schedule. If hes at disney hes on meds because walking and sitting is very tough with that!

Apparently he has L4-L5 anular tear.Being familiar with those 2 discs i can tell you playing without heavy meds and walking is not possible.Ask Tiger. Ive given Day plenty grief on his other "ailments" but back issues arent fake.Theyre not going away for him sadly.I hope he avoids surgery and plays a smart schedule. If hes at disney hes on meds because walking and sitting is very tough with that!

You're right! Anyone with that kind of back issue knows what he goes through, I wish a lot of people would get off his case about his back, I've lived with something very similar for a long time, yes you can manage it to a certain point, but imagine how much fun it is putting your back out from sneezing or putting your socks one morning, can lay a person up days if not a week or 2, then there's getting back into whatever your normal day and job is, constantly fearful it's going to go again, age doesn't exactly matter with backs a lot of the time, and if you don't believe that how many times have you for example, heard over the years of a fit 30-40 year old having a heart attack while jogging. And some back issues are operable and some are not. I don't think he chose to have a dodgy back, he just gets by with it the best he can. And yeah he had a vertigo issue, he's had flu etc, some peoples bodies feel illness more than others and ya can't do a lot about that.

The dude pushed his body to the limits working out and became #1 in the world. Now he is injured because of it. Call me crazy but i would take that tradeoff, he cashed in on that hard work while it lasted.

Rory has also said that it his reasoning

Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G400 Crossover 19* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 80S)
Ping i20 3-UW (PXi 6.0, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Trouble walking...Disney seems like a great idea

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying