(UPDATED) ANNOUNCEMENT: New Forum Software and what to expect. Old layout will be back soon.

I am so happy to hear this post!

There are much bigger problems in the world but yesterday was tough...very busy at work, played 18 holes of garbage golf, was not impressed at the course I was wanting to join, got home and my wife decided it was the day to tell me I was playing too much golf, and then jumped on my favorite site(here) and hated it!

But, this is great news!

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

I know you aren’t changing for the sake of changing, but also don’t add stuff for the sake of adding stuff. I don’t remember any posts where the community was polled about what they want on the website before this change, yet I see a lot of stuff being added that seems very unnecessary. Badges, heat maps, social media widgets. Don’t remember anyone asking for those. So don’t be surprised or get defensive when you make a poll asking the community which site they like best and they 100% choose the old one. A lot of these navigational and UI/UX changes seem like they are in the wrong direction. I use GoldWRX hourly and it’s as good as being down right now it’s that unenjoyable to use to me. There are some things you are adding that will be for the better though too, especially where underlying performance and reliability are concerned. I’m loyal to the site and eager to see the upcoming changes. But just frankly guys, this is really not good at all. 

Also, ditch the blue, this isn’t Facebook.

Hey https > http so in that regard you've made progress.  Good luck  - keep at it and ultimately we will all be fine.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

nsxguy said:
tolmij said:
Can you put a delete button as an option, I have had posts I wanted to delete and it is a pain removing them one character at a time. Why is the edit function now timed, I have often edited posts the next day, sometimes when you look at the when sober they need to be changed.
This is pretty funny actually. This is (was ?) the  ONLY board I've ever seen that had an UNLIMITED edit time and where you could actually DELETE your post.

Me personally ? I support NO edits, NO deletions.

Think before you post. Post sober or get pulled over !!! LMAO

Almost no chance I don’t get suspended inside 60 days minus a way to edit or delete. Loll 

ill have to start writing my posts down and thinking for a minute before posting .  Terrible idea 

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Thanks for the update Richard. I'm sure it will be fine. It took the company I work for 3 years to recover from making the switch to SAP. Now THAT sucked!

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

Callaway 2007 X-Forged 5-PW/ PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 / Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5+ 

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving

Gxgolfer said:
The previous platform was end of life and the upgrade path present the same challenges we were dealing with on an everyday basis. Cloud based platform with a company that does infrastructure best allows us to do what we do best. 

As the skin and functions settle out, things will improve. The BST will be the Wild Wild West for hopefully less than 30 days. The Masters is just around the corner. 

Thanks for the explanation. Having been through several boards upgrades, I'm sure this will rock in no time after the bugs or features are added. 

Don't let naysayers get to you guys, some people do not like changes, I guess. I'm thankful that WRX went back up because I was getting jittery with no WRX fix. Ha.

62 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

Callaway Rogue Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore 6-S 

TSR2 10* Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Callaway Paradym TD 15* & AI Smoke TD 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 5-AW AMT Black S300

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

I'm seeing some cool changes and the potential for more.  Two examples:

1. The ability to refer to use an @ symbol to call out to specific posters within a post (like Facebook and Twitter).

2. In a detail view for creating a new post, I saw a yin and yang symbol.  When I clicked it, the background colors inverted (white to black, black to white).  Much easier to read.  Have to believe that functionality can be carried over to the full forum.

A few years ago, I managed the install of my first software project.  It was a spectacular s*** show.  So many variables and things in the real world you don't think of testing for.  I think this is going to be a cool upgrade, when it's all done.  Giving it time.  Trying not to be the angry old man yelling "you kids get off my lawn!"

Problems with the old platform is certainly a good enough reason for all this change. I thank you for your efforts. I am also aware that changing things while trying to improve them is often an underappreciated job. But that does not mean that all change is always good or that users should keep their opinions to themselves. Feedback is necessary and although it sometimes hurts it should not be dismissed lightly. The amount of grumbling just shows that people actually value this forum.

But. While heatmaps and analytics and other such doohickeys are obviously useful for those working behind the scenes to provide this forum and while for some reason badges seem nowadays to be a fashionable 'must have', a regular user is much more interested in the plain old boring concept of readability. IMO the new design is a huge step back due to issues in both presentation hierarchy and information density. Low contrast and lots of wasted white space may be the 'modern' look but it just leads to lots of scrolling and user having to expend more effort for actually understanding the structure of the presented information on the screen.

And then that sea of icons presenting currently online users. On a site of this size and participation it is both useless and a waste of both valuable screen space and everybodys resources. Just drop it, please.

BTW. While writing this message I found it really annoying that I could not find a way to move around a word at a time.

Gxgolfer said:
There is no app in the roadmap. Apps have there place but we are moving beyond apps. If the skins are done properly then no app is needed. Like any forum software, there is a commercial and open source version.

We are using the commercial version and costs is not the factor vs others. Scaleability, security, and future proofing is. We looked at other platforms for years and considered all factors. IPB, SMF, VBULLETIN, etc. You can’t pilot or test when switching to a new platform. We have to design build under live fire. Tapatalk was a mistake as they refused to work with us. After seeing the cost and features gained, there is no added benefit and it is inoperable with Vanilla. Our new partners will work with us to integrate and extend features.

