2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

(UPDATED) ANNOUNCEMENT: New Forum Software and what to expect. Old layout will be back soon.

any update/eta on page selection issue on mobile? can only go one by one. also will a comment box be shown on the top of the page so we won't have to scroll all the way to the bottom?

elp7hnf0gyc0.jpeg

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

Please ask for updates in the 2.0 forum, if you do not see a relevant thread , then please create a new one.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/categories/wrx-2-0-forum-bugs-and-features

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Please provide screenshot and browser version. I see no issue with your account and verified settings.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

Like I mentioned earlier, when I get to the notification reference page it won't allow me to change anything. I tap on each individual notification preference but it does nothing.

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>Mavrik Max 4, 5, 6, 7 hybrids

>7--SW Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blade Irons

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

>Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Putter

> @hybrid25 said:

> Like I mentioned earlier, when I get to the notification reference page it won't allow me to change anything. I tap on each individual notification preference but it does nothing.

Mine looks the same.

o6cgpyg377ca.png

But I’m able to scroll to the right to see the check boxes. Are you not able to do that?

If you flip to landscape does that allow you to see the check boxes?

> @"b.helts" said:

> > @hybrid25 said:

> > Like I mentioned earlier, when I get to the notification reference page it won't allow me to change anything. I tap on each individual notification preference but it does nothing.

>

> Mine looks the same.

> o6cgpyg377ca.png

> But I’m able to scroll to the right to see the check boxes. Are you not able to do that?

>

> If you flip to landscape does that allow you to see the check boxes?

I was about to ask if he could swipe to the right (actually, move your thumb to the left on your screen) to reveal the check boxes?

Sounds right guys. Same thing on my Android.

The check boxes for each notification is on the right, outside of the screen part hybrid is showing us. Looks like he needs to scroll/swipt to the right.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

> @nsxguy said:

> Sounds right guys. Same thing on my Android.

>

> The check boxes for each notification is on the right, outside of the screen part hybrid is showing us. Looks like he needs to scroll/swipt to the right.

Well, I'm a bit embarrassed, when I go to landscape the boxes that are to be checked are present and available to be checked. I suppose also if I were to scroll right, doing the same thing as landscape view would do, I would have the same results. So I am okay now I appreciate the help and wished I had seen this in the first place.

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

> @hybrid25 said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > Sounds right guys. Same thing on my Android.

> >

> > The check boxes for each notification is on the right, outside of the screen part hybrid is showing us. Looks like he needs to scroll/swipt to the right.

>

> Well, I'm a bit embarrassed, when I go to landscape the boxes that are to be checked are present and available to be checked. I suppose also if I were to scroll right, doing the same thing as landscape view would do, I would have the same results. So I am okay now I appreciate the help and wished I had seen this in the first place.

I wouldn't worry about it. Wish I had a nickel for everything I missed that was a lot more obvious than your issue was.

I've have an AWFUL lot of nickels !!! LMAO

Titleist Pro V1X

This is why we need to redo the skin as well. We have to design for multiple resolutions and orientations. We are finding even on desktop view, the responsive nature takes out info which is not as intended.

Mobile skin is tough because of differing resolutions as well. Squeeze and clean do not work well together.

BST AD Help

> @Yanki01 said:

> any update/eta on page selection issue on mobile? can only go one by one. also will a comment box be shown on the top of the page so we won't have to scroll all the way to the bottom?

> elp7hnf0gyc0.jpeg

>

You have same issue as I do but on iPhone safari.

Gx still hasn't directly responded to this issue

I guess they only use desktop version here.

Please refer to source thread which was merged from original inquiry.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1762786/mobile-issues#latest

Please ask for updates in the 2.0 forum, if you do not see a relevant thread , then please create a new one.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/categories/wrx-2-0-forum-bugs-and-features

BST AD Help

> @larciel said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @larciel said:

> > > > @Gxgolfer said:

> > > > > @larciel said:

> > > > > > @Gxgolfer said:

> > > > > > > @larciel said:

> > > > > > > 1. In mobile chrome. Multiple phones.

> > > > > > > Pages get 'stuck' for some time. You can scroll up and down but can't click

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 2.

> > > > > > > You have to scroll all the way down to see Page menu to move to next page or last page (pg.24 here) once you're on other pages, you cannot move to page 1 easily. (Pg 1 is not shown)

> > > > > > > And once you're on other pages, the page menu is shown on top of the thread for easy access. Put it on 1st page as well.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Does it happen with safari too?

> > > > >

> > > > > Unfortunately I don't have apple devices so you'd have to test it there.

> > > >

> > > > Firefox?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > My concern or beef is that responses from WRX has been poor on people's support requests, or feedbacks.

> > >

> > > This post alone, I took my time to test out this beta site, and gave my inputs on the errors. Your response was not 'OK i'll check it and let you know' but 'Did you try other browser?' TWICE.

