• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been browsing GolfWRX forums for a long time but finally decided to make an account just so I could chime in on my experience with the Sub70 699s and 699 Pros so far.  Sorry in advance for the no

Our forged stuff is super soft.  We tested 5-6 different materials and I believe the DT4 we use is actually one notch softer than the 1020 carbon that has been popular in forged models.  That being sa

Well, to update my earlier short review - these clubs are amazing. I really hit them well today, and yes, better than my Srixons. I was surprised by that, but they felt less harsh on mishits and the d

Posted Images

Does Sub 70 ship to Canada and Internationally too, or only the U.S.? Looks like U.S. only from the website?

• Like 2

Callaway Mavrik (10.5*) / Tensei AV Blue 65

Callaway Mavrik (15*) / Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 70

Srixon Z H85 (19*) / Hzrdus Black 6.0 85

TaylorMade P790 (4), (5-PW Coming soon...)

Cleveland RTX Zipcore (50-54-58 Mid) / Dynamic Gold Spinner

TaylorMade SOTO Tour Preferred (36")

🇨🇦

3 hours ago, sergio285 said:

They posted something on social media the other day saying good news for Canadian customers not sure what’s it about.

Ok cool, I’ll be on the lookout for more info then.

• Like 1

🇨🇦

Does anybody have a pic of the regular 699 PW at address ? I'm interested in these but I had chunky short irons.

Ping G410  10.5 Project X Evenflow 5.5

Ping G425 5 wood
Ping Anser 20* Hybrid

Srixon ZX5's  5-PW

Ping Glide 3.0  50*
Ping Glide
 54 & 58*ES

Bettinardi Queen B 6

3 hours ago, braincramp52 said:

Does anybody have a pic of the regular 699 PW at address ? I'm interested in these but I had chunky short irons.

I can get you the 699 Pro later today. The clubheads are the same size, just more offset with non-pro.

• Like 2

Titleist TS4 9.5* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TX
Callaway Epic SubZero 13.5* - Fujikura Motore Speeded TS 6.3X
TaylorMade SLDR 2h 17* - Fujikura Pro 83h X
Sub 70 699 ProU 3i 19* - Fujikura Pro 95i TX

Sub70 699 5-7i, 699 Pro 8-P - Fujikura Pro 95i TX
Sub 70 Forged Satin Wedges - 50* & 56*
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 64*
Bettinardi Queen B #8
TaylorMade TP5
Born in the USA, Made in Detroit, Grinding in San Diego

1 hour ago, spartan6910 said:

I can get you the 699 Pro later today. The clubheads are the same size, just more offset with non-pro.

Thanks! Toplines pretty much the same? Being a lefty I only have one choice.

Edited by braincramp52
  • Like 1

Ping G425 5 wood
Ping Anser 20* Hybrid

Srixon ZX5's  5-PW

Ping Glide 3.0  50*
Ping Glide
 54 & 58*ES

Bettinardi Queen B 6

7 hours ago, braincramp52 said:

I feel like I did this before for somebody here—not sure if it was you...  Comparison photo is C300 Forged and 699.  699 really are not particularly chunky on the GI front.

EBE34D67-A6CF-49FF-A834-3CEEB91839AF.jpeg

168978F0-DD3F-4819-8283-814C8633B797.jpeg

75B7694F-356C-4A7D-93EF-91233CF3D7CE.jpeg

Edited by jeffrey r
  • Like 1

Callaway Epic Max 9* Driver, Fujikura Speeder 665 Evo II TS R
Callaway Epic Flash 5 and 7 Woods, Accra Fx 2.0 200F M4
Callaway Big Bertha ‘19 4 Hybrid, KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 65 R
Titleist T300 Irons 5-GW, Kuro Kage 105 S
Titleist Vokey SM8 BS SW (54*/14F) and LW (58*/12D), DG Wedge
Scotty Cameron 009-M Putter

12 minutes ago, braincramp52 said:

Thanks! Nope, it wasn't me.

