(UPDATED) ANNOUNCEMENT: New Forum Software and what to expect. Old layout will be back soon.

> @nsxguy said:

> > @Hateto3Putt said:

> > I'm looking for the "Replies to my posts" button.

> >

> > As an analog guy in a digital world, I'm hoping to just survive the change.!

> >

> > Trying to add photo now....

> > [](https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/editor/b3/nspv3mx0lwry.jpg "")

> >

>

> Don't recall one like that on the old board but here's a couple of ideas.

>

>

It was one of the features I used most often on the old site. The label on the button was not accurate...it as a list of all threads that you’ve posted in, that had activity since the last time you read it. Reading the thread would make it disappear from the list, until someone else posted in that thread.

The one thing I still see is, at least on my phone, if I start to leave a comment and change my mind I can’t see how to delete it, and no matter what I try (like delete text I entered), the text remains when I refresh the page or leave and return

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

> @wmblake2000 said:

> The one thing I still see is, at least on my phone, if I start to leave a comment and change my mind I can’t see how to delete it, and no matter what I try (like delete text I entered), the text remains when I refresh the page or leave and return

@wmblake2000 If you scroll down to the bottom of a page you should see a list of options. One should say My Drafts. Click on that, then click on the x in the right corner to delete it. Comment drafts auto save now.

88ihcsyrvrvl.jpg

Contents of bag subject to change...frequently 

> @nsxguy said:

> > @EricWGolf said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > @Hateto3Putt said:

> > > > I'm looking for the "Replies to my posts" button.

> > > >

> > > > As an analog guy in a digital world, I'm hoping to just survive the change.!

> > > >

> > > > Trying to add photo now....

> > > > [](https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/editor/b3/nspv3mx0lwry.jpg "")

> > > >

> > >

> > > Don't recall one like that on the old board but here's a couple of ideas.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > There was definitely a “Replies to My Posts” option on the New Content drop down menu on the header.

> >

> > c44qcck2f3hn.jpeg

> >

>

> Excellent. Don't recall seeing that one before. I'd "customized" my default view to mirror that.

>

> Yes, that would be a great one to have.

That's the one! Thanks all for the replies, I thought I was going (more) nuts!

X________________________________ Sign Here

Wondering the timeline on 2 things that without, still make this site broken:

1) Ability to close BST. Unless I am missing it (somebody please point how) I still can't close my open ad. This is preventing me from selling other items according to the rules.

2) The "My Content" ability still gone. If I comment on something now I either have to bookmark it or wade through all threads until I find it. Is bookmarking replacing My Content?

• Like 1

As someone that has worked in IT for 20 years thanks for all of your hard work on this upgrade. There are new features and an overall much more modern look and feel. There are many people that don't want anything to change and will complain no matter what you do. What would the feedback be if the old site had a major issue and was down for and extended period. GolfWRX gives the users a FREE place to interact with others in the golfing community and gets abused for trying to make things better.

My advice would be to not "hack" together too much to make the new site look exactly like the old site. There are only so many things that can be done within the bounds of the software that makes sense. Every "hack" to make something look like a legacy system will be problematic during system upgrades and can make daily maintenance more difficult.

Again thanks for all of your hard work getting the new site up and running. There are always very challenging weeks before going to production and the first couple weeks can be hell. As the bugs are worked out and users get used to the new interface things will get better quickly. Best of luck.

• Like 2

> @Ereim said:

> (I'm on mobile).

>

> When looking at a very long thread, there used to be a button to jump to the very last page or very first page... the arrows now only jump one page at a time.

Yes, double arrow should go to first or last page. A single arrow should be added for previous or next page.

> @CircleC29 said:

> > @wmblake2000 said:

> > The one thing I still see is, at least on my phone, if I start to leave a comment and change my mind I can’t see how to delete it, and no matter what I try (like delete text I entered), the text remains when I refresh the page or leave and return

>

> @wmblake2000 If you scroll down to the bottom of a page you should see a list of options. One should say My Drafts. Click on that, then click on the x in the right corner to delete it. Comment drafts auto save now.

>

>

> 88ihcsyrvrvl.jpg

>

Thx!

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> Wondering the timeline on 2 things that without, still make this site broken:

> 1) Ability to close BST. Unless I am missing it (somebody please point how) I still can't close my open ad. This is preventing me from selling other items according to the rules.

>

> 2) The "My Content" ability still gone. If I comment on something now I either have to bookmark it or wade through all threads until I find it. Is bookmarking replacing My Content?

These two issues are close to the top of our list for the dev team. Thanks for posting.

