2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Sub 70 Clubs

apex17

16 hours ago, willard1523 said:

This came in today. Looks great.

20210601_152216.jpg

20210601_152329.jpg

I think they sent that to the wrong address 😂😂 I can’t wait to get mine. Should ship any day now. 

• Like 1

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

14 hours ago, JaySub70 said:

Also, to @Abh159, if you have any questions on the demo program I would give us a call or email [email protected] He can let you know what might be available and when it will be back...the demos go in and out so what's available is constantly changing. He can try and get you some options to test that will at least give you a good idea of the performance even though the specs may not be identical

Thanks for chiming in @JaySub70. I'll definitely reach out to Cody!

@sharkiesj I'm surprised you were that shocked by my comment. If it were 0.5 of a degree it wouldn't be a big deal, but 1.5 degrees of extra loft in a wood is going to make a decent difference in trajectory, height, distance, spin, and etc. Do you expect to get minimal changes between a 9 degree and a 10.5 degree driver?

The whole point of buying a new club is to improve upon what I already have. So if I'm not able to get a good comparison between the two, how would I know if it's actually better? 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 10:56 AM, Abh159 said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned in here somewhere, but I didn't want to read through 1000 posts to find it.

Anyone have experience with their fairway woods and hybrids? I'll soon be in the market for one of each and don't really want to spend $400+ for each from an OEM when I'm only hitting those clubs 1-2 times per round max.

The hybrids are great, I've had them in the bag for over a year now and no interest in changing.  Highly recommended and the price is great and shaft selections are awesome.  

• Like 1

Ping G400 max
Ping G410 5 wood
Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

Titleist T350 irons
54* & 58* Sub70 JB Wedges
PXG Operator H w/ BGT stability tour shaft or  SIK FLO C with LAGP shaft

9 hours ago, larryd3 said:

The hybrids are great, I've had them in the bag for over a year now and no interest in changing.  Highly recommended and the price is great and shaft selections are awesome. 

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I'd argue four weeks isn't a long time to wait right now.

It honestly beats the pants off of most every other golf club manufacturer, especially the big boys. 699s are great clubs!

Edited by chocolate_rehab
  • Like 4

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

Ordered a demo set of the 639 MB / CB irons in stiff flex. They're arriving today. Pretty excited to try them out. 

One question for those who have purchased - how did you go about selecting shafts? I know what I play now in my irons and I like them, but they weren't fitted to me, so I wonder if there is something better out there especially after going through a driver fitting which was pretty eye opening. Any suggestion on how to fit myself or leverage another fitting to make sure I'm getting the most out of these clubs should I decide to purchase? Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dvq9654 said:

Ordered a demo set of the 639 MB / CB irons in stiff flex. They're arriving today. Pretty excited to try them out. 

One question for those who have purchased - how did you go about selecting shafts? I know what I play now in my irons and I like them, but they weren't fitted to me, so I wonder if there is something better out there especially after going through a driver fitting which was pretty eye opening. Any suggestion on how to fit myself or leverage another fitting to make sure I'm getting the most out of these clubs should I decide to purchase? Thanks in advance. 

I sent an email and Jason gave me a call back. We discussed my game and distances and he made suggestions that ultimately have worked out great. 

Another thing they suggest is going to a fitter to get your numbers, then sending that data to them for suggestions. 

Previous to buying, I had always played off the rack clubs and have never been fitted. Loving my Sub70’s. 

• Like 2

Driver: Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5* Riptide Regular
Wood: Adams Tight Lies 4w 16* Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Tight Lies 2 4h 22* Stiff
Irons: Sub70 699u 5i/6i, 699 7-PW
Wedges: Callaway MD2 52* Tour Grind, Callaway MD2 58* Tour Grind
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Labs #10

28 minutes ago, RyKnocks said:

I sent an email and Jason gave me a call back. We discussed my game and distances and he made suggestions that ultimately have worked out great. 

Another thing they suggest is going to a fitter to get your numbers, then sending that data to them for suggestions. 

Previous to buying, I had always played off the rack clubs and have never been fitted. Loving my Sub70’s. 

Thanks - did you take you current set to the fitter and use that data to inform the shaft? Or, the demos and use that data? Maybe a dumb question, but just curious how you worked through it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dvq9654 said:

IF you don't want to go to a legit fitter...

Go to a PGA Tour Superstore and ask to be "fit" using their Mizuno Shaft Optimizer. They should let you do it for free, and it will give you a really good baseline for where you would fit shaft-wise. There may be other places near you that will do the same. 