All good.  Let me know if you want any other angles or comparisons or anything like that.  Size-wise, I would put the 699 in the general category of the Ping i series, Callaway Apex, PXG P series, etc.  The 699 are smaller than something like the Ping G series, Cobra F series, stuff like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Epic Max 9* Driver, Fujikura Speeder 665 Evo II TS R
Callaway Epic Flash 5 and 7 Woods, Accra Fx 2.0 200F M4
Callaway Big Bertha ‘19 4 Hybrid, KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 65 R
Titleist T300 Irons 5-GW, Kuro Kage 105 S
Titleist Vokey SM8 BS SW (54*/14F) and LW (58*/12D), DG Wedge
Scotty Cameron 009-M Putter

1 minute ago, jeffrey r said:

All good.  Let me know if you want any other angles or comparisons or anything like that.  Size-wise, I would put the 699 in the general category of the Ping i series, Callaway Apex, PXG P series, etc.  The 699 are smaller than something like the Ping G series, Cobra F series, stuff like that.

Thanks so much for the info. It's so hard to tell just looking at pics online.

• Like 1

Ping G425 5 wood
Ping Anser 20* Hybrid

Srixon ZX5's  5-PW

Ping Glide 3.0  50*
Ping Glide
 54 & 58*ES

Bettinardi Queen B 6

5 hours ago, braincramp52 said:

Thanks! Toplines pretty much the same? Being a lefty I only have one choice.

I don't have both 699 and 699 pro anymore, but when I was doing testing I didn't notice any different in the heads between the two, aside from offset.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TS4 9.5* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TX
Callaway Epic SubZero 13.5* - Fujikura Motore Speeded TS 6.3X
TaylorMade SLDR 2h 17* - Fujikura Pro 83h X
Sub 70 699 ProU 3i 19* - Fujikura Pro 95i TX

Sub70 699 5-7i, 699 Pro 8-P - Fujikura Pro 95i TX
Sub 70 Forged Satin Wedges - 50* & 56*
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 64*
Bettinardi Queen B #8
TaylorMade TP5
Born in the USA, Made in Detroit, Grinding in San Diego

That’s awesome! I’ve talked to Jason with both our kids screaming in the background... it was a good time!

im sure you’ll like the irons, and if you don’t, sub70 will help make it right.

hope you keep us updated and the handicap keeps dropping.

• Like 3

As of 1/24/21

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with RipX

13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha 

18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400

6-GW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

Haha, the wife told me I should buy myself something nice, so now I have an e-mail into Jason about the wedges... Probably a good idea to get wedges built to my length instead of playing the off the shelf ones I gamed last season... 

I'm not sure if I want to mix and match or just get 2 JBs. (Which is why I e-mailed Jason)... also not sure if I should match my current club shafts or go with my old favorites in the S300s.

• Like 1

As of 1/24/21

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

I just picked up a set of 699’s after playing Ping i series for years. I really liked my previous irons but wanted to try something a bit more forgiving. I am seriously impressed with these irons and the service level from Sub 70. The fit and finish is super high quality. The options to custom build to your specs are plentiful and the Sub 70 team provided a lot of help to get the right set-up. 

I’ve been able to hit these on the range and play a few rounds and the performance has been excellent. I was afraid the off-set and thick top line might be tough to get used to after playing more traditional irons. The look of the 699’s is really nice considering the all the forgiveness they offer. They fly very straight and I don’t experience any hook bias despite the off-set. Distance control is very good. 

There were some issues with shipping. Despite none of the issues being the the fault of Sub 70, they went above and beyond to resolve the problem. 

I’ve already placed an order for a hybrid and will look to try some of their other offerings in the near future. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, toypor said:

I just picked up a set of 699’s after playing Ping i series for years. I really liked my previous irons but wanted to try something a bit more forgiving. I am seriously impressed with these irons and the service level from Sub 70. The fit and finish is super high quality. The options to custom build to your specs are plentiful and the Sub 70 team provided a lot of help to get the right set-up. 

I’ve been able to hit these on the range and play a few rounds and the performance has been excellent. I was afraid the off-set and thick top line might be tough to get used to after playing more traditional irons. The look of the 699’s is really nice considering the all the forgiveness they offer. They fly very straight and I don’t experience any hook bias despite the off-set. Distance control is very good. 

There were some issues with shipping. Despite none of the issues being the the fault of Sub 70, they went above and beyond to resolve the problem. 

I’ve already placed an order for a hybrid and will look to try some of their other offerings in the near future. 

