• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been browsing GolfWRX forums for a long time but finally decided to make an account just so I could chime in on my experience with the Sub70 699s and 699 Pros so far.  Sorry in advance for the no

Got these beauties in yesterday!! Went with the raw version and I’m excited to see how they rust up   Says that toe weight helps diminish face closure so I’ll really put that to the test wit

Our forged stuff is super soft.  We tested 5-6 different materials and I believe the DT4 we use is actually one notch softer than the 1020 carbon that has been popular in forged models.  That being sa

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Liveonce said:

I’m sure it’s been mentioned in here but is sub 70 set to release a new hybrid anytime soon ?

They already released a new hybrid, 949X.  Check it out on their website.  I use the older hybrids and they are great.  

• Like 1

SIM2 Autoflex 505
Epic 15*
Sub70 3 hybrid
Sub70 5 hybrid

Sub70 6 hybrid
Apex 21 irons  6-gap 
54* SM8
Sub70 JB low bounce 58*
PXG Operator H

22 hours ago, JaySub70 said:

We're currently getting orders shipped out 3-4 weeks from the time they are placed...should be closer to three weeks but with golf participation exploding and supply chain/shipping delays it could be closer to four. We're doing everything we can to make sure we get orders out asap. If you ever need an update just let us know. Thanks!

You guys have the best customer service in the industry. Asked for an order update Monday morning, had a reply within an hour. Glad to see you're doing so well that build times are a bit extended. I'm loving my JB wedges, and my wife can't wait to get the ones I ordered for her for Mother's Day (thanks for the help with shaft selection and adjustments, Jason).

• Like 3
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, larryd3 said:

They already released a new hybrid, 949X.  Check it out on their website.  I use the older hybrids and they are great.  

looking at the 939x right now. Maybe @JaySub70 can answer but if I adjust the loft from 21 down to 20 will this open or close the face at address? Also, is there any more tech in the 949 vs the 939?

Edited by Liveonce
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Liveonce said:

looking at the 939x right now. Maybe @JaySub70 can answer but if I adjust the loft from 21 down to 20 will this open or close the face at address? Also, is there any more tech in the 949 vs the 939?

It won't lower the loft of the club, they have some info on their website about what the adjustments do.  I just don't remember right off but it's not a loft adjustment but face angle.  lowering loft will open the face, at least on drivers.  

• Like 1

SIM2 Autoflex 505
Epic 15*
Sub70 3 hybrid
Sub70 5 hybrid

Sub70 6 hybrid
Apex 21 irons  6-gap 
54* SM8
Sub70 JB low bounce 58*
PXG Operator H

2 hours ago, Liveonce said:

The adjustments are for opening or closing the club face, not increasing/decreasing the loft angle. 

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5* Riptide Regular
Wood: Adams Tight Lies 4w 16* Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Tight Lies 2 4h 22* Stiff
Irons: Sub70 699u 5i/6i, 699 7-PW
Wedges: Callaway MD2 52* Tour Grind, Callaway MD2 58* Tour Grind
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Labs #10

21 hours ago, ChristopherMcDonald said:

@JaySub70 do you guys happen to make the 699 pro in a .355 head? Want to use constant weight shafts but don’t necessarily want to shim if I can avoid it. 

Right now the only options we have in .355 taper are the forged heads. I haven't heard anything about having 699 or 699 Pro heads in .355...so unfortunately I don't think that will be an option. Obviously the parallel shafts are cut incrementally so they should have similar weights once installed. We can also build to whatever swingweight you want so that is an option as well.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Liveonce said:

The other commenters are correct in that the hosel adjustment is really lie angle/face angle related. There's really no new tech in the 949 vs the 939...just a different head shape and adjustable weight locations

6 hours ago, SecondandGoal said:

You guys have the best customer service in the industry. Asked for an order update Monday morning, had a reply within an hour. Glad to see you're doing so well that build times are a bit extended. I'm loving my JB wedges, and my wife can't wait to get the ones I ordered for her for Mother's Day (thanks for the help with shaft selection and adjustments, Jason).

Thank you very much. We truly appreciate it. We are ALWAYS trying to provide the best customer service and purchasing experience possible. If anyone ever has any questions or needs anything they can call, email, social media message or website message us and we'll get back to them ASAP. Thanks again!

• Like 3
Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased three raw JB wedges (and 639 irons but that's a different issue). Anyone else having issues with how soft they are? I've played three rounds with them and they're already pretty nicked up. The lower nick on the 60 degree is basically peeling. I've had Vokeys my whole life so not sure of this happens with other wedges and if I'm being over the top. Ya I know I probably caught a pebble in a trap, but still never experienced this kind of damage before, let alone after a few rounds. 

