My Experience Gaming Blades as a Mid-High Handicapper

Andus

> @jpdx said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> >

> > Did we give you enough seconds ? LOL

> >

> > OK, first observations. 40% GIR is 7 per round. Very high for a 15. 2 putts per is 7 pars.

> >

> > A pretty good short game for a mid cap, IMO, would get up and down maybe 1/3 of the time from average lies/distances around the green to the hole. That's another 4 pars.

> >

> > So 11 pars and 7 bogies would make you about a 6 or a 7.

> >

> > So where do you lose all of the rest of your strokes ?

> >

>

> a little off topic, but think you (or anyone else) would be able to guess my hdcp based on my stats?

> last 5 rounds:

> Fairways 25%

> GIR 25.9%

> Putt per hole: 1.9

> Putt per GIR: 2.3

> up and down 34%

> Overall 509 recorded rounds

> Fairways 40%

> GIR 16.1%

> Putt per hole: 1.6

> Putt per GIR: 2.1

> up and down 21%

>

> i'll share some additional info more on topic to the thread after a guess :)

My stats are not that far off that on average and I play to 10. So it must be in that ball park?

• Like 1

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8

> @mahonie said:

> > @jpdx said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > >

> > > Did we give you enough seconds ? LOL

> > >

> > > OK, first observations. 40% GIR is 7 per round. Very high for a 15. 2 putts per is 7 pars.

> > >

> > > A pretty good short game for a mid cap, IMO, would get up and down maybe 1/3 of the time from average lies/distances around the green to the hole. That's another 4 pars.

> > >

> > > So 11 pars and 7 bogies would make you about a 6 or a 7.

> > >

> > > So where do you lose all of the rest of your strokes ?

> > >

> >

> > a little off topic, but think you (or anyone else) would be able to guess my hdcp based on my stats?

> > last 5 rounds:

> > Fairways 25%

> > GIR 25.9%

> > Putt per hole: 1.9

> > Putt per GIR: 2.3

> > up and down 34%

> > Overall 509 recorded rounds

> > Fairways 40%

> > GIR 16.1%

> > Putt per hole: 1.6

> > Putt per GIR: 2.1

> > up and down 21%

> >

> > i'll share some additional info more on topic to the thread after a guess :)

Handicap is a measure of your potential, not your average score, so its impossible to know the answer with the given stats. Your GIR is about 3, meaning you average around 89 over the 509 rounds. Nobody knows how that would translate into handicap, though, as nobody knows how that 89 is distributed (one 79 and one 99 would produce a very different handicap than two 89s but the same stats if tracked together over two rounds). You've probably hit around 85-87 in your last five, but there isn't nearly enough data to tell.

G400 Max 9* Ventus Red 5X, SIM Ventus Red 6X 

Callaway Mavrik 4 (18*) - AW (46*) Project X 5.5

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

25% GIR is typical of a player with a handicap around 15.

16% GIR is typical of a player with a handicap in the low-20s.

EDIT: Lots have studies have been done with massive data sets. All show GIR% to have a very strong correlation with handicap. It's the single biggest predictor. A simple Google search will provide several graphs and/or formulas that have been created.

Personally, I think these are good tools to measure the different areas of your game. I personally find that my driving is about average in relation to my overall handicap. I game some strokes with my irons and wedges (particularly short game). I lose a lot with putting. While I'm an 8 overall, my putting is probably that of a 15- or 20-handicap.

So that's the area I'm working the hardest to improve now that the other areas are relatively strong. I don't have a problem chipping it inside 5-ft. I have a problem never making any of those 5-footers, LOL!

• Like 1

TSR3 (9o) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6)
TSR2+ (14.5o 3w) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7)

TSR2 (21o 7w) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7)

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)
Z-Forged (7-Gw) (Nippon Modus3)

SM9 56-F / 60-S
Maltby PTM-5CS

I guess in relation to this thread, the point I'm making is that the majority of my 7 years of playing this game, I've played cb's. the vast majority of the 509 recorded rounds were played using cb's. over the last 2 or so years (call it 150 rounds), I've switched between "blades" and the cb's. last 5 rounds have been all blades

my experience is that even as a mid high hdcp, my stats are fairly close with whichever type of club I played. my scores have been fairly similar - but trending lower overall. I enjoy hitting the blades more and don't feel much of a difference of distance between the two sets because I also adjust which club I will be hitting: for example 7cb 6blade.. maybe I don't notice the difference because the vapor pros were that well designed that they are just as as forgiving as cb's? haha whatever the case, I enjoy hitting my forged set much more. and whether it helps my game or hurts, I enjoy the intoxicating feel of hitting the sweet spot of a blade iron so I more often enjoy playing the blades.

and that's my experience gaming blades as a mid-high handicapper.

• Like 3

> @jpdx said:

> I guess in relation to this thread, the point I'm making is that the majority of my 7 years of playing this game, I've played cb's. the vast majority of the 509 recorded rounds were played using cb's. over the last 2 or so years (call it 150 rounds), I've switched between "blades" and the cb's. last 5 rounds have been all blades

>

> my experience is that even as a mid high hdcp, my stats are fairly close with whichever type of club I played. my scores have been fairly similar - but trending lower overall. I enjoy hitting the blades more and don't feel much of a difference of distance between the two sets because I also adjust which club I will be hitting: for example 7cb 6blade.. maybe I don't notice the difference because the vapor pros were that well designed that they are just as as forgiving as cb's? haha whatever the case, I enjoy hitting my forged set much more. and whether it helps my game or hurts, I enjoy the intoxicating feel of hitting the sweet spot of a blade iron so I more often enjoy playing the blades.

>

> and that's my experience gaming blades as a mid-high handicapper.

I get what you’re saying.

Your previous post got me checking my stats for the last year and over various rounds I have hit 12/14 fairways, 12/18 GIR, got up and down 8/12 times and took 25 putts. Of course, never have all elements come together in the same round. At best 2 out of 4 and I shoot low 70s.

It shows me that I have the potential to break par with the equipment that’s in my bag...the one factor preventing me do it is ME...not my equipment.

Radius Classic 8

> @jpdx said:

> I guess in relation to this thread, the point I'm making is that the majority of my 7 years of playing this game, I've played cb's. the vast majority of the 509 recorded rounds were played using cb's. over the last 2 or so years (call it 150 rounds), I've switched between "blades" and the cb's. last 5 rounds have been all blades

>

> my experience is that even as a mid high hdcp, my stats are fairly close with whichever type of club I played. my scores have been fairly similar - but trending lower overall. I enjoy hitting the blades more and don't feel much of a difference of distance between the two sets because I also adjust which club I will be hitting: for example 7cb 6blade.. maybe I don't notice the difference because the vapor pros were that well designed that they are just as as forgiving as cb's? haha whatever the case, I enjoy hitting my forged set much more. and whether it helps my game or hurts, I enjoy the intoxicating feel of hitting the sweet spot of a blade iron so I more often enjoy playing the blades.