Jay mentioned he had shipped something 20 miles from his house and it still wasn’t there... must be frustrating!

• Like 1

As of 1/24/21

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

4 hours ago, hypergolf said:

International. Anywhere in the world pretty much. I emailed them and they are happy to ship to Australia.

Awesome...good to know, thanks!

• Like 1

🇨🇦

MY i210's are going back into the backup bag.  I will be sticking with my split set 699 Pro and the 639 9 and PW unless the new ZX5 and ZX7 unseat them from the bag.  I wanted to give my i210's one more fair shake, but I just like the sub70 better.  I cannot put my finger on it.  The feel for me is about the same, distance is a non factor as I bend for what I need gap wise.  I played both with the Recoil 110 and catalyst 100 and the Sub 70 just give me more confidence for whatever reason.  I have been going back and forth between the two for about 6 months now.

• Like 1
  • Driver - Epic Max LS
  • 4 Wood - Company that shall not be named, turned down 1* and open on a UST Mamaiya Black
  • 7 Wood - Company that shall not be named, turned down 1* and open on a UST Mamaiya Black
  • Hybrid - Ping G400 17*
  • Irons = Srixon ZX4 4 iron on Recoil 110
  • Irons = Srixon ZX5 5 iron on Recoil 110
  • Irons - Srixon ZX7 (6-PW) on Recoil 110
  • Wedges - Cleveland 50* mid Zipcore, MD5 54*, 60* Mid Zipcore all on Recoil 110
  • Putters -  Sunset Beach Ocracoke or Mannkrafted MA/66
  • Ball - TP5 or Srixon Z Star 
On 2/8/2021 at 7:57 AM, HorseMeatSandwich said:

After only ever hitting 65-75 gram "off the shelf" graphite shafts for 20 years, I had a lot of questions about different steel shaft options, particularly the weight of the KBS Tour 120s on the Pros I was demoing, the flex, etc. so I emailed them some questions, and Jason reached out immediately wanting to talk to me about what I wanted and needed for my game.  Unfortunately we ended up playing phone tag for a couple days because I was really busy at work and he was swamped with club fittings, so he gave me the cell number of Dan, their VP, who I called when I had finally had a moment.  (I should note than Jason even asked me to call him late in the evening and said he wouldn't mind stepping away from his family to talk to me, but I just didn't feel comfortable doing that).  Dan answered immediately the next day and talked to me for almost half an hour about the clubs and what shafts would fit my game best.  I was trying to get the ball flight and spin down a little bit and get a tight draw more easily, so he truly listened to me talking his ear off about my experience with the demos and what I wanted, then made some truly helpful recommendations.  

Out of curiosity, what shaft did you go with and how do you like it? I only picked up golf a couple years ago, and bought a random set of used clubs that just so happened to come with 65G stiff graphite shafts, so my only exposure to heavier steel shafts is with my gap/sand wedges. Luckily I live in Chicago, so I think I might go out for a visit to Sub70 in Sycamore as soon as I get a little happier with my swing. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Simpsonia said:

Out of curiosity, what shaft did you go with and how do you like it? 

I was always reluctant to even give steel a shot because I just assumed they would feel way too heavy and rigid, but actually swinging them that wasn't the case at all.  They're super smooth and I could hardly feel the weight difference when hitting them. 

My 699 demos came with the Tour V-90 shafts, and the Pros came with the Tour 110 shafts, and the first time I took them to the range I literally didn't even realize they had different shafts because I couldn't feel that 20 gram difference.  The added weight did have a positive effect, however, as I found I could swing harder with the Tour 110s without losing any control, and my dispersion was a lot tighter.  Unless I deliberately tried to work the ball, every shot stayed dead straight with no unwanted movement left or right.

After talking to Dan, he recommended going with the Tour 120 stiff shafts with a soft step.  I just ordered them yesterday so I haven't hit them yet, but he said if I didn't notice a difference in feel between the 90s and 110s, I wouldn't notice the minor step up in weight to 120, but I would gain even more control, get my launch and spin down a bit to where I wanted, and going stiff with a soft step instead of the regular flex on the demos would help get a tight draw more effortlessly.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Myherobobhope said:

Haha, the wife told me I should buy myself something nice, so now I have an e-mail into Jason about the wedges... Probably a good idea to get wedges built to my length instead of playing the off the shelf ones I gamed last season... 

