(UPDATED) ANNOUNCEMENT: New Forum Software and what to expect. Old layout will be back soon.

Past is past. Can only learn. Color change is 6 digit code but many levels of effect in multiple views.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

> @jmck said:

> > @chris975d said:

> > > @easyyy said:

> > > > @chris975d said:

> > > > > @Gxgolfer said:

> > > > > If we didn’t take it personally, then we would be more PC. The fact is we do care and have a vested interest. Ultimately it doesn’t matter what I say, it’s what we do.

> > > >

> > > > Like I said, partly I get it. My course is "my baby", and inside I take all comments and criticism personally. But I can't react or respond with that emotion, or I'm going to **** people off. Because HOW I say something does have an impact and a lasting impression. If the customer/member experience is bad from the top (owner/manager), that's a potential big deal to said customer/member.

> > >

> > >

> > > Gx was always had that "developer" factual personality. I am the one that tends to take the high road more and I put A LOT more sugar on my responses. Let's be transparent here. Ryan, myself, Aaron our inside team and our mods all have years of time invested in here. We care down to our core. We love this place and Gx and I and the mods do it more for the members than we do for our pockets. We all have day jobs and don't rely on WRX for our income source. While we have a team that does the Gx, the mod staff and Myself don't and we care more about the membership than words can explain. Our efforts while they look like **** right now are in the right places. We are here for our membership and always have been. Build it and they will come.

> > >

> > > This is one of the first times in 14 years that we have messed up big. Everyone does from time to time. We will make it right. Please have patience while we are mopping up and rebuilding. Have patience on us and the look and feel.

> > >

> > > Richard

> >

> > It might help to be more transparent then. When people are BEGGING for just simple color changes for instance, and they aren't really being done, at least with any kind of timely results, explain what goes into that and why it does seemingly take so long. To many that aren't "in the know" , a simple color change seems like something that could be done in a matter of moments. Color and readability seem to have been complaints from day 1, and from the outside looking in, very little has changed on that front. We've gotten just a SLIGHTLY less blinding faint gray background in what, 3 weeks? If a process like that does take eons as it seems to, then explain that to people. I've learned that in my customer service experience myself...communicate with the customer. I've learned that I can almost **** near tear the course up down to the roots, and as long as I'm proactive and communicate that, why we are doing it, and what's being done that it resonates with people and they appreciate it, and often times will tell me that they will stay with me through it as a customer solely because I made them feel important by doing it. But having an arrogant, condescending, aggravated attitude during it will do nothing good at all.

> >

> > So far, this platform change was basically sprung on members here seemingly overnight, no planning done, and been a disaster through the whole thing...again, this is the way it APPEARS from the outside, and very little done to change this perception. And when members are taking the time to say "please fix the colors/readability" over and over, it's not being done, and often the responses (by owners/admins and other self appointed members) are coming across as condescending and as if the members are an irritation, but aren't the members the reason this place exists? This is becoming not only a planning disaster, but a PR one too.

>

> Yeah, this ^^^^.

>

> First of all, color changes ARE easy. Every color you're looking at right now is a six digit code that can be changed in a few seconds if your code is good, a few hours if your code is bad. Every single one. That they've had a hard time getting less white on the screen is positively baffling.

>

> Second of all, here's the post that was missing, and it should've happened AT LEAST six months ago:

>

> "Dear golfwrx community. We love you blah blah blah, but the current website is woefully out of date blah blah blah, and in order to keep this the best golf community on the web we're in the planning phases for a major platform migration. After exploring all options and doing all due diligence and blah blah blah, we've decided on Vanilla for the following blah blah blahs. You can [click here](https://vanillaforums.com/en/showcase/ "click here") to see examples of communities running on Vanilla.

>

> Please look them over and let us know what you like and don't like. We would also like to recruit a band of beta testers to both better understand how members use the current site and to explore early versions of the new site. Also, if you have web design or engineering experience we would appreciate you taking five minutes to complete this brief survey {outside link}. Blah blah blah, thank you so much."