>

> and that's my experience gaming blades as a mid-high handicapper.

That's because there is no difference. However lack of trust/comfort causes anxiety and anxiety does to a swing what a tornado does to a wooden barn.

• Like 3

> @mahonie said:

> > @jpdx said:

> > I guess in relation to this thread, the point I'm making is that the majority of my 7 years of playing this game, I've played cb's. the vast majority of the 509 recorded rounds were played using cb's. over the last 2 or so years (call it 150 rounds), I've switched between "blades" and the cb's. last 5 rounds have been all blades

> >

> > my experience is that even as a mid high hdcp, my stats are fairly close with whichever type of club I played. my scores have been fairly similar - but trending lower overall. I enjoy hitting the blades more and don't feel much of a difference of distance between the two sets because I also adjust which club I will be hitting: for example 7cb 6blade.. maybe I don't notice the difference because the vapor pros were that well designed that they are just as as forgiving as cb's? haha whatever the case, I enjoy hitting my forged set much more. and whether it helps my game or hurts, I enjoy the intoxicating feel of hitting the sweet spot of a blade iron so I more often enjoy playing the blades.

> >

> > and that's my experience gaming blades as a mid-high handicapper.

>

> I get what you’re saying.

>

> Your previous post got me checking my stats for the last year and over various rounds I have hit 12/14 fairways, 12/18 GIR, got up and down 8/12 times and took 25 putts. Of course, never have all elements come together in the same round. At best 2 out of 4 and I shoot low 70s.

>

> **_It shows me that I have the potential to break par_** with the equipment that’s in my bag...the one factor preventing me do it is ME...not my equipment.

I think this is ANOTHER facet that is not respected, Legit potential.

Let me say this lowest score I have ever shot was a 74..... I have done it once in my life, I hold no consistency to it. But I have done it meaning I have a legit potential to do it again. I have the ability to replicate it, NO clubs can guarantee or even BOAST the ability to get me to shoot a 74, LIKE you stated, it only Is my complete ability to put it all together.

I shot the 74 with my AP2's with X100, prior to my switch to NS Pro 1150gh stiff. Well before I switched to the AMP Cell Pro's. So because I shot the 74 with AP2's and X100 is it because of those clubs that I shot the 74, And since I have NEVER replicated it since and more so currently playing with blades that is the reason its holding me back from shooting another 74?....... Dedicated practice, intentfull practice will likely me get me to shoot another 74...... not the clubs in my hand at this point.

• Like 1

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

> @Exactice808 said:

> > @mahonie said:

> > > @jpdx said:

> > > I guess in relation to this thread, the point I'm making is that the majority of my 7 years of playing this game, I've played cb's. the vast majority of the 509 recorded rounds were played using cb's. over the last 2 or so years (call it 150 rounds), I've switched between "blades" and the cb's. last 5 rounds have been all blades

> > >

> > > my experience is that even as a mid high hdcp, my stats are fairly close with whichever type of club I played. my scores have been fairly similar - but trending lower overall. I enjoy hitting the blades more and don't feel much of a difference of distance between the two sets because I also adjust which club I will be hitting: for example 7cb 6blade.. maybe I don't notice the difference because the vapor pros were that well designed that they are just as as forgiving as cb's? haha whatever the case, I enjoy hitting my forged set much more. and whether it helps my game or hurts, I enjoy the intoxicating feel of hitting the sweet spot of a blade iron so I more often enjoy playing the blades.

> > >

> > > and that's my experience gaming blades as a mid-high handicapper.

> >

> > I get what you’re saying.

> >

> > Your previous post got me checking my stats for the last year and over various rounds I have hit 12/14 fairways, 12/18 GIR, got up and down 8/12 times and took 25 putts. Of course, never have all elements come together in the same round. At best 2 out of 4 and I shoot low 70s.

> >

> > **_It shows me that I have the potential to break par_** with the equipment that’s in my bag...the one factor preventing me do it is ME...not my equipment.

>

> I think this is ANOTHER facet that is not respected, Legit potential.

>

> Let me say this lowest score I have ever shot was a 74..... I have done it once in my life, I hold no consistency to it. But I have done it meaning I have a legit potential to do it again. I have the ability to replicate it, NO clubs can guarantee or even BOAST the ability to get me to shoot a 74, LIKE you stated, it only Is my complete ability to put it all together.

>

> I shot the 74 with my AP2's with X100, prior to my switch to NS Pro 1150gh stiff. Well before I switched to the AMP Cell Pro's. So because I shot the 74 with AP2's and X100 is it because of those clubs that I shot the 74, And since I have NEVER replicated it since and more so currently playing with blades that is the reason its holding me back from shooting another 74?....... Dedicated practice, intentfull practice will likely me get me to shoot another 74...... not the clubs in my hand at this point.

Interesting take.

So Mr mahonie shoots "low 70s" and, like many (most ?) of us seldom if ever seems to have all facets of his game working at their peak on the same day. He shoots those scores with his blades. I would submit that at some point it's very possible he will get to break par with his blades.

You, otoh, are a former 7 -with a best round of 74. Didn't that come about by dedicated & intentful practice ? And you shot 74 ONCE,,,,,,,,,,,, with "Player's CBs".

Now you're low teens using blades because you love 'em and (I believe you said) they're "fun" to play.

And now you believe you'll somehow find the time for all that dedicated practice and you'll likely shoot 74 again some day with your blades ? You somehow "know" the blades wouldn't be the reason you wouldn't get to 74 again ?

Or is your entire point is that it's "possible" ? OK, I concede it's possible.

But wouldn't you admit it's at least as possible that the AP2s are, if not THE reason, a major reason you shot your best ever 74 ? Or do you remember every iron shot of that round and can honestly say you believe a blade would've given you the same, or at least as good of a, chance to make the same score at every hole ?