I'm not sure if I want to mix and match or just get 2 JBs. (Which is why I e-mailed Jason)... also not sure if I should match my current club shafts or go with my old favorites in the S300s.

I am really curious to hear feedback on these new JB and 286 wedges once enough people buy and play them. They look great.

2 hours ago, driveandputtmachine said:

MY i210's are going back into the backup bag.  I will be sticking with my split set 699 Pro and the 639 9 and PW unless the new ZX5 and ZX7 unseat them from the bag.  I wanted to give my i210's one more fair shake, but I just like the sub70 better.  I cannot put my finger on it.  The feel for me is about the same, distance is a non factor as I bend for what I need gap wise.  I played both with the Recoil 110 and catalyst 100 and the Sub 70 just give me more confidence for whatever reason.  I have been going back and forth between the two for about 6 months now.

I demo’d the 639CB and really liked them. I am surprised that there aren’t more people playing that set - many more reports of people playing the 699s on the forums.

• Like 2

D| Ping G400 w/ Project X HZRDUS Yellow 6.0

3W| Cobra F9 Tour 16* w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0

H| Ping G400 22* w/UST Mamiya PROFORCE V2 Black X

4-P| New Level 902 w/Dynamic Gold TI S400

GW, SW| Maltby M-Series+ Tour w/Dynamic Gold TI Black Onyx S400

LW| Maltby Tour Grind MG w/Dynamic Gold TI Black Onyx S400

P| Yes! Evelyn 12

Ball| Snell MTB Black

1 hour ago, RolandofGilead said:
4 hours ago, driveandputtmachine said:

I demo’d the 639CB and really liked them. I am surprised that there aren’t more people playing that set - many more reports of people playing the 699s on the forums.

I’ve got the 639 cb 5 iron and love it... was going to buy a blended set but got laid off instead... now I’m waiting on the 649s!

going to order one of each wedge and see how they do... 

As of 1/24/21

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

On 2/5/2021 at 8:10 AM, lopey986 said:

I know they're already a heck of a bargain, but figured i'd see if there are any discount codes currently active before taking the plunge!

Thanks for the message!  We really don't run any promos/discounts outside of Cyber Monday.  We just try and price everything as fairly and affordably as we can and then keep the pricing consistent.  As customers we think it sort of sucks when you buy something at full price and then a month later they're running some kind of promo/discount or slashing prices for a new "significantly improved" model

• Like 4
On 2/5/2021 at 5:50 PM, SugarLandGolfer said:

@JaySub70 are any of the Sub70 wedges out or coming out similar to the Cleveland CBX or Ping Glide type wedges? They all seem to be blades, but not sure if I’m missing anything.

Our two primary wedge models are forged and we'll likely keep it that way for the foreseeable future.  We do have a gap wedge in the 699 and 699 Pro models which could work if you're looking for something in the 50* range

• Like 1
On 2/6/2021 at 5:57 PM, BallerNate said:

Does Sub 70 ship to Canada and Internationally too, or only the U.S.? Looks like U.S. only from the website?

We do ship internationally.  The social media stuff is in regards to a Canadian distribution partner that is in the process of getting up and running.  You can find their contact info at https://sub70golf.ca/ but if you need anything before they officially launch then we can certainly get it to you.  Thanks!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JaySub70 said:

We do ship internationally.  The social media stuff is in regards to a Canadian distribution partner that is in the process of getting up and running.  You can find their contact info at https://sub70golf.ca/ but if you need anything before they officially launch then we can certainly get it to you.  Thanks!

Awesome...good to hear! I’ve heard great things on WRX about Sub 70 and looks like I should give them a hard look for sure...thanks for the info!

• Like 1

🇨🇦

On 2/9/2021 at 5:39 AM, Myherobobhope said:

Jay mentioned he had shipped something 20 miles from his house and it still wasn’t there... must be frustrating!

To add to that story, I got an email from USPS today saying that the item is now considered "lost" and I can file an insurance claim.  I knew this day would come...the day I should have increased the insurance from the free $50 they give you.  Looks like I finally got hosed by USPS 😔

• Like 1
  • Sad 1