2 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Awesome...good to hear! I’ve heard great things on WRX about Sub 70 and looks like I should give them a hard look for sure...thanks for the info!

Absolutely. If you ever have any questions feel free to call, email, social media message or online chat with us through our website. We're more than happy to help and are fully committed to making sure each customer gets what they need!

• Like 1
  • Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been browsing GolfWRX forums for a long time but finally decided to make an account just so I could chime in on my experience with the Sub70 699s and 699 Pros so far.  Sorry in advance for the no

Our forged stuff is super soft.  We tested 5-6 different materials and I believe the DT4 we use is actually one notch softer than the 1020 carbon that has been popular in forged models.  That being sa

Well, to update my earlier short review - these clubs are amazing. I really hit them well today, and yes, better than my Srixons. I was surprised by that, but they felt less harsh on mishits and the d

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, JaySub70 said:

To add to that story, I got an email from USPS today saying that the item is now considered "lost" and I can file an insurance claim.  I knew this day would come...the day I should have increased the insurance from the free $50 they give you.  Looks like I finally got hosed by USPS 😔

That really sucks! Postal service is a mess.

• Like 1

Ping G410  10.5 Project X Evenflow 5.5

Ping G425 5 wood
Ping Anser 20* Hybrid

Srixon ZX5's  5-PW

Ping Glide 3.0  50*
Ping Glide
 54 & 58*ES

Bettinardi Queen B 6

How easy to launch are the woods? I am really struggling with my SZ 3w. 

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ with XStiff Fujikura Pro 63. [Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"]

2H: Callaway Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: Sub70 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting or 2 DI:  PXG 0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 2.5* upright

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long 

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34"

Ball: Snell MTB-X

Tracked by Arccos

17 hours ago, Rbsiedsc said:

How easy to launch are the woods? I am really struggling with my SZ 3w. 

They've been very well received and I don't think I've heard a single comment on difficulty launching them, but maybe someone here can share their experience as well.  The 939X should launch higher and spin more while the Pro models will be lower launch/lower spin...but still should get up without any major effort

• Thanks 1

@JaySub70 I remember seeing a description of the differences between the 286 and JB wedges (i.e. how they differ, what type of player they fit, etc.) but can't seem to find it right now. Thinking of replacing mine in the next couple months. Could you either link that if it's readily available or give a quick rundown here? Much appreciated.

• Like 1

Titleist TS4 9.5* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TX
Callaway Epic SubZero 13.5* - Fujikura Motore Speeded TS 6.3X
TaylorMade SLDR 2h 17* - Fujikura Pro 83h X
Sub 70 699 ProU 3i 19* - Fujikura Pro 95i TX

Sub70 699 5-7i, 699 Pro 8-P - Fujikura Pro 95i TX
Sub 70 Forged Satin Wedges - 50* & 56*
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 64*
Bettinardi Queen B #8
TaylorMade TP5
Born in the USA, Made in Detroit, Grinding in San Diego

22 hours ago, spartan6910 said:

@JaySub70 I remember seeing a description of the differences between the 286 and JB wedges (i.e. how they differ, what type of player they fit, etc.) but can't seem to find it right now. Thinking of replacing mine in the next couple months. Could you either link that if it's readily available or give a quick rundown here? Much appreciated.

Yeah absolutely.  In very basic terms, the 286 is more of an old school classic wedge design that really falls in the middle as far as wedge needs.  It's going to work for a large majority of players and have no issues when it comes to turf conditions, bunker types, very steep/very flat attack angles, etc.  The JB wedges offer more versatility...the grind allows the face to be manipulated more, there are some low bounce options, the face size increases from heel-toe faster than in the 286, the leading edge is a bit sharper, etc.  I'd check the product page descriptions and the product overview videos which are down near the spec tables.  Those should provide some more quick insight on the differences.  Thanks!

https://www.golfsub70.com/sub-70-jb-wedge-black.html

https://www.golfsub70.com/sub-70-286-wedge-black.html

• Like 3

Ordered a 286 sand wedge and a jb 58 degree... can’t wait!

will add a fixed hosel hybrid when it’s available.

