Jump to content

Which irons won't you play and why?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

> @texcrom said: > Wilson. Always perceive them as a cheap low quality product.   You are Wrong

Any iron(s) with stick-on badges, bridges, bolts, elastomer fillings or laughably strong lofts. The results of any iron shot, whether forged or cast, should reflect solely the quality with which it w

You guys aren’t playing PING irons because there is a notch in the hosel that isn’t visible at address? Seriously?   Edit: and you don’t like the look at address? Have you ever held an S55 or iBlade d

> @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > @gs1184 said:

> > Mizuno, because of all major brands they have the most disrespect for better left handed players since they stopped making the mp68s.

> >

> > I invest in brands that are lefty friendly like Callaway and Titleist. Just got the AP3s and love them.

>

> Mizuno isn't disrespecting anyone, it's a financial decision on their part. Makes no sense as a business model for a company like that to maybe break even making left handed clubs. Same reason the majority of people aren't out buying PXG irons because of the price.

 

Most of the other manufacturers have no problem producing a good selection of left handed stuff.

Ping G410  10.5 Project X Evenflow 5.5

Ping G425 5 wood
Ping Anser 20* Hybrid

Srixon ZX5's  5-PW

Ping Glide 3.0  50*
Ping Glide
 54 & 58*ES

Bettinardi Queen B 6

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @lawsonman said:

> > @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > > @gs1184 said:

> > > Mizuno, because of all major brands they have the most disrespect for better left handed players since they stopped making the mp68s.

> > >

> > > I invest in brands that are lefty friendly like Callaway and Titleist. Just got the AP3s and love them.

> >

> > Mizuno isn't disrespecting anyone, it's a financial decision on their part. Makes no sense as a business model for a company like that to maybe break even making left handed clubs. Same reason the majority of people aren't out buying PXG irons because of the price.

>

> Most of the other manufacturers have no problem producing a good selection of left handed stuff.

 

You do realize most other manufacturers are significantly larger and can profit from making left handed clubs. Left handed people make up like 10% of the population and probably half of that percentage for golfers. Mizuno also mostly makes forged irons which are much more difficult and expensive to make. It's really a ridiculous statement to make about Mizuno. It makes no sense for a company that size to make left handed irons which they would just lose money producing.

 

Titleist TSi3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 14.25 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70TX

Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90X

Titleist T200 4 - Project X 6.5

Titleist T100 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Vokey SM8 Jet Black 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Titleist ProV1x

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > @lawsonman said:

> > > @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > > > @gs1184 said:

> > > > Mizuno, because of all major brands they have the most disrespect for better left handed players since they stopped making the mp68s.

> > > >

> > > > I invest in brands that are lefty friendly like Callaway and Titleist. Just got the AP3s and love them.

> > >

> > > Mizuno isn't disrespecting anyone, it's a financial decision on their part. Makes no sense as a business model for a company like that to maybe break even making left handed clubs. Same reason the majority of people aren't out buying PXG irons because of the price.

> >

> > Most of the other manufacturers have no problem producing a good selection of left handed stuff.

>

> You do realize most other manufacturers are significantly larger and can profit from making left handed clubs. Left handed people make up like 10% of the population and probably half of that percentage for golfers. Mizuno also mostly makes forged irons which are much more difficult and expensive to make. It's really a ridiculous statement to make about Mizuno. It makes no sense for a company that size to make left handed irons which they would just lose money producing.

>

 

Larger than Mizuno!!?? Mizuno had almost 2 billion dollars worth of sales in the U.S alone back in 2017. Mizuno is HUGE !!!!

Ping G410  10.5 Project X Evenflow 5.5

Ping G425 5 wood
Ping Anser 20* Hybrid

Srixon ZX5's  5-PW

Ping Glide 3.0  50*
Ping Glide
 54 & 58*ES

Bettinardi Queen B 6

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @ronnbee said:

> > @texcrom said:

> > Wilson. Always perceive them as a cheap low quality product.

>

> You are Wrong

Your opinion; you are wrong.