From there I'd probably agree with the above and email Jason with the results from the Mizuno, with what you know about your game (i.e. typical trajectory, what you're looking for specifically in feel, launch, and flight), and I'm sure he can give you good ideas of what works there. 

• Like 1

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

On 6/10/2021 at 4:26 PM, betarhoalphadelta said:

IF you don't want to go to a legit fitter...

Go to a PGA Tour Superstore and ask to be "fit" using their Mizuno Shaft Optimizer. They should let you do it for free, and it will give you a really good baseline for where you would fit shaft-wise. There may be other places near you that will do the same. 

From there I'd probably agree with the above and email Jason with the results from the Mizuno, with what you know about your game (i.e. typical trajectory, what you're looking for specifically in feel, launch, and flight), and I'm sure he can give you good ideas of what works there. 

agree with this. I did this with Jason last time I ordered a club and it came out great. He really listens and knows his stuff. 

• Like 1

Driver- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

4H- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699U 21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges - Sub 70 286 50+54 degree

Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach #11

On 6/10/2021 at 11:40 AM, dvq9654 said:

Thanks - did you take you current set to the fitter and use that data to inform the shaft? Or, the demos and use that data? Maybe a dumb question, but just curious how you worked through it. 

I did get the demos and had them for a couple weeks. Even took them out for a couple of rounds. I was able to discuss with Jason what I wanted after testing. Has worked out great!

• Like 2

I’m eagerly awaiting my set to be built. After   heavily considering the RF MB’s and p7 MB’s I went with a Sub 70 combo set. TA3 5 and 649 MB’s 6-pw raw finish. 649 demos sealed the deal. 

• Like 2

You didn't plan to fail, you failed to plan!

SIM/9*/UST Elements Platinum
M5/15*/Kai'li 70s//M5/19*/Kai'li 70s
Titleist u500 3/Recoil Hybrid Proto 100 f4

SUB 70 649 MB Raw 4-PW/Recoil Proto 110 f4
Mizuno t20 Raw 51*/56*/61*/KBS Tour 120 s
Bastain Milled BM-009 Long Neck Proto

On 6/4/2021 at 10:20 PM, sharkiesj said:

-snip-

Love their apparel too!  

22604D95-4A80-447C-8CCC-615FE9278562.jpeg

Yea, like that hat. Got one just like it about a year ago when I ordered my clubs (like you, have nothing but good things to say about the company and their service). I'm matchy-matchy with my clubs and hat so I wear it every time I use my Sub70 set, which because I like them so much is almost always. As a result the hat's got, shall we say, stained from my perspiration and my partner won't let me wear it anymore, even though she doesn't golf and doesn't even go out on the course with me (she locks the thing away, at least she didn't trash it, yet). Unfortunately that particular style is no longer on the site or I would have bought a few. Good Luck with the new clubs; as I say, as good as they are as golf clubs I think they're among the best looking heads I've seen.

• Like 1

Harry Redknapp on signing good-looking Portuguese winger Dani, he told reporters:

"My missus fancies him. Even I don't know whether to play him or f**k him."

15 hours ago, nlk10010 said:

Yea, like that hat. Got one just like it about a year ago when I ordered my clubs (like you, have nothing but good things to say about the company and their service). I'm matchy-matchy with my clubs and hat so I wear it every time I use my Sub70 set, which because I like them so much is almost always. As a result the hat's got, shall we say, stained from my perspiration and my partner won't let me wear it anymore, even though she doesn't golf and doesn't even go out on the course with me (she locks the thing away, at least she didn't trash it, yet). Unfortunately that particular style is no longer on the site or I would have bought a few. Good Luck with the new clubs; as I say, as good as they are as golf clubs I think they're among the best looking heads I've seen.

I reached out to them thru email after I ordered my set and asked if it is all possible, would it be ok if I request the Masters-colored hat.  I got an email back quickly and the guy(forgot his name), looked up my order and pinned a request for a Masters-colored hat with my order.  At that time they were actually out of that color but being about 4 weeks from order to shipping, he said they would get a new order in by the time my clubs would ship.  I don’t actually think the 2-tone trucker hats are on the website.  I think it’s just the monochrome ones you can buy and they save all the 2-tone trucker hats for swag when you order something.  I haven’t hit the clubs yet my fractured pinky finger is getting better but still can’t grip it and hit balls.  So frustrating!!  Anyways, I love the look of them and am tempted to get another set of 699 Pros in black. I know it’ll wear away but they sure do look nice!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stretchr said:

Anybody get a shipping notice recently that could share their order date? 

when I ordered on 5/23 it said 14-17 days but looking like it’s more of a month now. 