>

> Maybe they get so much noise they can't find a signal, or maybe the get enough quality feedback to launch the site looking like it does today, rather than like it did three weeks ago. Either way it's better customer service than just dropping this pile on everyone on some random day.

^^ Yes please ^^

> @jmck said:

> > @chris975d said:

> > > @easyyy said:

> > > > @chris975d said:

> > > > > If we didn’t take it personally, then we would be more PC. The fact is we do care and have a vested interest. Ultimately it doesn’t matter what I say, it’s what we do.

> > > >

> > > > Like I said, partly I get it. My course is "my baby", and inside I take all comments and criticism personally. But I can't react or respond with that emotion, or I'm going to **** people off. Because HOW I say something does have an impact and a lasting impression. If the customer/member experience is bad from the top (owner/manager), that's a potential big deal to said customer/member.

> > >

> > >

> > > Gx was always had that "developer" factual personality. I am the one that tends to take the high road more and I put A LOT more sugar on my responses. Let's be transparent here. Ryan, myself, Aaron our inside team and our mods all have years of time invested in here. We care down to our core. We love this place and Gx and I and the mods do it more for the members than we do for our pockets. We all have day jobs and don't rely on WRX for our income source. While we have a team that does the Gx, the mod staff and Myself don't and we care more about the membership than words can explain. Our efforts while they look like **** right now are in the right places. We are here for our membership and always have been. Build it and they will come.

> > >

> > > This is one of the first times in 14 years that we have messed up big. Everyone does from time to time. We will make it right. Please have patience while we are mopping up and rebuilding. Have patience on us and the look and feel.

> > >

> > > Richard

> >

> > It might help to be more transparent then. When people are BEGGING for just simple color changes for instance, and they aren't really being done, at least with any kind of timely results, explain what goes into that and why it does seemingly take so long. To many that aren't "in the know" , a simple color change seems like something that could be done in a matter of moments. Color and readability seem to have been complaints from day 1, and from the outside looking in, very little has changed on that front. We've gotten just a SLIGHTLY less blinding faint gray background in what, 3 weeks? If a process like that does take eons as it seems to, then explain that to people. I've learned that in my customer service experience myself...communicate with the customer. I've learned that I can almost **** near tear the course up down to the roots, and as long as I'm proactive and communicate that, why we are doing it, and what's being done that it resonates with people and they appreciate it, and often times will tell me that they will stay with me through it as a customer solely because I made them feel important by doing it. But having an arrogant, condescending, aggravated attitude during it will do nothing good at all.

> >

> > So far, this platform change was basically sprung on members here seemingly overnight, no planning done, and been a disaster through the whole thing...again, this is the way it APPEARS from the outside, and very little done to change this perception. And when members are taking the time to say "please fix the colors/readability" over and over, it's not being done, and often the responses (by owners/admins and other self appointed members) are coming across as condescending and as if the members are an irritation, but aren't the members the reason this place exists? This is becoming not only a planning disaster, but a PR one too.

>

> Yeah, this ^^^^.

>

> First of all, color changes ARE easy. Every color you're looking at right now is a six digit code that can be changed in a few seconds if your code is good, a few hours if your code is bad. Every single one. That they've had a hard time getting less white on the screen is positively baffling.

>

> Second of all, here's the post that was missing, and it should've happened AT LEAST six months ago:

>

> "Dear golfwrx community. We love you blah blah blah, but the current website is woefully out of date blah blah blah, and in order to keep this the best golf community on the web we're in the planning phases for a major platform migration. After exploring all options and doing all due diligence and blah blah blah, we've decided on Vanilla for the following blah blah blahs. You can [click here](https://vanillaforums.com/en/showcase/ "click here") to see examples of communities running on Vanilla.