 

  • Like 1

WITB

 
Titleist TSi3 9.0 degree HZRDUS Smoke 70g 6.0 Stiff 
Titleist TSi3 15.0 degree HZDRUS Smoke 70g 6.0 Stiff 
Taylor Made SIM Max 19 degree Hybrid Ventus Stiff
Titleist T100 4 - 9 AMT White S-300
Titleist Vokey SM8 46-10F
Titleist Vokey SM8 52-12F
Titleist Vokey SM8 56-10S
Titleist Vokey SM8 60-10S
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport T22
Titleist ProV1X

GO VOLS!
Link to post
Share on other sites

> @lawsonman said:

 

> Larger than Mizuno!!?? Mizuno had almost 2 billion dollars worth of sales in the U.S alone back in 2017. Mizuno is HUGE !!!!

 

That is because Mizuno is equivalent to Wilson in the US. They are in every ball sport. The largest size of their profits come from non-golf sports. Baseball/softball is probably their biggest money maker.

 

As for OPs question, Titleist. Not because I don't want to, but I think they are over rated, and I can save cash and get the same results elsewhere.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

> @jbhawx said:

> > @lawsonman said:

>

> > Larger than Mizuno!!?? Mizuno had almost 2 billion dollars worth of sales in the U.S alone back in 2017. Mizuno is HUGE !!!!

>

> That is because Mizuno is equivalent to Wilson in the US. They are in every ball sport. The largest size of their profits come from non-golf sports. Baseball/softball is probably their biggest money maker.

>

 

I understant that. But Happy was trying to say Mizuno is too small of a company to invest much in left handed equipment and that's just bs.

 

 

Ping G410  10.5 Project X Evenflow 5.5

Ping G425 5 wood
Ping Anser 20* Hybrid

Srixon ZX5's  5-PW

Ping Glide 3.0  50*
Ping Glide
 54 & 58*ES

Bettinardi Queen B 6

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • Ping i59 irons - 2021 Wells Fargo Championship
      Ping i59 irons - 2021 Wells Fargo Championship
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 140 replies
    • 2021 Wells Fargo - Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       

       
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #1
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #2
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #3
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #4
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #5
       
      2021 Wells Fargo - Wednesday #1
      2021 Wells Fargo - Wednesday #2
       
       

       
       
       

       
      Bettinardi putters & covers - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Ping i59 irons - 2021 Wells Fargo Championship
      New Ping Glide Forged Pro wedge - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Behind the scenes on the PXG truck - 2021 Wells Fargo
      PXG Gen 4 0311 T & 0311 ST irons - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Jason Day testing a SIK putter with LA Golf shaft - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Scotty Cameron T2 putter - 2021 Wells Fargo
      KH Lee's Odyssey putter - - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Patrick Cantlay's Cameron T-5 - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Rory has the TM "Rors" protos in the bag - 2021 Wells Fargo
       
       
        • Like
      • 17 replies
    • 2021 Valspar Championship - discussion and links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #7
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #8
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #9
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #10
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #11
       
       
       
       
       
       
       

       
      Bettinardi putters - 2021 Valspar Championship
      Axis 1 Proto - 2021 Valspar Championship
      Jimmy Walker "testing" a LA Golf proto putter - 2021 Valspar Championship
      Scotty Cameron putter - 2021 Valspar Championship
       
      • 17 replies
    • Post in Ping 2021 Irons
      Victor has i59 in the bag this week!
        • Thanks
        • Like
    • 2021 RBC Heritage - discussions and links
      Please post any questions and comments here.
       
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #1
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #2
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #3
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #4
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #5
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #6
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #7
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #8
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #9
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #10
       

       
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #1
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #2
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #3
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #4
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #5
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #6
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #7
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #8
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #9
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #10
       
       

       
      Custom Cameron putters - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Bettinardi putter - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Robert Streb's custom stamped Vokey wedge - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Ben An's custom stamped Vokey - 2021 RBC Heritage
      • 17 replies

×
×
  • Create New...