I emailed them last Friday and they were finishing up orders from May 19/20. I ordered on 5/21 and was told they should be built this week. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 11:37 AM, RyKnocks said:

I emailed them last Friday and they were finishing up orders from May 19/20. I ordered on 5/21 and was told they should be built this week. 

Awesome

On 6/14/2021 at 12:20 PM, JaySub70 said:

Yeah we changed it to 3-4 weeks on 5/24.  The timeline hasn't really changed...it was 14-17 business days before.  We just thought it would be easier to tell people 3-4 weeks total rather than using business days.  Hopefully we'll have them out to you soon and thank you for the support!

yep makes sense that putts me right in line thanks for the response. 

shipping notice 6/17

Edited by Stretchr
  • Like 1

I ordered my wife a 3 wood around May 15 (think that's correct) and she received it Saturday 6/12.    BTW, really nice 15*.  I hit it a couple times on Sunday and it's a winner just like the hybrids.  Think it will work out well for her.  

• Like 1

Ping G400 max
Ping G410 5 wood
Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

Titleist T350 irons
54* & 58* Sub70 JB Wedges
PXG Operator H w/ BGT stability tour shaft or  SIK FLO C with LAGP shaft

Really considering a 699/699 Pro combo set, their pro tour 5 wood, and the 004 putter. Might have to shoot them an email for real pics of the 5 wood and putter address. The site pics aren’t great but the reviews are! That iron set should be good for this former good golfer who now has 3 kids and gets out to play twice a month if I’m lucky. 

• Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade QI10 9 degree Tour AD VF 6TX
Fairway: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 14.5 w/Tensei CK White 70TX

Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 18 degree X flex
Irons: New Level 623 CB w/Modus 105X
Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zip Core 52, 58 KBS 610 S+ 
Putter: Cobra Armlock
Ball: 2024 Bridgestone BX / 2024 Chrome Tour X

2 hours ago, bryanwmilburn said:

That iron set should be good for this former good golfer who now has 3 kids and gets out to play twice a month if I’m lucky. 

Join the club my friend.

My Sub70s outperformed again...Did not swing a club for 3 weeks and went out cold for a quick 9 last Friday.  Driver was not good and I landed in 2 fairway bunkers, the water, and the rough.  I think I hit one FIR on the front.  BUT I only missed 1 GIR.  And that is because I hit my hybrid over the green into the wind on a par 3.  The hybrids for me launch low which can be good and bad.  I still get plenty of spin on the ball but need to adjust for windage better. (Or maybe move ball up a little bit in stance for higher shot)  My irons are just point and shoot and very consistent on the yardages.  Good into the wind.  Very forgiving.  

• Like 2

Taylormade M6, 9.0* head set -1.5*, Nippon Regio B+ shaft, 65 stiff at 45.5"
Cobra FLY Z+ 3 wood, orange, aldila tour blue stiff, 14.5*
Sub 70 939x, 3H(18*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 939x, 4H(21*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 699 Pros, 5-AW, Modus 120 stiff
PING glide 2.0, 54*

Taylormade MG3, 58* HB 
Scotty Select Newport, 73* lie, 1* loft, 34" (Testing Taylormade Bandon 1)
Bridgestone Tour BX (Alternate ball VICE PRO)

7 hours ago, bbfifas said:

Join the club my friend.

My Sub70s outperformed again...Did not swing a club for 3 weeks and went out cold for a quick 9 last Friday.  Driver was not good and I landed in 2 fairway bunkers, the water, and the rough.  I think I hit one FIR on the front.  BUT I only missed 1 GIR.  And that is because I hit my hybrid over the green into the wind on a par 3.  The hybrids for me launch low which can be good and bad.  I still get plenty of spin on the ball but need to adjust for windage better. (Or maybe move ball up a little bit in stance for higher shot)  My irons are just point and shoot and very consistent on the yardages.  Good into the wind.  Very forgiving.  

What set do you have? And what hybrid? I actually like the idea of a low launching hybrid - I’m a super high ball hitter so anything to offset that with forgiveness would be nice! 

• Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade QI10 9 degree Tour AD VF 6TX
Fairway: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 14.5 w/Tensei CK White 70TX

Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 18 degree X flex
Irons: New Level 623 CB w/Modus 105X
Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zip Core 52, 58 KBS 610 S+ 
Putter: Cobra Armlock
Ball: 2024 Bridgestone BX / 2024 Chrome Tour X

16 hours ago, bryanwmilburn said:

What set do you have? And what hybrid? I actually like the idea of a low launching hybrid - I’m a super high ball hitter so anything to offset that with forgiveness would be nice! 