> > >

> > > Did you try with mobile chrome? If so, did you see the errors that I listed or no? Do you expect me to change my browser that is essential to my daily use just to enjoy golfwrx in the right way??

> > >

> > > This is not the first instance. As many people here now bring up, "My Content" page was VERY important piece. I had a feedback that will significantly improve the My contect page use and your response was, "It doesn't work that way". Rather than, "I'll see what I can do to improve it"

> > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1622922/on-mobile-site-i-want-to-continue-reading-where-i-left-off#latest

> > >

> > > I understand that you're not a customer support agent, but this is a huge community with big monetary strings attached too. You probably get paid for your work here. If you really want to improve the site and community, I suggest a better response would be a great start.

> > >

> >

> > In your other post, now closed, you referred to a "My Content" page. Where would the be again ? I can't seem to find one.

> >

> > Edited to add - D'oh. Sorry. You created a "search" for your content, yes ?

> >

> > In THAT case, the bolded title correctly? takes you to YOUR post on the thread, NOT the first unread. YOUR post(s) are what you searched for.

> >

> > "First unread" is a board function. Search is also a board function and that function is working as designed.

>

> Makes sense now. So 'My content' page was just search result for "Posts that I have participated in" , and it cannot be combined with board function of "First unread" .. Correct?

>

> Again, I'm not blaming WRX but just giving feedback to improve the community.. But if WRX's answer was like yours, instead of "Use full site" (which does not solve the problem anyways) , I would not have any problem. Seriously, the answers I was getting were very counter-productive. I felt like 'does this site want to listen to feedbacks and improve?' or just doesn't give much shat in listening to users?

>

>

> One positive note about new forum is that, you can start writing in mobile phone, and then continue where you left off in your PC browser. That's pretty neat.

That is correct. There's a thread I started in this section about doing this particular "workaround". Management is well aware of this issue and has indicated it is at or near the top of the list.

Titleist Pro V1X

> @jmck said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @Gxgolfer said:

> > > Seriously, can you define specific improvements? We cannot go back so what is the priority of issues that make it suck?

> >

> > You have the patience of a SAINT !!!

> >

> > No matter HOW MANY TIMES you tell people to include screenshots and tell you how they're accessing the site you get comments like "This site sucks" and you never seem to lose your temper. Good(?) for you.

> >

> > ![](https://media1.tenor.com/images/43133bc986cc3662d9a980b0a644ca19/tenor.gif?itemid=12040022 "")

> >

> >

> >

>

> Patience is a two way street. Golfwrx dot com is asking its current membership for a HUGE amount of patience, after they launched a website that was more alpha than beta. We're three weeks in, and the place is a ghost town compared to what it was a month ago. Masters week is underway. How much traffic has that attracted this year compared to last? Websites need clicks to be viable. If users' patience with this updated golfwrx dot com runs out and they join a different forum and never come back and it doesn't matter how much patience gxgolfer or any of the others owners has. That's a moot point if the membership runs out of patience with the basic UI/UX of the site.

>

> Go back and read the first few pages of the first post-update threads. The biggest complaints are still not fixed. The site has been shot in the foot and you're applauding the patience of the wrong set of people while the website bleeds out. You should be applauding the users patient enough to be here a month from now.

I don't disagree about the launch. I've stated as much before. But the deed is done and can't be undone. If users leave they leave. This is not an unusual occurrence and I'm sure they've thought about that long and hard.

So all the whining about the same things over and over again does not HELP. And if one is not HELPING, one is HURTING. And you would most likely get sick of the same members going on and on about the same things as if they are the only ones "suffering" if you were in charge (I know, I know, you never would have let it go live like this - I get it).

You seem to have some knowledge of the process. Surely you realize the frenzied activities going on trying to fix all of this ? Do you really think harping on things is going to help ?

Frankly, if I were Gxgolfer, I'd have lost patience with a few posters already. There'd have already been several suspensions handed out. Then again, maybe they have been. Hence the "patience of a saint".

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1X

On desktop, one feature that I really liked that has now disappeared is the number of new posts in the left margin since previously viewing the post. Read and unread posts aren't distinguishable any longer.

Apologies if this is covered already, just not fully up to speed with the full post.

Edit: Unread posts are bold, read posts are not.

> @jonnymc44 said:

> On desktop, one feature that I really liked that has now disappeared is the number of new posts in the left margin since previously viewing the post. Read and unread posts aren't distinguishable any longer.

> Apologies if this is covered already, just not fully up to speed with the full post.

>

> Edit: Unread posts are bold, read posts are not.

I kinda liked the little blue box that told you how many new posts in your bookmarked threads. But not critical if it had to be sacrificed for better overall functionality.

> @jonnymc44 said:

> On desktop, one feature that I really liked that has now disappeared is the number of new posts in the left margin since previously viewing the post. Read and unread posts aren't distinguishable any longer.