>

> Please look them over and let us know what you like and don't like. We would also like to recruit a band of beta testers to both better understand how members use the current site and to explore early versions of the new site. Also, if you have web design or engineering experience we would appreciate you taking five minutes to complete this brief survey {outside link}. Blah blah blah, thank you so much."

>

> Maybe they get so much noise they can't find a signal, or maybe the get enough quality feedback to launch the site looking like it does today, rather than like it did three weeks ago. Either way it's better customer service than just dropping this pile on everyone on some random day.

absolutely agree - but heck even once they rolled it out it wouldn't have looked nearly close to the others vanilla has. at least it didn't on day one.

-

and are we still needing to provide a color code? jesus christ.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

> @lopey986 said:

> Number of NEW POSTS on topics that have been read is not showing anymore, it is just bolding the topic title but not showing the number of new posts below it anymore.

I hope that is by design. The "new" icons were terrible. The bold does need to be darker and more different from the topic titles that are already read though.

> @Gxgolfer said:

> If we didn’t take it personally, then we would be more PC. The fact is we do care and have a vested interest. Ultimately it doesn’t matter what I say, it’s what we do.

That said, what are you doing, in general what is the "plan"? > @Gxgolfer said:

> Color codes suggestions are welcome.

fwiw I have a post detailing high & low contrast color combos, could be useful. Worth a look. I think a tri or quad scheme would be best high contrast for text, non fatiguing backround, high again for navigation. I believe post is in a putter thread about 6-8 weeks back. If someone could find it that might help a bit thanks.

We setup a forum for tracking issues and will address what we can now. Each item has a response. Please ask additional questions there.

We will need to design and build a new desktop and mobile skin. That will take a few months.

We will investigate the app but that is the same thing as what we are looking at now in terms of a redesign.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

> @JAMH03 said:

> > @Gxgolfer said:

> > If we didn’t take it personally, then we would be more PC. The fact is we do care and have a vested interest. Ultimately it doesn’t matter what I say, it’s what we do.

>

> That said, what are you doing, in general what is the "plan"? > @Gxgolfer said:

> > Color codes suggestions are welcome.

>

> fwiw I have a post detailing high & low contrast color combos, could be useful. Worth a look. I think a tri or quad scheme would be best high contrast for text, non fatiguing backround, high again for navigation. I believe post is in a putter thread about 6-8 weeks back. If someone could find it that might help a bit thanks.

Interesting, I started to reply, saved a draft, replied to different thread, cant edit 1st bit out after posting in silk. So theres a glith, Silk browser. Glitch.

> @Gxgolfer said:

> > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....JUST DUMP THIS EFFORT AND BUILD AN APP???

> please address your comments and concerns in the website 2.0 forum. All activities are commented on and tracked there.

> https://forums.golfwrx.com/categories/wrx-2-0-forum-bugs-and-features

>

> It is not a simple or trivial thing and will cost a lot of money and time. The current app option, if allowed, would start at 1600 Euros a month. This does not guarantee it will do everything people want either.

Wait! So the reason an app is not being considered is because it will cost 1600 euros??

Look, I don’t pretend to know the economics behind a forum like this between paid sponsors and the like, but what’s the price of less traffic and ultimately a competitive platform coming out??

I think you guys NEED an app and the time is NOW...what we have right now feels to me like we’re just putting lipstick on the pig and you can make ALL changes suggested and still the UI sucks which makes it borderline unusable.

The other option is to consider a premium (aka paid for) app. Free to users who don’t mind commercials and $1.99/month for premium subscribers. Would be a huge offset to the 1600 monthly charge.

> @Swisstrader98 said:

> > @Gxgolfer said:

> > > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > > PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....JUST DUMP THIS EFFORT AND BUILD AN APP???

> > please address your comments and concerns in the website 2.0 forum. All activities are commented on and tracked there.

