I want to give a huge shout out to Sub 70 and their customer service! Last year I ordered 699 Pro demo irons and forgot to return them. I recently reached out to @JaySub70 and he had me contact Cody. Cody quickly generated a new shipping label and then called me after he received the clubs to discuss my refund. I requested store credit which he was more than happy to provide. 

• Like 2

Honma TW 747 3 Wood

Honma TW 747 5 Wood

Srixon AD 4 Hybrid

Honma TW-X 5-11

Honma TW W4 52, 56, 60

Gauge Design Eldik 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been browsing GolfWRX forums for a long time but finally decided to make an account just so I could chime in on my experience with the Sub70 699s and 699 Pros so far.  Sorry in advance for the no

I won the sub70/super speed PGA contest on Instagram. Got my super speed sticks and the new 849 pro driver. Excited to hit this new driver. Have been happy with the 699 pro irons. Only complaint is th

Got these beauties in yesterday!! Went with the raw version and I’m excited to see how they rust up   Says that toe weight helps diminish face closure so I’ll really put that to the test wit

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Cwing said:

Wondering out loud if they have demos with steel fiber i95r???

Sounds like a good set up.  Which iron you thinking about pairing with?

• Like 1

Taylormade M6, 9.0* head set -1.5*, Nippon Regio B+ shaft, 65 stiff at 45.5"
Cobra FLY Z+ 3 wood, orange, aldila tour blue stiff, 14.5*
Sub 70 939x, 3H(18*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 939x, 4H(21*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 699 Pros, 5-AW, Modus 120 stiff*/
PING glide 2.0, 54* and 58*, SS, Modus 120 stiff (Testing Sub 70 JB 58/12 with Modus 120)
Scotty Select Newport, 73* lie, 1* loft, 34" (Alternate putter Wilson The L)
Bridgestone Tour BX

Not certain. I currently have i95 stiff in an old set of adams pro golds. I dont really play these on course but strike them just fine when I do and love the feel of this combo.

My current gamers are g410 w/DG105s. I hit them well but I like the idea of going to a graphite shaft full time. I just turned 55. Shoulders and other parts seem to hurt more each month.

I don’t take much of a divot so I don’t know I really need as much bounce as the pings have but it doesn’t seem to hurt me. Note, my previous gamers were g25.  

As a matter of fact, I traded a set of CF19’s for a set ‘19 0211 PXG with TGI 80 shafts to try the shaft.  A PXG demo day proved I lose speed with 80 gram shafts as I also lost speed demoing the MMT 80. 

On course and range time also proving out the PXG ‘19 0211 in this shaft are not ideal.

During the PXG fitting, my best ball speed  numbers were with the ‘21 0211 PXG with elevate 95r shafts. This was a direct compare to my ping g410 (DG105s) and the ‘19 0211 (TGI 80) 7 irons.  Note: ‘21 0211 has stronger lofts than the others.

That leads me back to the Steelfibers. I can play stiff but don’t need them so I’m thinking Regis. My first thought would be a combo of 699 and 699 pros. That stated, those cavity backs may work as well given I seem to strike the pro golds just fine.

Honestly, not sure I need or even want new irons but this is as more about the shaft and the positive reviews and cost of the Sub70.

Edited by Cwing
  • Like 2

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5” vs Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* w/ Rogue Max
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos 
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven TU, Seemore si3, si5, Directed Force Reno, PING Ketsch
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Shot Scope V3

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

3 hours ago, JaySub70 said:

I don't believe so...but you can always direct any demo program related questions to [email protected]  Thanks!

image.png.86e2a6842fcd79a03be2cc48a89be959.png

• Like 1

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5” vs Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* w/ Rogue Max
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven TU, Seemore si3, si5, Directed Force Reno, PING Ketsch

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

3 hours ago, pdxhak said:

I want to give a huge shout out to Sub 70 and their customer service! Last year I ordered 699 Pro demo irons and forgot to return them. I recently reached out to @JaySub70 and he had me contact Cody. Cody quickly generated a new shipping label and then called me after he received the clubs to discuss my refund. I requested store credit which he was more than happy to provide. 