> Apologies if this is covered already, just not fully up to speed with the full post.

>

> Edit: Unread posts are bold, read posts are not.

> @EricWGolf said:

> > @jonnymc44 said:

> > On desktop, one feature that I really liked that has now disappeared is the number of new posts in the left margin since previously viewing the post. Read and unread posts aren't distinguishable any longer.

> > Apologies if this is covered already, just not fully up to speed with the full post.

> >

> > Edit: Unread posts are bold, read posts are not.

> I kinda liked the little blue box that told you how many new posts in your bookmarked threads. But not critical if it had to be sacrificed for better overall functionality.

>

Unfortunately we deliberately removed those boxes. They are gone as well as "closed" and "pinned" to be replaced by a combination of icons and bold or not bold and forum/thread/discussion titles being bolded or normal front for read and unread. Lost through this is the # of volume of unread.

We were fielding many suggestions that the boxes you are referring to were creating too much white space around them and were undesirable by design. The mobile look is a significant space save now with icons vs the box's. This change fits into our longer term layout so we decided to make the change now before members recalibrated to the new look only to get disappointed when we change it eventually.

> @easyyy said:

> > @jonnymc44 said:

> > On desktop, one feature that I really liked that has now disappeared is the number of new posts in the left margin since previously viewing the post. Read and unread posts aren't distinguishable any longer.

> > Apologies if this is covered already, just not fully up to speed with the full post.

> >

>

> > @EricWGolf said:

> > > @jonnymc44 said:

> > > On desktop, one feature that I really liked that has now disappeared is the number of new posts in the left margin since previously viewing the post. Read and unread posts aren't distinguishable any longer.

> > > Apologies if this is covered already, just not fully up to speed with the full post.

> > >

> > > Edit: Unread posts are bold, read posts are not.

> > I kinda liked the little blue box that told you how many new posts in your bookmarked threads. But not critical if it had to be sacrificed for better overall functionality.

> >

> Unfortunately we deliberately removed those boxes. They are gone as well as "closed" and "pinned" to be replaced by a combination of icons and bold or not bold and forum/thread/discussion titles being bolded or normal front for read and unread. Lost through this is the # of volume of unread.

>

> We were fielding many suggestions that the boxes you are referring to were creating too much white space around them and were undesirable by design. The mobile look is a significant space save now with icons vs the box's. This change fits into our longer term layout so we decided to make the change now before members recalibrated to the new look only to get disappointed when we change it eventually.

Yep, that’s what I assumed. Like I mentioned, not critical. Thanks.

Edit: by the way @easyyy , the hiding of nested quotes, with the default of showing only the most recent quote, but with the ability to show all quotes with a single click . . . is AWESOME.

• Like 1

> @easyyy said:

> > @jonnymc44 said:

> >

>

> > @EricWGolf said:

> > > @jonnymc44 said:

> > > On desktop, one feature that I really liked that has now disappeared is the number of new posts in the left margin since previously viewing the post. Read and unread posts aren't distinguishable any longer.

> > > Apologies if this is covered already, just not fully up to speed with the full post.

> > >

> > > Edit: Unread posts are bold, read posts are not.

> > I kinda liked the little blue box that told you how many new posts in your bookmarked threads. But not critical if it had to be sacrificed for better overall functionality.

> >

> Unfortunately we deliberately removed those boxes. They are gone as well as "closed" and "pinned" to be replaced by a combination of icons and bold or not bold and forum/thread/discussion titles being bolded or normal front for read and unread. Lost through this is the # of volume of unread.

>

> We were fielding many suggestions that the boxes you are referring to were creating too much white space around them and were undesirable by design. The mobile look is a significant space save now with icons vs the box's. This change fits into our longer term layout so we decided to make the change now before members recalibrated to the new look only to get disappointed when we change it eventually.

Not a problem, just something that I came to like. Understood regarding the white space. I only tend to read on my desktop, but mobile is the future!

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind a red alert icon in the alert section without also getting a popup alert. I hope that we don't get every individual alert in the threads we have, just a single alert when someone commented in threads I have discussed. Kinda like the good ole days.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping G425 Crossover 3, i20 4-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Honestly, I am starting to warm up to this new website. I am seeing some features that I am liking that the old website didn't seem to have. One of my favorite things is uploading photos directly from your personal device instead of using a 3rd Party website. What I would like to see more of and probably will come in the future is color schemes that would help make a contrast between different aspects of a web page. That would make it easier to navigate as well.

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

'> @hybrid25 said:

> Honestly, I am starting to warm up to this new website. I am seeing some features that I am liking that the old website didn't seem to have. One of my favorite things is uploading photos directly from your personal device instead of using a 3rd Party website. What I would like to see more of and probably will come in the future is color schemes that would help make a contrast between different aspects of a web page. That would make it easier to navigate as well.

@nsxguy B)

• Like 1