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

> @nsxguy said:

> > @Exactice808 said:

> > > @mahonie said:

> > > > @jpdx said:

> > > > I guess in relation to this thread, the point I'm making is that the majority of my 7 years of playing this game, I've played cb's. the vast majority of the 509 recorded rounds were played using cb's. over the last 2 or so years (call it 150 rounds), I've switched between "blades" and the cb's. last 5 rounds have been all blades

> > > >

> > > > my experience is that even as a mid high hdcp, my stats are fairly close with whichever type of club I played. my scores have been fairly similar - but trending lower overall. I enjoy hitting the blades more and don't feel much of a difference of distance between the two sets because I also adjust which club I will be hitting: for example 7cb 6blade.. maybe I don't notice the difference because the vapor pros were that well designed that they are just as as forgiving as cb's? haha whatever the case, I enjoy hitting my forged set much more. and whether it helps my game or hurts, I enjoy the intoxicating feel of hitting the sweet spot of a blade iron so I more often enjoy playing the blades.

> > > >

> > > > and that's my experience gaming blades as a mid-high handicapper.

> > >

> > > I get what you’re saying.

> > >

> > > Your previous post got me checking my stats for the last year and over various rounds I have hit 12/14 fairways, 12/18 GIR, got up and down 8/12 times and took 25 putts. Of course, never have all elements come together in the same round. At best 2 out of 4 and I shoot low 70s.

> > >

> > > **_It shows me that I have the potential to break par_** with the equipment that’s in my bag...the one factor preventing me do it is ME...not my equipment.

> >

> > I think this is ANOTHER facet that is not respected, Legit potential.

> >

> > Let me say this lowest score I have ever shot was a 74..... I have done it once in my life, I hold no consistency to it. But I have done it meaning I have a legit potential to do it again. I have the ability to replicate it, NO clubs can guarantee or even BOAST the ability to get me to shoot a 74, LIKE you stated, it only Is my complete ability to put it all together.

> >

> > I shot the 74 with my AP2's with X100, prior to my switch to NS Pro 1150gh stiff. Well before I switched to the AMP Cell Pro's. So because I shot the 74 with AP2's and X100 is it because of those clubs that I shot the 74, And since I have NEVER replicated it since and more so currently playing with blades that is the reason its holding me back from shooting another 74?....... Dedicated practice, intentfull practice will likely me get me to shoot another 74...... not the clubs in my hand at this point.

>

> Interesting take.

>

> So Mr mahonie shoots "low 70s" and, like many (most ?) of us seldom if ever seems to have all facets of his game working at their peak on the same day. He shoots those scores with his blades. I would submit that at some point it's very possible he will get to break par with his blades.

>

> You, otoh, are a former 7 -with a best round of 74. Didn't that come about by dedicated & intentful practice ? And you shot 74 ONCE,,,,,,,,,,,, with "Player's CBs".

>

> Now you're low teens using blades because you love 'em and (I believe you said) they're "fun" to play.

>

> And now you believe you'll somehow find the time for all that dedicated practice and you'll likely shoot 74 again some day with your blades ? You somehow "know" the blades wouldn't be the reason you wouldn't get to 74 again ?

>

> Or is your entire point is that it's "possible" ? OK, I concede it's possible.

>

> But wouldn't you admit it's at least as possible that the AP2s are, if not THE reason, a major reason you shot your best ever 74 ? Or do you remember every iron shot of that round and can honestly say you believe a blade would've given you the same, or at least as good of a, chance to make the same score at every hole ?

Is your goal just to criticize ever post of mine?

With that, YES I got down to a 7, that was gaining consistency improving all shot types. putting, chipping, irons and woods.... Irons were NOT the only facet. YES I know I am not the most talented player so the only way for me personally is to hit thousands of shot to engrave muscle memory and consistency. Once that stops the body forgets and starts to stray.

Lets correct your statement. I play blades because I have enough data to edify that Between any Cavity back and MB. There is no quantifiable difference in score. There is no quantifiable benefit at this time. So This allows me to play with something I just like. NOW if I start to lose distance and the CB's show a noticeable and quantifiable benefit, then I WOULD surely switch. JUST like I have with the 4 & 5 iron. But currently in my opinion and experience there is none.

Yes I remember the day that I shot the 74 and I still have my data. Much like I remember the 1 hole in one. because it was rare, it sticks in my memoruy much better. You know the day I shot 74...what stands out the most? Oddly was NOT a single iron shot? It was the putting. Making 4 birdies that day and scrambling for pars.... THAT is why I shot well. Not my irons.

Now for the data side.....

80kk1ucvmjxy.png

rpb5ubkxzqo2.png

Here is the score card

35 putts

14/18 GIR

10/14 Fairways

So while my GIR are ridiculous, and you can clap your hands to say that it was the AP2s the Real question is, I still had a high amount of putts. 35 with that if had 4 birdies that means 3, 1 putts and 1, 2 putt on a Par 5. This indicates something.. With 35 putts and 14 GIR my proximity was NOT very good I was on the green or near the green to putt but It was no where netting solid birdies. OR My putting was terrible that day. With the determinable stats, 36 putts with 18 GIR is par,

14 GIR less 3, 1 putts should be 33 putts... I still had 35. Proximity to hole was either really bad or my putting was really bad. But having 4 birdies.... doubt my putting was really bad so PROXIMITY to hole that the CB's did NOT help as edified by the score card and stats...were likely the culprit for NOT shooting even lower. NO.....

Not sure why I am still dropping data on you as you again you seem to have your own opinion of me EXACTLY to my response to bladehunter..... No matter the experience or the data someone will just want to disagree with you. NOT sure why but its like you want to cut any credibility that I have. I have no reason to lie, I only have a reason to share no other malicious intent or no other underlying reason.... just share my data, share my experiences in hopes that someone take it and uses it to their advantage in making their personal decisions. I will never force it on them to take it as universal or gospel.

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

> @Exactice808 said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @Exactice808 said:

> > > > @mahonie said:

> > > > > @jpdx said:

> > > > > I guess in relation to this thread, the point I'm making is that the majority of my 7 years of playing this game, I've played cb's. the vast majority of the 509 recorded rounds were played using cb's. over the last 2 or so years (call it 150 rounds), I've switched between "blades" and the cb's. last 5 rounds have been all blades

> > > > >

> > > > > my experience is that even as a mid high hdcp, my stats are fairly close with whichever type of club I played. my scores have been fairly similar - but trending lower overall. I enjoy hitting the blades more and don't feel much of a difference of distance between the two sets because I also adjust which club I will be hitting: for example 7cb 6blade.. maybe I don't notice the difference because the vapor pros were that well designed that they are just as as forgiving as cb's? haha whatever the case, I enjoy hitting my forged set much more. and whether it helps my game or hurts, I enjoy the intoxicating feel of hitting the sweet spot of a blade iron so I more often enjoy playing the blades.

> > > > >

> > > > > and that's my experience gaming blades as a mid-high handicapper.

> > > >

> > > > I get what you’re saying.