> > https://forums.golfwrx.com/categories/wrx-2-0-forum-bugs-and-features

> >

> > It is not a simple or trivial thing and will cost a lot of money and time. The current app option, if allowed, would start at 1600 Euros a month. This does not guarantee it will do everything people want either.

>

> Wait! So the reason an app is not being considered is because it will cost 1600 euros??

>

> Look, I don’t pretend to know the economics behind a forum like this between paid sponsors and the like, but what’s the price of less traffic and ultimately a competitive platform coming out??

>

> I think you guys NEED an app and the time is NOW...what we have right now feels to me like we’re just putting lipstick on the pig and you can make ALL changes suggested and still the UI sucks which makes it borderline unusable.

>

> The other option is to consider a premium (aka paid for) app. Free to users who don’t mind commercials and $1.99/month for premium subscribers. Would be a huge offset to the 1600 monthly charge.

Yep. I'd GLADLY pay for an app. I already pay for ClubWRX each year to try and help support the forum, and I'd gladly pay for a decent app. Web-based only interaction is for the birds...it's like a step back in time.

We needed a hosted vendor solution. It checks a lot a boxes except that one. We are working to reskin with those features.

BST AD Help

> @chris975d said:

> > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > > @Gxgolfer said:

> > > > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > > > PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....JUST DUMP THIS EFFORT AND BUILD AN APP???

> > > please address your comments and concerns in the website 2.0 forum. All activities are commented on and tracked there.

> > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/categories/wrx-2-0-forum-bugs-and-features

> > >

> > > It is not a simple or trivial thing and will cost a lot of money and time. The current app option, if allowed, would start at 1600 Euros a month. This does not guarantee it will do everything people want either.

> >

> > Wait! So the reason an app is not being considered is because it will cost 1600 euros??

> >

> > Look, I don’t pretend to know the economics behind a forum like this between paid sponsors and the like, but what’s the price of less traffic and ultimately a competitive platform coming out??

> >

> > I think you guys NEED an app and the time is NOW...what we have right now feels to me like we’re just putting lipstick on the pig and you can make ALL changes suggested and still the UI sucks which makes it borderline unusable.

> >

> > The other option is to consider a premium (aka paid for) app. Free to users who don’t mind commercials and $1.99/month for premium subscribers. Would be a huge offset to the 1600 monthly charge.

>

> Yep. I'd GLADLY pay for an app. I already pay for ClubWRX each year to try and help support the forum, and I'd gladly pay for a decent app. Web-based only interaction is for the birds...it's like a step back in time.

Recurring monthly cost is a minor issue. Cost to keep it update and integration is a much bigger one. Right now, we don’t know what it will do, cost to deploy or if even allowed. Then we are in the exact same place with tweaking.

BST AD Help

> @Gxgolfer said:

> We needed a hosted vendor solution. It checks a lot a boxes except that one. We are working to reskin with those features.

I sincerely appreciate the candor and honesty shown. Do you feel like you're getting the support from Vanilla and is what they spec'd/scoped what was delivered? I think you're being very gracious and taking a lot of heat when they have to be at least somewhat accountable.

> @Gxgolfer said:

> As stated, some things are under our control, some not. We are learning and pushing where we can. Sorry if we are not working fast enough and we wish we could work faster. We also see a lot of unique issues. We need to identify the problem and each rabbit we chase pushes other fixes down the road.

>

> **In your particular issue, we cannot replicate it.** That’s why we asked for more info. For instance, we are not going to fix how a browser displays in IE.

>

> We do want to understand if you have a chrome plugin that changes picture downloads or something to that effect.

>

> Search is a core problem on any forum software change and is problematic to fix.

>

I'm sorry but this is exactly what my point is. You should've said that in the first reply then we can work towards the solution to the fix. Your only response was "did you try Safari?" How in the world would I know that you have tried it and couldn't replicate it??

I have alot of apps installed on my phone, so if you told me that if you can't replicate the error, I would go and look at my phone and try to uninstall some apps. You did not give me clear answer to look at that option. You keep talking chrome add-ons, but I'm using MOBILE chrome which does not have add-ons.