Thanks!  It's no problem at all.  Glad we got it sorted out for you.  We're here to help so if anyone ever has questions or needs anything please feel free to contact us!

• Like 2

@Cwing  I think if you like the offset and sole width blade size of the g410's go with the 699s.  If you want something a little more compact go with the 699 pros.  I think the 699 pros are super forgiving you would be giving up minimal, very minimal, forgiveness going to the 699 pros imho especially if you don't take big divots with irons.  I do take big divots and the turf interaction/bounce is just fine with the 699 pros and I rarely dig too much which is a reason I play well with these irons I think.  

• Like 1

PING glide 2.0, 54* and 58*, SS, Modus 120 stiff (Testing Sub 70 JB 58/12 with Modus 120)
Bridgestone Tour BX

Got a chance to get on a trackman to test out the Nippon Regio B+ Shaft I won on GOLFWRX.  I will post up some more review on that thread later.  Meanwhile I hit my 7 iron 699 pro and confirmed great numbers for me, these are average over 8 shots.  

Swing speed = 85 mph

Ball speed = 116

Spin = 5600 rpm

Launch = 18.7

Carry = 165 yds

This was on a firm mat indoors so I suspect the spin was a little bit lower then normal as I have no problem holding greens in Florida and usually end up in my pitch mark or close to it.  I think I'm more of a 160 yard carry kinda guy.  

For comparison sake last year I did fitting same place and struggled to get my launch under 20* and was in the 150-155 carry range trying a ton of shafts and head combos.  (Except I did not try modus 120 then or obviously the sub70s).  

• Like 1

Bridgestone Tour BX

10 hours ago, bbfifas said:

@Cwing  I think if you like the offset and sole width blade size of the g410's go with the 699s.  If you want something a little more compact go with the 699 pros.  I think the 699 pros are super forgiving you would be giving up minimal, very minimal, forgiveness going to the 699 pros imho especially if you don't take big divots with irons.  I do take big divots and the turf interaction/bounce is just fine with the 699 pros and I rarely dig too much which is a reason I play well with these irons I think.  

Thank you for that. I’ve got to convince myself. Absolutely nothing wrong with my pings and I hit them well depending on my swing for the day.

That stated, I love the Steelfibers in those old adams heads but it would be an expensive experiment. 

Blended set of 699 and 699 pros vs all pros or all 699 would be the most likely choices. If I went w/blended set, question would be the cut off between pro and non. Make the change over from 699 to 699 pro with the 7 iron or the 8 iron.

• Like 1

PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

Club delivery day is my favorite day! 5 pro fairway, 4 pro hybrid and 5 pro hybrid all with Aldila shafts (NXT 85 in Wood, NV 85 in hybrids) came in today, along with the 699 approach wedge I should have bought ages ago. In addition, I got the usual hand written thank you note, some tees, and (generously) a white Sub70 hat that I’m looking forward to rocking. 

It’s too bad the weather in Houston sucks today, I can’t wait to test these bad boys out.

Sub70 has officially taken of 10/14 slots.

Edited by SugarLandGolfer
  • Like 2
On 4/22/2021 at 8:23 AM, El Kabong2 said:

i keep hoping the LH options open up...but nothing 

We're getting there. Drivers, fairways, hybrids and putters should be available in the next couple of months. We're making a concerted effort to have the large majority of future iron releases in LH from the launch as well

• Like 1

Got my 699u/699 combo set in this past Wednesday and was able to get them out for 9 holes yesterday. Loving them!

Packaging was great, and the extras were a nice touch. After talking to Jason, I went with the KBS 105 which is a bit heavier than what I’m used to (Tour v90), but I can already feel the added stability from the heavier shafts. 

Attached is the 5u sole compared to my old XR Pro sole. The utility irons are basically Ping G series sized clubs, but they’re not horrible to look at from address. I do see a little of the back sticking out, but the difference for me was how much easier my 5/6u is to hit over my previous XR Pro 5/6i, and they feel like absolute butter.