> > > >

> > > > Your previous post got me checking my stats for the last year and over various rounds I have hit 12/14 fairways, 12/18 GIR, got up and down 8/12 times and took 25 putts. Of course, never have all elements come together in the same round. At best 2 out of 4 and I shoot low 70s.

> > > >

> > > > **_It shows me that I have the potential to break par_** with the equipment that’s in my bag...the one factor preventing me do it is ME...not my equipment.

> > >

> > > I think this is ANOTHER facet that is not respected, Legit potential.

> > >

> > > Let me say this lowest score I have ever shot was a 74..... I have done it once in my life, I hold no consistency to it. But I have done it meaning I have a legit potential to do it again. I have the ability to replicate it, NO clubs can guarantee or even BOAST the ability to get me to shoot a 74, LIKE you stated, it only Is my complete ability to put it all together.

> > >

> > > I shot the 74 with my AP2's with X100, prior to my switch to NS Pro 1150gh stiff. Well before I switched to the AMP Cell Pro's. So because I shot the 74 with AP2's and X100 is it because of those clubs that I shot the 74, And since I have NEVER replicated it since and more so currently playing with blades that is the reason its holding me back from shooting another 74?....... Dedicated practice, intentfull practice will likely me get me to shoot another 74...... not the clubs in my hand at this point.

> >

> > Interesting take.

> >

> > So Mr mahonie shoots "low 70s" and, like many (most ?) of us seldom if ever seems to have all facets of his game working at their peak on the same day. He shoots those scores with his blades. I would submit that at some point it's very possible he will get to break par with his blades.

> >

> > You, otoh, are a former 7 -with a best round of 74. Didn't that come about by dedicated & intentful practice ? And you shot 74 ONCE,,,,,,,,,,,, with "Player's CBs".

> >

> > Now you're low teens using blades because you love 'em and (I believe you said) they're "fun" to play.

> >

> > And now you believe you'll somehow find the time for all that dedicated practice and you'll likely shoot 74 again some day with your blades ? You somehow "know" the blades wouldn't be the reason you wouldn't get to 74 again ?

> >

> > Or is your entire point is that it's "possible" ? OK, I concede it's possible.

> >

> > But wouldn't you admit it's at least as possible that the AP2s are, if not THE reason, a major reason you shot your best ever 74 ? Or do you remember every iron shot of that round and can honestly say you believe a blade would've given you the same, or at least as good of a, chance to make the same score at every hole ?

>

> Is your goal just to criticize ever post of mine?

>

> With that, YES I got down to a 7, that was gaining consistency improving all shot types. putting, chipping, irons and woods.... Irons were NOT the only facet. YES I know I am not the most talented player so the only way for me personally is to hit thousands of shot to engrave muscle memory and consistency. Once that stops the body forgets and starts to stray.

>

> Lets correct your statement. I play blades because I have enough data to edify that Between any Cavity back and MB. There is no quantifiable difference in score. There is no quantifiable benefit at this time. So This allows me to play with something I just like. NOW if I start to lose distance and the CB's show a noticeable and quantifiable benefit, then I WOULD surely switch. JUST like I have with the 4 & 5 iron. But currently in my opinion and experience there is none.

>

> Yes I remember the day that I shot the 74 and I still have my data. Much like I remember the 1 hole in one. because it was rare, it sticks in my memoruy much better. You know the day I shot 74...what stands out the most? Oddly was NOT a single iron shot? It was the putting. Making 4 birdies that day and scrambling for pars.... THAT is why I shot well. Not my irons.

> Now for the data side.....

> 80kk1ucvmjxy.png

> rpb5ubkxzqo2.png

>

>

> Here is the score card

> 35 putts

> 14/18 GIR

> 10/14 Fairways

> So while my GIR are ridiculous, and you can clap your hands to say that it was the AP2s the Real question is, I still had a high amount of putts. 35 with that if had 4 birdies that means 3, 1 putts and 1, 2 putt on a Par 5. This indicates something.. With 35 putts and 14 GIR my proximity was NOT very good I was on the green or near the green to putt but It was no where netting solid birdies. OR My putting was terrible that day. With the determinable stats, 36 putts with 18 GIR is par,

> 14 GIR less 3, 1 putts should be 33 putts... I still had 35. Proximity to hole was either really bad or my putting was really bad. But having 4 birdies.... doubt my putting was really bad so PROXIMITY to hole that the CB's did NOT help as edified by the score card and stats...were likely the culprit for NOT shooting even lower. NO.....

>

> Not sure why I am still dropping data on you as you again you seem to have your own opinion of me EXACTLY to my response to bladehunter..... No matter the experience or the data someone will just want to disagree with you. NOT sure why but its like you want to cut any credibility that I have. I have no reason to lie, I only have a reason to share no other malicious intent or no other underlying reason.... just share my data, share my experiences in hopes that someone take it and uses it to their advantage in making their personal decisions. I will never force it on them to take it as universal or gospel.

>

>

>

"Criticize" your every post ? LMAO Did you or did you not state you like to debate ? So someone debates you and now you don't like someone "criticizing" you ? That's pretty funny. LMAO

I'd ask to see all your data that tells you that there is no quantifiable difference between the blades and CBs but even *I* am not that bored. And besides, the only thing that really counts would be your opinion on each and every individual strike and whether or not you believe it would have been better (or rather saved you a shot) with a CB (if the strike was with a blade) OR would the shot have been worse (cost you a shot) with a blade (had the strike been with a CB). Or even vice versa for that matter.

But I doubt you have THAT data and you certainly can't remember it all.

So what you're really saying is that your experience is at the very least somewhat vague (as my experience is as well) and you remember it as being "just as good" with the blades and, since you "like" the blades more, that's your experience/opinion.

No worries. Carry on.

Titleist Pro V1X

> @nsxguy said:

> "Criticize" your every post ? LMAO Did you or did you not state you like to debate ? So someone debates you and now you don't like someone "criticizing" you ? That's pretty funny. LMAO

>

> I'd ask to see all your data that tells you that there is no quantifiable difference between the blades and CBs but even *I* am not that bored. And besides, the only thing that really counts would be your opinion on each and every individual strike and whether or not you believe it would have been better (or rather saved you a shot) with a CB (if the strike was with a blade) OR would the shot have been worse (cost you a shot) with a blade (had the strike been with a CB). Or even vice versa for that matter.

>

> But I doubt you have THAT data and you certainly can't remember it all.

>

> So what you're really saying is that your experience is at the very least somewhat vague (as my experience is as well) and you remember it as being "just as good" with the blades and, since you "like" the blades more, that's your experience/opinion.

>

> No worries. Carry on.

>

MY apologies @nsxguy you are right. I am a little emotional this morning as it was mothers day so there was a lot of hugging around my house this morning!!!!! With that, Happy Mothers Day to all mothers and to all those that support Mothers you guys are amazing as well!

Can I back off and try one more time.....

1) Sorry again, From here on out lets "Debate" not feel critical! I agree thats my bad.

2) You are right, MOST of it is interpretation. But the round data still shows holes... Here is the fun part, WHAT could have... with the stats you saw dont you think I had a chance to shoot under par?? Common, gotta give me that LOL!

Your last point is pretty much dead on! YES

1) My experience to the 74 is vague sure! YET, My over all experience in relation to being a single to current mid capper, has put my decision where I am now.

2) My current experience/opinion is EXACTLY like you stated. That the blades were "just as good", and "since" I like blades, that is why I play them.

3) Are you implying that if I switch to CB's in my current form and situation (lack of practice, kids, real life) I would likely decrease my scores and shoot better? Is that what you are trying to imply to me? (let me clarify one more time) I am NO way advocating one way or the other, I am sharing my data and info some an onlooker can take it interpret it how they want and make their choice)

Can you agree that I have never told anyone to play blades. I have only edified and justified why I personally choose to play. Sharing my personal experience?

Finally in closing. As another poster stated it...... Passionate.... I know I have but I love it... but if I can just get off for a moment.

@nsxguy can I ask a personal questions? Do you own one or are you connected to an NSX? This is my second personal dream car (why I ask) so I envy you if you are directly connected to one as they are absolutely amazing!

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

@nsxguy

For the fun of it as well! (as we are debating right?) This round was WITH my blades, same course. just 2 years later. (you can see its 2 different apps I used)

Its not a 74 but 77 it also shows a some what my reflexive point, of GIR and putts... But if I might add 2 more facets at the end.

pmjoz37rt212.png

miiu5ds8qkxq.png

6/14 fairways, (front was ugly as you can see)

8 GIR (ditto to above and shot unconscious on the back) First time I have ever shot under par on a 9

33 putts.

Decent low scores, different clubs (not really an honest comparison per say, But debatable)

Why? well when things worked, GIR went up, back 9 putts were low 16 as we can assume proximity was closer (sure I did have a chip in eagle on 16 but I was right off the fringe about 10ft away)

So can we assume (or my feeling) that my proximity was better playing with the blades? But here is my double edge blade (pun intended) Shot 2 different 9 rights, that means my miss was likely greater on the front 9 with the blades. But when thinks were working well it was tighter? No?

concluding that its a risk vs reward yet it comes out about the same.....so I choose to play what I like. I mean I cannot switch to Cavity backs mid round right LOL!

The 2 points I wanted to add

1) No Penalties both rounds, remember 3 post ago you where I was losing my stroke as of recent?

2-3 penalties per round currently.

2) Fairways, Both days, 10/14 fairways and the the other is 6/14. Current average is 39% with is 5/14 average... Yes I miss a lot.... it hurts my score off the tee. Trying to work that out... But not enough time to practice.

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

> @Exactice808 said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > "Criticize" your every post ? LMAO Did you or did you not state you like to debate ? So someone debates you and now you don't like someone "criticizing" you ? That's pretty funny. LMAO

> >

> > I'd ask to see all your data that tells you that there is no quantifiable difference between the blades and CBs but even *I* am not that bored. And besides, the only thing that really counts would be your opinion on each and every individual strike and whether or not you believe it would have been better (or rather saved you a shot) with a CB (if the strike was with a blade) OR would the shot have been worse (cost you a shot) with a blade (had the strike been with a CB). Or even vice versa for that matter.

> >

> > But I doubt you have THAT data and you certainly can't remember it all.

> >

> > So what you're really saying is that your experience is at the very least somewhat vague (as my experience is as well) and you remember it as being "just as good" with the blades and, since you "like" the blades more, that's your experience/opinion.

> >

> > No worries. Carry on.

> >

> MY apologies @nsxguy you are right. I am a little emotional this morning as it was mothers day so there was a lot of hugging around my house this morning!!!!! With that, Happy Mothers Day to all mothers and to all those that support Mothers you guys are amazing as well!

> Can I back off and try one more time.....

> 1) Sorry again, From here on out lets "Debate" not feel critical! I agree thats my bad.

> 2) You are right, MOST of it is interpretation. But the round data still shows holes... Here is the fun part, WHAT could have... with the stats you saw dont you think I had a chance to shoot under par?? Common, gotta give me that LOL!

>

> Your last point is pretty much dead on! YES

> 1) My experience to the 74 is vague sure! YET, My over all experience in relation to being a single to current mid capper, has put my decision where I am now.

> 2) My current experience/opinion is EXACTLY like you stated. That the blades were "just as good", and "since" I like blades, that is why I play them.

> 3) Are you implying that if I switch to CB's in my current form and situation (lack of practice, kids, real life) I would likely decrease my scores and shoot better? Is that what you are trying to imply to me? (let me clarify one more time) I am NO way advocating one way or the other, I am sharing my data and info some an onlooker can take it interpret it how they want and make their choice)

>

> Can you agree that I have never told anyone to play blades. I have only edified and justified why I personally choose to play. Sharing my personal experience?

>

> Finally in closing. As another poster stated it...... Passionate.... I know I have but I love it... but if I can just get off for a moment.

>

> @nsxguy can I ask a personal questions? Do you own one or are you connected to an NSX? This is my second personal dream car (why I ask) so I envy you if you are directly connected to one as they are absolutely amazing!

>

>

>

Last thing first. I've owned 3 NSX, 1998 Yellow, 2004 Blue (lease) and 2004 Orange. Not the fastest, not the best handling but to me at least, not able to be mistaken for anything else. When the crash came in 2008 and I got laid off I "panicked" and the first thing to go was the Orange NSX. Wish I'd have kept it. Not only could I have afforded to keep it but today, even with all the mileage I'd have put on it in the meantime, it'd probably be worth twice what I paid for it. LOL

Now,,,,,,,,, no worries, think nothing of it. We all go off the rails a bit here and there.

As for your 74, of course i can't say it was because you played PCBs that day. How would I know ? As mahonie(?) suggested there are a number of distinct parts of the game and, on average, when you play fairly well (average ?) often one part of the game "picks up" another part and the rest are about "average" (whatever that is). Who can figure out what part of the game works when ?

And when we play our best, it's usually because ONE part, sometimes 2, of the game in unusually good or even great and the rest are average or above. It all kind of works out. When I had my best round of 70 (-1) with a triple my irons were fabulous and my putter got red hot. Driver was decent but not great and chipping ? Didn't need to chip. LOL

Frankly, I don't know anyone who keeps detailed enough "stats" to know, for a fact, that MBs or CBs are "better" for their game.

Unless one keeps very detailed stats, while they're still fresh in their mind and writes them down, the culmination of shots with a particular club, or in this case a set of irons, is always their "best guess". And that includes a lot more than the actual results.

It's selective memory. Just like "luck". We tend to forget our good breaks (after all we deserve them, right ? LOL) but can always remember the bad ones (Why ME ?!?!?!) it's a little different with our clubs. When we LIKE what we're hitting we remember the pure strikes and great results and tend to forget about (and forgive our "babies" ? LOL) when we mishit them and blame ourselves.

Quite the opposite when, for whatever reason, we've come to dislike our "squeeze" and start looking around. THEN it's always the club's fault and when we hit a good one we think "It's about time !!!". And then of course the search begins anew. LOL

Point being that whatever we do, whether we love our irons and support them, as in these threads, or hate our irons and begin looking again, we often (usually ?) do so on sketchy info and emotional reasons.

The CB guys seem to be put off by the "There's NO difference" guys but aren't offended by cries of CBs being LESS workable (which is true).

The blade guys seem to be put off by "CBs are more forgiving" but are also offended by "CBs go "straighter" and even that tehy're more suitable for casual/higher handicap players.

So everybody'll support what they choose to play. What're ya gonna do ? Have fun and play whatever you like.

And for the record I don't recall you saying anyone should play blades.

Best, etc.

Titleist Pro V1X

> @nsxguy said:

> It's selective memory. Just like "luck". We tend to forget our good breaks (after all we deserve them, right ? LOL) but can always remember the bad ones (Why ME ?!?!?!) it's a little different with our clubs. When we LIKE what we're hitting we remember the pure strikes and great results and tend to forget about (and forgive our "babies" ? LOL) when we mishit them and blame ourselves.

Perfect example for me today. Second hole I block my drive right towards a row of trees. I knew it got into them about 200 yards out, didn't see it drop. Turns out it bounced about 45 degrees to the left and ended up on the left side of the fairway. Good break. I'm about 150 out into a light breeze and I hit a perfect 7 iron, heading right on line - until it catches the one small branch hanging out from the row of trees on the left side. LOL. So if I go solely by the "stats", that hole was FIR but not GIR. From a shot perspective though, it was not a well-struck drive, but was a well-struck iron.

It's a stupid game :smiley:

• Like 1

AI Smoke Max Tensei Blue 55R | Cleveland Halo XL HyWood 3+ Tensei Blue 55R

G430 4-5H Alta R | Srixon ZX4-5 7i-AW Dart 65R

Glide4 Eye2 56 | Vokey 60 M | Ping Anser 2023

@nsxguy NICEEEEE!!!!! I have owned 3 MR2s. built 2 of them from the ground up. The fastest one I built, 22lbs of boost (TD06 17c from a GMC typhoon, custom fabed) ran 12's on pump gas, about 375hp. Mid ship rear wheel extreme balance. No V6 though just a 4 cylinder LOL But I think I have an inclining of what you appreciate the NSX for!

Wife is from Suzuka (Birth place of Honda) Uncle in-law was someone important at the circuit enough to get me on the track and up close and personal with this guy

fyw0eqcgkwxe.png.

After I met this beauty been in love with it ever since LOL! Moving on as I dont want to bore you with more photos and video LOL!!!!!

Im just being a little bit of a smart @$$, as we would never know what would have been better that day. I did change apps that actually allows me to track shots in detail. It uses GPS and I can waypoint the shots with club details. Its pretty amazing. So I can say with some confidence that I do know my shots and get to review it in decent detail after the round. Everything you have said up to this point has been spot on and I agree.... SO in all fairness... What the heck (were we debating) LOL!

CB guys all have their positive benefits in mind... If I may rehash just a bit.

1) Player GI- Perimeter weight. Retains ball speed on less then optimal strikes

2) Player GI - usually more traditional lofts, thinner soled less offset. So visually looks like an MB but with the pure benefits of perimeter weighting

SGI- have all the above, but 3 caveats

1) More offset as we go up the iron chain

2) Generally stronger lofts 44/43* PW compared to 46* and

3) Wider sole to help with bounce and digging

I personally do not prefer offset and I have found zero benefits to stronger lofts. Lastly ball striking has not been loss to sole width. SGI would not be personal preference.

So the comfortable option is a Players GI out side of the "Blade debate" Which i have played for years that being the AP2's. So here is the thing. YES the AP2 would aid in retention of ball speed on less then optimal strikes. But per the fluctuation of GIR nor the dispersion the AP2's show no benefit in my current form. What else benefit would I need to justify playing the AP2's As I stated I have setup both irons to a shot window that I want. 6 iron for example.

Cobra goes 170 carry 175 total, 6500 rpms peak height 87ft.

AP2 goes 173 carry 178 total,6200 rpms peak height 90 ft

If this is intended through both sets yet when I miss its a miss, the perimeter weight does not save my bad shot (per) say or my common miss and thats a hook closed face shot, its going left and just further left.

So all this BS..... is there an edified reason at this point to change and play the AP2's? There really isn't any real justifiable reason right at this point?

So like you said, I have personally chosen to play what I like....and its not a detriment to my game is it?

Finally the point is if someone is willing or has gone through the experiments and I know some have maybe many... the MB debate is not so cut and dry as others imply...."CB's should be played default" etc.....

Thanks for the edification as well, As for some odd reason while I defend the reason I play MB's For some odd reason, I am a "Blade" defender? I dont recall defending the Iron itself. I defend the reason why I chose to play it! I appreciate the confirmation!

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

> @Bigmean said:

> 98 yellow nsx...... badass.

>

> I am sure the orange was cool too, but something about a yellow sports car....

Funny thing about the 98 Yellow. I lived on Long Island (NY). It was a year old with 3K miles in the showroom for $73K but I couldn't convince myself to spring for that much $$$. A month or so later I visited again and it was gone. I was bummed even though i wasn't in the market at that price.

Amazingly, found the exact same car in Chicago. 98 Yellow with 3K miles,,,,,,,,, for $66K. Made a deal with them for $62K and they took my 98 Yellow M Roadster in trade so I saved the sales tax (~$2400) on about $30K on the trade in (dealer on L.I. didn't really want my trade in).

Turned out it WAS the same car (VIN # matched). So for a 1600 mile round trip I saved about $13K.

But the Orange car was nicer. Turns out the exposed headlights (over the pop ups), slightly more power and some small body changes made for a better looking car IMO.

Titleist Pro V1X

> @dciccoritti said:

> > @jpdx said:

> > I guess in relation to this thread, the point I'm making is that the majority of my 7 years of playing this game, I've played cb's. the vast majority of the 509 recorded rounds were played using cb's. over the last 2 or so years (call it 150 rounds), I've switched between "blades" and the cb's. last 5 rounds have been all blades

> >

> > my experience is that even as a mid high hdcp, my stats are fairly close with whichever type of club I played. my scores have been fairly similar - but trending lower overall. I enjoy hitting the blades more and don't feel much of a difference of distance between the two sets because I also adjust which club I will be hitting: for example 7cb 6blade.. maybe I don't notice the difference because the vapor pros were that well designed that they are just as as forgiving as cb's? haha whatever the case, I enjoy hitting my forged set much more. and whether it helps my game or hurts, I enjoy the intoxicating feel of hitting the sweet spot of a blade iron so I more often enjoy playing the blades.

> >

> > and that's my experience gaming blades as a mid-high handicapper.

>

> That's because there is no difference. However lack of trust/comfort causes anxiety and anxiety does to a swing what a tornado does to a wooden barn.

>

If a golf club causes anxiety there’s probably some deeper medical issues. A tornado however could cause a bit of anxiety.

Just to close the loop on my initial testing for completeness, the 716 CB feel and look great, and I noticed that they can help significantly with a toe miss (but not every time).

Overall numbers are comparable to my MP-4s. The Aerotech Steelfiber i95 stiff weighs 25 grams less than my MP-4 shafts and has a different bend profile, but in my hands I didn’t notice a big difference in ball flight.

The below set has a long pull (high shot) and a short push (low shot)—you can see both in the top right map. The other shots are generally clustered around the same distance. Horizontal misses, ignoring the two outliers, don’t exceed 30 feet/10 yards, while a number are significantly closer to center.

Current shot happens to be my best shot, and lines up with the distance I expect from my 6 iron.

9c70tyl6ba11.jpeg

In the future, I’ll probably restrict my iron testing to a separate thread.

Struggling with both my woods and irons, I went into the closet over the weekend and pulled out my '85 Titleist Tour Models, and my X2 Hot 3deep.

Hit them for an hour or so Sunday, and then another hour and 18 holes today. Hitting them side by side with the Srixons, I hit them consistently straighter, with less left to right variance. The Srixons have fewer "weak" shots, but also have more variance long. The Titleists are both shorter, and have 2-3* weaker lofts -- so the 6 iron is the same as the Srixon 7. A good shot with the blades varies +/- 10 yards. A good shot with with the Srixons is -5 to +15.

The blades require me to have a tighter swing - I'm going to play for a few weeks with them. If I keep hitting them well, the Srixons are going on the market, and I am going to look for some more modern blades -- 716 MB or maybe the 716 CB.

And also, the x2 Hot Pro 3deep is the best fairway off the tee I have ever hit. It is going back in the bag.

Titleist TSR3 9* (+1, neutral), Ventus Red TR 6X

Callaway X2Hot pro 3Deep 14* with Aldila Tour Green 75 S

Titleist T200 3i and 4i, Project X LZ 6.0

Titleist T100 (2020) 5-PW, Project X Precision 6.0

PXG Sugar Daddy 50, 54, 58

Taylor Made Spider

• 1 month later...

> @Exactice808 said:

> @nsxguy NICEEEEE!!!!! I have owned 3 MR2s. built 2 of them from the ground up. The fastest one I built, 22lbs of boost (TD06 17c from a GMC typhoon, custom fabed) ran 12's on pump gas, about 375hp. Mid ship rear wheel extreme balance. No V6 though just a 4 cylinder LOL But I think I have an inclining of what you appreciate the NSX for!

> Wife is from Suzuka (Birth place of Honda) Uncle in-law was someone important at the circuit enough to get me on the track and up close and personal with this guy

> fyw0eqcgkwxe.png.

> After I met this beauty been in love with it ever since LOL! Moving on as I dont want to bore you with more photos and video LOL!!!!!

>

> Im just being a little bit of a smart @$$, as we would never know what would have been better that day. I did change apps that actually allows me to track shots in detail. It uses GPS and I can waypoint the shots with club details. Its pretty amazing. So I can say with some confidence that I do know my shots and get to review it in decent detail after the round. Everything you have said up to this point has been spot on and I agree.... SO in all fairness... What the heck (were we debating) LOL!

>

> CB guys all have their positive benefits in mind... If I may rehash just a bit.

> 1) Player GI- Perimeter weight. Retains ball speed on less then optimal strikes

> 2) Player GI - usually more traditional lofts, thinner soled less offset. So visually looks like an MB but with the pure benefits of perimeter weighting

> SGI- have all the above, but 3 caveats

> 1) More offset as we go up the iron chain

> 2) Generally stronger lofts 44/43* PW compared to 46* and

> 3) Wider sole to help with bounce and digging

>

> I personally do not prefer offset and I have found zero benefits to stronger lofts. Lastly ball striking has not been loss to sole width. SGI would not be personal preference.

>

> So the comfortable option is a Players GI out side of the "Blade debate" Which i have played for years that being the AP2's. So here is the thing. YES the AP2 would aid in retention of ball speed on less then optimal strikes. But per the fluctuation of GIR nor the dispersion the AP2's show no benefit in my current form. What else benefit would I need to justify playing the AP2's As I stated I have setup both irons to a shot window that I want. 6 iron for example.

> Cobra goes 170 carry 175 total, 6500 rpms peak height 87ft.

> AP2 goes 173 carry 178 total,6200 rpms peak height 90 ft

> If this is intended through both sets yet when I miss its a miss, the perimeter weight does not save my bad shot (per) say or my common miss and thats a hook closed face shot, its going left and just further left.

>

> So all this BS..... is there an edified reason at this point to change and play the AP2's? There really isn't any real justifiable reason right at this point?

> So like you said, I have personally chosen to play what I like....and its not a detriment to my game is it?

> Finally the point is if someone is willing or has gone through the experiments and I know some have maybe many... the MB debate is not so cut and dry as others imply...."CB's should be played default" etc.....

>

> Thanks for the edification as well, As for some odd reason while I defend the reason I play MB's For some odd reason, I am a "Blade" defender? I dont recall defending the Iron itself. I defend the reason why I chose to play it! I appreciate the confirmation!

>

>

>

>

>

Thanks for the insightful post.