PXL_20210601_032358318.jpg.21cce7ca1c6e76ccd1e0318a7dadb148.jpgPXL_20210601_032311742.jpg.966008be29e03d0c7cfdb9f5563e2c8b.jpg

Edited by BrooksVsBryson
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, BrooksVsBryson said:

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased three raw JB wedges (and 639 irons but that's a different issue). Anyone else having issues with how soft they are? I've played three rounds with them and they're already pretty nicked up. The lower nick on the 60 degree is basically peeling. I've had Vokeys my whole life so not sure of this happens with other wedges and if I'm being over the top. Ya I know I probably caught a pebble in a trap, but still never experienced this kind of damage before, let alone after a few rounds. 

PXL_20210601_032358318.jpg.21cce7ca1c6e76ccd1e0318a7dadb148.jpgPXL_20210601_032311742.jpg.966008be29e03d0c7cfdb9f5563e2c8b.jpg

I would imagine it’s because they’re raw and don’t have anything to protect the bare metal, hence the accelerated wear. Once the rust kicks in, you might hardly

notice it?

Driver: Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5* Riptide Regular
Wood: Adams Tight Lies 4w 16* Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Tight Lies 2 4h 22* Stiff
Irons: Sub70 699u 5i/6i, 699 7-PW
Wedges: Callaway MD2 52* Tour Grind, Callaway MD2 58* Tour Grind
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Labs #10

In the event you are interested, here are my Hogan PTX Pros compared to the 639cb. In general they are pretty much the same size with the 639cb having a slightly larger blade with a slightly smaller top line.

I should have ordered the demo 639cb heads in satin for a better comparison. 

53AE69F4-FC81-40D5-99C0-4EB2AF382BB8.jpeg

8AE79A7B-E7AC-4152-9CF0-52F1490B7496.jpeg

A6F9E7E3-8201-45FB-A73D-5BD6D1E0ED67.jpeg

2A1C11DD-AD13-4878-9A96-17CF79C78B12.jpeg

• Like 4

I have 14 clubs.

34 minutes ago, Jmccas said:

In the event you are interested, here are my Hogan PTX Pros compared to the 639cb. In general they are pretty much the same size with the 639cb having a slightly larger blade with a slightly smaller top line.

I should have ordered the demo 639cb heads in satin for a better comparison. 

53AE69F4-FC81-40D5-99C0-4EB2AF382BB8.jpeg

8AE79A7B-E7AC-4152-9CF0-52F1490B7496.jpeg

A6F9E7E3-8201-45FB-A73D-5BD6D1E0ED67.jpeg

2A1C11DD-AD13-4878-9A96-17CF79C78B12.jpeg

How are the turf interactions with each?

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ with  Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: Callaway Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: Sub70 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long 

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: Putter: TAII #2  (Testing SIK DW 2.0 35" double bend)

Ball: Snell MTB-X

Tracked by Arccos

I'm sure this has been mentioned in here somewhere, but I didn't want to read through 1000 posts to find it.

Anyone have experience with their fairway woods and hybrids? I'll soon be in the market for one of each and don't really want to spend $400+ for each from an OEM when I'm only hitting those clubs 1-2 times per round max.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, sharkiesj said:

Use their demo program.  Excellent way to get a feel for them.  Clubs come quick and they make it so easy to return.  IMO, their demo program is the best thing about Sub70. 

That was the first place I went on the site, but their offerings were really limited in the fairway wood and hybrid category. Other than just seeing how it looks in person I wouldn't get much feedback from a demo. 

I need an X flex shaft. There isn't an X flex demo available in the hybrid and there is only one in a fairway wood, but it was a 15* one so comparing that to my current 13.5* 3 wood wouldn't tell me much. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rbsiedsc said:

How are the turf interactions with each?

They both have excellent turf interaction but if I had to pick, I’d give the edge to the Hogans. I have to put on a really bad swing to chunk up he Hogans. 

I haven’t compared the PTX Pro to the new Srixion line (in person) but it appears the soles have similar characteristics. People rave about the turf interaction with the ZX5 and ZX7. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have 14 clubs.

12 hours ago, BrooksVsBryson said:

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased three raw JB wedges (and 639 irons but that's a different issue). Anyone else having issues with how soft they are? I've played three rounds with them and they're already pretty nicked up. The lower nick on the 60 degree is basically peeling. I've had Vokeys my whole life so not sure of this happens with other wedges and if I'm being over the top. Ya I know I probably caught a pebble in a trap, but still never experienced this kind of damage before, let alone after a few rounds. 