Big props to @JaySub70 for the phone fitting. All of my misses with my XR Pros would push right of target, so I considered going +1 on my lie. But with the other adjustments made (-1/4” on shaft length, and heavier shaft), he said it would likely change all of that. Now my shots have shifted to Left of target. I’ll have to put more time in with the irons to determine if any lie adjustments need to be made. 

Overall, I’m completely satisfied with the product and service from Sub70, and will likely add their wood, hybrid, and wedges to my bag. Highly recommended!

88443B18-FEBE-497F-A862-2561F60AC1DD.jpeg

B8090550-E6E2-44C8-8BFF-10420D15E81B.jpeg

73257BC2-01FD-4C11-94B6-C6718075F6C2.jpeg

• Like 2

Driver: Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5* Riptide Regular
Wood: Adams Tight Lies 4w 16* Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Tight Lies 2 4h 22* Stiff
Irons: Sub70 699u 5i/6i, 699 7-PW
Wedges: Callaway MD2 52* Tour Grind, Callaway MD2 58* Tour Grind
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Labs #10

Just tried my new 699u 4i with riptide. It is ridiculously easy to hit and flies quite high (I was a bit worried about the height but this is much higher than my expectation; maybe too high??). The riptide hybrid shaft should be 88g (6.0)based on the spec sheet but it feels much lighter than my di-85s. But that's how I feel rather. Perhaps, it may be the shaft that makes the ball flight high. 

Anyway, this is even easier than my 7 iron and I am now super-duper comfortable with 200 yard shots. Should I also get 699pro irons? Wish sub70 also carried MMT taper shafts not parallel ones. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Navistar said:

Just got the 699pro demos. Am I crazy saying they are barely smaller than my sgi irons? Guess I was expecting something else 

What iron are you comparing too?

Bridgestone Tour BX

On 4/28/2021 at 10:03 PM, Navistar said:

Of the 699 pro and 639 cb I much preferred the cb clubs. Not intimidating at all. I don't see the point in changing from the sim max to 699s 

Those SIM MAX have a ton of offset even compared to the 699's and the 699's pros have even less (according to spec sheets).  So maybe the blade length is similar and that is what your seeing the most?  The top line definitely seems bigger on the SIM MAX irons and the lofts are pretty generous.  Picture would be helpful for other people on the fence and trying to make comparisons.  

But yea the 699 series are not blades or CBs if your looking for that compact of a package.  

• Like 1

Bridgestone Tour BX

1 hour ago, bbfifas said:

Those SIM MAX have a ton of offset even compared to the 699's and the 699's pros have even less (according to spec sheets).  So maybe the blade length is similar and that is what your seeing the most?  The top line definitely seems bigger on the SIM MAX irons and the lofts are pretty generous.  Picture would be helpful for other people on the fence and trying to make comparisons.  

But yea the 699 series are not blades or CBs if your looking for that compact of a package.  

No one here plays sgi clubs and admits it. Lol 😆

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, SugarLandGolfer said:

That’s too bad. Having just bought both the pro fairway 5 Wood and 2 hybrid, I can say that they’re awesome.

You're not helping! I think I'm going to put some artificial score "achievements" as a gift. I just started golfing after my college baseball career so I am pretty bad. Maybe I'll get one when I break 90 and one when I break 85. I can't have an entire bag of new clubs without a 20 handicap 🤣 Hopefully my 699s get me there quick.

• Like 1

...... as far as woods. Thinking about moving to g410 or g425 3-wood, 3-hybrid, 4-hybrid.

why should I go with Sub70 instead?

Currently in the bag are TM M4 HL 3-wood, 3-hybrid and 4- hybrid?

• Like 1

PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

7 minutes ago, Cwing said:

...... as far as woods. Thinking about moving to g410 or g425 3-wood, 3-hybrid, 4-hybrid.

why should I go with Sub70 instead?

Currently in the bag are TM M4 HL 3-wood, 3-hybrid and 4- hybrid?