It took 15 years to get the old board painted in a zero upgrade path. Now we are rectifying this and moving forward.

Sounds good, these upgrades were a long time coming.  The previous platform was a dinosaur.  I look forward to seeing the changes coming along with increased functionality.  

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

I know you aren’t changing for the sake of changing, but also don’t add stuff for the sake of adding stuff. I don’t remember any posts where the community was polled about what they want on the website before this change, yet I see a lot of stuff being added that seems very unnecessary. Badges, heat maps, social media widgets. Don’t remember anyone asking for those. So don’t be surprised or get defensive when you make a poll asking the community which site they like best and they 100% choose the old one. A lot of these navigational and UI/UX changes seem like they are in the wrong direction. I use GoldWRX hourly and it’s as good as being down right now it’s that unenjoyable to use to me. There are some things you are adding that will be for the better though too, especially where underlying performance and reliability are concerned. I’m loyal to the site and eager to see the upcoming changes. But just frankly guys, this is really not good at all. 

Spot on.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that the lion share of core members here don't give a crap about social media widgets and freaking heat maps.  We come to this site to get away from Facebook/Instagram/Twitter...etc.  It's not the widgets, and cool integration elements that people are  balking at.  It's the interface!!  No matter how many kick @ss widgets you add to MySpace...users aren't going back there.  It's the interface!!  I hear you Richard, when you say to please be patient, I just have a hard time seeing how you're going to overhaul this thing.  Add-Ons and features are nice, but, the fundamental user interface is the issue.  Please don't take this as me just b*tching, as I'm trying to give honest feedback.  I really do hope you guys get things worked out.

...aaaand it took me several minutes to type this post because the new typing interface seems like it's on a 7 second delay...autocorrect in the interface takes precedence over real words and corrects them into jumbled [email protected] I get to fight with the  new "enhancement" of "Draft Saved" getting in the way of my sentence.

@nsxguy 

saw the @ symbol mentioned. Decided to see how that works.  Hmmm don’t know what I just did. Lol 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Hopefully the new GUI is similar to the old one eventually. Glad the threat of crashing is gone. 

a heads-up would have been huge, the shock makes it easier to step away for a bit.   At least maybe I can get back to work now, I sure was not gonna kick this addiction on my own anytime soon. 

Ill check back in a few days, good luck with updates! thanks anyways for trying, we appreciate it even if our lives as we knew it are gone ?

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

KevCannon said:
I use the mobile app version 99% of the time. Read through most posts but am confused about how the app will be fixed/updated. Please help slowly losing my mind. 
We pushed over 100 changes last night midnight and the mobile skin saw nothing yet. That should start to evolve today. Sorry everyone. This is day six and we have been grinding. 

Today we will see some big changes. Hope the avatar on the right and in the gutter on mobile will go away and be replaced with a list or total number, menu on the top to appear, mobile update for looks and feel and a lot more. I can't type them all.

:# 

• Like 2

As someone who works in the IT industry, I understand these types of migrations and roll outs usually never go as planned.   It is a process and the membership here just has to live with it while the kinks and bugs are worked out.  Members here have to undertand it was in the best interest of the site to roll out the forum, even if it wasn't "pretty" yet, and the bugs still exist.  I think it's safe to say the forum is probably the most heavily trafficed section the GolfWRX web site, so leaving the forum offline for days while they work out bugs was simply not an option.  I'm sure plenty of you were fiend out trying to get your WRX fix while the forum was down for 2 days

Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0
3 wood - Cobra F8
Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
Wedges - Vokey SM5 50°, Cleveland Zipcore 54°, Cleveland Zipcore 58°
Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab 3

Thanks for the update, Richard.  Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

DRIVER........Ping G430 Max 10K 9*
FAIRWAY........Ping G430 Max 5W
HYBRID........Ping G410 3H 
IRONS........Ping i210 4-U
WEDGES........Ping Glide 3.0 54* SS, 58* Eye2
PUTTER........Odyssey White Hot Versa Twelve-S
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/955611-hawk3y3s-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

being an it professional i understand change is p

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

easyyy said:

@bladehunter isn't that cool. So mush more than this. Wait till you see what the **** we roll out in the coming days, weeks, months. So good.

Im on board...  and if youve read my ramblings you know im not easy to change.. Hearing that you guys are optimistic and not close to completion is all it took .. cant wait to see where it goes !

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

wrbush31 said:
“Tweets, Vines and Pins are automatically recognized when pasted into a comment.”

when was the last time Vines were applicable to the internet?

When will there be full integration to MySpace and Bebo? 

• Ping G400 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 X (+16g head weight)
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X 
  • Adams Idea A7 19* & 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
  • Mizuno MP20 HMB 4i KBS C-Taper 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MMC 5-7 Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MB 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 50* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Nike Engage Raw 54* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 60* TT S400 +0.5'
  • EVNROLL 2.2 35' Super Stroke GTR 1.0