Koepka Down 24 Lbs

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been in many locker rooms? Built more like a kicker. You must be new here... 

Well now the announcers will start calling him a "safety" instead of a "linebacker", so we have that going for us.   Also I am guessing the reason for the change is that he is burning more calories t

I don’t disagree with you basic premise about weight loss / muscle etc… it’s more the point of Brandel arguing both sides of the same argument without fully understanding either side. For example he’s

Very curious about this, I noticed at Honda and it seems a strange thing to do when it has a negative effect. Surely must have a good reason.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

I mean a photoshoot like the Body Issue probably is the only thing that makes sense, guess he he wanted abs

TM M3 - Diamana D+
TM M3 13° - Diamana D+
TM M1 3HL - Diamana D+
Miura ICL-601 18°- Crazy STP
Miura CB 57 - Monaco TX
Miura WS 53° & 59° - Monaco TX
Bettinardi Tour Stock BB1 DASS / Miura KM-005 / Nike Origin B2-01 / TM Kia Ma Daytona / Yes Callie Fc

For most people, the goal of building muscle vs losing fat are opposing goals from a biological perspective.  Generally speaking, if you want to lose fat, you will also lose some muscle -- and if you want to build muscle, you will also gain fat.  There are exceptions, especially if  you throw steroids into the mix, but it's true for most relatively fit people.

If one wants to build muscle and lose fat, they generally need to do it in a two phase process -- a "cut" followed by a "bulk".  During a "cut", the goal is to lose weight, but maintain as much muscle as possible.  To do this, you need a caloric deficit and you need to work extra hard at the gym to make sure that muscle isn't lost.  During a "bulk" the idea is to build muscle while trying to minimize the amount of fat you put on.  You do this through a caloric surplus and more of a strength training focus in the gym.  Done correctly, at the end of the "bulk" phase, you would end up at the same weight you were before, but you will have more muscle and less fat.

Even if he is posing for the ESPN Body Issue, it's possible that he timed his cut to accommodate the photo shoot, but once he starts to "bulk" again, he very well could get back to his previous weight being a lot leaner and stronger.

Of course this is all speculation, but he has access to some of the world's best fitness and nutrition experts, so I would not be surprised if everything he's done is done with their advice/blessing.

• Like 1

It's Wednesday now, any word on what was up with BK?

Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist T100 4-PW Stiff Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

Holy Moses wrote:

Someone jokingly said a swimsuit calendar (ESPN The Body?), but could that really be it?

It’s so crazy that there’s like a 99% chance it’s true.

I actually don’t think it is crazy at all. He certainly is one of the fittest guys on tour and a multiple major winner. Why wouldn’t they ask him?

He was in great shape before. Why would he be asked or want to lose 24 lbs for a photo shoot? Not saying that’s not what this is about, but change your already good body in the leadup to Augusta and the busy spring golf season for a photo shoot? Weird if true.

Edit: In my earlier post I meant “naked photo shoot” for something like ESPN The Body, not a calendar.He was strong, but not in great shape.  Not in bad shape but he is by no means.."ripped". 

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 UST Proforce V2 8F5
Taylormade Gapr low 2 
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Holy Moses wrote:

Someone jokingly said a swimsuit calendar (ESPN The Body?), but could that really be it?

It’s so crazy that there’s like a 99% chance it’s true.

I actually don’t think it is crazy at all. He certainly is one of the fittest guys on tour and a multiple major winner. Why wouldn’t they ask him?

He was in great shape before. Why would he be asked or want to lose 24 lbs for a photo shoot? Not saying that’s not what this is about, but change your already good body in the leadup to Augusta and the busy spring golf season for a photo shoot? Weird if true.

Edit: In my earlier post I meant “naked photo shoot

Taylormade Gapr low 2 

So he reveled it’s for an Epsn photo shoot, risky move, dumb before master having lost 12 yards off his drives 

Just when I was really starting to like him.  What a moron.