> @Ereim said:

> (I'm on mobile).

>

> When looking at a very long thread, there used to be a button to jump to the very last page or very first page... the arrows now only jump one page at a time.

> @Ereim said:

> (I'm on mobile).

>

Agreed and hopefully we will have this fixed soon.

• Like 1

> @easyyy said:

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > Wondering the timeline on 2 things that without, still make this site broken:

> > 1) Ability to close BST. Unless I am missing it (somebody please point how) I still can't close my open ad. This is preventing me from selling other items according to the rules.

> >

> > 2) The "My Content" ability still gone. If I comment on something now I either have to bookmark it or wade through all threads until I find it. Is bookmarking replacing My Content?

>

> These two issues are close to the top of our list for the dev team. Thanks for posting.

>

Yes, I see the current workaround for BST issue. No doubt you'll have the "real" function of closing ads back up soon. We all know you're working hard to resolve the issues.

One thing I really like is the ease of uploading pictures. I know other users have said this, but I just uploaded some pictures, and it is so much easier than before. For a site populated by club 'hos dying to show off their latest purchases, this a good thing.

One question: I noticed your language filters have been beefed up to block naughty words. Is this temporary or permanent? The reason I ask is because I was reading one thread about, IIRC, refurbishing old persimmons. Anyway, the poster was talking about removing from the soleplate those things that look a bit like nails except they have threads and have to be twisted in the hole. The filter blocked that word (begins with an "s" and is followed by crew. Seemed a bit odd to block that word on a site about golf clubs, as many clubs contain them.

> @"No Catchy Nickname" said:

> One thing I really like is the ease of uploading pictures. I know other users have said this, but I just uploaded some pictures, and it is so much easier than before. For a site populated by club 'hos dying to show off their latest purchases, this a good thing.

>

> One question: I noticed your language filters have been beefed up to block naughty words. Is this temporary or permanent? The reason I ask is because I was reading one thread about, IIRC, refurbishing old persimmons. Anyway, the poster was talking about removing from the soleplate those things that look a bit like nails except they have threads and have to be twisted in the hole. The filter blocked that word (begins with an "s" and is followed by crew. Seemed a bit odd to block that word on a site about golf clubs, as many clubs contain them.

Especially considering TM's offering of Woods this year :p

> @"No Catchy Nickname" said:

> One thing I really like is the ease of uploading pictures. I know other users have said this, but I just uploaded some pictures, and it is so much easier than before. For a site populated by club 'hos dying to show off their latest purchases, this a good thing.

>

> One question: I noticed your language filters have been beefed up to block naughty words. Is this temporary or permanent? The reason I ask is because I was reading one thread about, IIRC, refurbishing old persimmons. Anyway, the poster was talking about removing from the soleplate those things that look a bit like nails except they have threads and have to be twisted in the hole. The filter blocked that word (begins with an "s" and is followed by crew. Seemed a bit odd to block that word on a site about golf clubs, as many clubs contain them.

I had the same issue with the same word :) However the word threaded vs. screwed worked fine.

Like many, many others, I would be stoked if y'all prioritized fixing the layout and color scheme before tackling all of the other bells and whistles. We've got to read this thing after all - and many of us have old(er) eyes. It is increasingly difficult come back day after day to this wasteland of muddled text and stark whiteness. I just want to read and write about golf. Is that too much to ask?

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

I would strongly recommend a punch list on the OP of this thread, that way new visitors to it can see progress and bugs squashed. Only MAJOR stuff though. I'm sure you've got a list somewhere that could be parsed and shared with the community. That way bug reports should go down overall or let people reference issues. Great work so far!

• Like 1

> @Evolved said:

> Can we please separate the BST items from "recent discussions"?

Can I get some kind of an answer to this?

I'll need to change the way I use this site if this is the new norm. It really adds a lot of clutter to the other topics. I feel that BST should be separate from the rest of the discussion on here.

> @English13 said:

> Thanks for all you have done so far i have no doubt that all will be perfect soon and the changes will cement Golf WRX as the best golf forum bar none... My only problem is the App for my apple phone does not work at all, is there something i am not doing or is it in the process of being fixed.....

app is dead, has been for a while. mobile site is the only option now.

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> Wondering the timeline on 2 things that without, still make this site broken:

> 1) Ability to close BST. Unless I am missing it (somebody please point how) I still can't close my open ad. This is preventing me from selling other items according to the rules.

>

> 2) The "My Content" ability still gone. If I comment on something now I either have to bookmark it or wade through all threads until I find it. Is bookmarking replacing My Content?