I can repeat same error on my other phone with almost no app installed. If anyone else has same issue, reply below.

**First page. Does not have page list on top, only at the bottom of the page**

b50hrc9lf0c5.jpg

gptwx4bbn5tb.jpg

**Once I move to the next page, or any other page, I cannot go back to 1st page easily. Even if I go back to forum list and click the thread, it goes to the end of the thread, which is first unread**

5u1x320s2pef.jpg

This problem does not occur with Desktop Chrome.

> @nsxguy said:

> > @larciel said:

> > > @Gxgolfer said:

> > > > @larciel said:

> > > > > > @larciel said:

> > > > > > 1. In mobile chrome. Multiple phones.

> > > > > > Pages get 'stuck' for some time. You can scroll up and down but can't click

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 2.

> > > > > > You have to scroll all the way down to see Page menu to move to next page or last page (pg.24 here) once you're on other pages, you cannot move to page 1 easily. (Pg 1 is not shown)

> > > > > > And once you're on other pages, the page menu is shown on top of the thread for easy access. Put it on 1st page as well.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Does it happen with safari too?

> > > >

> > > > Unfortunately I don't have apple devices so you'd have to test it there.

> > >

> > > Firefox?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > My concern or beef is that responses from WRX has been poor on people's support requests, or feedbacks.

> >

> > This post alone, I took my time to test out this beta site, and gave my inputs on the errors. Your response was not 'OK i'll check it and let you know' but 'Did you try other browser?' TWICE.

> >

> > Did you try with mobile chrome? If so, did you see the errors that I listed or no? Do you expect me to change my browser that is essential to my daily use just to enjoy golfwrx in the right way??

> >

> > This is not the first instance. As many people here now bring up, "My Content" page was VERY important piece. I had a feedback that will significantly improve the My contect page use and your response was, "It doesn't work that way". Rather than, "I'll see what I can do to improve it"

> > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1622922/on-mobile-site-i-want-to-continue-reading-where-i-left-off#latest

> >

> > I understand that you're not a customer support agent, but this is a huge community with big monetary strings attached too. You probably get paid for your work here. If you really want to improve the site and community, I suggest a better response would be a great start.

> >

>

> In your other post, now closed, you referred to a "My Content" page. Where would the be again ? I can't seem to find one.

>

> Edited to add - D'oh. Sorry. You created a "search" for your content, yes ?

>

> In THAT case, the bolded title correctly? takes you to YOUR post on the thread, NOT the first unread. YOUR post(s) are what you searched for.

>

> "First unread" is a board function. Search is also a board function and that function is working as designed.

Makes sense now. So 'My content' page was just search result for "Posts that I have participated in" , and it cannot be combined with board function of "First unread" .. Correct?

Again, I'm not blaming WRX but just giving feedback to improve the community.. But if WRX's answer was like yours, instead of "Use full site" (which does not solve the problem anyways) , I would not have any problem. Seriously, the answers I was getting were very counter-productive. I felt like 'does this site want to listen to feedbacks and improve?' or just doesn't give much shat in listening to users?

One positive note about new forum is that, you can start writing in mobile phone, and then continue where you left off in your PC browser. That's pretty neat.

> @bigmoneyp said:

> > @lopey986 said:

> > Number of NEW POSTS on topics that have been read is not showing anymore, it is just bolding the topic title but not showing the number of new posts below it anymore.

>

> I hope that is by design. The "new" icons were terrible. The bold does need to be darker and more different from the topic titles that are already read though.

I’d like to see threads I’ve clicked on, but haven’t necessarily posted in, change from black to another color.

It simply won't let me do anything. After I do what you sad, I can't click on anything and change the notification preferences on my Android phone.

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>Mavrik Max 4, 5, 6, 7 hybrids

>7--SW Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blade Irons

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

>Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Putter