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
TM R7 TP 3i Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

Well, Brooks has been wondering why he hasn’t been getting media attention. He’s come out of his shell lately. Good for him. 

Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G400 Crossover 19* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 80S)
Ping i20 3-UW (PXi 6.0, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Guy at my club went from 250 to 180, cost him a lot of yardage, nearly 30 yards off the tee.  There's a right way and wrong way to cut weight, if the cut is costing Koepka distance, he didn't do it the right way.  

Driver - Home Callaway Epic Flash   Away Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 
Woods - XXIO 10 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-SW   Away - Callaway Apex CF-19 5-SW
Wedge - PXG 58* 
Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB

PZero said:
So he reveled it’s for an Epsn photo shoot, risky move, dumb before master having lost 12 yards off his drives 
wtf? So strange.

He may be getting advice that he needs more name recognition to be a more valuable brand.  Yes, what I typed sounds and is a bit silly, but, if you imagine a non-golf PR team saying it, it sounds plausible.  That kind of advice ignores the fact that even the best golfers don't typically have the name recognition of players from the big four sports in the U.S. (and even that is weighted heavily towards football and basketball players).  Even non-sports fan have heard of Tom Brady, but, to paraphrase Roger Maris, "Who the f--k is Brooks Koepka?"

All that said, I seriously doubt the financial juice is worth the squeeze of jeopardizing a shot at a major while in his prime.

Crazy that he would try and change his body so much for a photo shoot. If he were a model, you could understand it but as a golfer, who relies on his body being able to do what he needs it to do it's madness and more than a little vain as well.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist T100 4-PW Stiff Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

“Koepka says the loss of weight — he’s down to 190 — means there isn’t as much weight going through the ball. With that, he said he’s about 10 to 12 yards shorter off the tee. 

“I don’t have as much feel,” he said. “I just feel out of sorts.””

https://www.golf.com/news/2019/03/17/brooks-koepka-intentionally-lost-24-pounds/

I’m only seeing 6 yards of driving distance loss compared to last year. But that dropped his strokes gained significantly. Why, Brooks?

Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G400 Crossover 19* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 80S)
Ping i20 3-UW (PXi 6.0, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

So Brook’s has lost 24lbs and his driving/swing is suffering, isn’t this the opposite of what the ‘so called experts’ were religiously stating about players bulking up and it impeding their driving/swing.

Yet more proof they’re talking about topics above their pay-grade.

“Koepka says the loss of weight — he’s down to 190 — means there isn’t as much weight going through the ball. With that, he said he’s about 10 to 12 yards shorter off the tee. 

“I don’t have as much feel,” he said. “I just feel out of sorts.””

https://www.golf.com/news/2019/03/17/brooks-koepka-intentionally-lost-24-pounds/

I’m only seeing 6 yards of driving distance loss compared to last year. But that dropped his strokes gained significantly. Why, Brooks?

Well, he's older than 26 so he can't say he's young and stupid.  That only leaves stupid.

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
TM R7 TP 3i Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

25 pounds is a lot of change in a relatively short period of time. that will throw your swing off. If maintained, I would think someone as skilled as Brooks would adjust, but in a short span yeah, you will feel different. Your body will move differently, he will have to buy smaller shifts so his guns show. etc.. all nuances to adjust to.

Taylormade Gapr low 2 

He wants to fit into some of Rory's shirts so he looks more ripped.  

I pick 14 of the following:
Ping G400
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood
Ping G 400 4 hybrid
Ping G 4-U
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58 SS
Grips NDMC +4
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer
ProV1x-mostly
ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

He's still big enough to play DB but at the moment playing LB is out of the question.  

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

i hope he gave the weight he lost to his paper thin girlfriend. she could use some meat on dem bones. 

SIM / 9* (set 1 tick higher loft) / RIPx 65TX tipped 2" playing 44.25" Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2" SIM Max 3H / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now) Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"