Already answered. Disregard.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

> @HitEmTrue said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @Hateto3Putt said:

> > > I'm looking for the "Replies to my posts" button.

> > >

> > > As an analog guy in a digital world, I'm hoping to just survive the change.!

> > >

> > > Trying to add photo now....

> > > [](https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/editor/b3/nspv3mx0lwry.jpg "")

> > >

> >

> > Don't recall one like that on the old board but here's a couple of ideas.

> >

> >

>

> It was one of the features I used most often on the old site. The label on the button was not accurate...it as a list of all threads that you’ve posted in, that had activity since the last time you read it. Reading the thread would make it disappear from the list, until someone else posted in that thread.

Interesting. So if there were NO new replies it didn't show ?

If so, that's not quite the same as having a listing of all the posts you've participated in (as I listed in my mock up). i.e. You may have POSTED in a thread but it no one quoted you it wouldn't show up in the "Replies to my posts" result. Is that correct ?

I prefer the way I had it set up but I don't suppose there's a big difference.

Titleist Pro V1X

> @nsxguy said:

> > @HitEmTrue said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > @Hateto3Putt said:

> > > > I'm looking for the "Replies to my posts" button.

> > > >

> > > > As an analog guy in a digital world, I'm hoping to just survive the change.!

> > > >

> > > > Trying to add photo now....

> > > > [](https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/editor/b3/nspv3mx0lwry.jpg "")

> > > >

> > >

> > > Don't recall one like that on the old board but here's a couple of ideas.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It was one of the features I used most often on the old site. The label on the button was not accurate...it as a list of all threads that you’ve posted in, that had activity since the last time you read it. Reading the thread would make it disappear from the list, until someone else posted in that thread.

>

> Let me ask you guys something (I'd forgotten before).

>

> On the old board, when you clicked on the "Replies to my posts", did it bring you to replies ONLY if someone QUOTED YOU ?

>

> If so, that's not the same as having a listing of all the posts you've participated in (as I listed in my mock up). i.e. You may have POSTED in a thread but it no one quoted you it wouldn't show up in the "Replies to my posts" result. Is that correct ?

Pretty sure that it brought up a list of all topics that you participated in.

But, without having the old site to reference, I can't be certain.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

> @jholz said:

> Like many, many others, I would be stoked if y'all prioritized fixing the layout and color scheme before tackling all of the other bells and whistles. We've got to read this thing after all - and many of us have old(er) eyes. It is increasingly difficult come back day after day to this wasteland of muddled text and stark whiteness. I just want to read and write about golf. Is that too much to ask?

With all due respect, with an IT "project" (upgrade) like this, useability, fixing bugs and features trumps visibility.

It might help a little if you dimmed your screen by turning down the brightness. Some computers have contrast control as well.

Titleist Pro V1X

You're each half right.

The "replies to my posts" link brought up all topics you had participated in, regardless of whether someone quoted you or not, and you could set it to display based on age. IIRC the options were: since last visit, 24 hours, two days, one week, two weeks, one month, all.

If you set it to two days, a topic in which you participated that had no activity within >2 days was gone, a topic without activity within <2 days was visible as regular text, and a topic with activity within <2 days was visible as bold text. Click on the star to resume reading where you last viewed the topic.

It was pretty much perfect, and that was what I had bookmarked for golfwrx. I.e., it was where I started browsing the site 99% of the time.

> @lopey986 said:

> > @English13 said:

> > Thanks for all you have done so far i have no doubt that all will be perfect soon and the changes will cement Golf WRX as the best golf forum bar none... My only problem is the App for my apple phone does not work at all, is there something i am not doing or is it in the process of being fixed.....

>

> app is dead, has been for a while. mobile site is the only option now.

Well that's great, hope it will be fixed as i only have limited data allowance and the amount of time i spend on here i will use my months allowance in a couple of days.......

> @English13 said:

> > @lopey986 said:

> > > @English13 said:

> > > Thanks for all you have done so far i have no doubt that all will be perfect soon and the changes will cement Golf WRX as the best golf forum bar none... My only problem is the App for my apple phone does not work at all, is there something i am not doing or is it in the process of being fixed.....

> >

> > app is dead, has been for a while. mobile site is the only option now.

>

> Well that's great, hope it will be fixed as i only have limited data allowance and the amount of time i spend on here i will use my months allowance in a couple of days.......

They haven't supported the app for years. I doubt it is there priority. Maybe it is something they will come back with. But, I think their priority is the website itself.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS