(UPDATED) ANNOUNCEMENT: New Forum Software and what to expect. Old layout will be back soon.

Just want to say thanks to Richard and the crew for all of the changes and updates they've done this past week. Site is really starting to come together.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

> @jmck said:

> You're each half right.

>

> The "replies to my posts" link brought up all topics you had participated in, regardless of whether someone quoted you or not, and you could set it to display based on age. IIRC the options were: since last visit, 24 hours, two days, one week, two weeks, one month, all.

>

> If you set it to two days, a topic in which you participated that had no activity within >2 days was gone, a topic without activity within <2 days was visible as regular text, and a topic with activity within <2 days was visible as bold text. Click on the star to resume reading where you last viewed the topic.

>

> It was pretty much perfect, and that was what I had bookmarked for golfwrx. I.e., it was where I started browsing the site 99% of the time.

Well, since I didn't use the drop down I guess I can't totally disagree with you but the drop down could only be a "link". I don't think the "options" you're referring to could "change" the drop down. The drop down, AFAIK, couldn't be "customized". It is simply a "search" of distinct items that could not be controlled by the user.

But the "options" you're referring to were to the LEFT of the page(s). I used THOSE options. Once you get the options the way you want them (and you would see there was a URL created by any of your customization), you would bookmark THAT URL and use that as your "go to" page.

5846qb7hffqh.png

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

> @nsxguy said:

> > @jholz said:

> > Like many, many others, I would be stoked if y'all prioritized fixing the layout and color scheme before tackling all of the other bells and whistles. We've got to read this thing after all - and many of us have old(er) eyes. It is increasingly difficult come back day after day to this wasteland of muddled text and stark whiteness. I just want to read and write about golf. Is that too much to ask?

>

> With all due respect, with an IT "project" (upgrade) like this, useability, fixing bugs and features trumps visibility.

>

> It might help a little if you dimmed your screen by turning down the brightness. Some computers have contrast control as well.

With all due respect as well, and with recognition that this is an "age old" point of contention in the confluence of IT and Society that isn't going to be solved in a golf forum, this statement is spoken like a true IT person.

Who cares if people like it or want to use it! We are solving problems that you don't have, aren't aware of, and could never truly understand anyway. Just be patient, keep your opinions to yourself, and let us create MAGIC for you.

I swear, if we accepted the philosophy and process of design/development utilized in IT in say... _aviation_ just off the top of my head, planes would be falling from the sky...oh wait.

• Like 1

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

> @English13 said:

> > @lopey986 said:

> > > @English13 said:

> > > Thanks for all you have done so far i have no doubt that all will be perfect soon and the changes will cement Golf WRX as the best golf forum bar none... My only problem is the App for my apple phone does not work at all, is there something i am not doing or is it in the process of being fixed.....

> >

> > app is dead, has been for a while. mobile site is the only option now.

>

> Well that's great, hope it will be fixed as i only have limited data allowance and the amount of time i spend on here i will use my months allowance in a couple of days.......

data usage is the same whether it's in an app or using a mobile page...the app is just a wrapper. so, nothing should change regarding your data usage?

Will definitely take some getting used to and I know it is far from done. Mixed so far if I like it.

TM Sim2 w/ Tensei CK White

TM Sim2 Titanium 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
TM Sim2 3h w/ AXIVCore Green
TM P790 4i w/ HZRDUS Smoke
TM P7MC 5 - 8 w/ Project X LZ

TM P7MB 9 - PW w/ Project X LZ
TM MG 50 and 55 w/ Project X LZ

TM MG Hi-Toe 60 w/ Project X LZ
TM TP Balboa
TM TP5x Yellow

> @jholz said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @jholz said:

> > > Like many, many others, I would be stoked if y'all prioritized fixing the layout and color scheme before tackling all of the other bells and whistles. We've got to read this thing after all - and many of us have old(er) eyes. It is increasingly difficult come back day after day to this wasteland of muddled text and stark whiteness. I just want to read and write about golf. Is that too much to ask?

> >

> > With all due respect, with an IT "project" (upgrade) like this, useability, fixing bugs and features trumps visibility.

> >

> > It might help a little if you dimmed your screen by turning down the brightness. Some computers have contrast control as well.

>

> With all due respect as well, and with recognition that this is an "age old" point of contention in the confluence of IT and Society that isn't going to be solved in a golf forum, this statement is spoken like a true IT person.

>

> Who cares if people like it or want to use it! We are solving problems that you don't have, aren't aware of, and could never truly understand anyway. Just be patient, keep your opinions to yourself, and let us create MAGIC for you.

>

> I swear, if we accepted the philosophy and process of design/development utilized in IT in say... _aviation_ just off the top of my head, planes would be falling from the sky...oh wait.

>

>

>

Thank you. I AM an IT person.

And actually, this isn't really "design" or "development". THAT ship has sailed.

And they quite OBVIOUSLY care about the people like it and want to use it. That is PATENTLY OBVIOUS.

But this is about putting out fires and when one has to put out a fire one PRIORITIZES. I'm sorry you've got a paper cut but there are people on fire !!!

THAT is what the guys are doing and from what I can see, doing it fairly well.

And BTW, YOU yourself "accept the philosophy and process of design/development utilized in IT". Like when you have to decide between going to the bathroom right now or finishing the last of your morning coffee first. ?

Now GET OFF MY LAWN !!! ? ? ?

![](http://www.vendoralley.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/9rYVxqH-300x225.jpg "")

• Like 2

Titleist Pro V1X

I'm certainly enjoying many of the updates that have come out and thank you all for the amount of effort that has been put in so far. I know that things like this are never an easy undertaking and will never go as smoothly as hoped. Still one of the reasons I was happy to be a supporter with the yearly payment. Not sure if that's still something that is happening, as I don't really see it anywhere, but would be good to know, regardless.

The main issues that I was having as far as functionality seem to have been taken care of outside of the jumping to the first and last pages with arrows like was possible before, but that was also addressed by @easyyy so I will sit tight for the time being.

> @MidwestGolfBum said:

> I'm certainly enjoying many of the updates that have come out and thank you all for the amount of effort that has been put in so far. I know that things like this are never an easy undertaking and will never go as smoothly as hoped. Still one of the reasons I was happy to be a supporter with the yearly payment. Not sure if that's still something that is happening, as I don't really see it anywhere, but would be good to know, regardless.

>

> The main issues that I was having as far as functionality seem to have been taken care of outside of the jumping to the first and last pages with arrows like was possible before, but that was also addressed by @easyyy so I will sit tight for the time being.

Yes. Club WRX is in the background and will be activated as soon as we cleaned it up a bit.

> @easyyy said:

> > @MidwestGolfBum said:

> > I'm certainly enjoying many of the updates that have come out and thank you all for the amount of effort that has been put in so far. I know that things like this are never an easy undertaking and will never go as smoothly as hoped. Still one of the reasons I was happy to be a supporter with the yearly payment. Not sure if that's still something that is happening, as I don't really see it anywhere, but would be good to know, regardless.

> >

> > The main issues that I was having as far as functionality seem to have been taken care of outside of the jumping to the first and last pages with arrows like was possible before, but that was also addressed by @easyyy so I will sit tight for the time being.

>

> Yes. Club WRX is in the background and will be activated as soon as we cleaned it up a bit.

Thanks for the update! Just didn't see it and figured this was the place and you were the person to ask.

• Like 1

> @nsxguy said:

> > @jholz said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > @jholz said:

> > > > Like many, many others, I would be stoked if y'all prioritized fixing the layout and color scheme before tackling all of the other bells and whistles. We've got to read this thing after all - and many of us have old(er) eyes. It is increasingly difficult come back day after day to this wasteland of muddled text and stark whiteness. I just want to read and write about golf. Is that too much to ask?

> > >

> > > With all due respect, with an IT "project" (upgrade) like this, useability, fixing bugs and features trumps visibility.

> > >

> > > It might help a little if you dimmed your screen by turning down the brightness. Some computers have contrast control as well.

> >

> > With all due respect as well, and with recognition that this is an "age old" point of contention in the confluence of IT and Society that isn't going to be solved in a golf forum, this statement is spoken like a true IT person.

> >

> > Who cares if people like it or want to use it! We are solving problems that you don't have, aren't aware of, and could never truly understand anyway. Just be patient, keep your opinions to yourself, and let us create MAGIC for you.

> >

> > I swear, if we accepted the philosophy and process of design/development utilized in IT in say... _aviation_ just off the top of my head, planes would be falling from the sky...oh wait.

> >

> >

> >

>

> Thank you. I AM an IT person.

>

> And actually, this isn't really "design" or "development". THAT ship has sailed.

>

> And they quite OBVIOUSLY care about the people like it and want to use it. That is PATENTLY OBVIOUS.

>

> But this is about putting out fires and when one has to put out a fire one PRIORITIZES. I'm sorry you've got a paper cut but there are people on fire !!!

>

> THAT is what the guys are doing and from what I can see, doing it fairly well.

>

> And BTW, YOU yourself "accept the philosophy and process of design/development utilized in IT". Like when you have to decide between going to the bathroom right now or finishing the last of your morning coffee first. ?

>

> Now GET OFF MY LAWN !!! ? ? ?

>

> ![](http://www.vendoralley.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/9rYVxqH-300x225.jpg "")

>

You make some reasonable points certainly. I understand that my perspective is limited as a lay person, and I will never truly understand all of the nuances and intricacies of IT work. Beyond this, I can also appreciate that my complaints about my personal experience on the website are a low priority. Fair enough.

So, I've accepted some of your points. Try on some of mine...

Your response here is interesting. Did you happen to notice that in your rush to fill your post with geegaws, ALL CAPS, and emojis, you happened to make a very basic error in your syntax in this sentence?:

_And they quite OBVIOUSLY care **about the people like it** and want to use it._

Hmm...I've been an English speaker all my life, and I don't know what "about the people like it" means. I guess I just have to figure it out on my own. Give you the benefit of the doubt and guess at your intended meaning. Sounds like a pretty arrogant attitude to me.

See dude, in your rush to be all fancy, you messed up your code. Aren't little errors and omissions like that ultimately responsible for the buggy, twitchy world of IT that we now enjoy? Isn't that error, and your post in general, an example of the IT mentality that I am talking about here?

But whatever, we will just amuse ourselves with Candy Crush while the Wizard of Oz tinkers behind the curtain...

or
or

> @nsxguy said:

> > @HitEmTrue said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > @Hateto3Putt said:

> > > > I'm looking for the "Replies to my posts" button.

> > > >

> > > > As an analog guy in a digital world, I'm hoping to just survive the change.!

> > > >

> > > > Trying to add photo now....

> > > > [](https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/editor/b3/nspv3mx0lwry.jpg "")

> > > >

> > >

> > > Don't recall one like that on the old board but here's a couple of ideas.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It was one of the features I used most often on the old site. The label on the button was not accurate...it as a list of all threads that you’ve posted in, that had activity since the last time you read it. Reading the thread would make it disappear from the list, until someone else posted in that thread.

>

> Interesting. So if there were NO new replies it didn't show ?

>

> If so, that's not quite the same as having a listing of all the posts you've participated in (as I listed in my mock up). i.e. You may have POSTED in a thread but it no one quoted you it wouldn't show up in the "Replies to my posts" result. Is that correct ?

>

> I prefer the way I had it set up but I don't suppose there's a big difference.

Correct. It would be a very small list, and if I actually went and read every thread on the list, nothing we be left in the list....until someone posted again. Typically there would be an thread or two showing in the list that I didn’t care about any more.

Very handy feature.

> @MidwestGolfBum said:

> > @easyyy said:

> > > @MidwestGolfBum said:

> > > I'm certainly enjoying many of the updates that have come out and thank you all for the amount of effort that has been put in so far. I know that things like this are never an easy undertaking and will never go as smoothly as hoped. Still one of the reasons I was happy to be a supporter with the yearly payment. Not sure if that's still something that is happening, as I don't really see it anywhere, but would be good to know, regardless.

> > >

> > > The main issues that I was having as far as functionality seem to have been taken care of outside of the jumping to the first and last pages with arrows like was possible before, but that was also addressed by @easyyy so I will sit tight for the time being.

> >

> > Yes. Club WRX is in the background and will be activated as soon as we cleaned it up a bit.

>

> Thanks for the update! Just didn't see it and figured this was the place and you were the person to ask.

It is the right place! Thanks for being patient as well.

• Like 1

> @jholz said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @jholz said:

> > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > @jholz said:

> > > > > Like many, many others, I would be stoked if y'all prioritized fixing the layout and color scheme before tackling all of the other bells and whistles. We've got to read this thing after all - and many of us have old(er) eyes. It is increasingly difficult come back day after day to this wasteland of muddled text and stark whiteness. I just want to read and write about golf. Is that too much to ask?

> > > >

> > > > With all due respect, with an IT "project" (upgrade) like this, useability, fixing bugs and features trumps visibility.

> > > >

> > > > It might help a little if you dimmed your screen by turning down the brightness. Some computers have contrast control as well.

> > >

> > > With all due respect as well, and with recognition that this is an "age old" point of contention in the confluence of IT and Society that isn't going to be solved in a golf forum, this statement is spoken like a true IT person.

> > >

> > > Who cares if people like it or want to use it! We are solving problems that you don't have, aren't aware of, and could never truly understand anyway. Just be patient, keep your opinions to yourself, and let us create MAGIC for you.

> > >

> > > I swear, if we accepted the philosophy and process of design/development utilized in IT in say... _aviation_ just off the top of my head, planes would be falling from the sky...oh wait.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Thank you. I AM an IT person.

> >

> > And actually, this isn't really "design" or "development". THAT ship has sailed.

> >

> > And they quite OBVIOUSLY care about the people like it and want to use it. That is PATENTLY OBVIOUS.

> >

> > But this is about putting out fires and when one has to put out a fire one PRIORITIZES. I'm sorry you've got a paper cut but there are people on fire !!!

> >

> > THAT is what the guys are doing and from what I can see, doing it fairly well.

> >

> > And BTW, YOU yourself "accept the philosophy and process of design/development utilized in IT". Like when you have to decide between going to the bathroom right now or finishing the last of your morning coffee first. ?

> >

> > Now GET OFF MY LAWN !!! ? ? ?

> >

> > ![](http://www.vendoralley.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/9rYVxqH-300x225.jpg "")

> >

>

> You make some reasonable points certainly. I understand that my perspective is limited as a lay person, and I will never truly understand all of the nuances and intricacies of IT work. Beyond this, I can also appreciate that my complaints about my personal experience on the website are a low priority. Fair enough.

>

> So, I've accepted some of your points. Try on some of mine...

>

> Your response here is interesting. Did you happen to notice that in your rush to fill your post with geegaws, ALL CAPS, and emojis, you happened to make a very basic error in your syntax in this sentence?:

>

> _And they quite OBVIOUSLY care **about the people like it** and want to use it._

>

> Hmm...I've been an English speaker all my life, and I don't know what "about the people like it" means. I guess I just have to figure it out on my own. Give you the benefit of the doubt and guess at your intended meaning. Sounds like a pretty arrogant attitude to me.

>

> See dude, in your rush to be all fancy, you messed up your code. Aren't little errors and omissions like that ultimately responsible for the buggy, twitchy world of IT that we now enjoy? Isn't that error, and your post in general, an example of the IT mentality that I am talking about here?

>

> But whatever, we will just amuse ourselves with Candy Crush while the Wizard of Oz tinkers behind the curtain...

>

There is a balance of what can be accomplished with no inconvenience and unrealistic expectations. Any major platform change will bring with it an endless stream of complaints. For one, people don't like change. That has been proven time and time again. I also work in the IT realm and have learned first hand that people will complain about darn near anything if given the opportunity to do so. I don't know what explanation you feel you are owed by the site owners. They have already laid out their reasoning behind the change. They are not obligated to gain your approval before or after a change. They are not the Wizard, and you sir, are not Dorothy.

The day and age we live in will have you interfacing with technology every day in some form or fashion. Some of the largest services/companies that you interface with will have the financial resources available to make changes with as little user impact as possible. We are talking about a golf community here managed by a handful of employees and volunteers. This is not Verizon, Apple, Twitter, etc... It is a community. They have provided us with a platform to nerd out about golf for how many years now. I think maybe they are owed a little leeway while they try to improve their product. They are doing what they can for the community by tailoring the new platform to meet community expectations.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

> @radiman said:

> > @jholz said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > @jholz said:

> > > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > @jholz said:

> > > > > > Like many, many others, I would be stoked if y'all prioritized fixing the layout and color scheme before tackling all of the other bells and whistles. We've got to read this thing after all - and many of us have old(er) eyes. It is increasingly difficult come back day after day to this wasteland of muddled text and stark whiteness. I just want to read and write about golf. Is that too much to ask?

> > > > >

> > > > > With all due respect, with an IT "project" (upgrade) like this, useability, fixing bugs and features trumps visibility.

> > > > >

> > > > > It might help a little if you dimmed your screen by turning down the brightness. Some computers have contrast control as well.

> > > >

> > > > With all due respect as well, and with recognition that this is an "age old" point of contention in the confluence of IT and Society that isn't going to be solved in a golf forum, this statement is spoken like a true IT person.

> > > >

> > > > Who cares if people like it or want to use it! We are solving problems that you don't have, aren't aware of, and could never truly understand anyway. Just be patient, keep your opinions to yourself, and let us create MAGIC for you.

> > > >

> > > > I swear, if we accepted the philosophy and process of design/development utilized in IT in say... _aviation_ just off the top of my head, planes would be falling from the sky...oh wait.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Thank you. I AM an IT person.

> > >

> > > And actually, this isn't really "design" or "development". THAT ship has sailed.

> > >

> > > And they quite OBVIOUSLY care about the people like it and want to use it. That is PATENTLY OBVIOUS.

> > >

> > > But this is about putting out fires and when one has to put out a fire one PRIORITIZES. I'm sorry you've got a paper cut but there are people on fire !!!

> > >

> > > THAT is what the guys are doing and from what I can see, doing it fairly well.

> > >

> > > And BTW, YOU yourself "accept the philosophy and process of design/development utilized in IT". Like when you have to decide between going to the bathroom right now or finishing the last of your morning coffee first. ?

> > >

> > > Now GET OFF MY LAWN !!! ? ? ?

> > >

> > > ![](http://www.vendoralley.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/9rYVxqH-300x225.jpg "")

> > >

> >

> > You make some reasonable points certainly. I understand that my perspective is limited as a lay person, and I will never truly understand all of the nuances and intricacies of IT work. Beyond this, I can also appreciate that my complaints about my personal experience on the website are a low priority. Fair enough.

> >

> > So, I've accepted some of your points. Try on some of mine...

> >

> > Your response here is interesting. Did you happen to notice that in your rush to fill your post with geegaws, ALL CAPS, and emojis, you happened to make a very basic error in your syntax in this sentence?:

> >

> > _And they quite OBVIOUSLY care **about the people like it** and want to use it._

> >

> > Hmm...I've been an English speaker all my life, and I don't know what "about the people like it" means. I guess I just have to figure it out on my own. Give you the benefit of the doubt and guess at your intended meaning. Sounds like a pretty arrogant attitude to me.

> >

> > See dude, in your rush to be all fancy, you messed up your code. Aren't little errors and omissions like that ultimately responsible for the buggy, twitchy world of IT that we now enjoy? Isn't that error, and your post in general, an example of the IT mentality that I am talking about here?

> >

> > But whatever, we will just amuse ourselves with Candy Crush while the Wizard of Oz tinkers behind the curtain...

> >

>

> There is a balance of what can be accomplished with no inconvenience and unrealistic expectations. Any major platform change will bring with it an endless stream of complaints. For one, people don't like change. That has been proven time and time again. I also work in the IT realm and have learned first hand that people will complain about darn near anything if given the opportunity to do so. I don't know what explanation you feel you are owed by the site owners. They have already laid out their reasoning behind the change. They are not obligated to gain your approval before or after a change. They are not the Wizard, and you sir, are not Dorothy.

>

> The day and age we live in will have you interfacing with technology every day in some form or fashion. Some of the largest services/companies that you interface with will have the financial resources available to make changes with as little user impact as possible. We are talking about a golf community here managed by a handful of employees and volunteers. This is not Verizon, Apple, Twitter, etc... It is a community. They have provided us with a platform to nerd out about golf for how many years now. I think maybe they are owed a little leeway while they try to improve their product. They are doing what they can for the community by tailoring the new platform to meet community expectations.>

Whoa, take it easy man. I'm getting the sense that people complaining about software rollouts is a sore subject in the IT crowd. :smile:

I'm wondering if you have taken the time to read what I have posted? From your response, it seems like you may have just read the final sentence? I don't recall personally attacking the WRX owners, moderators, or anyone else involved in this operation. I just mentioned that all of the white detrimentally impacts my experience on the site. And you know what, it's true. I can verify it for you. I do apologize if my opinion hits a nerve.

Yet, once again, instead of addressing my concerns (perhaps even reading and trying to understand my perspective) all I'm getting is more of the "you don't understand what is going on, this is really hard, and you just need to shut up" line. WTF is that?

I already acknowledged that you IT people have a point. In the future, I will try to be more sensitive to everything that I have learned in this thread to improve my relationships with the IT community.

Now that I've given you that, can you not concede a point or two? Can you not reciprocate the respect that I have afforded to your opinions and positions? That's all I'm asking for here.

Instead, you and nsxguy continue to demonstrate the contempt that you have for my perspectives with the content and tenor of your responses to my questions. All of your bones, it seems, are currently being thrown at the server or something, in hopes that it will eventually work!

or
or

> @jholz said:

> > @radiman said:

> > > @jholz said:

> > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > @jholz said:

> > > > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > > @jholz said:

> > > > > > > Like many, many others, I would be stoked if y'all prioritized fixing the layout and color scheme before tackling all of the other bells and whistles. We've got to read this thing after all - and many of us have old(er) eyes. It is increasingly difficult come back day after day to this wasteland of muddled text and stark whiteness. I just want to read and write about golf. Is that too much to ask?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > With all due respect, with an IT "project" (upgrade) like this, useability, fixing bugs and features trumps visibility.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It might help a little if you dimmed your screen by turning down the brightness. Some computers have contrast control as well.

> > > > >

> > > > > With all due respect as well, and with recognition that this is an "age old" point of contention in the confluence of IT and Society that isn't going to be solved in a golf forum, this statement is spoken like a true IT person.

> > > > >

> > > > > Who cares if people like it or want to use it! We are solving problems that you don't have, aren't aware of, and could never truly understand anyway. Just be patient, keep your opinions to yourself, and let us create MAGIC for you.

> > > > >

> > > > > I swear, if we accepted the philosophy and process of design/development utilized in IT in say... _aviation_ just off the top of my head, planes would be falling from the sky...oh wait.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Thank you. I AM an IT person.

> > > >

> > > > And actually, this isn't really "design" or "development". THAT ship has sailed.

> > > >

> > > > And they quite OBVIOUSLY care about the people like it and want to use it. That is PATENTLY OBVIOUS.

> > > >

> > > > But this is about putting out fires and when one has to put out a fire one PRIORITIZES. I'm sorry you've got a paper cut but there are people on fire !!!

> > > >

> > > > THAT is what the guys are doing and from what I can see, doing it fairly well.

> > > >

> > > > And BTW, YOU yourself "accept the philosophy and process of design/development utilized in IT". Like when you have to decide between going to the bathroom right now or finishing the last of your morning coffee first. ?

> > > >

> > > > Now GET OFF MY LAWN !!! ? ? ?

> > > >

> > > > ![](http://www.vendoralley.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/9rYVxqH-300x225.jpg "")

> > > >

> > >

> > > You make some reasonable points certainly. I understand that my perspective is limited as a lay person, and I will never truly understand all of the nuances and intricacies of IT work. Beyond this, I can also appreciate that my complaints about my personal experience on the website are a low priority. Fair enough.

> > >

> > > So, I've accepted some of your points. Try on some of mine...

> > >

> > > Your response here is interesting. Did you happen to notice that in your rush to fill your post with geegaws, ALL CAPS, and emojis, you happened to make a very basic error in your syntax in this sentence?:

> > >

> > > _And they quite OBVIOUSLY care **about the people like it** and want to use it._

> > >

> > > Hmm...I've been an English speaker all my life, and I don't know what "about the people like it" means. I guess I just have to figure it out on my own. Give you the benefit of the doubt and guess at your intended meaning. Sounds like a pretty arrogant attitude to me.

> > >

> > > See dude, in your rush to be all fancy, you messed up your code. Aren't little errors and omissions like that ultimately responsible for the buggy, twitchy world of IT that we now enjoy? Isn't that error, and your post in general, an example of the IT mentality that I am talking about here?

> > >

> > > But whatever, we will just amuse ourselves with Candy Crush while the Wizard of Oz tinkers behind the curtain...

> > >

> >

> > There is a balance of what can be accomplished with no inconvenience and unrealistic expectations. Any major platform change will bring with it an endless stream of complaints. For one, people don't like change. That has been proven time and time again. I also work in the IT realm and have learned first hand that people will complain about darn near anything if given the opportunity to do so. I don't know what explanation you feel you are owed by the site owners. They have already laid out their reasoning behind the change. They are not obligated to gain your approval before or after a change. They are not the Wizard, and you sir, are not Dorothy.

> >

> > The day and age we live in will have you interfacing with technology every day in some form or fashion. Some of the largest services/companies that you interface with will have the financial resources available to make changes with as little user impact as possible. We are talking about a golf community here managed by a handful of employees and volunteers. This is not Verizon, Apple, Twitter, etc... It is a community. They have provided us with a platform to nerd out about golf for how many years now. I think maybe they are owed a little leeway while they try to improve their product. They are doing what they can for the community by tailoring the new platform to meet community expectations.>

> Whoa, take it easy man. I'm getting the sense that people complaining about software rollouts is a sore subject in the IT crowd. :smile:

>

> I'm wondering if you have taken the time to read what I have posted? From your response, it seems like you may have just read the final sentence? I don't recall personally attacking the WRX owners, moderators, or anyone else involved in this operation. I just mentioned that all of the white detrimentally impacts my experience on the site. And you know what, it's true. I can verify it for you. I do apologize if my opinion hits a nerve.

>

> Yet, once again, instead of addressing my concerns (perhaps even reading and trying to understand my perspective) all I'm getting is more of the "you don't understand what is going on, this is really hard, and you just need to shut up" line. WTF is that?

> I already acknowledged that you IT people have a point. In the future, I will try to be more sensitive to everything that I have learned in this thread to improve my relationships with the IT community.

>

> Now that I've given you that, can you not concede a point or two? Can you not reciprocate the respect that I have afforded to your opinions and positions? That's all I'm asking for here.

>

> Instead, you and nsxguy continue to demonstrate the contempt that you have for my perspectives with the content and tenor of your responses to my questions. All of your bones, it seems, are currently being thrown at the server or something, in hopes that it will eventually work!

To be honest, without all of the quotes being presented in each reply, I didn't catch the comment about the color scheme. So, I will give you that. I was focusing in on the comment below and the conversation that transpired after:

_Who cares if people like it or want to use it! We are solving problems that you don't have, aren't aware of, and could never truly understand anyway. Just be patient, keep your opinions to yourself, and let us create MAGIC for you._

No contempt towards you or your perspective, just your snide comments regarding some preconceived notion regarding IT projects/personnel? Did an IT pro wrong you in the past or something? You seem to harbor some ill will towards the profession.

The color scheme has been brought up countless times. There are other issues that probably require more attention than that at the moment. No one has told you to shut up or anything of the like. Just urged for patience as the process plays out.

On a personal level, the current color scheme doesn't really bother me once they changed the background color.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

> @radiman said:

> > @English13 said:

> > > @lopey9

Yes 86 said:

> > > > @English13 said:

> > > > Thanks for all you have done so far i have no doubt that all will be perfect soon and the changes will cement Golf WRX as the best golf forum bar none... My only problem is the App for my apple phone does not work at all, is there something i am not doing or is it in the process of being fixed.....

> > >

> > > app is dead, has been for a while. mobile site is the only option now.

> >

> > Well that's great, hope it will be fixed as i only have limited data allowance and the amount of time i spend on here i will use my months allowance in a couple of days.......

>

> They haven't supported the app for years. I doubt it is there priority. Maybe it is something they will come back with. But, I think their priority is the website itself.

> @radiman said:

> > @English13 said:

> > > @lopey986 said:

> > > > @English13 said:

> > > > Thanks for all you have done so far i have no doubt that all will be perfect soon and the changes will cement Golf WRX as the best golf forum bar none... My only problem is the App for my apple phone does not work at all, is there something i am not doing or is it in the process of being fixed.....

> > >

> > > app is dead, has been for a while. mobile site is the only option now.

> >

> > Well that's great, hope it will be fixed as i only have limited data allowance and the amount of time i spend on here i will use my months allowance in a couple of days.......

>

> They haven't supported the app for years. I doubt it is there priority. Maybe it is something they will come back with. But, I think their priority is the website itself.

Yes, but why no app?

The world is moving away from websites and more about ease of use and digital transformation around apps. Further, we all begrudge why more people especially millennials are dropping out of the game. Millennials love apps.

> @Swisstrader98 said:

> > @radiman said:

> > > @English13 said:

> > > > @lopey9

>

> Yes 86 said:

> > > > > @English13 said:

> > > > > Thanks for all you have done so far i have no doubt that all will be perfect soon and the changes will cement Golf WRX as the best golf forum bar none... My only problem is the App for my apple phone does not work at all, is there something i am not doing or is it in the process of being fixed.....

> > > >

> > > > app is dead, has been for a while. mobile site is the only option now.

> > >

> > > Well that's great, hope it will be fixed as i only have limited data allowance and the amount of time i spend on here i will use my months allowance in a couple of days.......

> >

> > They haven't supported the app for years. I doubt it is there priority. Maybe it is something they will come back with. But, I think their priority is the website itself.

>

> > @radiman said:

> > > @English13 said:

> > > > @lopey986 said:

> > > > > @English13 said:

> > > > > Thanks for all you have done so far i have no doubt that all will be perfect soon and the changes will cement Golf WRX as the best golf forum bar none... My only problem is the App for my apple phone does not work at all, is there something i am not doing or is it in the process of being fixed.....

> > > >

> > > > app is dead, has been for a while. mobile site is the only option now.

> > >

> > > Well that's great, hope it will be fixed as i only have limited data allowance and the amount of time i spend on here i will use my months allowance in a couple of days.......

> >

> > They haven't supported the app for years. I doubt it is there priority. Maybe it is something they will come back with. But, I think their priority is the website itself.

>

> Yes, but why no app?

>

> The world is moving away from websites and more about ease of use and digital transformation around apps. Further, we all begrudge why more people especially millennials are dropping out of the game. Millennials love apps.

I'm not sure on that. I prefer the mobile version over another app myself. But, I can see why others would prefer it the other way around.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

So I’ll admit I jumped the gun with some comments as I assumed what we got was the final form (or close to it) simply due to the lack of any heads up about the changes. Not saying we are owed it (it’s free content, we’re not the owners, etc), but when you give no warning that’s exactly what to expect - people jumping the gun.

Anyway, I only read this last page here and can only assume there’s been some intense back and forth over the last 9 pages so I don’t want to beat a dead horse about color or font size/spacing (although on mobile, there’s a box for each post/comment, and the actual text is about 5% of the box, so tons of wasted space)

One suggestion I do have, and I’m sure it’s mentioned elsewhere, but maybe have a thread dedicated to a change log or an icon/link on the homepage or at the top so it’s easy to view at any time. Here I wouldn’t get too technical, but just broad categories of what’s being worked on, what’s still to come, and what’s completed. Like I said, broad categories like “user interface - mobile layout”, “profile functionality”, “search”, “background technical jargon”, etc.

Excited for what’s to come and REALLY glad that this wasn’t the final form. Totally understand the reason for the immediate migration, and like I said, my initial reaction (and most others I’m sure) was simply because we didn’t know any change was happening.

So that’s all. Best of luck on this guys and keep up the good work.

• Like 1

The punch list is getting smaller. I, like most, were frustrated with the initial interface but speed and use ability has drastically improved for me. I would say we are 80 to 90% there. Lots of work has been done and will get better as the functionality gets rolled out and familiarity with the new system.

I was given a preview to next gen notification options and post editor tools. It will be a huge change in the positive for people. As well as social group functions, etc. We rolled back some of those functions to curb the shock and stability reasons. It is not vaporware, it is now on a roadmap that is user centered and dependent on a company that actually responds to us as a business. Not some fly by night operation that pumps up their numbers. These are things we could never do with other board software manufacturers as they are aimed at hobbyist.

Editing time has been changed globally to unlimited and modification of posts will show time stamps. We are working to bring the functionality elements out to make it more obvious for people. For instance the advance search box which can be bookmarked with results.

hikcj0dm1lkx.png

• Like 1

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

For those asking for an app, our design and function will be mobile first. There are uses for apps but as technology progresses, the purpose for apps will change. How many dead apps are on your devices now?

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

What about status of bookmarking (subscribing) to a forum (not just individual post). And getting an email that actually has text of the post (not a link).

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: PXG 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S

Irons: Takomo IRON 101, 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges: Cleveland CBX ZipCore  48* Accra T90i S, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: Evnroll ER 1.2, Tour KBS GPS, 33",
 SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: Callaway Fairway 14 Stand Bag / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit
Accessories: Arccos 360 / Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

> @jholz said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @jholz said:

> > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > @jholz said:

> > > > > Like many, many others, I would be stoked if y'all prioritized fixing the layout and color scheme before tackling all of the other bells and whistles. We've got to read this thing after all - and many of us have old(er) eyes. It is increasingly difficult come back day after day to this wasteland of muddled text and stark whiteness. I just want to read and write about golf. Is that too much to ask?

> > > >

> > > > With all due respect, with an IT "project" (upgrade) like this, useability, fixing bugs and features trumps visibility.

> > > >

> > > > It might help a little if you dimmed your screen by turning down the brightness. Some computers have contrast control as well.

> > >

> > > With all due respect as well, and with recognition that this is an "age old" point of contention in the confluence of IT and Society that isn't going to be solved in a golf forum, this statement is spoken like a true IT person.

> > >

> > > Who cares if people like it or want to use it! We are solving problems that you don't have, aren't aware of, and could never truly understand anyway. Just be patient, keep your opinions to yourself, and let us create MAGIC for you.

> > >

> > > I swear, if we accepted the philosophy and process of design/development utilized in IT in say... _aviation_ just off the top of my head, planes would be falling from the sky...oh wait.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Thank you. I AM an IT person.

> >

> > And actually, this isn't really "design" or "development". THAT ship has sailed.

> >

> > And they quite OBVIOUSLY care about the people like it and want to use it. That is PATENTLY OBVIOUS.

> >

> > But this is about putting out fires and when one has to put out a fire one PRIORITIZES. I'm sorry you've got a paper cut but there are people on fire !!!

> >

> > THAT is what the guys are doing and from what I can see, doing it fairly well.

> >

> > And BTW, YOU yourself "accept the philosophy and process of design/development utilized in IT". Like when you have to decide between going to the bathroom right now or finishing the last of your morning coffee first. ?

> >

> > Now GET OFF MY LAWN !!! ? ? ?

> >

> > ![](http://www.vendoralley.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/9rYVxqH-300x225.jpg "")

> >

>

> You make some reasonable points certainly. I understand that my perspective is limited as a lay person, and I will never truly understand all of the nuances and intricacies of IT work. Beyond this, I can also appreciate that my complaints about my personal experience on the website are a low priority. Fair enough.

>

> So, I've accepted some of your points. Try on some of mine...

>

> Your response here is interesting. Did you happen to notice that in your rush to fill your post with geegaws, ALL CAPS, and emojis, you happened to make a very basic error in your syntax in this sentence?:

>

> _And they quite OBVIOUSLY care **about the people like it** and want to use it._

>

> Hmm...I've been an English speaker all my life, and I don't know what "about the people like it" means. I guess I just have to figure it out on my own. Give you the benefit of the doubt and guess at your intended meaning. Sounds like a pretty arrogant attitude to me.

>

> See dude, in your rush to be all fancy, you messed up your code. Aren't little errors and omissions like that ultimately responsible for the buggy, twitchy world of IT that we now enjoy? Isn't that error, and your post in general, an example of the IT mentality that I am talking about here?

>

> But whatever, we will just amuse ourselves with Candy Crush while the Wizard of Oz tinkers behind the curtain...

>

Ya see now ? I tried to be pleasant with "all due respect" and even gave you a possible intermediate suggestion for your issue and you went and got all snarky.

And I'll bet you think I'm the bad guy.

You're like every other troll who loses an argument. You ignore it and find something, anything, to "win" a point.

So YOUR point is I left out the word "who" ??? Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha. Good one. See dude, in your effort to be all fancy you messed up YOUR word. It's not "code", it's a word I left out.

But you "win". LMAO

Now shuffle off and (try to) teach English to someone who cares while adults actually try to help fix the site.

01001000 01101111 01110000 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01101000 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01100101 01111000 01110000 01101100 01101111 01100100 01100101 00100000 01001100 01001111 01001100

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1X