Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fubuki 82x Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 90s

Mizuno 919T 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype 95 f4
Vokey SM2 50*, SM2 TVD 56*M & 59*M, 64* Recoil Proto 95 f4

Piretti Matera Elite

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like these two variations on the above concept of "putting on the brakes":

Yep, there are a bunch of takes out there on parametric acceleration (shoulder up) and decelerating the body into impact (kinematic sequence). Here they’re specifically using a ‘brakes’ analogy to explain energy transfer between body segments and into the club.

Chris Brook has some good videos on deceleration in terms of the mechanics presented, but they’re not as easy to watch. Peter knight made a more watchable one, focusing on hands-to-clubhead, as do Chris Ryan and Robyn Symes.

Where I think Chris Brook differs - and I think it’s important - is that this isn’t just about hands-to-clubhead, but rather happens in a sequence across body segments too... And in those cases the deceleration is actually caused by an acceleration in the next segment.

I just make sure I exploit the forces of gravity to the fullest - it swings the club as fast as needed.  :wink:

(i'm obviously kidding for anyone just joining this program)

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]