Sub 70 Clubs

On 9/18/2020 at 7:46 PM, chocolate_rehab said:

Ordered a short set (6-PW) of the 699 Pros in black. I've always wanted black irons, figured this would be a fun and inexpensive way to play with a black set. I'm going to give them a try tomorrow, they look sweet and the price was right! Got them with KBS TGI shafts (special order) and my preferred Pure Pro grips.

I'll give a quick review on them tomorrow.

IMG_1013.JPG

Which weight KBS shaft did you go with and do you know what the swingweight came out to? I called Sub70 directly about trying to get a 699 Pro to a D2 swingweight with a 70/80 gram graphite shaft. Was told it wasn't possible at the steel shaft playing length (-.5") unless you went w/ like a 25gram grip.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I commented on another post earlier, but since this seems to be the OFFICIAL Sub70 thread I'll comment here too.     I ordered my Sub70 clubs two weeks ago.  My current gamers are Cobra Forg

I've been looking at Sub 70 for about 6 months. Called Jason last Friday to inquire about why there was only 6-W and not 5-W in the 639CB on the website. He let me know that 3-5 heads were on the way.

I went with 699 Pro in the 5-8 and the 638CB in the 9 and W.    I also ordered a 699 Pro U 4 iron and a 939x 4 hybrid as well.  Once I get them and have some time with them I will post up a

Posted Images

1 minute ago, rondre3000 said:

Which weight KBS shaft did you go with and do you know what the swingweight came out to? I called Sub70 directly about trying to get a 699 Pro to a D2 swingweight with a 70/80 gram graphite shaft. Was told it wasn't possible at the steel shaft playing length (-.5") unless you went w/ like a 25gram grip.

I went with KBS TGI 70, and I'm not sure about the swing weight, it wasn't on the specs anywhere. They feel good though, at least a D0 in my opinion, which is what I was hoping for.

PXG 0811XF VA Nemesys 55

Callaway Epic Flash 17* Accra FX 2.0

Ping G410 20*/23*/26* Accra FX 2.0

Srixon Z585 6-GW Oban Oi Graphite

Cleveland RTX4 54* & 58* KBS TGI 90

Evnroll ER5B BGT Stability Tour

LPGA players >>> male amateurs

3 minutes ago, chocolate_rehab said:

I went with KBS TGI 70, and I'm not sure about the swing weight, it wasn't on the specs anywhere. They feel good though, at least a D0 in my opinion, which is what I was hoping for.

Awesome, thank you! I'm assuming you went with their recommended +0.5" shaft length recommendation for graphite?

2 minutes ago, rondre3000 said:

Awesome, thank you! I'm assuming you went with their recommended +0.5" shaft length recommendation for graphite?

I did not, I went standard length as I'm a 5'9" woman. Maybe the extra 1/2 will bump you up a little on SW.

PXG 0811XF VA Nemesys 55

Callaway Epic Flash 17* Accra FX 2.0

Ping G410 20*/23*/26* Accra FX 2.0

Srixon Z585 6-GW Oban Oi Graphite

Cleveland RTX4 54* & 58* KBS TGI 90

Evnroll ER5B BGT Stability Tour

LPGA players >>> male amateurs

A Sub 70 person told me today they “fully expect” more left-handed offerings in 2021. I know news along these lines has been mentioned already; just sharing as an additional data point in case it’s of interest.

Oh man I’m champing at the bit to pull the trigger but being in Vancouver will have to wait for the borders to open up to have them shipped to my PO Box on WA. 
Those of you who bought the 639MBs, how do they compare being 2 degrees stronger vs your traditional blades? 

Edited by roncee

Taylormade M3 9.5 W/ Fujikura Atmos TS 6X 

TaylorMade M3 17 HL W/ Fujikura Atmos TS Black 7X

Titleist 816 T-MB 3i W/ KBS C-Taper X

Titleist ZM Blades 4-PW W/ S300

Titleist Vokey SM Black Nickel 54(bent52)/58

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport #2 33”