It's not because they are raw. The forged DT-4 steel they use is just that soft. I noticed a similar thing within a couple rounds with my 649mbs. It hasn't affected ball flight or spin (yet) but I'm definitely expecting a shorter shelf life out of these clubs. For comparison the Vokeys are cast with a much harder steel so they don't nick up as much but they also don't feel as nice... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Abh159 said:

That was the first place I went on the site, but their offerings were really limited in the fairway wood and hybrid category. Other than just seeing how it looks in person I wouldn't get much feedback from a demo. 

I need an X flex shaft. There isn't an X flex demo available in the hybrid and there is only one in a fairway wood, but it was a 15* one so comparing that to my current 13.5* 3 wood wouldn't tell me much. 

I gotta be honest.  I’m shocked at your answer here. If you don’t think you’d learn anything with a FW from Sub70 in your possession with an X flex because of 1.5* difference in loft vs your gamer, I don’t know what else to say. So feel, impact, trajectory, forgiveness and such would be pointless? So you’d rather trust complete strangers in a forum saying they hit it great/bad? 

Use their demo program and talk to Jason.  He’ll probably shaft up any hybrid you want with an X flex to demo. That’s how good their CS is.  Don’t listen to what we have to say. It’s meaningless.  

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, sharkiesj said:

I gotta be honest.  I’m shocked at your answer here. If you don’t think you’d learn anything with a FW from Sub70 in your possession with an X flex because of 1.5* difference in loft vs your gamer, I don’t know what else to say. So feel, impact, trajectory, forgiveness and such would be pointless? So you’d rather trust complete strangers in a forum saying they hit it great/bad? 

Use their demo program and talk to Jason.  He’ll probably shaft up any hybrid you want with an X flex to demo. That’s how good their CS is.  Don’t listen to what we have to say. It’s meaningless.  

Also, to @Abh159, if you have any questions on the demo program I would give us a call or email [email protected] He can let you know what might be available and when it will be back...the demos go in and out so what's available is constantly changing. He can try and get you some options to test that will at least give you a good idea of the performance even though the specs may not be identical

• Like 2
5 hours ago, JaySub70 said:

I'm clearly biased but I try as be honest as possible.  I've played the irons and wedges for the last 3+ years.  The steel is definitely soft...but I played a set of 639 CBs (same DT-4 steel) for roughly 150 rounds and didn't have any issues.  I got 100+ rounds out of my last set of wedges and just upgraded to the JB model.  I've probably played 30 rounds with those and haven't had any issues with the wedges either.  I'm guessing the wear you're seeing is a combination of really soft materials and some sandy/gritty soil.  Or bunkers with larger/coarser sand and pebbles.  If it continues and looks like it's becoming an issue just let us know.  It sounds like you haven't had them terribly long and we do have a 60 day guarantee on everything.  We definitely want them to perform and more importantly for you to be happy with them.  Thanks!

Just got off the phone with customer support and I'm incredibly happy with the outcome. Can't say enough about your dedication to making your customers happy. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, willard1523 said:

This came in today. Looks great.

20210601_152216.jpg

20210601_152329.jpg

I think they sent that to the wrong address 😂😂 I can’t wait to get mine. Should ship any day now. 

• Like 1

SRIXON ZX5 9.5 MIYAZAKI MIZORE 60X.                                              SRIXON ZX 13.5 MIYAZAKI MIZORE 70X                                               SRIXON H85 16 MATRIX BLACKTIE 95 SRIXON Z FORGED 4-PW CATALYST 100 6.5                                   CLEVELAND RTX4 50* CATALYST 100 6.0                                        CLEVELAND RTX4 54* CATALYST 100 6.0                                         CLEVELAND RTX4 58* CATALYST 100 6.0.                                             SEEMORE mFGP20 PLATINUM 38” SNELL MTB-X

14 hours ago, JaySub70 said:

Also, to @Abh159, if you have any questions on the demo program I would give us a call or email [email protected] He can let you know what might be available and when it will be back...the demos go in and out so what's available is constantly changing. He can try and get you some options to test that will at least give you a good idea of the performance even though the specs may not be identical

Thanks for chiming in @JaySub70. I'll definitely reach out to Cody!

@sharkiesj I'm surprised you were that shocked by my comment. If it were 0.5 of a degree it wouldn't be a big deal, but 1.5 degrees of extra loft in a wood is going to make a decent difference in trajectory, height, distance, spin, and etc. Do you expect to get minimal changes between a 9 degree and a 10.5 degree driver?

The whole point of buying a new club is to improve upon what I already have. So if I'm not able to get a good comparison between the two, how would I know if it's actually better? 

• Like 1