Have done some experimentation myself with blades (Titliest 680) and players GI (Titleist AP2) irons. After thousands of shots I have found that a bad shot is a bad shot with either club with one caveat. With my long blade irons starting with around the 6 a well struck shot is consistently 5 yards shorter with a bad struck shot being 7-12 yards shorter. Feel this distance loss with blades is partly due with no help in the iron head with weighting and lower CoG and partly due to weaker lofts. Feel confident looking down at a 6 iron blade but when I get to the 5, 4, and 3, mentally its a coin flip if I can hit the club good or not.

For me I decided to use blades up to the 6 iron, replaced my 5 iron with an AP2, my 4 iron is either an AP2 or hybrid (depending on how I feel and the course), and the 3 iron with a hybrid. Discovering my breaking point for blades was a fun experiment to say the least. Feel that most decent players could play blades in short to mid irons with no issue if they wanted to and I feel that "forgiveness" that is marketed towards us as golfers is overblown.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is an epic thread and count me as a +1 to the thoughts of the OP.

I played Titleist DCI 962s for 20 years until I decided to finally buy a new set of irons. I'm an 8 handicap and loved the way the 962s felt, but felt that I could use some new tech. At a Titleist demo day back in April, I was fitted into the CB head. I took that data to my favored club fitter in Kansas City to get everything dialed in and have a set built with X-Seven shafts. During the process he had me hit MBs to see if he could get my spin down to more controllable levels, and sure enough it did. I was nervous about playing blades as an 8 handicap but the fitter assured me it was the right move. I've had them since early June and it certainly was the right move. -- Like the OP, "ball-striking" with my irons (making center-face contact) was not the reason I was an 8 hcp. I was an 8 handicap because of my inconsistency with driver (too many penalty strokes for O.B.) and a longstanding bout I had with the chipping yips.

To those who say, "well if you were playing game improvement irons, you'd hit more greens, and your short game wouldn't come into play as much, thus bettering your scores" where are the numbers to back this up? You can see [here](http://www.thegrint.com/range/2013/03/golf-tips-gir/ "here") that a traditional 8 handicap can expect to hit between 6-7 GIR per round. Assuming the 8 handicap makes 6 pars on those holes, he/she would have to get up and down for par at least four times (assuming that bogey is the worst score on the card during the round). I can only speak for myself, but I hit about 9 greens in regulation per round and that means in order to shoot 80 I need to get up and down once, which I can do, but the problem is that on the other 8 holes, not only am I not getting up and down for par, bogey isn't always a guarantee, never mind the fact that when I don't play well it's usually due to penalty strokes and missing makeable putts.

I've played with a 4 handicap who plays GIs and hits about 6 GIR a round and can still shoot 72 because so long as he doesn't have a terrible lie around the green, the ball is going to be within three feet every time and unlike me, he doesn't miss 10 footers for birdie or 6 footers for par.

Bottom line: play what feels best if you're a feel golfer. Play what works best if utility is the name of your equipment game.

Driver: Titleist TSi4 | Fuji Evo 660 - X-flex  FW: Callaway X2 Hot 14.5* - Aldila Tour Green | Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB (3), Titleist 718 CB (4-5) 718 MB (6-9) - True Temper Dynamic Gold X Seven | Wedges: Vokey SM6/7 46-52-56* KBS 610 Wedge, Taylormade Hi-Toe 60(ATV), KBS 610 Wedge | Putter: Alternating Scotty Cameron  Ball: Titleist AVX or ProV1x Left Dash

> @themule08 said:

> I don't agree... I was a 12 playing blades.. I went to AP2 last 2 rounds and have shot 77 and 80, you might think you are striking blades right, but you aren't..

Enjoy the honeymoon period...I’ve known 4 people who switched from blades to AP2s and ended up losing their swings.

I tested the AP2 714s against Ping S55s and my MP4s and to be honest, the AP2s trailed a distant third. Comparatively harsh in feel wasn’t the deciding factor...the very poor performance on mishits was the clincher. They were consistently 10 yards shorter on toe strikes than the other 2. Biggest surprise was how good the S55s performed and felt.

Just my experience...if you have confidence in them I’m sure they’ll be fine.

Radius Classic 8

> @mahonie said:

> > @themule08 said:

> > I don't agree... I was a 12 playing blades.. I went to AP2 last 2 rounds and have shot 77 and 80, you might think you are striking blades right, but you aren't..

> Enjoy the honeymoon period...I’ve known 4 people who switched from blades to AP2s and ended up losing their swings.

>

> I tested the AP2 714s against Ping S55s and my MP4s and to be honest, the AP2s trailed a distant third. Comparatively harsh in feel wasn’t the deciding factor...the very poor performance on mishits was the clincher. They were consistently 10 yards shorter on toe strikes than the other 2. Biggest surprise was how good the S55s performed and felt.

>

> Just my experience...if you have confidence in them I’m sure they’ll be fine.

>

How do you “lose your swing” based on a club choice? An MB doesn’t help you retain anything that another club wouldn’t. Ridiculous

> @BiggErn said:

> > @mahonie said:

> > > @themule08 said:

> > > I don't agree... I was a 12 playing blades.. I went to AP2 last 2 rounds and have shot 77 and 80, you might think you are striking blades right, but you aren't..

> > Enjoy the honeymoon period...I’ve known 4 people who switched from blades to AP2s and ended up losing their swings.

> >

> > I tested the AP2 714s against Ping S55s and my MP4s and to be honest, the AP2s trailed a distant third. Comparatively harsh in feel wasn’t the deciding factor...the very poor performance on mishits was the clincher. They were consistently 10 yards shorter on toe strikes than the other 2. Biggest surprise was how good the S55s performed and felt.

> >

> > Just my experience...if you have confidence in them I’m sure they’ll be fine.

> >

>

> How do you “lose your swing” based on a club choice? An MB doesn’t help you retain anything that another club wouldn’t. Ridiculous.

Don’t ask me...these are guys I’ve played with who’ve been fitted into AP2s and within 3-6 months haven’t found the level of feel or forgiveness they were expecting and their games had deteriorated to the point where they couldn’t hit the ball effectively.

Radius Classic 8

While lot of bickering up in here.

TXG did a comparison with an SGI club as well in another video.

Basically, if you can get the flight you want out of the blade, there's such a tiny difference between the two that it comes down to personal preference.

I prefer looking down at a blade so I tend to use my two muscle sets over the Nike VR Pro set I have, but my scores aren't any different with the help the GI clubs provide. If anything, the experience is slightly worse because it's really difficult to hit a controlled cut with the low spin clubs, so I can't fire at pins like I'm used to with the blades and that frustrates me so I don't play as well. That doesn't mean they're better clubs, or that everybody should use them, just that I prefer them.

Use what you like. *shrug*