• Like 2

As of 1/24/21

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with RipX

13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha 

18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400

6-GW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

What is the blade length of the 649 MB Tour? Can Sub 70 do custom lofts (ie not 1 strong or 1 weak on whole set but 20,24,28 etc.)? Love the look of them and that they come in raw. I ordered a set of blueprints Dec. 22 and I'm about done getting hosed around by Ping telling me this date and that date when its just all BS. About a week from cancelling my order and ordering a set of these blind. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, doubledub said:

What is the blade length of the 649 MB Tour? Can Sub 70 do custom lofts (ie not 1 strong or 1 weak on whole set but 20,24,28 etc.)? Love the look of them and that they come in raw. I ordered a set of blueprints Dec. 22 and I'm about done getting hosed around by Ping telling me this date and that date when its just all BS. About a week from cancelling my order and ordering a set of these blind. 

Specifications
Head Number 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 PW
Loft 21 24 27 30 34 38 42 46
Lie 60 60 60.5 61 61.5 62 62.5 63
Offset 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5
Bounce 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 1 2 3 4
Head Weight 245 252 259 266 273 280 287 295
Standard Length Steel 39 38.5 38 37.5 37 36.5 36 35.75
Standard Length Graphite 39.5 39 38.5 38 37.5 37 36.5 36.25
Material DT-4 Steel
Top Line Width (6 iron) 4 mm
Blade Length (6 iron) 76 mm
Hosel Diameter .370 Parallel

Mavrik 10.5 Attas Coool 6s

Mavrik SZ 4 wood ProForce V2 7F4

Mavrik pro 3 hyb ProForce V2 8F4

Srixon ZX4,5&7  5-PW C Taper lite 110

MD5 52 & 58

SC X6

On 2/18/2021 at 9:46 AM, Myherobobhope said:

Ordered a 286 sand wedge and a jb 58 degree... can’t wait!

will add a fixed hosel hybrid when it’s available.

Please do a nice review on those wedges! side by side pics with your vokeys would be great to help people see what these have to offer. 

• Like 1

Taylormade M6, 9.0* head set -1.5*, Aldila 110 Rogue Silver Stiff 
Cobra FLY Z+ 3 wood, orange, aldila tour blue stiff, 14.5*
Sub 70 939x, 3H(18*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 939x, 4H(21*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 699 Pros, 5-AW, Modus 120 stiff
PING glide 2.0, 54* and 58*, SS, Modus 120 stiff
Scotty Select Newport, 73* lie, 1* loft, 34"
Bridgestone Tour BX

31 minutes ago, bbfifas said:

Please do a nice review on those wedges! side by side pics with your vokeys would be great to help people see what these have to offer. 

You got it. Should be here tomorrow... still impressed with their customer service.

i heckled them on Twitter about a visor, and Jason reached out and made sure one was included with my order (I think, haven’t gotten the box yet). 

im really excited about the wedges! Hoping the weather is good enough to test them... I was hesitant due to lack of grind options, but I’m pretty confident  they will work for me.

As of 1/24/21

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

I want (need) to replace my hand-me-down irons for something fit to me. I’m fairly new to golf; having only picked it up during Covid. I’m up in the air about whether to go for the 739s or spend a little more for 699s. Something else for me to consider is whether to buy them before or after doing a lesson package. 

Either way, I probably wouldn’t be changing irons for several years because of how customized every web fitting has told me my clubs need to be. Sub70’s website suggested 3* flat and shortened, which is nearly impossible to find used and costs so much to customize onto a used club that I may as well go with new anyway. 

To wrap this up, which model would be a better fit for somebody new who enjoys golf but has unusual body dimensions? Additionally, am I better off to buy a set before or after lessons?

On 2/22/2021 at 9:53 AM, SugarLandGolfer said:

I’m debating on just buying the 939x hybrids that are out now or waiting a few weeks to see more about the 949 pro hybrids that are supposed to be coming in March. Don’t know what the differences are in them, but I plan on having new hybrids this spring.