I’ve got a g410 driver and Sub70 3/5 pro fairway woods and 4/5 pro hybrids. They’ve got fantastic pop. It’s your money, and it can be easier to try ping stuff at a local store, but dollar for dollar, it’s hard to deny Sub70 value and performance. On top of that great customer service, you can get a custom club within a few weeks. Unless you get stock, you’ll be waiting a few months for ping.

• Like 3
On 4/4/2021 at 5:48 PM, kylesilk said:

The 639 mb+ is an ideal golf club for my tastes.  It's a blade, just a little bigger than your standard sized blade.  It has a thin sole, which is one of my favorite qualities in an iron.  Topline is pretty thin, just a shade thicker than my WS blade, but it looks really good.  The lofts are stronger on these, which I don't mind at all.  Seem to get really good launch on mine.  They feel really soft on flush hits, typical on mishits.  To me they do everything the WS can do but in an easier to play package.  

Do you have a few pics of yours? I’m really interested in the MB’s

• Like 1

SRIXON ZX5 9.5 MIYAZAKI MIZORE 60X.                                              SRIXON ZX 13.5 MIYAZAKI MIZORE 70X                                               SRIXON H85 16 MATRIX BLACKTIE 95 SRIXON Z FORGED 4-PW CATALYST 100 6.5                                   CLEVELAND RTX4 50* CATALYST 100 6.0                                        CLEVELAND RTX4 54* CATALYST 100 6.0                                         CLEVELAND RTX4 58* CATALYST 100 6.0.                                             SEEMORE mFGP20 PLATINUM 38” SNELL MTB-X

Posted (edited)

My JB 58*, with 12* bounce came in.  Some quick snaps next to my PING Glide 2.0 58*, Standard Sole, 10* bounce.

First impression beautiful club nice milling on back, I got the RAW version so it will be interesting to see how it changes.  The grind is very similar to the SS with maybe a hiair more heel relief and a little more toe relief.  Overall sole width seems similar.  Head shape is similar.  Ping has more grooves on it so it will be interesting to see the spin difference.  I was expecting a compact package maybe like the RTX4's but this is not compact like that.  I would call it moderate in size (not game improvement like CBX by any means)

First hits in my yard I can tell it has a soft feel.  I will go to range or play later in week and report back.  I'm hoping for no diggin on chips, some ability to open up, good all around club for around the green and some forgiveness on those 50-75 yard shots.  

JB on top

thumbnail_IMG_0406.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0405.jpg

JB on left

thumbnail_IMG_0404.jpg

Edited by bbfifas
  • Like 2

Bridgestone Tour BX

Been eyeing the Black 639 CB’s to replace my Cobras. I accidentally ordered the 639 MB demos. Oh well maybe I’ll go with the combo set. 

• Like 1

TM M2 10.5° - Diamana BB 60s
15° TEE CB2 - Diamana BB 83s
19° Nike Covert 2.0 - Diamana BB 83s
5-PW Ping i210 - Recoil Prototype 110 F4
50° 54° 58° Cleveland Zipcore - KBS Tour Custom S
SC Classics Newport

1 month update on 649 MB Tours (Raw):

I did a custom 4-pw build with 120 X100s (installed with shims). I like longer wedges and short irons but standard length long irons so I started with a 36in pw and did 3/8 inch gaps all the way through the 4 iron. I'm coming from traditionally lofted blades with X100s so I was counting on the slightly stronger 649 lofts and lighter shafts to provide proper distance gaping with 3/8 inch length gaps. 

Pros:

The clubs are absolutely fantastic. I've never hit a better feeling club (played blades my whole life) and the ball flight, spin, and distance control is significantly better than my previous set. Mishits are not as punishing as other blades I have hit. I can't tell you how many comments I've heard about the sound these make on flushed strikes. It's just beautiful. 

Cons:

A few of the faces have been scratched (kind of roughed up) and the soles have minor chips/dents. I don't hit a lot of range balls but some of the courses I play have sand based fairways that can have some larger pebbles. The club heads are so soft that I am concerned about how well they will hold up over time. I've also had to adjust loft and lie on a few of the clubs that seem to have moved slightly through play. Again, they are SO soft that it's not surprising but it's also annoying. 

• Like 3