Sub 70 Clubs

apex17

Just got off the phone with Jason a couple hours ago. We talked over shaft options. What other company can you talk to the CEO about shaft options??? I ended up ordering the 639 CBs 4-W with KBS Tour 120s. I will definitely do a review once they get here. Im excited to hit them.

I was also impressed with how fast the communication was. Jason was very quick with an email response and then a phone call. 

• Like 3

I know there's been a lot of buzz out there for this company, from the price to accessibility of their CEO Jason. I'm not really in need of a new set of irons, but the 699's peaked my interest. I'm currently playing the Taylormade M3 with x100 shafts playing to a 15 handicap. Any experiences with moving from the M3 to the 699 irons? I know the lofts are a little stronger on the 4/5 irons by 1 degree and .5 stronger on the 6/7 irons, but those can be adjusted. Please share what you have, would be curious to hear the feedback, thanks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Popeye64 said:

Just got introduced to the owner via email and he seems like a great guy. He will be offering Xcaliber shafts in his line. 

He is very down to earth and loves making sure the gear fits the player. He almost seems as if he will gladly pass up on a sale if the gear isn't a good fit. 

Hes a good guy. I was debating between KBS Tour 120 and the Modus 120. He let me know that I should just save my money and go with the KBS since the KBS would accomplish what I was looking for.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Popeye64 said:

Just got introduced to the owner via email and he seems like a great guy. He will be offering Xcaliber shafts in his line. 

He is very down to earth and loves making sure the gear fits the player. He almost seems as if he will gladly pass up on a sale if the gear isn't a good fit. 

Xcaliber is still around? I still have some clubs shafted from 2012 that I bought because of these forums!

That's awesome! 

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

17 hours ago, jmagri78 said:

I know there's been a lot of buzz out there for this company, from the price to accessibility of their CEO Jason. I'm not really in need of a new set of irons, but the 699's peaked my interest. I'm currently playing the Taylormade M3 with x100 shafts playing to a 15 handicap. Any experiences with moving from the M3 to the 699 irons? I know the lofts are a little stronger on the 4/5 irons by 1 degree and .5 stronger on the 6/7 irons, but those can be adjusted. Please share what you have, would be curious to hear the feedback, thanks.

Don't have any specific feedback vs the TaylorMade, but if you are in X100s, you have a decent amount of swing speed... I have the 699 4 iron and swing hard, and I love the iron... It feels great, and is plenty forgiving... I can also flight it lower when needed, which is what I bought it for. 

I hate the feel of most irons in this category (they either feel hollow, dead or too springy) and the 699 is just a goldilocks blend of SOLID... I'd highly recommend demoing one if you are interested, or just wait until you are ready for a new set of irons...

If you want to give them a run on something else, their wedges are outstanding.

• Like 3

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

14 minutes ago, Myherobobhope said:

Xcaliber is still around? I still have some clubs shafted from 2012 that I bought because of these forums!

That's awesome! 

Not only are they back but the new shafts are amazing. Over the next 6 months Xcaliber will be getting into more and more portfolios. The Rapid Tapers have been eye opening. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Popeye64 said:

Not only are they back but the new shafts are amazing. Over the next 6 months Xcaliber will be getting into more and more portfolios. The Rapid Tapers have been eye opening. 

Interesting! I just bought a cheap driver head for an experiment... might have to put an Xcaliber shaft in it!

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

@Myherobobhope, the x100 shafts are on backorder for about 3 weeks, so I have some time to decide. Appreciate the feedback regarding the 4 iron. If I take the plunge to the 699, I will get the 4-AW with X100 shafts. Jason emailed me back last night regarding the lofts and said to leave them alone. I think that's a good recommendation as I can always get them bent at my local golf shop free of charge if I need to. I asked about the demo program and he said he wouldn't have anything for me that would compare to the x100, but he did say that if he built me a set and for some reason I didn't like them, I could just send them back. I mean, with this type of guarantee, think this purchase will be a no brainer. Lastly, by the time I trade in by M3 irons, I'm only looking at $400 for the 699's, can't really beat that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jmagri78 said:

@Myherobobhope, the x100 shafts are on backorder for about 3 weeks, so I have some time to decide. Appreciate the feedback regarding the 4 iron. If I take the plunge to the 699, I will get the 4-AW with X100 shafts. Jason emailed me back last night regarding the lofts and said to leave them alone. I think that's a good recommendation as I can always get them bent at my local golf shop free of charge if I need to. I asked about the demo program and he said he wouldn't have anything for me that would compare to the x100, but he did say that if he built me a set and for some reason I didn't like them, I could just send them back. I mean, with this type of guarantee, think this purchase will be a no brainer. Lastly, by the time I trade in by M3 irons, I'm only looking at $400 for the 699's, can't really beat that.

Nice! Enjoy them... 

Yeah, Jason knows his stuff and is happy to back up his product... which means he will happily take the clubs back if they don't work for you. 

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

26 minutes ago, jmagri78 said:

My first question is are you sure you need a shaft (x100) this stiff? and that heavy?  Or do you mean the stock XP100 shafts?  BIG difference between the two. 

Taylormade M6, 9.0* head set -1.5*, Nippon Regio B+ shaft, 65 stiff at 45.5"
Cobra FLY Z+ 3 wood, orange, aldila tour blue stiff, 14.5*
Sub 70 939x, 3H(18*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 939x, 4H(21*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 699 Pros, 5-AW, Modus 120 stiff*/
PING glide 2.0, 54* and 58*, SS, Modus 120 stiff (Testing Sub 70 JB 58/12 with Modus 120)
Scotty Select Newport, 73* lie, 1* loft, 34" (Alternate putter Wilson The L)
Bridgestone Tour BX

2 hours ago, jmagri78 said:

@bbfifasGood question, yes, I currently play and was fitted for x100's a couple of years ago. My SS is around 120 with my irons

Haha, hopefully you mean with your driver... I swing my 7 iron 96 and my driver 115... if you are swinging a driver 140 you might want to talk to Jason about building you a long driver! But if those are your number, that's insane and awesome... 

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

@RedsThose 639's are awesome, but my game is not quite there to play them, but I'm in the same boat as you, I will be buying more stuff from them in the future. I'm looking at adding the 699U 3 iron once they come out in LH. Wedges may follow, who knows. The price is so appealing that it's hard to say resist. Post some pics of your irons once you get them please.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jmagri78 said:

@RedsThose 639's are awesome, but my game is not quite there to play them, but I'm in the same boat as you, I will be buying more stuff from them in the future. I'm looking at adding the 699U 3 iron once they come out in LH. Wedges may follow, who knows. The price is so appealing that it's hard to say resist. Post some pics of your irons once you get them please.

I sure will. Im excited. I currently play MP 20 MMCs but Im going to give these 639s a fair shake. I wanted to try a new shaft and instead of re-shafting my Mizunos I go and buy the 639s. Sub 70s customer service has been excellent to work with. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HorseMeatSandwich said:

@Reds I hope you love the 639s!  They look sweet.  I switched from GI irons to the 699 Pros, so they have very different characteristics and can't quite be compared head-to-head, but I'm very curious to hear how your 639s stack up directly against the Mizunos.

Im curious too. Ill let you know how it goes. The 639s just got delivered however Im at work for 2 more hours.

• Like 1