699 pro irons with Modus 120 stiff shafts.   For me best shaft I have ever played and good combo with iron head.  These irons are really forgiving and fun to play.  

I have the 939x hybrid in 3 (18*) and 4 (21*) with UST proforce V2 85 stiff shaft.  UST website says a mid to high launch, which may be tru, but for me the ball comes out low-mid with both hybrids.   I'd be curious if anyone else plays this combo on here and what they think of the launch height.  I tend to play my hybrids more middle stance and perhaps that lowers launch a touch but I have never moon shot one of these hybrids before .  

• Like 2

Taylormade M6, 9.0* head set -1.5*, Nippon Regio B+ shaft, 65 stiff at 45.5"
Cobra FLY Z+ 3 wood, orange, aldila tour blue stiff, 14.5*
Sub 70 939x, 3H(18*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 939x, 4H(21*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 699 Pros, 5-AW, Modus 120 stiff
PING glide 2.0, 54*

Taylormade MG3, 58* HB 
Scotty Select Newport, 73* lie, 1* loft, 34" (Testing Taylormade Bandon 1)
Bridgestone Tour BX (Alternate ball VICE PRO)

My wedges (286 50 & 54) and long irons (TA3 4 & 5) came in yesterday! I went out on the course to get a couple of holes in. Mostly playing 2 balls per hole plus dropping a ball out of the fairway for the wedge. The results were amazing. It took basically 1 swing to dial in the 4 iron and I think I am going to really like it. Super easy to hit and great feeling. The 5 iron was equally as nice, but I just didn't hit it as often as the 4. The wedges were nice as well. They are a great replacement for my trusty MD4s. Slightly longer with the 54 (maybe 3-5 yards) but nothing that isn't manageable. I know blades/MBs aren't for everyone, but the most forgiving and easiest to play blades have to be the 649s or TA3s. Wedges will take a little while longer to have the same confidence as my MD4s but I don't see a problem with that at the moment. I played roughly 27 "full" holes and had 9 bridies! 🤯 

Absolutely loving my Sub70 clubs!

• Like 4

TM M4 8.5 Atmos Red

TM Original One Mini 13.5 Diamana F

TM Sim TI 5 wood Diamana F

Sub 70 TAIII 4&5 KBS $-Taper Lite

Sub 70 649 6-P KBS $-Taper Lite

Sub 70 286 50,54 KBS $-Taper Lite

Edel D-Grind 58 KBS Tour Rev 2.0

LAB Directed Force 2.1 73* 

What is the difference between the 286 and the JB wedge? Specifically, what sort of swing/player and conditions is each more suited for? 

As you can imagine from my 24.3 index, I don't really quite understand how the differences in the leading edge, which steel is used, potential differences in grind, etc actually fit a player or their typical conditions. 

I think I'm more of a sweeper than a digger, and most of my rounds are played on SoCal muni courses which are pretty much scrub grass over hardpan, and in bunkers with less-than-optimal sand conditions. (Note: the sweeper comment could be partly due to how hard it is to dig a divot in these conditions lol--I *can* take a divot). 

I think in a 60 I'm looking for a low bounce version due to the firm conditions, which limits me to the JB. But in 52/56, I'm not sure which is better. I think the 52 would by my typical around-the-green club, with the 56 being my typical bunker club. 

• Like 1

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

15 hours ago, JaySub70 said:

Thanks for the message!

The 286 Series is an update to our previous Forged Series, with a straighter leading edge. They're a bit more rounded to the front edge than the JB, to let it glide a bit more than dig in. Very forgiving, super easy to hit in terms of a forged wedge. This should be closer in comparison to Cleveland's 588 series wedges than our JB Wedges will be.

The JB Wedge is more of our "Tour Preferred" wedge, and features more heel relief, more of a straight leading edge, and little less of a rounded sole. These wedges are designed for golfers that want their wedge to sit a bit tighter when it’s a straight on shot, while offering workability by using the bounce. This is more comparable to Vokey SM8 M Grind.

These videos might help provide further context as well...

286 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZNVNRL3LyY
JB - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y-DOHEAwjY

Got it. So between your descriptions and the Youtube videos, I'd gather that the 286 is the more "general player" wedge and the JB is more for the accomplished wedge player that has a lot of potential shots they want/need to hit and need the versatility of the design? 

If that's the case, sounds like the 286 in 52/56 is the way to go for me, but I'm still in the JB for a low bounce 60...

Thanks!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Poser said:

anyone have the black finish in the TA3?  wonder how it's holding up.  I have the raw finish and about getting tired of getting rust all over everything lol

They JUST released and there’s a 4 week waiting period. I don’t think anyone has them yet. 

• Like 1