949 will be fixed hosel and allegedly anti left... I will only play fixed hosel hybrids, so I’m excited for these!

As of 1/24/21

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

18 hours ago, joshuac3 said:

I want (need) to replace my hand-me-down irons for something fit to me. I’m fairly new to golf; having only picked it up during Covid. I’m up in the air about whether to go for the 739s or spend a little more for 699s. Something else for me to consider is whether to buy them before or after doing a lesson package. 

Either way, I probably wouldn’t be changing irons for several years because of how customized every web fitting has told me my clubs need to be. Sub70’s website suggested 3* flat and shortened, which is nearly impossible to find used and costs so much to customize onto a used club that I may as well go with new anyway. 

To wrap this up, which model would be a better fit for somebody new who enjoys golf but has unusual body dimensions? Additionally, am I better off to buy a set before or after lessons?

Buying before lessons is fine, and it will be better to learn to play with clubs fit to you...

as to the rest of it, talk to Jason. He’s the owner of sub70 and a great dude. He will happily walk you through a build and help you pick out a good fit (or tell you to wait!) 

Jason Hiland
815-621-3556 Cell
[email protected]

his cell number is on the website because this is what he does... just leave a message with what you are looking for and he will get back with you. If you are new to golf and need custom fit clubs, sub70 is a great resource. They are high quality but affordable.

• Like 1

As of 1/24/21

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

1 hour ago, negolfking said:

Does anyone have any swing weight numbers for the 699 pro irons?

Thanks for the question.  It's just going to depend on the build.  Length, grip, shaft, head weight, etc.  If you know what you are looking for I'm sure our customer support team can make an educated guess.  We can also just build them to a specific SW for you...there's no cost for that service as everything we do is custom built one at a time any way. 

• Like 1
On 2/20/2021 at 2:08 PM, doubledub said:

I saw someone posted the specs (thanks for that) so you should have the blade length info.  We can build each club to whatever loft you want.  They're all built and bent one at a time so that's no problem.  If you decide to place an order I would either just call us to do that and make sure the specs are correct...or place the order online and then call and/or email us to make sure the correct specs get put into the notes for our assembly team.  Thanks!

18 minutes ago, SugarLandGolfer said:

Why do you only play fixed? Does the adjustable hosel mess with the CG?

The short answer is because I'm a crazy person.

The longer answer is me explaining why I'm a crazy person...

Overall, I'm fairly particular when it comes to hybrids. I also don't change shaft or setup, so once I find one that works for me, there is 0 benefit to me to have "an adjustable" hybrid. It's a small enough club that I believe the weight comes at a non-negligible cost and decreases the performance of the hybrid... Is it measurable or quantifiable? I haven't actually checked... Am I convinced that I am correct? 100%.

I'd prefer a fixed 3 wood as well, but that has far less options. 

• Like 1

As of 1/24/21

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

6 minutes ago, Myherobobhope said:

The short answer is because I'm a crazy person.

The longer answer is me explaining why I'm a crazy person...

Overall, I'm fairly particular when it comes to hybrids. I also don't change shaft or setup, so once I find one that works for me, there is 0 benefit to me to have "an adjustable" hybrid. It's a small enough club that I believe the weight comes at a non-negligible cost and decreases the performance of the hybrid... Is it measurable or quantifiable? I haven't actually checked... Am I convinced that I am correct? 100%.

I'd prefer a fixed 3 wood as well, but that has far less options. 

I did get the pro fairway from Sub70 that is fixed hosel. I’ll probably hold off for a few weeks and see what the new one is like.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, SugarLandGolfer said:

I did get the pro fairway from Sub70 that is fixed hosel. I’ll probably hold off for a few weeks and see what the new one is like.

Yeah, I'm excited to see it... currently just waiting on my new wedges and just heard a bang on my porch! Is it UPS? Is it the FBI? You might never know, as I might be in jail or on the range soon!

• Like 1

As of 1/24/21

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

Fun fact, it was my wife's second Amazon Prime delivery of the day...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As of 1/24/21

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58